Extraordinary Solution

Why Min Yoongi No Longer Hesitates To Apologise First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi wasn’t one to waste his precious Saturdays rotting in the office but now that he was ‘officially single’ as Jungkook had put it (That brat actually had had the nerve to address him like that.) (So what if it was a text?! Since when did Yoongi hyung become ‘Officially Single hyung? -_-) he might as well sit in the studio and come up with a ty song than sit at home and stare at the TV, missing his ex boyfriend.

So that is how he found himself eating crappy work food for the seventh time that week.

“I really don’t like the crap they give us.” He complained to Namjoon, who for some reason looked really anxious. He also seemed jumpier than usual and had bags under his eyes.

He looked like he hadn’t slept properly.. He shouldn’t have wasted his Saturday unnecessarily.

“Yeah, I don’t like it either but you have to eat it, hyung. You already look like you’ve lost a lot of weight.” Namjoon said as he ate from his own plate.

Yoongi rolled his eyes on the outside but he was touched nonetheless.

Now that Jimin no longer cared, he was grateful for all the attention Jin hyung, Namjoon and Hoseok were giving him.

Namjoon did think that Yoongi hyung looked skinnier but he had an ulterior motive too. He glanced at Hoseok who was sitting with them again and raised his eyebrow as if to say “Nothing wrong will happen right?”

Hoseok nodded enthusiastically.

Noona may be a little scary but she has our best interests at heart.

Namjoon shuddered as he remembered the trip him and Hoseok had taken last night.

Flashback:

It was around one am and two boys were walking through the woods on the outskirts of the city with torches in their hands.

“Is_IS THAT A WOLF?!” Hoseok shrieked when he saw a four legged creature disappear behind a tree in the dim moonlight that reached the forest undergrowth and Namjoon refrained from hitting him for yelling when they were trying to be as discreet and quiet as possible.

Hoseok’s acquaintance, whom he referred to only as ‘noona’ lived in the heart of the woods in a shabby cottage that she claimed she had built herself with sorcery. Namjoon had been highly sceptical at first but Hoseok had insisted that this ‘noona’ would have a solution for Yoongi hyung.

Namjoon truthfully didn’t trust anything that seemed even vaguely fictional but Hoseok was very much into this stuff, despite being freaked out at some of the shadier parts of it.

“Hobi, shut up please. I have to say, your noona is freaky as hell, who the hell lives in a place like this! For all we know, there are all sorts of magicalcreatures in here just waiting to devour us. Be quiet and_ stop clutching me so tightly, will you? It’s getting hard to breathe!” Namjoon hissed and shook Hoseok off him.

“Noona isn’t freaky, Joon. She’s.. She is slightly scary but she’s nice.” Hoseok insisted, promptly taking Namjoon’s hand.

Namjoon sighed but let Hoseok hold his left hand as he searched for the cottage with a torch in his right hand.

Hoseok shrieked again when they heard a wolf howling at the moon, somewhere right behind him.

“W-what was that?” Hoseok stuttered, turning slowly.

Namjoon sighed and turned around as well and his torch light fell on a canine creature which was baring its teeth at them.

Somewhere beyond their line of sight, more wolves started howling.

“AAAAH IT’S GONNA EAT US!” Hoseok shrieked again as the dangerous looking creature started approaching them.

“HOBI, SHUT UP AND RUN!” Namjoon shouted and started sprinting in the opposite direction.

They ran blindly as they heard multiple creatures or multiple legged creatures running behind them and growling.

Twigs snapped and dry leaves cracked under the feet as they ran, kicking up dirt here and there and trying their best not to trip and put an end to their precious lives.

“Watch out, there’s a tree there!” Namjoon warned and pulled Hoseok aside in time.

The wolf/ wolves/ weird-magical-creatures growled and barked at them.

They only stopped running (after what seemed like ages) when the sound of chasing predators ceased.

“We_ we’re never coming here_ ag-again.” Namjoon panted, flashing his torch in all directions to make sure there were no other creatures lurking about.

Hoseok nodded in response and tried to catch his breath, clutching his sweat drenched shirt.  

He didn’t want to die at the hands of some magical creature of all things.

“What the hell is that?!” Namjoon exclaimed when he turned around and Hoseok looked up to see what seemed like a blanket of purple fog that existed only in the clearing in the forest in front of them.

Hoseok felt a scream die in his throat as the purple fog neared them ominously.

“Who goes there?!” A sharp voice called from the mist.

“Noona!” Hoseok exclaimed, relief flooding through him. “It’s me, Hoseok.”

A scoff was heard from the mist.

“I know it’s you, Hoseok. Only you can shriek so loudly at the mere sight of my guard dogs. Who is that cinnamon roll beside you is what I meant.”

 Namjoon’s mouth fell open.

“Pardon? Cinnamon roll?!” Namjoon scoffed in disbelief.

Hoseok urged him to shut up.

“You look like one. How old are you?” Noona demanded.

“That’s none of your business, thank you very much.” Namjoon replied derisively.

“I don’t like your friend, Hoseok. Perhaps he is better suited to be dinner for my dogs than to be your friend.” Noona said thoughtfully and Namjoon’s eyes widened as humongous, disfigured wolves stepped out of the mist, growling at him threateningly. Their eyes were a glowing red, their limbs looked twisted and bent at odd angles, their fur was dark and matted to their skin as if sticky and wet because of god knows what and their fangs were longer than most pocket knives.

“He’s a good friend, I swear_” Hoseok began in a high pitched voice.

“_ALRIGHT, I’M TWENTY ONE!” Namjoon exclaimed, started backing away from the ‘guard dogs’ and fell on his .

“Hmmm.” Noona muttered distastefully and suddenly the fog disappeared along with the dogs, leaving them standing in a clearing with a huge cottage in the centre.

Namjoon refrained from looking closely at the woman standing in front of them (without her mutilated guard dogs, thank the gods, anywhere in sight) lest she was as terrifying looking as them.

He only looked up when a woman kneeled before him and almost thanked the gods aloud when he saw that she looked normal.

At least in the dim moonlight.

“Bring him in.. He doesn’t look like he will be able to walk.” She commanded Hoseok, who looked in no better shape than him but hurried to oblige.

They found themselves sitting in two hard, uncomfortable chairs in a well lit kitchen and facing a woman who looked like she was in her late twenties.

Namjoon had been shocked when he had seen that she had scabs all over her skin but she had peeled them off when they had sat down and said that she used them to scare campers that got too close or too curious.

Who the is crazy enough to come close with those things guarding her?!

If Namjoon had been sceptical about magic and illusions, he wasn’t any longer. One look at the cottage had told him that there was no way this could be normal. The door had been about to close when they had got inside but one glance from noona and it stopped and_ he didn’t know how_ looked sheepish and apologetic.  

And if that wasn’t enough to convince anyone, one of the disfigured wolves which had appeared from nowhere, baring his teeth, had transformed into a Chihuahua in front of their eyes and their boots.

As for the witch, she was almost as tall as Namjoon and had blood red hair that fell to her waist. Her eyes were an amethyst colour (had to be contacts) and her eyelashes so long that Namjoon was sure they were fake.

She looked Korean and was speaking Korean but he had a suspicion that she wasn’t.

“So why did you come stumbling into my lair in the middle of the night? Don’t humans sleep at this time or whatever?” She questioned with a fixed gaze.

“We need your help noona.” Hoseok said.

“Why didn’t you just call me, haven’t I given you my cell phone number?” Noona asked Hoseok and his eyes widened in surprise.

Beside him, Namjoon turned and glared at Hoseok with a newfound intensity.

“Oh wait, I gave it to someone else.. Anyways, I have a phone now. Don’t bother coming here; I’m leaving the country as it is.” Noona said Hoseok breathed out in relief at not having dragged Namjoon here for no reason.

“Wait_ you speak to other people beside me?” Hoseok whined when he registered the whole answer and noona smiled at him fondly. “And what do you mean you’re leaving the country?!” Hoseok demanded.

Good riddance, Namjoon thought. Go terrorise other humans.

“Of course, I have other brothers too. I’m thinking of going to Russia for some time. And Cinnamon Roll.” She said, turning to Namjoon who jumped. “I’m not a mind reader but I can sense the direction of your thoughts. I don’t kill humans or anything.”

Namjoon scowled when she turned her back to him.

“I have a name and it’s not Cinnamon Roll or You.” He said indignantly, making the woman smile.

“Namjoon?” She asked and he nodded sullenly.

He wasn’t surprised she knew, she was a magician after all.

“Okay, what do you kids want?” She asked, turning back and raising her eyebrow at them.

“Namjoon will tell you.” Hoseok said at once.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter