Confusion

Guilty Pleasure

 

 

"The one thing that i still know is that you keeping me down~" All the students sat silently, listening to our classmate; Kim Taeyeon, as she sang with her angelic voice, our mouths hanged open in awe, she truly was talented. All the members of the 'Vocal Club' clapped and cheered for her after she finished the song. She put down her lyrics sheets on the table and sat next to me, watching the next member's vocal perfermence. "Did i do well?" She whispered to me "Are you kidding? You  were amazing!" I chuckled quietly. "Thanks, i hope you do well too." She flashed a sweet smile at me. Me and Taeyeon were not really friends, we just met few weeks ago, she helped me get into this club, and i'm really thankful, my voice wasn't the best compared to most of the other members, but i managed somehow to improve really fast. "Silence you two! It's really disrespectful to talk during someone's peformence!" Our teacher yelled at us, she gave us few glares before moving her attention to the performer.

The small room was filled with loud laughs, the teacher was testing few instremuntals, while i was browsing the internet on my phone. Suddenly, a loud knock came from the door and a feminine figure opened the door and bowed to us, i frowned at the girl, curiosity was eating me alive. I was sure that face was familiar, before it hit me, the figure was Im Yoona. My eyes widened a bit from the surprise, i scaned her from head to toe before her eyes landed on me, i quickly turned my gaze away. She whispered few words to the teacher before she turned around again to face the students. "Attention please, We have a new member who will be joining us." The teacher annonced. "Hey, i'm Im Yoona and i'm new here, please take good care of me." She bowed down to us and sat in one of the empty chairs.

 

"Did you see her? I told you she wasn't normal! I swear i saw her talking to herself!"

"Jesus christ, Sooyoung. Calm down, why are you making a big deal out of it? She's completly normal, and all the students aren't giving a about her, you're the only one who think she's some kind of a freak." 

"No! i'm not- Oh my god wait! Is that her following us from behind? Holy mother of nature she's really following us! That's it i'm out, bye." Sooyoung quickly changed her path, heading to the girls' bathroom. "Um, hey? I didn't know you were interested in music too." I almost jumped when i felt a figure behind me, her breath brushing against my skin as she spoke, i felt goosebumps rose on my skin making me shiver slightly. "Well, you barely know me, how are you supposed to know a thing about me?" I scoffed with annoyance. "Woah, that's not the girl i met in a coffee shop few days ago, you okay?" I felt sarcasm taking over her tone. "You're weird, just few days ago, you literally were hitting on me, and then you started ignoring me without a reason." I scoffed at her. "Without a reason? Excuse me, you freaking asked me out, and you didn't even come. How is that not a reason to you?" She asked, rising both her eyebrows. I heaved a sigh, her words spoke the truth, but i wasn't the person to give up easily and admit it. "Okay, forget it, i forgive you. I assume you still didn't make any friends yet, wanna eat lunch with me?" I offered, not trying to sound desperate or anything like that. "See how easily you gave in to me? Just kidding, let's meet after the second period, infront of the cafeteria." Amusement touched the corner of her lips, making a wide smile spread across my face. 

 

"So, tell me about yourself."

"My name is Im Yoon-"

"I know your name."

"I'm sorry. I'm from Seoul, and i came here to live with my aunt, temporarily."

"Why would you leave Seoul? It has better colleges than here." 

"My perents died few months ago, and i have nobody in Seoul, not anymore. My aunt thought it would be a great idea to move in with her, and transfer to a college in here, in fact, it's only temporarily, i will not stay here forever."

"Sorry for your loss, i am saddened that you have endured such a difficult experience."

"No, it's okay. Now that i've told you few things about me, tell me about yourself."

"Well, i'm an exchange student from Canada, that's it."

"You don't have much to say about yourself, huh?"

"Yeah, right. What makes you interested in the Vocal Club anyway? It was a surprise to see you there."

"I don't know, i just thought maybe i could make some friends by joining, but it seems like everyone is...Scared of me?"

"Yeah, there are some rumors about you being a "Lunatic" or somthing. It's stupid, i still don't know what makes them think like that." 

"Um, i think i should go. I-i have something to do later." She stuttered while trying to pick her things up as fast as possible. Her bag accidentaly fell on the cafeteria table, causing my water bottle to fell on the floor. "I'm sorry!" She quickly bended on her knees and picked it up. The large room was never this silent, students were frozen in their places, nudging and mumering to each other. She handed me the bottle and ran off.

"What did just happen?!" I almost jumped from my place when Sooyoung came from nowhere and sat next to me. "I don't know, i'm confused as well. It all happened so fast." I shrugged my shoulders. "Stay away from her, she looks like a serial killer." She leaned down and whispered to me, giving me goosebumps down my spine. "What the hell, Soo? She probably just had something urgent to do. She's actually really nice." I laughed at her childishness, giving her shoulder a light smack. Just after few minutes of our talk, the bell rang, causing many students to storm out of the cafeteria,some heading to their classes, some heading to the exit. "Hey, Yuri. Taeyeon is having her birthday party next sunday, just in case you ever forget or something." Sooyoung noted. "What makes you think i would forget something as important as that?" I asked, trying to hold on my laugh. "Nevermind, i'm gonna go to the library." She waved her right arm, leaving me alone in the middle of the hallway. "Why is everyone leaving me today?" I chuckled to myself before i headed to the exit.