Finally - meeting for the first time

Romantic & Idol S3

“Oh my god! I can't believe we going to see the guys today!” Chaeyoung squealed enthusiastically. You had all gone to the salon the get hair and make up done before heading to your assigned meeting places.

 

You glanced at Jimin who was sitting next to you, also getting her make up done. Her expression was stiff, and you could see that her entire face was a light shade of pink, even through the foundation.

 

"Jimin-ah." "Yes, unnie?" She couldn't really look at you, but you knew that you had her attention. "Try to relax, it'll be fine." She let out a slow breath, not answering. It didn't seem to work, because a moment later she asked: "Unnie, can't you sing something? Get my mind off it?" You were a little flustered for a moment, but complied with a sigh. "Any requests?" "Dynamite!" You were surprised to hear Eunmi's voice answering you from behind you. The other girls cheered as you sighed once more before starting.

"Mwol bwa igeo nwa, jinjeonghara haji ma. Museun soyongiya da, imi ppeonhi jeogi kkeuti boyeo" The girls were already grooving along, this was not the first time you sang this song for them.

"Batendeo han jan deo I need more" "One shot!" The members shouted, making a bright smile spread on your face. "One more" "Two shot!"

 

-

 

“Okay, you're all done.” After a final touch of blush, the make up-artist left to work on the other girls. You stood up and pulled at the hem of your dress. “Okay, I'm off then. Good luck.” You said and sent a smile to each of your members. You heard Chaeyoung shout: “Fighting~!” as you stepped out into the night.

tumblr_o7n9z6nQBQ1vvxkvyo1_1280.jpg

It was a warm evening in the beginning of June, so you didn't bother to bring a coat. You simply made your way to the van that was waiting outside. For now, you were on your own.

 

With you in the car were your assigned VJ and a PD assistant who was driving. It didn't take long for you to arrive at a large park that seemed empty of people. It was beautifully lit up by decorative lights that lead the way to a lone park bench.

 

You were first to arrive so you sat down and tried to breathe slowly, doing your best to ignore the camera following your every step. By now, your stomach was filled to the brim with butterflies and a sense of unease had begun to creep into your mind. What if it's someone I really don't like? I have to act like I do at least... But then again there are the other group members... I just hope they're not all younger than me… Oh me, why did I agree to this?!

 

Just then, you heard someone clear their throat a small distance to your left, snapping you out of your thoughts. You turned in that direction and stilled, completely in shock. Now the cameras were the last thing on your mind.

tumblr_o1aoidhuMe1rxvwdzo1_500.jpg

Annyeonghaseyo...” He said shyly, bowing as he slowly stepped closer. You came back to your senses and rose to your feet, almost tripping over your high heels in the process. “Ah! Be careful...” He said, stretching out a hand as if to help you even though he was still too far away to reach you.


 

Ah.. Annyeonghaseyo sunbaenim...” You said, bowing deeply. He was holding a huge bouquet of red roses in his hand and he held it out to you when you finally reached each other. You accepted it and looked up into his eyes. That's when he recognized you. “Ah! TRAX's… Riah-ssi?”

 

You felt your cheeks grow hot when he said your name. "Yes... Do you know us?" His eyes widened in surprise at your words. "Of course! You're the trend these days!" You waved your hands in denial, feeling flustered at his compliment. "No no, that's not true!" He smiled at your cute response.

"By any chance... Do you know me?" He asked, shy again all of a sudden. "Oh of course, Hongbin-ssi! We enjoy VIXX's music very much." It was his turn to blush. "Thank you." An awkward silence settled between you. You dipped your head to smell the roses when you heard: "Should we sit down?" You looked up and saw him gesture towards the bench with a small smile on his face. You nodded.

You ended up quite close to each other since it was only a bench for two. "So... I guess we know the other participants then." He said, and you could tell that he felt very awkward. Cute, you thought to yourself. Then a thought struck you. "But aren't there six members in VIXX? We're only five..." He seemed relieved that you initiated conversation, his shoulders relaxed a little. "Yeah, you’re right…” His brows furrowed in confusion. “But we were all asked to participate though...” Hongbin looked up to his VJ, who remained silent. “You’re not gonna tell us, right?” He shook his head.

"Are you cold?" Hongbin asked suddenly, looking at you. "Oh? No, not really" you replied. "But thank you." You smiled to show that you appreciated the gesture. "Well, let me know if you are." You nodded.


 

"I saw your video by the way" You spoke up, ignoring your heart pounding away in your chest. He raised his eyebrows. "What video?" "The one that went viral, a fancam of your solo from your concert, 'Falling Slowly'." You watched as he turned positively crimson all the way to the tips of his ears. He remained silent and looked straight ahead. You felt a grin spread on your face at his embarrassment.


 

"I really liked it." You admitted, blushing a little yourself. He glanced at you. "Really?" You nodded. He smiled then, showing off his dimples and dropping his head.

After collecting himself and straightening up he said, "I should have brought my guitar so I could sing it for you." It was easy for you to see that even though he said that, he was a little relieved that he had an excuse not to do it. "Well, how were you supposed to know?" You said, turning your gaze to the trees in the distance.

"I could bring it to Jeju..." He began, and you studied his expression, trying to read his emotions. "For me?" He watched your eyes sparkling in the dim lighting. "Yeah." There was a pause. "That would be nice." You said awkwardly, looking down at your lap in an attempt to hide your giddy smile. He grinned as he watched you.

 

Breaking the for once not awkward mood, you were handed an envelope by the VJ accompanying you. "What's this?" Hongbin asked. The VJ simply stated: "It's your mission."

 

With a sense of foreboding, you opened it, revealing a picture of a couple holding hands. "1 min." was written below it. "A whole minute?!" Hongbin exclaimed next to you. You were frozen, staring at the card in silence. You had known this was coming. It had been exactly the same the two previous seasons, but you had forgotten all about the show and the cameras while talking to Hongbin.

 

"You're supposed to meet up with the others in an hour and you need to complete the mission before then." The VJ explained. You nodded absent-mindedly, already feeling your palms getting moist. Your mind wandered to your members. I wonder how the others are doing? I hope our maknae is okay…

 

"We should probably head back to the car then..." Hongbin said, trailing off as he glanced at you. The mood had turned awkward again. You nodded, but your whole body was tense. The forced skinship was not your favourite part of this show.

He got to his feet, turning around and offering his hand to you. You just looked at it for a moment, your mind completely blank. Then a thought ran through your head. You may not be comfortable with this, but this is for tv and you need to do your best to make your team look good. Just do it! With newfound determination, you slowly reached out and put your hand in his. It was little moist like yours, and considerably warmer.

8-ways-to-get-your-garden-ready-for-spring_2.jpg

As you walked in silencestill holding hands since the both of you were dead set on completing the mission on your first tryyour entire focus was on trying to relax and not trip. Your high heels had not been the best choice for an outdoor date. You glanced at Hongbin and smiled to yourself without even realising it. Maybe this won't be so bad after all... He saw you looking out of the corner of his eye and met your gaze, eyebrows raised in question. You simply shook your head, still smiling. Then you squeezed his hand.

 

Both his and your eyes widened and you came to a halt. Did... Did I just do that? You had acted without thinking. That is not a thing that you do. You shared a quiet moment of shock before the both of you blushed and couldn't stand to look the other in the eye. Hongbin laughed nervously, trying to ease the tension until you couldn’t take it anymore and tugged on his hand, walking at an almost brisk pace to shake off the embarrassment. The both of you breathed out a sigh of relief when the VJ called mission success.

 

You honestly felt a little hurt at how quickly he let go of your hand, but your thoughts were distracted when he immediately shrugged off his jacket and held it out for you to wear. "Here." He simply said as he stepped behind you, a gentle smile on his face. You turned to him, a question mark written on your face. "Your hand was cold. Put it on." Now that he mentioned it, you were a little cold. "Thanks." you said bashfully and he helped you wear it. He grinned to himself as it became apparent that it was way too large for you. Aigoo... Cute.

 

When Hongbin fell into step with you he gathered up his courage and asked, "If you don't mind me asking, how old are your members?" You relaxed little by little as you talked, this being a more comfortable topic and he could easily see how strongly you felt about your members, even if you didn’t say it out loud. He was reminded of his own leader who, on the contrary, was always so open with his love for s.

 

When you reached your car – a big van – Hongbin (wanting to be the perfect gentleman) was about to open the door for you, but you spared no moment in stepping forward and opening the door yourself, completely oblivious. He simply stood there with eyes and mouth open wide, his hand slightly outstretched as he watched you climb into the car and take a seat. He quickly shook it off and climbed in behind you, but he wasn't able to manage his expression well enough as he sat down in a seat next to you. You studied his features and noticed something was up.

 

"What is it?" He met your eyes and tried to brush it off. "Nothing." He smiled in the hopes that you would let it slide. But you had already caught on. "Did you want to open the door for me?"

 

As you had said, TRAX did enjoy VIXX’s music and had obviously paid a bit of attention to them over the years. Word had traveled fast among idols that Hongbin was just like an old-fashioned gentleman.

 

His lips parted, surprised that you had correctly deduced that. His expression said it all. He went crimson again and remained silent. "Look," you began, taking on a sombre tone. "You don't have to do those things for me. I don't care about that, I'm not some princess." He glanced at you then. You smiled a little and finished: "I'm just a person."

-

A/N: It's sooo cheesy holy !! *cringe*