Prologue

Guilty Pleasure

 

 

 

 

My name is Kwon Yuri, 22 years old, i am an exchange student for S.Korea. I study at BUFS University also know as Busan University of Foreign Studies, i also work as a waitress at Coffee Mandalay.

 

I was wiping off the counter of the coffee shop, when suddenly the door opened, a tall slim girl came in with an armful of books, she had chocolate brown eyes, long dark silk hair. She sat on one of the tables beside the large window, the morning breeze mopped her forehead with tufts of hair.

 

"Good morning miss, what can i get for you?" i asked her, smiling sweetly.

"Can i get a butterbeer frappuccino and a slice of flourless chocolate ganache?" i nodded my head at her request.

"I'm sorry, i didn't catch your name." i turned back at her, waiting for her answer.

"Yoona." she grinned from ear to ear, while turning on her mac book, and opening some of her books, she must be a student too.

 

After few minutes, i came back with her drink on a cup with her name written on it, and a small plate of chocolate cake, putting them infront of her.

 

"Please let me know if there's something else you'd like" i uttered, trying too hard to not sound like i was coming on to her. She just nodded her head, i kept watching her every move from behind the check-out counter, it was only 07:30 am, the cafeteria was still empty, she was the first costumer for today.

 

3 Hours has passed, costumers started to come and Yoona was still in her table, reading her book, she'd buy a drink every hour or so. We would exchange few glances, sometimes when i walk past her table, she gives a hesitant smile. So i decided to make the first move, after my shift ended, i quickly changed into my normal clothes and went to her table and sat infront of her, she flashed a smile at me, i could already sense her nervousness, we had few small talks.

 

"You must be a student." i said looking at her books and her computer.

"Yes, i study at the foreign studies university." she replied smiling cheekily at me.

I didn't reply, so she goes to the same university as me.

 

"Can i read it?" i asked pointing at one of the books laying beside her. She just nodded at me, her eyes never left her computer screen. I slowely picked the leather covered book, "'Thinking, Fast & Slow'" i mumbled its title, she must be really interested in psychology, i'm not a big fan of those things, they remind me of my step father, he was a psychiatrist.

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

"You stupid ungrateful brat" he yelled as he slammed me against the kitchen counter. "How dare you make a decision like this without telling me, Huh?" with every word, he slapped my face, he was mad because i decided to move to South Korea, my main reason of the sudden decision was not studying, i wanted to escape the cage, the cage that is supposed to be home.

"Do you know how much it costs to pay a ticket to Korea? It probably costs more than your life!" he screamed, slamming my head against the wall.

 

"Who the do you think you are? why would i tell you about it? it's my life, people. Mind your own business!" i yelled at him, not giving a damn about what's gonna happen next.

next thing i knew, i was being kicked, punshed, attacked, slapped, you name it.

 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

I was deep in though, memories flashing in my mind. Before i knew it, yoona was already packing up her stuff, and then she shoved a piece of paper in my pocket. I took it out and slowely read it.

 

 

080-xxx-xxxx

- IM YOONA

 

 

I hurriedly left the coffee shop, trying to find her, but she wasn't there.

 

 

She Disappeared Like Smoke In The Air.

 

 

 

 

                     COMING SOON!