Overcoming Hurdles

Why Min Yoongi No Longer Hesitates To Apologise First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Seokjin found himself parking his car outside the café he had arranged to meet Namjoon at. 

His own choice of words made him frown because 'arranging to meet' made it sound more like a business meet than a..

A friendly meet up. 

A date? His subconscious mind suggested and he shook it off, albeit with some difficulty. 

Namjoon hadn't said it was a date but.. 

He sighed and glanced at his reflection in the rear view mirror. 

Why would you try to look so good if it was a 'friendly meet up'? His conscience teased. 

He had certainly taken efforts, there was no denying that. His hair had been styled till he had deemed it to be nearly perfect, his teeth had been brushed, flossed and looked after as if he was a dentist with an appearance to uphold, his eyes had been embellished with more than a hint of eyeliner and his clothes had been picked carefully. 

All in all he looked impeccable, right down to his little toe. 

Jin almost banged his head on the wheel. 

He hadn't been on a date in two whole years. 

The last time he had actually kissed someone.. 

Let's not even think about that.

Who said you're going to kiss Namjoon, Seokjin? Don't be a fool_ this is not a date! 

Kissing Namjoon sounded like a good_

Kim. Seokjin. Focus.

He breathed out slowly and tried to calm his racing heart before getting out of his car and locking the door. 

He hoped he hadn't dressed up too much because that would be awful.

He was thrown off guard when he nearly walked into someone.

And that someone just happened to be his date. 

Friend. 

Whatever. 

"N-Namjoon!" Jin heard himself stutter out in surprise. 

The younger male smiled his disarming smile and for a moment, Jin felt completely weak in the knees. 

He looked even better today, with his hair ily falling into his eyes and his tight fitting clothes accentuating his lean frame.

"Good to see you, Jin hyung." Namjoon said amiably and gestured for Jin to begin walking first. 

Jin gulped and smiled slightly before starting to walk.

Date, it’s a date.

What do I do?  

Namjoon breathed out an inaudible sigh of relief and nearly choked on his saliva when his gaze fell to the older man's perfect behind, made to look even better in tight fitting jeans. 

, Namjoon. Get a hold of yourself! 

Namjoon gulped himself and hoped that he could maintain his calm, confident facade for the duration of their date. 

It was a date as far as he was considered.

He caught up to Jin and glanced at him from the corner of his eye. 

Don't be too cute, he thought with a smile. 

Jin was internally hyperventilating the same way Jimin had been in the car. 

What do I say? What if I make things awkward?! What if he thinks I'm weird? 

He noticed Namjoon smiling at him and exhaled softly. 

Calm down, Jin. Namjoon is a nice guy. Just focus on trying to get along with him. 

 

“Hyung I don’t get you.” Jimin said. “Why are we even talking about this? I.. I got my bag to take clothes_”

Yoongi cut off Jimin's words by finally opening the door and stepping out. He crossed his arms over his chest and glared at his boyfr_ his ex who was staring at him with wide eyes. 

Jimin jumped back even further as he stared at him and Yoongi momentarily swallowed the urge to run. 

God, Jimin already looks disgusted, he thought, biting his lower lip and blinking back the threatening tears. 

“So yeah. I’m a woman now.” He said finally. 

Jimin blinked at him thrice. 

“H-hyung?” Jimin exclaimed, sounding utterly terrified. 

Yoongi couldn't do much more than stare. Jimin's eyes fell to his s and down to his hips and suddenly, he fainted.

"Jimin!" Yoongi squeaked out in shock. He caught him before he could hit the ground and stared at his heavy, unconscious form in his arms. 

Yoongi lowered him to the floor before grabbing his phone in a hurry. 

Since didn't have a whole lot of knowledge on first aid, he turned to Google for help. 

He will be fine, he assured himself.

Two minutes later, he had taken Jimin to their bedroom with great difficulty (arising from that fact that the little strength he used to have had deserted him), laid him down on their bed and loosened his clothes with a blush on his face. 

He had also opened the windows and had then resorted to staring at his boyfriend_ ex boyfriend. 

His reaction wasn't surprising but it hurt nonetheless. 

He supposed anyone would have fainted if their partner suddenly looked like the opposite . 

Except Yoongi didn't just look like it.

He was a woman now. 

It was at times like these that his mind and body reminded him just how much of an effect Jimin truly had on him. 

His heart was racing just from staring at him. 

And after so long, he thought longingly. Jimin looked so_ so lovable like this. 

He wanted to do something cheesy like comb his fingers through his hair and press feather light kisses to his head. 

In fact, he would have done it had they still been together. 

But you no longer want us to be together, right Jimin? 

It was a knife to his heart, knowing that Jimin had given up on him after his constant ability to disappoint. 

The pounding of his heart was now as painful as the pain in his lower back. 

The longer he looked at Jimin, the more he was tempted to smash his lips on his in the hopes of waking him up. Everything about Jimin screamed tempting and Yoongi knew it. 

He had seen the way the girls in coffee shops watched his boyfriend, their vulgar eyes observing Jimin like he was ice cream on a hot summer day. 

He had seen the looks men had given him too and remembered how the one time they had gone to a club, some er had started to grind against Jimin and beg him to let Jimin allow him to  his abs. 

He sighed at the memory of the fight that had followed soon after and the make up after it. 

How the hell was Yoongi going to_ 

Oh my god. 

He stared at Jimin with wide eyes.

Was he doomed to this kind of a ual life, now?!

To his surprise Jimin suddenly stirred and opened his eyes. 

He started to get up at once so Yoongi forced him back and forced himself to forget his previous thoughts. 

"Lie down for some time." Yoongi advised in accordance to what Google had supplied to him. 

Jimin started hyperventilating as he stared at the new, suddenly female Yoongi who was standing over him with her_ his_ hair tucked behind his ears.  

, , . Jimin thought. 

Yoongi swallowed the bitter taste in his mouth and sat down, making sure to keep a large distance between him and Jimin. 

"This is a prank, right?" Jimin asked after a moment, sitting up in spite of Yoongi's protests. 

"Are those apples? Oranges? Bread? Why won't you answer me!" Jimin demanded. 

Yoongi turned away, not sure how to answer. 

"Hyung?" Jimin sounded desperate and vulnerable. 

Yoongi could have laughed at the word. 

Hyung. 

"They're not real, right? It can't be what I'm thinking! You're angry with me, is that it? Do you want me to apologise? Just tell me the truth! This is a joke, right, hyung?" Jimin asked. 

To Yoongi's utter shock, suddenly Jimin reached out and cupped his left . 

Yoongi's eyes widened in shock and his mouth fell open at the sudden warmth that seeped in through the clothes and he looked down at Jimin's hand which was cupping him. 

Jimin looked even more shocked than he was and that was saying something. 

They're real. They're ing real, Jimin thought in horror.

"Holy ing ." He swore, snatching his hand back as if he had been burned, his chest rising and falling rapidly and his lips parted. 

, that was soft. He thought and shook his head to clear the senseless thought.

Yoongi tried to gather his thoughts as he blinked at the place where Jimin's hand had been.

.

"JIMIN YOU STUPID ERT." He yelled suddenly, throwing a pillow at Jimin's face and starting to run out. 

His face was as red as cherries and the regret over not owning a bra increased tenfold. 

He also had a strange feeling between his legs which he wasn't going to stop and think about. 

"Hyung_ , wait!" Jimin exclaimed following him out. 

Yoongi was curled up on the couch, suddenly feeling terribly shy. 

Jimin was seriously puzzled because not only was Yoongi acting ten times cuter than usual, he was also being shy. 

"How can you just grab me?" Yoongi squealed, hugging himself tighter and glaring at Jimin through the hair that came over his eyes. 

Jimin flushed and raised his hands in defence. "I swear I wasn't being a ert! I was just_"

"_JUST WHAT?!" Yoongi interrupted, hating himself for overreacting but not being able get over the fact that Jimin had just touched him some place he himself was afraid to touch.

Yoongi grabbed a pillow and hid his face behind it.

Why was he feeling like this?

Jimin quickly got down on his knees in front of the couch and fought his blush. 

Yoongi immediately moved so he was further away from Jimin. 

"Don't be angry, hyung! I just.. This is too much for me to take in! I didn't mean to startle you." Jimin pleaded and Yoongi slowly lifted his head. 

Yoongi bit his lower lip and stared at the ground for some time. 

"It's shocking for me too." He said finally, not quite able to look into Jimin's intense chocolate brown eyes. 

"Did you.. Do this because of me?" Jimin asked with a gulp and Yoongi blinked at him in confusion. 

Do what? 

"No_ that was presumptuous.. How long have you known_ I can't believe I never realised.. Why didn't you tell us at least?" Jimin suddenly looked like he was going to cry. "I still can't believe this is true.." 

"I've known for less than 24 hours." Yoongi said confusedly. "How could I tell you? I was afraid." 

Jimin's expression went from shocked to aghast. 

"You took such a decision in less than twenty four hours?!" Jimin heard himself shout. 

He had stood up without knowing and was now staring at Yoongi like he was seeing him for the first time. 

"How are you even walking?! How are you_ oh my god. Are you hurting?" Jimin had pulled Yoongi off the couch as if he was a rag doll and was now staring at him with concerned filled eyes. 

"Jimin, I turned into a woman. Women don't hurt unnecessarily." Yoongi said, trying not to stare at Jimin’s lips, which were merely centimetres away from his own. 

"But- but the operation hurts, doesn't it? I.. I heard that it's hard to walk after.. And if it was done today, you should be in the hospital.. How can you even be out so fast?? Hyung, you're definitely not playing a prank on me? Did Taehyung put you up to this? God I am so unaware about this!" Jimin said, looking so desperate now that he was sure that if Yoongi was playing with him, he would admit it now. 

But for some reason, Yoongi was looking at him like he had gone insane. 

"What operation?" Yoongi asked with narrowed eyes. 

"Didn't you.. I mean.." Jimin trailed off, unsure how to say it. 

Yoongi's mouth fell open once he realised the direction of Jimin's thoughts. 

"No, no, no!" He yelled, falling back on the couch in his haste to explain. 

"I'm not_ I didn't_ OH MY ING GOD, JIMIN!" 

Jimin looked confounded.

"T-Then.. How are you a.. Like this? Didn't you get a s- change oper- operation..?" He stuttered out, resembling a lost puppy. 

ing, why??? 

How the do I explain myself now?! Yoongi groaned in despair. 

The gods must be laughing at me. 

 

 

 

"Jimin has been gone a long time." Taehyung worried aloud, staring at his phone and chewing on his lip. 

"He hasn't answered my phone either." Taehyung said and flopped down on the couch in frustration. 

"Tae." Jungkook said, rolling his eyes at his boyfriend. 

"How can they hear his phone ringing over his screams?" Jungkook asked and Taehyung looked at him in bewilderment.

"It's not like he's going to answer your phone in the middle of ." Jungkook said sarcastically and Taehyung blushed furiously. 

"Hya Jungkook!" Taehyung exclaimed as Jungkook grinned and went into the kitchen for a bottle of water shuddering at the puke worthy image in his head. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter