Does he like me?

I'm your robot boyfriend!

 

Sunghyun’s POV

I pull away from his grip and run into my room. I close the door and fall to the ground. I can’t believe that Sungyeol, who I thought was brother, wasn’t.

Sungyeol knocks on the door but I don’t do anything. I just sit lifelessly on the floor. I hear him sigh and say, “I’m sorry I couldn’t tell you this before. I know it’s shocking for you. If it makes things easier… you can forget what I said.”

I hear him walk away and for a second, I regain my senses. I know I’m hurt but what about him? He’s been keeping this secret by himself… it must have been a burden for him. I wipe the tears in my eyes and get up.  I slowly walk to my bed and sit there.

Just because he isn’t my brother anymore doesn’t mean anything has changed about him. Sungyeol is still Sungyeol. He has always been there for me, always protecting me… So why am I reacting like this? The only thing that has changed is that he’s not my brother, nothing else.

I lie down on the bed and sigh. The reason I’m acting like this is because he likes me, not as a sister but as a girl… It’s hard for me to think that he could actually like me like that. I can only think of him as my brother even if he told me we’re not related.

I sink into my bed to sleep. I’ll tell him I’m sorry tomorrow. I must have hurt his feelings.

 

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock. I hurriedly rush out of my room so that I can apologize to Sungyeol. Just as I was about to run out of my room, I crashed into Sungyeol. I flew backwards but Sungyeol caught me before I fell to the ground.

He stares into my eyes and asked, “Are you okay?” I blush and nod my head. I slowly push myself away from him. I mentally slap myself. Didn’t I say I would react normally?

I see a flash of disappointment in his eyes and pang of guilt hit me. I look at Sungyeol and say, “I’m sorry for how I reacted yesterday… I won’t forget it, but I’ll still treat you like my brother.”

He looks at me and smiles. He walks closer to me and hugs me. I calm myself down. He’s just my brother, he’s just my brother... I kept repeating that until he let go.

I sigh in relief as he let go and left my room. What am I going to do?! I shouldn't be acting like this...

I quickly throw on my uniform and walk out of my room.

Sungyeol was still there. Shouldn’t he leave? Sungjong will be coming soon. Sungyeol saw my look of confusion and stated, “We’re ‘dating’ remember. Sungjong will just think that you let me in since I got here early.” I just nod my head at his reasonable explanation and walk into the kitchen to eat some toast.

Just as I finish my last piece of toast, I hear the doorbell ring. I walked out and see Sungyeol opening the door. Sungjong stared in shock as Sungyeol stands before him. He looks at me and yells, “Why is he here?! Don’t let strangers into your house!”  

“Sungjong, I’m not a stranger! I’m dating her so-” He was cut off when Sungjong pushed passed him. He grabbed me and my bag and stopped out of the house.

“Sungjong! Let go of me, you’re hurting my arm.” I said wincing in pain. Sungjong let go off me and had an apologetic expression on his face.

“Sorry, but you really shouldn’t have strangers in your house. He’s suspicious and I suggest you don’t hang around him.” He said while slowing down his pace to match mine.

“But, he and I are friends.” He shakes his head. “That’s how he wants you to think. Don’t let down your guard around him. He’s just like the rest of Infinite.”

“He’s different though.” I badly wanted to yell out that Sungyeol wasn’t like the rest of Infinite. I’ve been living with him my whole life. I know how he acts.

“No, he’s not. Just trust me. Something’s fishy about him…” I just slap him on the back and stick out my tongue. He looks at me and laughs.

On our way to school I saw Myungsoo. I instantly blush as I see him. Sungjong notices and I see he has a sly smile on his face. He elbows me and calls out to Myungsoo.

“Myungsoo! Walk her to school for me. I have to go get something.” He winks at me and leaves. I stand there staring at Sungjong. I don’t know if I should be happy or angry that Sungjong gave me this chance. I’m happy I’m walking with Myungsoo, but it’s still pretty awkward between, especially since I’ve realized my feeling for him.

He pokes my back and I turn towards him. He scratches the back of his neck and says, “We’re going to be late if you just stand there.” I nod my head and start walking behind him.

During our walk to school, we didn’t even talk to each other. I avoided looking at him and instead just stared at the ground.

Once we entered the school’s ground, girls flocked towards Myungsoo and I ended up being pushed away. He probably has the most popularity out of Infinite. I sigh. Does he even like me? I mean look at all those girls that are near him. I can’t even compare to them.

I drag my feet to my class convincing myself that Myungsoo would never choose me. Why am I even thinking like this? I notice Sungjong was sitting at his desk. He sees me and started bombarding me with questions, “So, how was your walk? Was it nice? Did he say anything?”

I rapidly shake my head, “Nothing happened. We didn’t even talk!” He gives me a funny look.

“You like him right?” My face turned a bright red. He bursts out laughing. I quietly shush him while avoiding the curious glances thrown in our direction.

“How do you know?” I hiss. He wipes a tear from his eyes, “It’s so obvious! When you saw him, you blushed. You never react like that!” I pout as he silently laughs.

“Myungsoo is going to be so happy!” I look over at him in confusion, “What are you talking about? Why would Myungsoo be happy?” He looks at me in shock.

“Myungsoo likes you.” He says bluntly. I shake my head, “Didn’t he say he was only toying with me?”

Sungjong smacks his face. He was about to say something but the squealing girls that were entering class interrupted him. Myungsoo was in the middle of their circle and gave them a fake smile. They all squealed again and soon they all left to their own classrooms.

I notice the petite girl from yesterday was one of the last people to leave. She was staring in my direction before she left.

Sungjong pointed towards her direction, “Do you know her?” I shake my head. I don’t even know her name.

“She’s Seok Minhee. Haven’t you at least heard of her?” I shake my head again. I don’t remember having any classes with her.

Sungjong sighs, “She’s been known to date Kingkas.” I just nod my head. So what if she dated Kingkas?

He looks at me and sees that I still don’t get what he’s trying to get across.

“She’s dated Kingkas. All of them. Including me.” Oh, I didn’t know Sungjong dated her. Now that I think about she was very pretty. He shakes my shoulder. “Don’t you get it? She has tricks up her sleeves. She's very sly and if you don’t date Myungsoo soon, you’ll lose him. Maybe even for good.”