Extra #6 Might Be Falling In Love

Overwatch

When Felix turned thirteen, he started begging his dad’s to let him go to regular school. All of the Overwatch children had a special, on base school. Even kids like Woojin who didn’t live on base went to it. Felix had enjoyed it for a while, but at thirteen he really wanted to go to regular school. He wanted to experience all the things he’d only seen on TV, wanted to make friends that weren’t Overwatch children. His dads had eventually agreed and Felix had been over the moon even if his friends weren’t.

Woojin had tried to be understanding, but he could tell at the other was upset. Jisung didn’t even try to hide his feelings, sulking and ignoring Felix for about a week straight. Seungmin and Jeongin had asked him over and over if he was sure. Minho had probably taken the news the best. Or maybe he just hid his feelings better than anyone.

His first day of school, he’d met Changbin. The other had been tasked with showing Felix around, helping his adjust. The pair had been instant friends. Changbin knew who was Felix was, who his fathers were, but it didn’t matter to him. He liked Felix for who he was and that…..that was something Felix had rarely experienced outside of Overwatch. Like, there’s was Chan, Woojin’s friend, and Hyunjin from his dance class, but other than that…..

The majority of the school acted exactly how Felix had sadly expected. Most of them only saw him as the son of two great Overwatch members. He lost count of how many people had told him that he was gonna be a great hero, like it was already decided that he would follow in his dads’ footsteps. Sure, that was exactly what he was gonna do, but……but it was his choice! His dads had made sure he knew that he had options, so picking Overwatch was one hundred percent what he wanted. He hated people who just assumed that was the only thing he was good for.

Some of them…….they seemed to hate him. It was like they thought it was some…..some selfish prick or something. They looked at him and saw someone who needed to be put in his place and they set out to do exactly that. It never got bad enough for Felix to tell his parents, but they did make him cry a couple of times with their childish stunts. Thankfully Changbin was there, trying to protect him and standing up against the bullies. That was probably when Felix started falling in love with his friend.

They didn’t start to date for a couple more years though. Felix could still remember when Changbin had asked him out. It had been his sixteenth birthday and his dads had insisted on throwing a big party at headquarters. At some point Jisung’s dads had gotten involved since his birthday was just the day before, turning the whole thing into an even bigger event. Jisung and Felix had let their families do as they wished, but both agreed that they would have preferred something smaller, simpler.

At some point during the party, Changbin had pulled Felix away from the crowd with the claim that he had something important to tell the other. That something had turned out to be a confession, one that was quickly echoed by Felix’s own words of confession. They’d started dating after that. Felix was so happy and in love and even if things ended he knew he would never regret loving Changbin.

Changbin had broken up with him eight months after starting college.

Felix had joined Overwatch as he’d always planned, going on missions all over the world. Changbin had gone to a college far away from Overwatch HQ, following his dream of being a song writer. They’d tried really hard to keep their relationship alive, but eventually the struggles of a long-distance relationship had gotten to them. They’d both known for a couple of months that things weren’t working, but they loved each other and didn’t want to admit that the end had come. Felix felt horrible about making Changbin be the one to end things, about hanging onto denial for so long.

The pair went back to being friends, still talking whenever they could, and eventually Felix moved on.

Now, who he had moved on to…..that was the question.

He’d known Woojin for all his life, viewed the other as one of his closest friends. He could always count on the other for support and comfort. When he and Changbin had broken up, he’d gone to Woojin for comfort. Woojin was just…..he was always there, always looking after him. And Felix had always assumed that he loved him like a brother. But then Jisung told him that Woojin had been in love with him for years.

The best friends had been talking about relationships; specifically Jisung’s recently started relationship with Minho. The pair were joking about how they were gonna be family someday one moment and the next Jisung was admitting that he’d had a massive crush on Felix back when they were kids. That had led to Jisung accidently spilling the beans on Woojin’s feelings. Felix took a long, hard look at their relationship after that, trying to figure out how he hadn’t known about Woojin’s feelings.

At some point, he started questioning his own feelings. He’d always thought that he saw Woojin as a brother, as family. But now……now he didn’t know any it was kind of driving him crazy.

A/N: don’t know why, but it was really hard to word things in the last couple lines. Like, I don’t know if my brain just went dumb or something, but it was so hard to get the words out.