Meeting the Bangtan Boys

Survivor

 

He kept dragging Jihoon until they reached a table under the shade of a tree. Six boys were sitting there, eating and playing around.

Jihoon could remember Jimin, V and Suga-hyung, while the others were strangers to him. “Hey hyungs,” Jungkook called out as they were close to the table.

“AH,” Suga shouted and pointed at Jihoon. Jihoon raised an eyebrow and pointed confused at himself.
The others looked surprised at Suga, while he was still staring at Jihoon.

“Yah Oh Jihoon! Don’t you remember me?”
“Not really,” Jihoon lied and acted like it was his first time meeting him. It was really funny to make fun of Suga-hyung, even though it probably would get him killed one day.

“You little brat,” Suga could feel his eyebrow switching in anger and smacked him across the head. It wasn’t a hard hit, but still Jihoon could be a little dramatic sometimes.

“Hyung,” Jihoon whined as he rubbed the top of his head. “I was just kidding. Of course I remember” and softly muttered under his breath, who wouldn’t remember a violent midget like you?”

 

Jungkook who stood beside him, tried to contain his laughter when he heard what Jihoon muttered. Luckily for Jihoon, Suga didn’t hear anything and he sat back down on the table.

 

“See, that” Ignoring Suga’s offended hey, “is the reason why I didn’t want to sit with you guys,” Jihoon glared at Jungkook as he kept laughed.

 

While the others, Namjoon, Jin and Hoseok were curiously staring at the Jihoon. It wasn’t ever day you see, the golden maknae, Jungkook make a new friend. Jihoon looked away from Jungkook and stared at them. He gave a small wave and introduced himself.

 

“Sup? I’m Oh Jihoon,” Jihoon respectfully bowed to them and gave them a small smile.

Jin, Namjoon and Hoseok smiled at him. “I’m Jin,” he smiled and started to introduce the other. “That’s Namjoon, but he prefers to be called Rap Monster,” Namjoon gave a dorky smile at Jihoon, which made him laugh a little.

“Hey hyung! You made him laugh. That’s not fair,” Jungkook complained and pouted down at Jihoon. Jihoon quickly put a hand over his mouth to hide a smile.

Jungkook then looked at Namjoon and stuck in tongue out at him and playfully hit him. Namjoon wasn’t going to let that go and he hit him back.

They started to playfully fight in the background while Jin kept smiling at Jihoon. Jihoon stared right back at him, but it became a little uncomfortable for him and looked away.

Jin chuckled. Cute kid.

“I’m Hoseok, but call me J-Hope,” he introduced himself and slung his arm around Jihoon’s shoulder and grinned.

Jihoon raised an eyebrow at him and pushed his arm off him. J-Hope didn’t let that stop him as he started to tease Jihoon.

“Don’t you have anything better to do? Besides annoying me of course.” Jihoon complained and lightly pushed J-Hope away from him as he sat down by the table.

 

“Nope,” Jin answered for all of them. Jihoon clicked his tongue and slumped over the table.

 

“You guys are some dickheads, you know that?” Jihoon huffed them and looked at them irritated. 

 

“We know,” they retorted in unison as he threw them a dirty look and flipped the bird at them. “I hate you all,” Jihoon pouted and slumped over the table and wondered what he did wrong to be stuck with a bunch of idiots like them.

 

“Aw, we love you too, honey” Jin caringly him over his head.

Jihoon’s eyes widened as he was reminded of his mother. It was something she used to do to calm him down when he was angry or sad. Now he won’t even let her touch him.

 

He deeply sighed and let Jin do whatever he wanted. It’s not like it mattered anymore, because his mother can’t even look at him without being reminded of the divorce.

 

Besides, it was nice to feel like someone cared, even if his traitorous mind kept telling him that they would leave, just like they did.

 

This was weird for Jihoon. It’s the first time he ever clicked so well with a group of people. Even he himself was confused by his own behaviour. Normally he would have told people to piss off or to never come near him again, but he had a feeling that if he ever said that to this group, they wouldn’t listen. They would probably do the complete opposite or they would annoy him until he was forced to stay together with them.
He didn’t really get why they even wanted him to be friends with them.

 

He was…well him...

That’s basically reason enough to stay away.

 

Jihoon sighed and let his head fall down to rest on his hand.

 

Meanwhile, Jin and Namjoon were chuckling as they looked at Jihoon, who had this cute, confused expression on his face and didn’t notice them staring while J-Hope were over with the others.

 

Jihoon’s head was tilted to the left and he kept and biting his bottom lip.

 

It was really cute.

 

The others went to play some basketball, while Jin started to think about some things.  He could already feel that Jihoon would fit right in with them. Now the only question was, would he let them be there for him?

 

Jin hoped that he would.

 

He already had a soft spot for Jihoon in his heart, even though they just met and as he looked at Namjoon, he could see that he shared the same thoughts and feelings.

 

The three of them slowly started to talk to each other and Jihoon started to feel comfortable with them and his smile widened as he felt some of the weight on his shoulders disappearing and this knot inside his heart slowly loosening up. 

 

While the others were playing basketball, Jungkook kept trying to show off in front of Jihoon, but pouted when he saw that Jihoon wasn’t paying attention to him. They others started to laugh at him and as Jungkook stormed of to them to give them a piece of his mind, the bell rang.

 

“Well it was nice to meet you Jihoon,” Jin smiled as the others nodded in agreement. “We hope that we see you again,” Rap Monster said and gave him a grin. The seniors waved, took their things and went to their own classes.

 

“Well looks like we should go to our own class,” Jimin came from behind and took a hold of Jihoon’s arm as he tried to escape.

 

Taehyung chuckled as Jungkook took Jihoon’s other arm. “Are you kidding me? I don’t want to be here,” Jihoon whined and tried to escape their grips on him.

 

“Too bad for you,” Jungkook widely grinned as he tightened his grip. Jimin looked over at Taehyung and gave him a signal to interlock his arm with his. Taehyung smiled and went over to do it. Jimin smiled and gave him a chaste kiss. Taehyung flushed and smiled. 

 

“Well let’s go!” Jimin shouted excited and they all started to run towards class with their arms interlocked with each other and the sound of laughter ran trough the halls in the school. Jihoon groaned but still ran with them as he tried to keep the excited grin from forming on his face, but it was impossible. 

 

He knew that he could just have refused to run with them and stopped, but he didn’t and for the first time in a long time, it felt like he actually made the right choice.

 

What he didn’t see was the adoring smiles on the others faces as they felt that Jihoon was slowly opening up to them. It might have been a small step, but that small step was better that nothing at all.