Chapter 2

This Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Moonbyul was sitting on a bench with the Han River in front of her, alone under the light post. The tranquil river is the total opposite of Moonbyul's mind right now. She finally figured it out – why Solar wants her out of the group. She doesn't think it's a big deal but surprise, it's actually very important to Solar.

How stupid of Moonbyul, really. Just because she made it open to everyone close to them of her feelings for Solar doesn't mean Solar is completely okay with her showing affections to her, in front of so many people. She forgot that Solar isn't the same as what she is.

Solar is attracted to boys, and her actions towards her isn't really something that will make Solar very comfortable. That, and the fact that Moonbyul's uality will cause the group to fall apart.

Moonbyul looked up at the sky, chuckling bitterly as she saw not even a single star to at least light up her gloomy night. God must really hate me for being the way that I am. But what can I do? This is what I am... She's the one I fell in love with. I can do nothing to change that. Without realising a lone tear crawls its way on her flushed cheek. She hates being helpless, but she is now.

She takes a deep breath. What if she just leaves the group just like what Solar wants? Mamamoo will be fine with her – to be honest, she's just pulling her group down. They can't cover a song just the way it is because every time they have to add the rap part. Too much time and effort just so Moonbyul won't look like an awkward turtle beside the hares. If she leaves then Mamamoo will be able to freely focus on vocals and improve more.

If she leaves, Solar won't have to cover her up all the time, her stress will be lessened, she can be happy again. If she leaves then the constant risk that she'll be outed will be gone and the three members can finally move without thinking 'oh this might cause a rumour to start'.

If she leaves, they can be free.

She swallowed down painfully as tears continued to run down her cheeks.

She must've known not to fall in love with her fellow member. She tried to stop it, but it's hard when everyday she sees Solar's angelic face, smiling, laughing, being so dangerously adorable for Moonbyul's heart.

Just imagining Solar's smiling face makes Moonbyul grin, magically washing away the pain that Solar caused her not even three hours ago. And that's when Moonbyul knew that she's already fallen deeply in love with her. So deep she doesn't want to wake up to another day without seeing her. But she has to. She has to wake up without seeing her because that is the only way she'll be able to get rid of these poisonous feelings for her.

The only way she can move on is to break her own heart to millions of pieces.

It's the best for everyone, she thought.

 

 

Wheein just finished eating her late night dinner. Her heart still feels heavy, especially when she let go of Moonbyul that night, still trembling from crying too much. Moonbyul told her she wanted to be alone, and though Wheein rather she talks to her instead, she realised that Moonbyul might want to think for herself. She knows that Moonbyul was deeply hurt of what happened, and she is too. She still can't believe Solar's capable of saying such words. She respects her unnie so much... but after what happened, she feels like she doesn't know Solar anymore.

The Solar that they used to know was a happy, angelic person that is too pure and precious for the world, as Moonbyul said when they were talking about the new, weird trainee before. But when she saw how Solar snapped at Moonbyul earlier, she saw Solar as another person.

Wheein tied the bin bag and started carrying it out of her apartment. As soon as she stepped out of the door, the first thing she saw was Solar on the floor, leaning her head on the wall outside Moonbyul's apartment. Wheein shook her head as she put down the rubbish and started making her way towards the leader.

She sat down next to her, startling Solar.

“Wheein-ah,” Solar groggi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter