iii. childhood friends and dimples

Hold the sugar, please. You're sweet enough for me. (hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's two weeks after their magic week, the guys' relentless kitty jokes toward Jaebum slowly dying down, and Youngjae, Jinyoung and Jackson are seated at one of the comfy booths in the cafe enjoying their break time.

"I was so not prepared for that sight," Jackson whines as he stabs his lemon cheesecake with a fork. Jinyoung laughs and reaches over to pat his loud friend on the arm. 

"Well, what did you expect? Bambam and Gyeommie are in a relationship and old enough to kiss, Jackson," Jinyoung says. Youngjae giggles, being careful not to choke on the peach ice tea he's sipping through a pink straw, and sends Jackson a sympathetic look when the older guy rolls his eyes dramatically.

"But that doesn't mean they should kiss in the supply closet at work! I nearly had a heart attack when I opened the door to see them re-enact a scene from Brokeback Mountain!"

This time Youngjae does choke on his tea; snorting loudly when he bursts into laughter. Jinyoung thumps Youngjae's back and merely raises an eyebrow in amusement.

"You've seen Brokeback Mountain?"

Jackson's cheeks go pink and he decides not to comment in favor of pushing some lemon cheesecake into his mouth. 

"What's so funny?" Jaebum walks out of the backroom holding a mug of hot chocolate and sits down next to Jackson, looking worriedly at Youngjae who is still coughing. "And why is Jae coughing like that?"

"Well," Jinyoung drawls with a sly smile, "apparently Jackson has seen Brokeback Mountain."

Youngjae laughs again and Jaebum stares at Jackson with a smirk. "You learn something new every day," he says and Jackson elbows him in the ribs.

When Jinyoung is about to say something, the bell above the entrance chimes and two persons walk in.

"Uhm, the sign on your door says we can still come in during your break," one of the two says. They turn to look at their new customers and Youngjae's eyes widen.

"Changkyun!"

​Youngjae leaps out of his seat and tackles one of the customers dubbed as 'Changkyun'. When Youngjae makes impact, they tumble to the floor and Changkyun lets out a grunt mixed with a laugh.

"It's been a while," Changkyun says with a grin as he looks up at Youngjae who is trying to sit up from his position on Changkyun's stomach. Jinyoung smiles at the scene, unaware of Jaebum glowering holes into Changkyun's head, while Jackson is too busy staring at the other person standing in the doorway to care.

Jinyoung stands up and walks up to them, extending his hands to help Youngjae and Changkyun up from the ground.

"Jae, might telling us who your friend is?" Jaebum bites out, eyes narrowed at Changkyun.

Youngjae beams once he's standing up and ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter