Mozaic 20 - Fine us

Have you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's only been several months since she came back to this country, living hectic schedules daily as she still trying to adapting to her new responsibilities which foreign from her usual duties. She had generally easier life before, responsible to only handful persons while here people she need to take care of multiplied to thousands which at times scared her.

Jung Eunji was regarding good as a student, some plentiful people excelled more than her yet she had that certain value which set her apart from the rest. Brightness certainly was one of those values. She was the kind of person who plays hard, study hard. The girl who spends nights marathon on dramas but still finish every assignment earlier than anyone in her class. Usually, those good ones were getting bullied or being ostracized from society, but not her case. Anyone was willing to be her friend, she knew almost anyone at school.

And those kids who striving their best on studying at her academy pretty much remind her of those old days. Of her friends. Of how anyone was doing their best to preserve their dream. How they look so distant but also fragile at times.

Korea is different than what she remembers, the country had developed almost on every manner this whole decade, she often saw about it on news since K-pop has become such a global phenomenal thus made the easiest way to find any issues relating to the country on internet.

And living back on advanced Korea this past month was a completely different experience than her childhood. Still feel unreal if she thought back on how she was reluctant to came here at the beginning, being speechless on getting Song Dana as her co-worker, re-connecting with old lives and people dearest to her like Bomi, and made peace with the very reason which used to scared her the most, even admitting that Song Minho still despite everything, is one of her favorite people. The last confession can be viewed as dangerous, but it is true.

 

She inhaled deeply as her eyes stare towards the row of eatery places across the academy, where lots of students have a meal before their respective courses. She loves eating around too, they offered affordable prices with an enormous amount of food which a perfect deal for students.

This is one of her newly found habits, standing near the window while observing their surroundings. Trying to dig more insight into anything which happened to catch her attention, and surprisingly she found this habit calmed her nerves.

Ever since she came, Jung Eunji had not much chance to explore the city, she mostly stays at her room, or meeting room, juggling between meet up with her lecturer and team, discussing stuffs: anything related to the exam, strategy to attracts more students, or recruiting more hands. Which to be perfectly honest, often made her dizzy. But also interesting. Then occasionally, she would personally be checking out every class, whether they already satisfied their needs, whether the students felt comfortable. Even attending class on her own. She loves doing this, get to know the kids directly, listening to their worries. The program which they appreciated a lot than her expectation since so many kids than telling her stuff, maybe the ever bright Jung Eunji indeed exudes warmth which made them comfortable enough to share their stories.

A buzz on the table broke the stillness which occupied her room, she turns around and leaves her spot, finding Bomi's name on the screen. “Jung Eunji is speaking,” she said, opened up the conversation.

“Are you busy, Ms. Jung?” Asked Bomi on the other line, her voice sounds raspier than ever.

Eunji hummed shortly, “Are you catching a cold?”

“Uh, no.” Bomi immediately answer, “my voice sounds different, rite? We have a busy day. I cracked my voice, he-he-he.”

Eunji shakes her head at her words, “Should I visit your place later?” She offered.

“Would be good.” Bomi said, “I can cook you something for dinner.”

“Really?”

“Not anything tho. You can't request the menu.” Bomi adds, automatically seeing through Eunji's plan on the menu.

“You’re not fun.” Eunji protests. “I thought I am being invited now. You should please the guest.” She paused for a second, “I would appreciate Yoon Bomi being generous tonight, would grill me a steak.”

Bomi scoffed dramatically on the other hand, “not a chance, Ms. Jung.” she said, and then the connection is stopped.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Miss.” Greeted the girl with a green ribbon the moment she pushed through the door.

Eunji smiled to her, “Annyeonghaseyo, Sejeong-Ssi. How have you been?” She asked, recognizing the very girl Bomi had introduced to her.

The girl beamed a dazzling smile, “It's been some while, Eonni. I am fine.” She told her, eagerly. Which seems endearing.

Eunji walks through towards the counter when a new face greets her, “Ice mint choco, please.” She said, after looking at the menu, being the not coffee person, her choice of drink is often limited, but Yoon Bomi has a various offer which pleased her. It's just, a pity, her cafe located a bit further from her workplace.

After briefly saying hello to the busy barista, she moves to pick her seat, since the cafe is busier, she doesn't have a choice, thus she settled on the nearest table from the counter.

She is busily typing back to Mommy's message when a large plat of filet mignon being placed in front of her. Made her immediately looks up to the smiling Bomi.

“Your eyes would jump out, Miss.” She said jokingly, definitely enjoying her startled expression, “you said you want this.”

“Bomi-ya, Hiiiing.”

Yoon Bomi laughing as she sits across to Eunji, “no wine tho. Settled with your chocolate,” she said as she pointed out to her paper cup, which is served by Sejeong just now.

Jung Eunji's eyes were all over the meat, looking very much overwhelmed by the sudden kindness, completely unexpecting Yoon Bomi's fine care. “I understated your greatness, My Dear.” Admitted her, as her hand lifts the fork.

Bomi smirked to her reaction, “Go eat it.” She nods happily as Eunji starts cutting the meat into smaller pieces.

“Why you don't eat?” Eunji asked while cutting the meat.

The cafe owner shakes her head, “I had my dinner already.” She declined, “you better fix your eating habits or” her words cut at the mid-sentence when a slice of meat being fed right to .

Bomi frowns to the now widely grinning Eunji, “let's finish this together, Yoon Sajangnim.”

 

The meat finished immediately, given filet slices weren't abundant in the first place, thankfully Eunji had filled in her tummy with a cup of Ramyeon before came, being forced to have the meal with her staff after their last meeting.

“Why you don't try to open a steak house, Ms. Yoon?” She asked after finishing the last sip of her chocolate, her eyes were on Bomi who still munching the last piece of the meat.

Bomi lifted her shoulder playfully, “your Eonni is too busy. I can't split myself to manage both.”

The answer earns a genuine smile from the friend, “your staff here are seem capable of running the cafe on their own.” Eunji commented as her eyes wandering around the coffee booth where the senior barista is busily checking on her assistants for their respective assignment.

Bomi nods, readily agree, “yes but.. I need to studying more on the plan, besides, I need to ask your BF for another place.”

Eunji's hand stop mid-air before reach the tissue to wipe her lip, the last word from Bomi caught her off guard, and her eyes immediately eyed the later while Bomi seems collected enough, even amused by Eunji's startled reaction.

“Song Minho came and told me about what was going on between both of you.” Bomi easily shared the story, “and I won't nagged you nor forcing you to quit things with him.”

The thoughtful response from Bomi made Eunji creased her forehead, clearly not expecting this, “Sorry, I thought you would be disappointed with me.”

Yoon Bomi smiled, “Why would I?”

Eunji sighs, she resume picking the tissue and dab it lightly to the edge of her lip several times before leaning herself back to the back of the chair. “After my miserable fall, you were being so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter