iv. catching up and hot boyfriends

Hold the sugar, please. You're sweet enough for me. (hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngjae is all smiles when he high-fives Changkyun. He hasn't seen his childhood friend in more than two years and he didn't know he missed him so much before seeing the other walk through their front door. Changkyun grins back and somehow Youngjae finally feels at peace again. Not that he was feeling down before, but something inside him feels whole again after seeing Changkyun after two long (way too long) years. Jooheon also smiles at Youngjae, his dimples showing, and Youngjae's glad to see the elder again too.

"So, what have you been up to?" Youngjae asks and they gratefully accept the snacks and drinks Jinyoung places on the table before the elder walks away.

"Well," Changkyun begins as he takes a sip of his drink. "After we moved away to America I studied at Boston University."

Youngjae's mouth falls open in silent amazement. "That's so cool!"

Changkyun giggles at his friend's expression while Jooheon playfully rolls his eyes. "You would think he got smarter during those two years in America, but he's still the same idiot he was before he left," the redhead comments jokingly and Changkyun lets out a indignant huff. 

"Why do you have to be so mean all the time hyung," Changkyun whines and Youngjae thinks it's funny the latter is born earlier than him, because he always makes Youngjae feel like he is the older one instead of the other way around. 

"Anyway," Jooheon stirs the conversation back on track, sticking his tongue out at Changkyun and receiving a jab in his ribs in return. "What have you been up to, Youngjae?"

Youngjae leans back on the comfortable chair and quickly gazes around the cafe before smiling at his friends.

"Nothing much, really. I'm still studying, but right after you left Mark hyung said he had opened up his own cafe and could really need some help. It was a nice way to kind of accept you were gone. Fast forward and here we are, this place has become my second home," Youngjae says with a fond smile on his face. Changkyun can't help but purse his lips as he thinks back to the day he had to leave his best friend, but he quickly shakes his head to rid himself of the sad thoughts and shoots Youngjae a smile back.

"Well, I'm not planning on leaving Korea anytime soon, so I'm afraid you're stuck with me just like the old days," Changkyun grins as Youngjae excitedly bounces on his chair in agreement. 

Jooheon silently drinks his tea as he lets his friends catch up and looks around the cafe. He can understand why it's so popular around the neighborhood. The interior is cozy, but not messy and it has just the right amount of cuteness for both girls and guys to appreciate. The smell of freshly baked goods and coffee beans also does wonders to his mood, making him feel relaxed and at ease. Jooheon takes another sip and lets his eyes wander towards the dark haired male he has been eyeing for a bit now.

The guy looks handsome in his cafe uniform and when Jooheon sees one of the other baristas make a joke, the guy's laugh resonates through the shop. Jackson looks up when he feels someone staring at him and when he notices it's Jooheon, he grins back. The redhead feels his cheeks heating up so he chooses to break their gaze and focus on his friends again.

"By the way," Changkyun says after he is done chewing on a piece of lemon cheesecake. "Why does Jaebum hyung keep on glaring at me?"

Youngjae's eyebrows knit together as he tilts his head in confusion.

"Jaebum is glaring at you?"

Before Youngjae can ask Changkyun more, Jooheon interrupts him.

"He totally is, I know a jealous glare when I see one. How can you not notice that? Is he your boyfriend?"

"D-Don't be ridiculous! Jaebum is not my b-boyfriend and he is definitely not j-jealous!" Youngjae sputters as he frantically waves his hands in front of his face, his cheeks growing redder by the second and Jooheon begins to laugh as Changkyun wiggles his eyebrows suggestively.

"You sooo like him," Changkyun teases and Youngjae hides his face in embarrassment. Jooheon's loud laughter attracts the others' attention and in seconds Jackson pops up at their table with a raised eyebrow and twinkling eyes.

"Who likes who?"

Changkyun wants to answer, but Youngjae quickly slaps his hand in front of his mouth, muffling his friend's words. Changkyun sneakily Youngjae's palm and the latter lets out a scream followed by high pitched laughter, garnering a glower from Jaebum who is cleaning the counter while paying attention to their antics in dismay. Jackson doesn't get his answer and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter