Mozaic 11 - Then

Have you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Eunji Eonni told me that she met you,” Dana rattled annoyingly to her gloomy brother who seems has no other thought but to keep curled up on his comfy bed, hair ruffled into a mess along with huge eye bag hung below his eyes. He doesn’t look good, talk about how he continues to stare into nothing. “She knew all along about me being your sister, and oh dear God.. I nearly fainted to know that it was you who always sent her flowers,” she needs to hold back her desire to give him some good beatings, feeling bad for his agony.

Minho is screwed up. The man has been like a robot for more than a week already, he is still doing fine on works – went out earlier and then comes back home way more late than usual, never throw fit at home; he doesn't drown himself in drink, complete opposite with how he deal with his problems before, he also eat regularly. Yet as someone who has been living with him since forever, those were frightening Dana more than his violent self. Because way behind all of his too normal cover, he was ruined, crumbled. That broken stare explained the truth loudly.

“I know you are having a difficult time now but she has every right to cursed you out, so I can’t completely stand on your side on this.” The sister muttered quietly as she bend down to give him a light hug, to cheer her poor brother up.

Song Minho may never tell her a complete version of what could go wrong between him and Eunji Eonni, maybe this stubborn man never even told anyone. Because it was just the way he normally is, loved to keep people around him in the dark but away from terrible things. But Dana wasn’t a fool, nor ignorant especially about people dearest to her, she knows that for some time in the past, her brother was never the same anymore. Even when he met women, lots of women, including that certain someone – he wasn’t like his old self. The most noticeable part of all was his gaze like he forced himself to be there when his mind being in somewhere else. And how he keeps Eunji’s photo among his old stuff gave her more certain reason to believe that the girl wasn’t only an old friend to him, but more.

“I left her there that day.” It was him, sound weak but sure, pulled Dana out of her deep thought. Minho is still curled up, face against her and though she can’t exactly map out his expression, the grief was filled his voice. And she doesn’t miss on how he tightens his grip on the pillow. “It was winter, thick snow-covered everywhere and I left her in the middle of nowhere,” his breathing went rougher like he was fought himself to finally let out his biggest fault to someone who looks up high on him, “alone,” he adds quietly.

Dana freezes beside him, she eyes his back with visible horror and hurt. Though she already guessed since years ago that it has to be something utterly terrible, heard his confession like this still makes her want to throw a punch on him. How on earth his dear brother dare to did something as ugly to such a sunshine like Eunji and then he even spent all these years while saying how bad he missed her. “You are shameless, Oppa.” Dana quietly told him under her gritted teeth, she needs to hold her breath a few times to control her emotions. Try to be considerate about him who wants to be honest with her.

“I hardly can argue,” he doesn’t object her saying.

“Jin Yi Eonni, right?” she suddenly asked, and the way his body stiffen when heard that very name confirmed her doubt already. Of course, that woman was connected to all of the bad things in his life, and Dana has run out bad words to curse her. For a second, she marvels at how time didn’t fade her disliking towards that certain woman.

Yoon Jin Yi, two years older than her brother Song Minho. According to what people around him told her, the former couple met up through some club’s activities when they were a freshman in high school though they didn’t attend the same school, love at first sight as they assumed since takes an only short amount of times until they were officially together, and inseparable.

Oppa brought her home, introduce her formally to family in one of their family dinner, she was tiny – that was Dana’s first impression and actually can earn more points if she did not keep talking about her superior skill on making delicious cakes, though it wasn’t exactly why Dana dislike her so much still it ruins her interest to doubled up her score. Song Dana couldn’t exactly recalled, but maybe Mom and Dad had better judgment about that woman, at least on first encounter, not today, because she will bet a bucks for them been no different than Dana’s own opinion.

The pair spent some up and down – their relationship went on and off a few times, mostly due to their personalities. They were similar, and Dana can understand why her brother stays for so long with that certain girl, it was because he loved being worshipped highly by someone, and she was worshipping him greatly. But they also have hot temper, his temperament even turn way wilder with her, it was when he started being violent when angry. They fought a lot, ugly fight. And most the reasons were because of her jealousy towards his old life, people dearest for him, and Dana can point out who Yoon Jin Yi disliked the most in particular among his dear close friend, she was Eunji.

When she was younger, Dana didn’t know about Eunji, well... she often heard about her since her brother often talked about her at home, especially with Mom, even now.. their mom still talked about Eunji, very fondly, from time to time, saying that she really missed her and then Oppa would saying rubbishes, like how Eunji Eonni send regards on her birthday, or special occasions like Christmas, Chuseok, new year or Seollal new year.

“You still dislike her, aren’t you?”

Dana sighed softly before nod, “You know better,” admitted, he used to get angry with her before especially if Dana didn't try to show any kindness or manner towards that certain woman whenever she visited their home.

“I regret a lot,” Minho says softly, almost like a whisper but Dana still can hear it.

“She caused you way lot of troubles, guess, you weren’t yourself whenever that girl around. You chose to throw away anyone according to her liking, she made you lost your friends and us, Oppa.” Dana told him, “And I can remember how ugly her jealousy towards Eunji Eonni was.”

Song Minho, at last, pulled up his body from his comfortable bed, looks like a train wreck, his sister was right. It was Eunji, Yoon Jin Yi was always hated Eunji, brought Eunji in most of their fight, believing her as the biggest reason for their fights, and always use his anger when she insulted Eunji as her free pass card for all of her fault.

He remembers how Eunji knows it well and she just laughs easily when he offered her his apologies, saying that it was completely normal if a girlfriend being jealous of your good girl-human-friend. And that she understands if he were going to cut their communication someday. Eunji is always like that, sincere, grounded, loving, understanding. How bad he wanted her to know that those sides of her were his favorites, and how he didn’t feel good when she told him about her new crush.

Their extreme fight often leads to numerous separations and the longest was that time, when during that period, he and Eunji eventually get together.

He was on his summer vacation after broke up from Jin Yi after dating around a year or two—he decided to spend holiday away, not because he wanted to avoid her—no. That time he came back to Busan to spend time with old friends, and Eunji was there. Stay beside him most of the time like in old times, with her signature smile and cheerfulness which heal his messed life and make him realize what he had lost, what he had ignored all these years when he cared nothing but his Jin Yi. Those realization lead to old sparks which-ever there, to a familiar story w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter