Pt. 6: Motion Picture

What He'll Never Have

 

What He’ll Never Have

Part Six: Motion Picture

 

* * *

 

*Author's Note:* I've switched around some of the characters and altered the first five chapters slightly. My apologies for the confusion. Refer back to previous chapters.

 

 

“Lights. Camera. Action!” 

 

I rolled my eyes at Sehun’s imbecilic antics before clearing my throat and glancing at the large roll of poster paper full of scripted words Xiumin held up for me. 

 

I had finished up at the Red Cafe a little over two hours ago, said my goodbyes to Baekhyun and met up with my buds at Sehun’s house. Since then we had talked over the events of our days... well, mine mostly... and gotten to work on the next stage in our diabolical scheme. Much to our delight, things were moving much faster than we had originally planned. Opportunity was presenting itself like gifts wrapped under a Christmas tree with both Chanyeol’s sudden lack of ability to hurt me and Baekhyun’s eager willingness to get close to me... which I still had trouble believing had actually happened. Honestly what does someone, who looks like that, see in me? I was dumbfounded.

 

But anyway... stage three of our plot was the creation of ‘the thing’ that would officially destroy Chanyeol’s glory days: a movie. The idea was to send him a personalized message from myself, adding video clips of Baekhyun with me (yet to be obtained) and then splash it all over social media. With the way gossip swam at our school - at lightening fast speeds - it would ensure everyone would know of Chanyeol’s defeat and shame within a twenty-four hour period. After that Baekhyun would break up with me of course, and the whole thing would end in glorious success. 

 

“Park Chanyeol,” I began, eyes fixed on the camera in a way that I hoped looked calm and in control, “You’re probably wishing right about now that you had never messed with me. I wish you hadn’t either... but in case you aren’t thinking that yet, here’s a few clips I think you might enjoy watching.” I left a pause so Xiumin could easily cut the shot and insert some footage of me and Baekhyun, and anything else ego-obliterating that we were lucky enough to get on camera. Then I continued, “You see Chanyeol, you may have been the ‘top dog’ and ‘it guy’ for the last four years, beating on us little people, but there’s one thing you were never able to get, and well, as you can see now... I did.” Out of the corner of my eye I could see Sehun motioning for me to lean closer to the camera. Clearing my throat, and tossing a smirk on my face I leaned in. “I stole Baekhyun - your two year crush - and it was easy as pie. Too bad he’s the one thing you’ll never have.” I blew a kiss for effect and sat back in my chair. 

 

“Cut!” Sehun exclaimed, laughing. “That was seriously perfect, Dae. He’ll be crushed! Now we just need to do some fillers of you banging his girl and we are all set!” 

 

I stopped.

 

“What?” 

 

The two looked at me. 

 

“What?” Sehun blinked in confusion, cocking his head to the side like he didn’t understand my question.  

 

“What you just said... ‘banging his girl’...since when was I planning to do that?!” I said, mortification bubbling to the surface. I hadn’t ever considered going that far. 

 

“Umm Jongdae, that’s been the plan all along.” It was Xiumin who spoke this time, frowning slightly.

 

“Since WHEN??” I exploded. “How on earth could you two possibly expect me to do that?!” 

 

“Well I don’t know,” Sehun shrugged, looking somewhat irritated. “It was your plan. You told us. Remember?” I shook my head.

 

“NO! I distinctly remember ‘telling you guys’ that I was going to steal Baekhyun. Not have with him! He’s a GUY!!” I spit the word in disgust, as if they hadn’t known that obvious piece of info. 

 

Sehun rounded on me angrily. “We told you that but you insisted it would be fine since it would just be for a short while and then you would dump the kid. It’s too late to back out now Jongdae!” 

 

“But I was never planning to go that far! That’s insane. Why can’t I just walk around with him? Or maybe kiss him like once?” 

 

“Because you know that won’t be enough to convince Chanyeol he’s lost. You have to go all the way.” I stared at Xiumin, watching him lazily put away the camera equipment as if he hadn’t just told me to give up my ity to a boy. It was insane! My mind reeled, racing through all the reasons for why it was unnecessary. Some voice in the back of my brain though, was telling me they were right. 

 

I knew Chanyeol. Perhaps better than anyone else did. He had bullied and abused me for years now almost daily- getting in my head with insults he knew would hurt far worse than the punches he threw. I knew how he worked. And because of it, I knew that the only thing that would truly, totally devastate him would be claiming Baekhyun. Fully. 

 

 

I sat, my body sagging into the bed with a sudden weighty exhaustion I had never felt before. I didn’t want to do this. I had known I would have to touch Baekhyun, and probably even kiss him in front of the bully, but nothing more had honestly ever crossed my mind. 

 

It just seemed wrong - using someone like that - using Baekhyun like that. The memory of his happy laughter echoed in my ears along with the the moment he had said that people normally didn’t want others to know they hung out with him. He had been hurt by the world. Perhaps almost as much as I had. Could I really do the same thing to him? Treat him like a piece of meat instead of the sarcastic, gorgeous person he was? I sighed.

 

There was no other choice. 

 

“Fine.” I said, looking up at my two best friends that I loved more than anyone else. I could do it for them. “I’ll do it.” 

 

A sick pang of guilt lodged itself in my chest, its claws slowly twisting. 

 

 

 

* * *

 

 

 

What He’ll Never Have

Part Six Completed.

Subscribe. Comment. Upvote.