Pop Goes The Weasel

Overwatch

“Where’s Hakyeon?” Wonsik asked, looking around for his friend’s husband.

With everything going on lately, the pair had become inseparable. Hakyeon needed the constant support that Sanghyuk provided simply by being there. And Hakyeon needed that support with how the media was dragging his name through the mud. Sure, all of Overwatch was getting on, but it was worse the higher up you went in the group. The three founders and Hakyeon were the main targets for every insult and threat.

“He’s taking a few minutes of silence in his office,” Sanghyuk sighed, “he just needed a moment.”

“He knows we don’t blame him, right?” Wonsik asked, “What the Black Ops units may or may not be doing isn’t his fault.”

“I’ve told him that,” Sanghyuk replied, “but you know Hakyeon. He sees it as his fault. He….he thinks that if he was a better leader…..”

“This still would be happening,” Wonsik insisted, “to be honest though……I think I prefer his reaction to Taekwoon’s.”

“He’s still not talking?” Sanghyuk frowned.

“He’s spoken a word or two,” Wonsik glared at the ground, “but it was in anger and while he was throwing things.”

“Oh .”

“It was right after that report about what happened in India,” Wonsik said, “the news station he was watching…..what they said…..it set him off.”

“I need to find that station,” Sanghyuk hissed, “block any videos of it from Hakyeon’s computer and phone. If it set Taekwoon off like that, then--.”

“Shh,” Wonsik suddenly cut Sanghyuk off, looking around madly, “do you hear something?”

“No,” Sanghyuk frowned, “why? What do you hear?”

“Something isn’t right,” Wonsik growled.

Before Sanghyuk could respond, something exploded and the pair dropped, trying to shield themselves from whatever was going on.

 

--

 

3 minutes prior

Hakyeon sat in his office, just looking at the medals hanging on the wall. He could still remember how proud he’d felt when the presidents and prime ministers of the different countries around the world had given them to him. At the time, they’d represented not just Overwatch’s success, but Hakyeon success as a leader. Those medals had wiped away any doubt Hakyeon had ever had in himself. Those medals represented his place in the world, his passion for helping people.

Now they were mocking him and everything he stood for. Or thought he stood for anyway.

“I need Sanghyuk,” Hakyeon moaned, wishing that he hadn’t told his husband to leave him for a minute. He thought he needed some time alone, but all he wanted was his lover to hold him.

Hakyeon got up left his office, looking for Sanghyuk. Maybe he could talk the other man into going to their off-base apartment for the night. Maybe being away from work would make him feel better.

Hakyeon had just closed the door when the bomb in his office went off, sending him flying.

Hakyeon was out cold before he hit the ground.

 

--

 

5 minutes after

“What the hell?” Taekwoon growled, throwing open his door after hearing the commotion outside.

“Taekwoon!” Hongbin paused in his running to grab the older man’s arm, “oh thank god you’re ok.”

“What happened?” Taekwoon asked, suddenly feeling very scared.

“I don’t know,” Hongbin replied, “but we think that a bomb went off. Maybe more then one. We don’t know much, we’re just…..we’re trying to find everyone.”

“Wonsik!” Taekwoon yelled, looking around for his boyfriend, “is he with you?”

“He’s getting patched up,” Hongbin explained, glancing about nervously, “he’s got some cuts and bruises, but it’s nothing too serious. Sanghyuk got a little more banged up. I had to give him some stitches and pain killers.” Taekwoon breathed a sigh of relief, happy to hear that his boyfriend and best friend’s husband were alright.

But…..

“Hakyeon?” Taekwoon panicked, realizing that Hongbin hadn’t mentioned his friend’s name, “where is Hakyeon?”

“We’re looking for him,” Hongbin said, “I’m gathering a search party to look right now. You in?”

Taekwoon nodded and the pair went to gather a couple more volunteers before going to find their leader.

A/N: this isn’t exactly how I pictured this one going, but overall it’s pretty good.