Chapter 1: Promises are meant to be broken

Look At Me

DARA

 

*krinnnngggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!*

 

I woke up because of the sound of my alarm. I streched my arm and rubbed my eyes, still sleepy. I looked at my phone to check the time and my eyes widen when I saw It was already 6:30 am. One more hour and I'm gonna be late! Sht!

 

I rushed my way to the bathroom to take a quick bath.After that,  I quickly went to my closet to change into my office attair and I didn't even bother to put any make-up on, just pure powder. I tied my hair into a bun. I quickly went out of my room to prepare my lunch that I will bring to the office (I'm a money saver). And when I was about to pass by the living room, I saw Bom, who is my cousin/roomate/Bestfriend (aside from jiyong) sitting at the couch watching T.V. while sipping her coffee.

 

You see, since I am already 24 and I wanted to be independent, I asked my parents if I could move out. At first, they disagreed but after a long persuation and a litlle bit of a arguement with them, they finally agreed but, with two conditions. And that is...

First, I have to live with someone they know and luckyly Bom agreed to live with me since, she also wanted to be indepented like me. So first condition is a check. And lastly, I need to go home and sleep there when  they want. I agreed so, that condition is a check. Bom and I agreed to share the payment for the apartment. She is also assigned to pay the water bill while, I am assigned to pay the electrical bill. Oh, and wait! as a part of being independent, I told my parents that they should stop sending money to my bank account since I have my own work now and I'll be handling the company after my contract at Jiyong's company ended. Which means I'll earn my own. But, they told that they'll still send for emergency purposes which I didn't argue anymore.

Now, back to reality!

 

And I guess Bom noticed my presence since she turned to me. 

 

"Woah! Good thing you woke up. I thought you already forgot you have work!" She said, pretending to be shocked.

 

"Well Good Morning to you too, Bommie!" I said and smiled her sarcastically.

 

She just beamed at me and turned back to watching. I just shooked my head and smiled slightly. weirdo. I started heading to the kitchen to prepare my lunch when Bom suddenly called out.

 

"OH! I forgot! Dee, I already prepared your lunch since, I got nothing to do earlier!~" I beamed and rushed to the kitchen while, thanking her.

 

"Thank you Bommie! You're really the best!" 

 

After getting my lunch at the kitchen courtesy of Bom I went again to the living room where she is. I jumped at her and Hugged her.

 

"Thank you!"

 

"Yeah, yeah... Be thankful it's my day off today."She said dismissively. I giggled and Pulled out from the hug. I stood up and looked at my watch to check the time. I jumped when I saw I'll be late already.

 

"Omo! I'll be late! Bye Bom!" I kissed her cheek and dashed outside the apartment. I quickly went to my car and turned the engine on driving my way to the company.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Dara reached the company in record time. Thankfully she wasn't late. 

 

She parked her car at the parking lot and went out of the car. She straightened her office attair and fixed her hair.

 

She walked inside the company and her office mates greeted and bowed at her. She greeted and bowed back at them.

 

She went inside the elevator with her co-workers without them noticing her. She pressed her designated floor. The elevator was about to close when, suddenly it opened up again and there, it revealed the company's CEO, Kwon Jiyong. They all bowed and greeted him then he greeted back. They all looked at him confusingly cause they know he has his own executive elevator. He got the message of thier confused looked so, he explained.

 

"The other elevator is being fixed so... I guess I'll be joining you guys in this elevator." He smiled sheepisly and rubbed the back of his neck.

 

They all nodded and was about to go out when he stopped them saying, he wants to ride with them. He went inside but, he didn't noticed Dara since she was at back and he was on front.

 

Dara saw her other lady office mates giggling while looking at their CEO. She heard the girls beside her wispher.

 

"He's so cute!" They giggled which made her smile. "Too bad He's already taken! Actually I don't like his current girlfriend. She's so mean! It would be better if it was miss Park!" The other silently shouted while the other just nodded eagerly. Good it wasn't enough for Jiyong to hear but, Dara heard it clearly which suprised her.

 

"Hey, that's bad! Girls, she isn't that bad.And besides JIyong and I are just pure Bestfriends." She wisphered at them, not liking what they said which, made the latters jump in surprise. They looked at her in shock.

 

"Omo! Miss Park, we're sorry!" They bowed and apologized quite loudly which earned everyone's attention, including Jiyong's. And since he heard his bestfriend's name he looked back and saw Dara there, standing while facing the girls.

 

Dara leaned at towards them. "It's okay. Just don't say it again. The dragon might get sad and cry if he hears what you were saying towards his girl." She jokingly whispered while making them straighten up. She smiled and winked at them, giggling. The girls smiled apologetically but then, giggled also.

 

JIyong suddenly called Dara which made the girls look at his direction. Dara then just beamed at him. "Hi!" She greeted and that's when the elevator reached her floor. She faced again the girls and assured them that she won't tell it to the boss. The girls then smiled at her thankfully.

 

She went out of the elevator and surprisingly Jiyong followed her. He draped his arms at her shoulder.

 

"What was that about?" Jiyong asked curiously. Dara just looked at him and smiled widely

 

"Nothing!" She answered."And why did you got in this floor? Did your office already changed location?" She asked frowning at him.

 

"Obviously I'm sending you to your office and no, My office didn't change its loaction." He answered.

 

"ahuh..." She nodded her head. 

 

They talked more and laughed while walking to Dara's office. They didn't even notice the stares that the other workers walking along the corridor are giving them. They look more likely a couple rather than bestfriends... They thought giddily. But then saddened when they remembered that Jiyong already has his girl.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DARA

 

We reached my office and Jiyong loosend his arm draped at my shoulders. I opened the doors towards my office and was about to go in when Jiyong suddenly spoke.

 

"Let's have lunch together? Just the two of us?" He offered.

 

"Of course we can. But, won't you have lunch with Nana?" I hesitated since since he always spends lunch time with his girlfriend. He just shook his head.

 

"No, Nana told me she has a schedule for today. An besides what wrong if you'll join us with lunch? It's been a while since we had lunch together since, you always not accept our invitation." he pouted.

 

"You know I'm always busy during those times, Ji." I reasoned.

 

"Yeah, always making yourself busy." He pouted even more adding a frown on his face. cute.

 

Chuckled and pinched his cheeks. "You're so cute when you pout! And FYI, CEO Kwon, I was pure busy not  making myself busy.

 

 "Yeah, Yeah! I'll just pretend I beleive you, Miss Park!" He just rolled his eyes and also pinched my cheeks.

 

I laughed and let go of his cheeks. "Let's stop. Nana might have eyes here and she might think I'm stilling his boy from her!" I joked.

 

He also let go of my cheeks and laughed with me.

 

"later alright?" He asked.

 

"Okay."

 

He then started heading to the elevator going up to his office's floor while I entered my own office.

 

I slumped myself in my sit and smiled bitterly looking at the ceiling.

 

I just hope this isn't one of all the broken "Lunch Together, Only the Two of Us" promises. It's not like I don't want to have lunch with Nana.Before, I even have lunch with them all the time. But, I always feel and Nana is kinda always making me feel that I'm the third wheel when we, three, have lunch so, I decided that I won't join them anymore.I always make excuse that I'm busy that's why I can't join them. Lame right? But, that's better... I guess? rather than telling Jiyong what I really feel which might cause them a problem and I don't want that. And besides I'm just the Bestfriend and Nana is the Girlfriend. Who am I to demand Jiyong's attention and time, right? 

 

Actually to be honest, a while ago was the only time that we got to spend together without anyone with us. It's always with Nana or No time together. *sigh* is it bad to say that I was happy?

 

 

I sighed and just shook my head to shoo away negative thoughts that's running my mind right now. I then, faced the pile of papers infront of me and started working.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

*LUNCH TIME*

 

I was starteled when I heard my phone vibrate. Someone was calling me. I took my phone and I saw Jiyong's name appearing on the screen. I answered it while putting the papers that I was holding at my desk.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Dee..." Oh, I know that tone of voice. Another one...

 

"Yes" I asked.

 

"Uhmm... I guess we have to puspone the "Only two of us Lunch' again' You see, Nana called a while ago and she said her schedule got canceled so...." He said apologetically. I knew it.

 

I chuckled quite bitterly which, I hope he didn't notice. "It's okay, Ji." I assured him perfectly hiding the dissapointment in my voice. I'm used to this.

 

"But, If you want you can-" I cut him off before he can eve finish.

 

"Sorry, Ji, But I can't cause I already promised one of our office mates that will have lunch with them." I lied.

 

"Who?" He asked.

 

"The two you saw a while ago at the elevator that I was talking to." I lied again.

 

"Oh, okay." He answered silently.

 

"Bye! Enjoy your lunch with Nana!" I tried to sound cheerful but obviously failed.

 

"Bye... Sorry again." Then I cut the line.

 

I then rested my back on the chair and faced view of Seoul behind me. I smiled bitterly.

 

"Your promises are really meant to broken, Ji." I wisphered.

 

I then stood stood up and went outside to got to the company's cafeteria to eat... alone.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Author's Note:

 

HI!!!! First chappie for all of you!!!

 

How was it???

 

Vote and comment jusseyyyooo!!!

 

mwahhhhh!!!

 

-Jiyongied