Chapter 1

This Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Being a leader of South Korea's trending girl group is not as easy as it seems to be. Being under the lime light all the time is exhilirating at first but after a while when you realise that every word that comes out of your mouth, to the way your eyes roll, and even with the way your lips twitch – everything that you do must be under control.

Especially when you have a secret that must be kept from the public's eye.

As usual, Mamamoo are performing in a university festival, and as usual Moonbyul's being clingy again, doing skinships with Solar that cross the line of merely fan service to something more meaningful. Solar has had enough of telling Moonbyul off every single time they step off the stage – mostly saying 'keep your hands to yourself, please' , 'we're not at home', and the harshest so far, 'do you want to see our group crumple down?' But those words don't seem to affect Moonbyul. She always just laugh it off as if it's just some kind of a sick joke.

Solar hates it. Solar hates how Moonbyul doesn't care about their group's reputation at all, while she has to fix everything as she is the leader.

It's not a secrect to their members, and even their company staff that Moonbyul has a thing for their leader. Nobody seems to mind it except Solar, really. Solar is paranoid, she's under the pressure of being in charge of the group that she's the member of Mamamoo that always think about the fans' feelings; what they think and what they want.

'Fans love it,' Moonbyul deadpanned while Solar was telling her off one time. Solar just rolled her eyes as they started walking to their company car to go home. It always end like this as Solar doesn't want to start an argument with her member.

At first, Solar doesn't mind Moonbyul touching her , patting her stomach, caressing her arms or hair – actually she secretly loves when Moonbyul does those things to her. But as they start to establish their name up there with other groups, Solar began being careful and aware of everything her members do, especially Moonbyul as one wrong move, they can go downhill.

Now that they are no doubt one of the most popular groups now in Korea, the pressure is heavier, and it's stressing her out every time Moonbyul starts something with her in front of million pairs of eyes in South Korea. Being someone who isn't heteroual in South Korea must be damned, that's the unwritten rule – so when the public finds out what Moonbyul feels for her, then it's the end of their career.

Moonbyul cannot understand that, Solar thought. Moonbyul cannot understand the weight of everything she does that Solar even agreed to do We Got Married – the show that she despises as she doesn't like pretending to be in love with someone – so that rumours will end even if it hasn't started yet. At the same note, Moonbyul also dreaded the idea. But what can she do, she asked herself. Though she has feelings for Solar, for her it is impossible for Solar to reciprocate the same feelings towards her. Mainly because of one thing, they are both girls, and Solar likes boys. End of. But that doesn't mean she will stop showing affections for her.

Their performance has just ended and all of the members waited for their cue to leave in the open waiting room. for some reason that scares Moonbyul, Wheein and Hwasa, Solar's face that is usually all smiley and happy is now crunched down to a deep frown.

The three shared questioning looks; the three of them arguing with their eyes on who will ask Solar first. Wheein lost the staring game and finally prepared herself to ask their leader.

“What's wrong Yongsun, unnie?” She asked, putting her hand on her shoulder as a comforting gesture.

Solar smiles, tight-lipped. “I'm fine. Don't worry.” She assuured but no one believes her. Especially the blonde girl leaning on the wall.

Moonbyul shook her head as she begins making her way towards Solar. Naturally, she caresses her hair, but Solar flinches and moves away, shocking all of them but nobody made a sound. Moonbyul scowled, not liking the rejection.

Solar looks around if anyone of the fans captured a photo of that moment. She isn't sure if they did, but surely there are cameras everywhere. “Will you stop?” She murmured quietly so that Moonbyul is the only one to hear it.

Moonbyul's eyebrows met in the middle, perplexed. “Stop what?” She whispers back.

The other girl just sighed, looking up as she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter