Do you? - First

My Typical Romance Story

 

It is morning again, and people still hate math. Hi there, people, I’m Yera, a mathematics teacher. It's Monday, so I am going to school today. A new semester is coming; there’ll be new students at school. I don’t really hate my job; in fact, I love it. It’s not my dream job, but it's something I love to do. It sounds boring, right? Well, let’s move on.

I’m walking to down the street. There are so many people who live here. I don’t really know who they are, but they are so nice. Including that one guy from the cafe that is not far away from my place.

It’s now my habit to buy some hot coffee in the morning. You know, he’s always there every morning. That person is Jimin, with his lovely eye smile. And right now, I’m right in front of him, trying to choose my coffee.

“Good morning, Yera-ssi,” he smiled. . I love that smile.

While trying to calm myself, I replied his greeting with a smile. “Morning, Jimin-ssi. I'd love to have Americano, please.”

Well, I love bitter coffee. Maybe it's because my life is bitter? No, I’m just kidding. Too much sweetness makes me feel uncomfortable.

I've lived in this area for one year. At first, there was no cafe. This cafe, which was opened by Jimin, was built two months ago. I was actually randomly buying a cup of coffee in the morning when I saw him. I didn’t really care about him at first, but he kept showing his face every morning when I came. Without me realizing, I suddenly want to see his face every time. The smile he gives everyday is drawing me in.

I’m already 24 years old, and now I’m having a crush on someone. Should I not get a boyfriend instead? But, there is no way that he would like me. Because it's been two months and nothing still happens between us.

I just know his name and his job. And one thing for sure, I know those things from other people, not from himself. Funny, isn’t it? I’m shy, you know! I can’t bluntly ask him anything. He’s just too far away from me. This successful good looking guy won’t be with a mathematics teacher like me. I’m full of formulas myself. Okay, stop talking about me. I need to pay the Americano and then leave.

“Thank you.”

I pay the coffee and walk out from the cafe to the school I'm teaching. I don’t have any vehicle as I’m saving more money. Most of my co-workers went to school by car though, but nevertheless, I love going to work by bus.

Oh yes, I forgot to tell you guys. The school where I work in is a famous school. Have you heard about Heonlim High School? It was really hard to get the job as a teacher. There were so many good teachers, but I was lucky enough to be it. They said it was hard for to get accepted in this school. They also said that almost every student from Heonlim would get accepted to Seoul University. Not only are there smart students, but there are a lot of rich students. And here I am, just really so-so teacher, who loves to teach mathematics. It's fun.

 

And again, there are so many cars already in front of the school. I guess some new students already come. Some looks excited, but some don’t. But anyways, I’m excited to see my new students later. I should make a good first impression.

I walk to my office and see some of my students. I acknowledge them with a nod as they greet me. I’m actually quite popular as a math teacher. They said that I was a legendary math teacher. I was kinda surprised to hear that nickname at first. They gave me that nickname because there was no questions that I couldn’t answer. This school is full of smart students. I can’t lose to them, because if I do, I’ll lose not only my reputation but my job as well.

 

“Yera-ssem! Get that kid there!” someone screams behind me. I am startled of course. I turn around and someone suddenly runs past me.

“What the...”

He’s moving so fast that I just stare dumbly at the boy who runs away.

“, that student!” That someone who screamed earlier curses. And I just realize that he is teacher Kim.

“Who is it? It’s still the first day of school and he's already causing trouble?” I asked.

Teacher Kim tries to catch his breath and says, "He's a new student and he was totally late for the ceremony."

“Well, he is doomed,” I say as I watch the student's retreating figure. Oh, I forgot to tell you again. This school has strict rules.

"I'm sure he is," Teacher Kim says before going.

———

                The school ceremony has just started. Everything was fine until something incredible happened. I just can't miss this. I almost die from boredom because of this ceremony.

                “And next is the speech from one of new students, Jeon Jungkook-ssi.”

                If you get your name called in this ceremony, it means you got the first place in the school entrance test. This kid has got some nerves, I see. He doesn't come out from the backstage but instead, he comes from the front and brings some people who run after him.

               The principal looks at the new boy sternly and says,  “Who say you can ent--”

                He interrupts the principal and screams, "I'm sorry for coming late. I'm Jeon Jungkook and I'm going to give my speech. Thank you." Wow, I can't believe this Jungkook boy. Everyone is literally looking at him questioningly. Looking at their reactions, that boy just stupidly smiles.

                He’s indeed interesting. I can see the teachers' shocked faces. Who would believe if the smartest student in this school will be this boy? I can’t believe it either. That boy who ran away from Teacher Kim earlier? He is totally a lead character here in this school. He's even shining brighter than my life. Good luck, kid. Your war has just started.

                “Thank you for giving me chance to speak in front of you. It’s so nice to get accepted in this school. I’m going to do my best,” He finishes his speech with a smile. Everyone thinks he is done as they begin whispering toward each other, but then he continues, “Just kidding. We are rivals, aren’t we? Don’t forget that because I will maintain my place as the first. It’s nice to meet you all. Thank you.” And then he smirks.

                This kid is full of surprise, isn’t he?

                ———

                It’s already the end of the day, and I’m on my way home. Another day has passed, again. My life always has that routine. It’s kinda boring, sad even! I really wish something good happen. Maybe with Jimin? Hah, I wonder. Will he be in his cafe tonight? I know he won’t be there. I've never seen him when I came home. Maybe I could visit his house? I kinda know where his house is. Wait, I’m not a stalker! His house is the biggest one here! Who in this district doesn't know where his house is? Exactly, no one! And they also know he lives alone.

                He is... Hmm. He might, right? I've never seen him with a girl before. People sometimes told me about that stuff, so I'm not sure myself. Besides, doesn't it feel lonely to live in such a big house alone?

                I am walking past the cafe when I hear someone call my name. "Yera-ssi!" I think I know that voice. Is it Jimin?! Taking a deep breath, I turn around and see him with his usual eyesmile. But something is off though, his smile is brighter than usual. Why does he look very happy? Is it because he saw me?!

                I smile and greet him, “Hi, Jimin-ssi. Can I help you?”

                “Actually, I don’t know if I can ask you this,” he says as he scratches the back of his neck, hesitating. What is it? What is it? Tell me! My fangirling side appears.

                No way. I need to stay calm. Something like this has ever happened before. He’s like this to everyone. He’s kind. Yes, he is. That’s why nothing is happening between us, even though I already helped him sometimes. I wonder if there are a lot of girls that already confessed to him. Imagine if I'm the one who confesses to him. Oh my God, it's super weird. I could already imagine Jimin's uncomfortable face. There’s no way that I’m going to confess to him!

                He is still hesitating even after I exploded my inner fangirl self in my mind. “Err, Jimin-ssi? I’m waiting," I say as I smile uneasily at him.

                He awkwardly laughed and finally tells me what he is about to tell me. “I’m trying a new menu.”

                Ah. I know this is coming. What else will he ask me? Going on a date? Pssh. Never. Well, I'm not going to reject his offer, even though I am actually asking for more interaction from him rather than this stupid question that he always asks me. I love what he makes. He’s a perfect man. One thing that he only lacks, it’s a girlfriend. And I volunteer for that position.

                As he leads me to his cafe, I can see a beautiful girl sitting on a table near the cashier. I sense something fishy here. What? Am I just some supporting character here? So, what is the new menu he was talking about before? He looked very excited. Whatever, I’ll try to join this as cheerfully as possible. 

                “So, you are trying a new menu, right?” I ask.

                He smiles and says, “Yep, and she’s the one who made this. For me, it’s good. I kinda wonder what other people think.” He gives me a chocolate colored drink and asks me to try it.

                Okay, other people, huh. That’s me. I smile forcefully to the girl. . She’s totally beautiful. Please don’t tell me. Okay, no need to tell me now. I’ll just try to drink the ing thing she made. The drink is kinda pretty actually. There are some bubbles at the bottom. After checking it out, I drink some. Wow..., even though I hate to admit it, I like it. It reminds me of my hometown. It feels very nostalgic. Where do I ever try this kind of drink?

                “So, what do you think?” He asks me bright eyes.

                “It feels nostalgic, kinda reminds me of my hometown," I answers, wiping my mouth with a tissue.

                He looks happier with my answer. “That’s what I felt too. You are awesome, Moon-ah.” He gives the beautiful girl a thumbs up and I just stand there acting like the ceiling is very interesting to see.

                They sound so close to each other. He must have known her for long. And, by the way she looks at Jimin, she totally falls for him. Right, right. A good looking guy will fall for a good looking girl too. I secretly sigh.

                Maybe, it’s time to look for another new crush.

                Wait, I promised myself to do it serious this time. But, I should understand the situation. Jimin somehow just says thanks to me, and then leaves with that girl. I already got rejected, right? Let’s just say that I’m helping my neighbor. I’m a good person. Yeah.

I choose to walk away from cafe too. I don’t have any intention to follow them. But something makes me curious. Do they go to Jimin’s house? But, I've never seen him go home with other people though.

                What is it? Why am I now standing in front of his house? Park Jimin. Park Jimin. I actually really like you. I just can’t make any topic when I meet you. I try my best to look cool. You always manage to make me faint when I see you. You are too cute to resist. Okay, why do I keep talking to myself like this in front of his house?

                “Please notice me too, you stupid, Jimin!” I punch his fence.

                “Who is stupid, Yera-ssi?”

                HOLY . That’s his voice, isn’t it? What kind of stupid situation is this? I should make of something to say, before this place becomes more awkward. I laugh forcefully and lie stupidly, “This fence, it looks stupid, because of its color. Haha...” I want to run away and bury myself into a hole right now. His face is totally judging me. I smile awkwardly and try to walk away.

                "Well, me too, Yera-ssi," that stops me from walking away.

                Shocked and confused, I turn around to face him. “Excuse me?” Does he think that his fence look stupid too? Hmm.

                He smiles with that stupid eyesmile which gets me flapping every time and says, “I want you to notice me too.”

                I think my ovaries just exploded from happiness.

                WHAT THE HELL, PARK JIMIN?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s note:

                I can’t believe it. I actually update this so fast.
You guys must be surprise to see Jungkook here.
Relax; he’s not going to be the second male lead. Of course,
he’s too young for Yera. But, we don’t know Jimin’s age too though. LOL.
I hope you guys enjoy this story. Don’t forget to give some comment.
I’m going to have my last test tomorrow. LOL.
Good luck to me.