Introduction

Romantic & Idol S3

You could feel sweat running down your forehead as you stared at you and your four members' reflections in the mirror, carefully studying your movements to perfect your dance routine for your next comeback.

Last year, you had promoted with a y concept and your group had gained a lot of new fans so this time, you felt a lot of pressure on your shoulders. You had decided to go with a fierce concept this time, y but with a sophisticated feel.

 

367457.jpg

 

You clenched your jaw tightly as you felt your muscles burn, threatening to give out. As the leader, you felt that you had to be an example for the others to follow, working harder than any of them to boost the morale of the team.

 

Your CEO, Yang Hyun Suk had told you a couple of times that you had the ability to make your members shine and you believed that a combination between leading by example and supporting from behind would make your group successful. So far, it had worked pretty well. Though, it would have been impossible if you didn't have Yejin.

If you were the strict “Dad” of the group, then she was the “Mom”. Always calm and able to reason, she was the one who best solved any potential conflicts in the group, as she could see things from other perspectives and mediate between the members. You were too stubborn for that.

Still not very comfortable in the spotlight, you were glad that you had Chaeyoung in the group. She was the official speaker for the group, the face. She appeared on a lot of variety shows and got people talking about your group. Both she and Yejin were a year older than you, but since you were born very early in the year and the leader, they had agreed to call you “unnie” to show respect.

Eunmi was the same age as you, but she was also the one you clashed with the most. It wasn’t that you didn’t like her, you were just different and had different values. She was pretty vocal of her thoughts and could (in your opinion) be rather childish and even selfish at times.

The baby of the group was Jimin, one year younger than you and Eunmi. Small in stature, but surprisingly tough and charismatic on stage. People were often shocked when they watched her perform and would say “I was not expecting that!” or “Are you sure that you don’t have a twin?”.

 

Your head snapped to face the door when you heard it open. You froze in place when you saw Yang Hyun Suk enter with his usual cap low on his forehead.

Jimin-ah! Cut the music!” You called to the maknae, before greeting your CEO. ”Annyeonghaseyo!” You all chorused while bowing. ”Yes, hello. Are you practicing well?”

 

Yes!”

 

I have an announcement.” He said before taking a seat at one end of the practice room. You and your four members hurried to line up in front of him, quietly waiting for his next words.

 

tvN has decided to make a third season of 'Romantic and Idol'.” You all stayed quiet. He observed your faces with his hawk-like eyes before continuing. “They did a poll online, asking the fans which groups they wanted to appear this time.” You gasped softly as you began to see where this was going. “Don't tell me... One of us...?” You said quietly. He met your eyes and held them for a moment.

 

You won by a landslide.” You froze. You could hear the other members' excitement on either side of you as they squealed. “Daebak!” Chaeyoung exclaimed, her eyes wide with surprise.

 

AS did...” Yang CEO raised his voice slightly to make you settle down again. “... a boy group. So, they decided to feature all the members from the two groups.”

So what you're saying is... We're all going?” Eunmi asked, gesturing to all the members.

 

Yes.”

 

Chaeyoung, Eunmi and Jimin all jumped with glee at this news. “Daebak! Jinjja daebak!” Jimin said, tightly clasping Eunmi's hands. The latter’s expression faltered for a second when a thought hit her. “Which boy group is it?”

The CEO didn't show any reaction whatsoever to the girls' happiness. “It's a secret. You'll know when you meet them.”

The other girls groaned at this news, but you and Yeijn had expected this answer since you had watched the two previous seasons. “When do we begin shooting?” You inquired. “In a week.”

Omo! Then we need to go shopping tomorrow! I need a new dress and shoes to match it,” Eunmi rambled, suddenly worried. “and jewelry and a new top to go with my shorts and-” “Yah, you have enough clothes as it is, taking up three wardrobes by yourself.” You barked at her, stopping her train of thought.

 

She stilled, her excited expression melting away from her face. She was quiet for a moment, just holding your gaze and then said: “Well, I do have the dress I bought two weeks ago...” You sighed. That girl prioritized clothes over just about everything else. The sound of the CEO's voice brought you back to attention.

 

Anyway, I'll send the details to your manager. Do well, girls.” And with that he left, as quickly as he had come.

 

A/N: Like I said in the foreword, not much has changed thus far and this chapter is kinda short, but stay with me! :)