ONE

Of Rubber Ducks, Flower Pots and Bombs

The actuall beginning of the story/ How hiding behind a flowerpot is practically standing and waving with a sign that you are there

Whoever invented school was a douchebag. Vernon even had the living example here - which was dying. 

Oh well. 

"Did he die yet?", he asked Won Woo, yawning. The other was deeply immersed poking the other alive. Let me intoduce his two bestfriends; Seung Cheol the dying corpse and Won Woo, the poking little . 

Introducing end. 

"No, I poke signs of living"

"I'm pretty sure, that was grammatically not okay" 

"I have 38 points in korean, thank you very much"

Vernon gasped: "38 out of 100?! How do you manage such an high number?!"

Won Woo just grinned proudly, before he proceeded with poking again. Gosh, that guy and poking. There was a time, Won Woo poked the shopping cart around instead of pushing it - they almost needed 4 and a half hour to even pick up their dinner. Fortunetaly he doesn't do that anymore.  

"Guys, I think I'll fail this year", suddenly a voice said, rather a mumbling or a whine or something humanly not understandable, but because Vernon, Won Woo and Seung Cheol had such a deep bond, they of course understood each other. Huh. Insert Sarcasm.

"What the hell did you just said dude?", Won Woo asked. The poke this time was harder then normally. Ouch.

"I said, I'm going to fail this year and you guys aren't helping with... being helpful"

"What the hell was that for a ed up sentence", Vernon plopped on the desk right in front of Seung Cheol

"Then you guys are not being helpful not being helpful", Seung Cheol snapped, head banging on the desk, where he was dying a moment ago. It was silent for a while. Won Woo and Vernon looked at each other.

"What do you have in korean?"

"A 21, why?"

"Explains"

"Aren't you guys gonna ask me how I manage a 21?", Seung Cheol said, now turning his head, so that it was still lying on the table, but he could see his friends. Won Woo and Vernon shrugged: "It's not that low" The oldest of them shook his head dissaprovingly. 

"Wait till you are in my position. I have to aplicate at an uni soon, but my marks are and nobody wants to take me"

"Makes sense"

"That's why I'm going to take a break of learning now -"

"- you didn't even touched your book"

"- and go visit the only sunshine in my life - the cute worker from the cafe right down the road!"

"Which is swinging around a guitar, murdering people"

But Seung Cheol was already bouncing out of the door and singing an happy song, leaving his two best-friends behind. The brunette scoffed: "He was dying an moment ago"

Won Woo just chuckled, throwing his bag over his shoulder. "Come, it's gonna get interesting"


Seung Cheol was living the ninja-life for sure. Really, he was almost there. If he could only shrink to the seize of an ant, it would be perfect. The best thing is, Won Woo and Vernon had to did the same. 

So, here they were, all three full grown boys, shrinking down and hiding behind three, little flowerpots.

"We are invisible, man", he then whispered, which came out as no whisper at all, "see, everybody's looking at us", he pointed out, but as always, Seung Cheol was just too in love to even hear them.

Does he even know that they were hiding behind flowerpots, not being suspicious at all? 

As Vernon was choosing between leaving Seung Cheol there or staying for loyality, suddenly Won Woo poked Vernon in a speed, which Vernon never had witnessed before. Was that even humanly possible?

"What?", he asked, raising an eyebrow. Won Woo didn't said anything, he just pointed at a waiter. Wow, that waiter was handsome. He was tall and winking at girls on a table. Great, a flirt. How practicall for a cafe to have somebody like him. Vernon bet, that guy brought many costumers here. But anyways - what did Won Woo want?

That question was quickly solved, as - how did Vernon not realized it before? - the waiter walked straight to them. 

Vernon was panicking, so was Won Woo. , they looked like lost little chicks, who were learning how to fly - that's how their arm movements were like - and falling back down everytime - that describes their panicking face expressions.

And oops, he was here. 

"May I help you?", he asked very friendly, but his grin somehow annoyed Vernon. 

Seems like he was saying 'I already noticed you guys from two weeks ago till now and you are still hiding behind that tiny flowerpot, which shows no use at all and how the heck do you crush on a little psychopathic that swings around with a guitar on his daily basis, murdering people and his own costumers around him and -  

Okay, maybe there was also a bit of Vernons interpretation in it. But the beginning was it.

"Uh, no. Thanks, though", Vernon answered, while Won Woo was busy shaking Seung Cheol out of his love-trance. The tall waiters grin grew. The brunette read the nameplate of the waiter. Kim Mingyu.
Kim Mingyu, Vernon thought, I offically hate you.

"Are you sure? I could show you a place, where you can sit comfortably and watch the beautiful scenery", he suggested and that was not a tone of a suggestion at all. But before Vernon could say something, Won Woo interupted: "No, it's really comfortable here. And the sight from here is perfect. Really"

There was a short silence, before Mingyu suddenly kneeled down and whispered: "I watched you guys. Don't pretend stupid with me, let me play with you. Who are you watching? Jeong Han? Ji Hoon? Seung Kwan? No, probably not him... then it must be Jeong Han! Wanna get information? He has a boyfriend by the way, who acts like Jesus, I swear. He even lents Ji Hoon his guitar. If he knew, what Ji Hoon did with the guitar, he wouldn't do that, but, oh well...  No, wait, firstly let me interduce myself - My name is Mingyu nice to meet you!"
Vernon got an headache within a minute. Gosh, that guy was talkactive.

Beside him, Won Woo came a bit closer to the stranger. "How did you found us?", he asked and Vernon could have seriously laughed at that, which he almost did, before he realized it was meant seriously. He facepalmed mentally.
"You guys were hidden behind a flowerpot", Mingyu said.

"We were hiding behind a flowerpot", Vernon said at the same time. 

Won Woo looked at them confused, he was about to open his mouth, before he then stopped himself and shrugged. 

Good job, Won Woo. Vernon wouldn't have the chill anymore to explain how stupid this place was anyways.

Speaking about it, they now even have a tower joining them stalking. 

Vernon felt the invisibility.

"So you guys are watching Jeong Han. I can tell you guys it's no -", Mingyu began, but was quickly cut off, when Won Woo came closer and whispered: "We stalk that pink haired guy, though"

Mingyu's eyes widened. "Ji Hoon?! Are you guys nuts?! Who likes him? Who the hell has a crush on him?!", he yelled quietly, which was not very quietly, as people were staring at them. Vernon made an rotten face. "Don't spit on me, dude"

"I'm sorry. Do you want a tissue?"

"Oh yes. Thank ya"

"No problem"

There was a short silence. 

"What did we talk about?", Mingyu then questioned, raising his eyebrow. Won Woo shrugged, while Vernon scoffed. He was surrounded from idots and they were all probably older then him. "So-"

"- !", Won Woo suddenly yelled again, not-so-quietly. 

It was not like the situation could get any more worse then hiding behind a flowerpot, joining one love-sick and one stupid friend stalking, and having an tall waiter annoy you - or so at least Vernon thought. 

Before he saw, what Won Woo pointed at. 

Oh God.

He wanted to run, Won Woo already stood up, trying to drag him to somewhere safe, somewhere, but out of the cafe and away from the swinging guitar, Mingyu was reaching out his hands, trying to flee with them, but it was all too late - the guitar crushed on the flowerpots and everything fell apart. 

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!", the pink haired flowerpot-terrorist screamed, as he swung the guitar over his shoulder, watching them with a glare, which Vernon thought, only wild beasts could posses. 

How the freaking hell, did Seung Cheol fall in love with him?

There was a long silence in the cafe. Everybody watched with widened eyes, including the victims themselves. Finally somebody dared to talk - Won Woo. Goodbye, Won Woo. Was not nice to had you as a friend. 

"Uhm... we are...", the raven haired male began, looking around for help, before he then belately added: "...humans"

Vernon wanted to cry. Now Won Woo would even die without swag

"Aha. And why were you guys hiding behind the flowerpots?"

Because our friend has a questionable crush on you and somehow decided to stalk you, Vernon wanted to scream, but Won Woo had a much better response: "Because... the flowerpots are our friends!"

The cafe was silent once again. Okay, let me speak, Vernon gestured to his friend, who quickly understood. He had thought about it for a while, and he came to the solution, that only one way could save him. He had to use his chance. He smiled and said: "Birdpoop"

And he ran as fast as he could.

Directly in somebody. 

Hah.

Vernons face-expression fell: "What the hell?!", he said, fearing his life. He was so close, so close to fleeing out in the nature, leaving the cafe and his friends behind, so close. But then there was this person. Who the heck -

"Hansol?", the oh-so-familiar voice asked and Vernon almost got an heart-attack. 

"Jeong Han hyung?!"

Jeong Han only smiled. Oh yes, he was that. Right, that smile. Oh my god, why did he never realized that the Jeong Han, was this Jeong Han?! Like, his roommates one and only ( boy - ) friend?!

Just when he was about to scream and panic and run in a circle and roll on the floor, somebody else did it for him.

"Seung Cheol hyung is.... dead!"

Wait, what?

Vernon turned around. 

Oh.

Ooh.

Beside him, Jeong Han chuckled. 

"I apologize on Ji Hoons behalf", he said softly, "but I think he may have crushed your friend"

Now, Vernon wanted to scream, run in a circle and roll on the floor, but suddenly somebody cleared his throath. Everybody looked at the direction, where the sound came from, just to see 5 guys standing awkwardly on the entrance. 

"Uhm... a strawberry milk please?"