CHAPTER 01: Saudade

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a rainy monday evening. I was finishing my powerpoint presentation for tomorrow's meeting. Because of the cold breeze, I decided to rest for a bit and seize the fine weather. Two things to complete the mood is a hot coffee and good 90's love songs. I opened my iTunes library and played it in shuffle. As I heard my favorite song play, I left my desk humming to the tunes of it. 

I walked to the kitchen counter and looked for an instant coffee but failed miserably. Going back to my desk empty handed, Christina Perri's A Thousand Years started playing. I heaved a deep sigh. Memories started to flash before me. The song made me think of Lu Han, my ex boyfriend. I clearly remember when it was also raining back then. He was really worried when I was not replying to his text messages. There was a thuderstorm and our electricity went off. I didnt get to charge my phone that's why I couldnt reply. When I got to open my phone, I received a hundred messages from him.

I smiled to myself reminiscing that good old time. And suddenly, I found myself searching his name on facebook. As soon as I saw his angelic face from his profile picture, I couldnt help but miss him. 

He looked much better now. He's got a nice haircut and good complexion. I can also see that he dresses much better now. 4 years ago, the Lu Han I know is goofy and childish who solely depends on me when it comes to fashion and skin care. Seeing how he became a man makes me tear up. Regrets wer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter