Desperate

Once upon a potion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2. Desperate

“So class, what I’m going to recite is your pairings for our Music Video Project. Listen carefully. I’m just going to read it once.” The teacher said and some students nodded.

Their teacher already recite some of the pairings but Chanhee’s attention was still not on what his teacher was being discussed. He just have this thoughts that, What if he didn’t confess his feelings to Byunghun? Is his life still okay? And Why did he really confess to him causing his life to be this miserable in the first place?

“Lee Changhyun and Han Gyujin. Choi Jonghyun and Yoo Changhyun. Bang Minsoo and Ahn Daniel. Lee Chanhee and Lee Byunghun.”

Chanhee’s eyes widened when he heard his name-- not just his name but also Byunghun’s.

“H-he’s my partner?” He told himself. He then headed his eyes to Byunghun’s seat and he saw how the latter grunt in annoyance.

“He really hate me that much?” Chanhee asked as he felt a pang on his chest.  

 

***

“Hey.”

It was an hour after dismissal, when Byunghun was walking alone at the lobby then someone called him. He stopped, knowing who that someone is, but didn’t have the courage or more likely the urge to look at that person.  

“Uhm.. I’m just going to say a few words about our-- I mean about the project.” Chanhee anxiously said that made Byunghun faced to him. Chanhee immediately removed his eyes from the younger, but then quickly returned it for he remembered what he told to himself earlier.

He promised that from now on, he’s going to act tough, like he’s not being affected by the whole situation like how Byunghun hates him so much. 

“No need to worry about the project. I already told Mrs. Kim that I’m going to do the project myself. You can pair up to Sohyun since she doesn’t have any partner. Mrs. Kim agreed to it so there’s no anymore problem.” Chanhee explained.

Suddenly, Byunghun’s expression from dark turned darker and his gaze to Chanhee got stronger. “Why did you do that? Because you think I’m useless? That I can’t help? That I will not do anything about this project because I’m lazy? I’m dumb?! WHY?!”

Chanhee’s pupils dilated as he shook his head repetitively. “N-no, I didn’t mean any of that.. I-it’s just..”

“That’s the reason right?! You’re afraid to be paired with me since you’re afraid that I may be the reason if you get a low grade for this and that you’ll rank lower, isn’t it?!”

Byunghun was a hottie in school, yet everyone knows how lazy and how not serious he was when it comes to studying. He has a lot of haters at school saying that he only has the face and not the brain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter