paper bird dreams

C L E M E N T I N E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"In this dream, I put my mouth on your mouth and try to catch all of that happiness with my tongue. We play soft music that sounds like sighing and I breathe like a paper bird rustling against your tongue."

 

 

October 10th, 2015

 

A steadfast hand slams against the library desk Doyoung's studying on, loud enough to garner the concern of nearby students. And yet, as soon as they recognize the person that caused the noise, everyone reverses their interest. Except for Doyoung, a mouse caught in a cat's trap. And for once, he is not opposed to having been cornered.

 

Flaunting a dubious grin, Doyoung's gaze crawls upwards to meet that of his captor. As usual, he's taken good care of his appearance and there's not a single flaw to be pointed out. He looks great even though he's traded out his usual black leather jacket for a loose cardigan; his not-so-humble abs pushing against his tight shirt.

 

As an old, insecure habit — Doyoung's gaze trails down to his own attire; jeans and a big sweater, dangling from his gaunt shoulders down to where it pools around his waist. He's lost count of the times he's curled up the collars, only for them to plummet straight back to past his fingers as soon as he moves a muscle. He can't stop wearing these same clothes though. Even as he recieves some disdainful glares for his fashion sense on sunnier days. 

 

Jaehyun removes his lollipop for a quick second, offering a husky, "good morning, darling."

 

"Good morning, sir," Doyoung replies, unsure of what else to say. "Um, did you need something from me?"

 

"Good question, darling. Do I need something from you, I wonder?" he muses. 

 

Doyoung keeps up his manners with a smile, discreetly reaching to pinch his leg under the table as a reminder that this is his teacher, not some random hot guy on the street — he's got to control his hormones! But it's so easy forget; Doyoung's persuaded no stranger outside campus would ever be able to guess Jaehyun's profession. From head to toe, his visuals scream ulzzang. 

 

As the pregnant pause drags on, the more Doyoung begins to expect an arrogant, witty reply such as 'You know what? What I need is you' but it never comes.

 

"You look scared," Jaehyun notes, a couple of moments into the silence, "I didn't mean to scare you."

 

Doyoung swallows. "You didn't."

 

"I did." Jaehyun persists, already hushed voice dropping to a lusty whisper that leaves Doyoung clinging to each word. "And you're in no position do deny it either. Just look at you, dear. You're shuddering like a trapped little red riding hood about to be devoured by the big bad wolf."

 

Gulp.

 

"Am I really that terrifying?"

 

"You're not," Doyoung denies, "and I'm not scared."

 

Just, maybe.

 

"You are, but I can see this conversation is bound to end up in nowhereman's land. I'll be the mature one and end it here." Jaehyun slides a pastel-coloured note across the table. It stops once its corners have tapped against Doyoung's notebook. "Study hard, Doyoung." 

 

From the corner of his broad eyes, head tilted down to glare at his trembling thighs, Doyoung watches as his professor turns around and leaves. He reaches a shaking hand out to pick up the note. He guides it closer to his face, eager but also scared to the bones to read its content.

 

It's a delighftul surprise. On the paper, only one simple yet oh-so-lovely sentence is scribbled.

 

Has anyone ever told you Summer lives in your eyes?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

June 27th, 2015

 

Seoul Boy can see the Summer in Doyoung’s eyes, so he whispers over and over as his gentle breaths skims along Doyoung's ivory neck. He loves that sentence because it always gets Doyoung hot in just a few seconds. They never screw though. Seoul Boy just torments him, hands dancing over every corner of Doyoung’s body except where he needs him most. Once Doyoung’s a wheezing mess, cheeks aflame and body aquiver — he ends the cruel game, murmuring that they can continue next time.

 

The next time comes again and again but the game always ends before the best part.

 

Doyoung’s stated several times that despite his lack of long-lasting experiences, he’s no . Seoul Boy isn't going to be stealing his sweet innocence that he's been trying to protect for the past years or anything. But Seoul Boy just laughs and nods. "Okay, good to know" or something along the lines of that is how he responds. 

 

He can see the sunrise, the daisies, the pale doves — so he always says, and he says that he can see eternal pastures, sylphen lakes, droplets of aqua hanging from damp leaves. But as for Doyoung, he can see only black in Seoul Boy’s mysterious eyes. Black stars, black skies, black clouds; secrets upon secrets of secrets and more secrets. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter