Meeting him, again

Survivor

 

Jihoon gulped as he could feel his hands nervously shaking. He jumped off the table, still not facing the person standing by the door.

 

“Are you not going to look at me?” the deep voice questioned in amusement, while Jihoon was mentally thinking about what he should do. 

 

He took a deep breath and looked at the door, where Jungkook stood. Jihoon decided that the best way to get away from here was to run out of the door, which was impossible, because Jungkook was still standing there.

 

Still he tried his luck and tried to sprint out of the door. A pale hand quickly caught his wrist and he was turned around and slammed into a hard chest. “Ow,” Jihoon muttered, rubbed his nose in pain and stepped back.

 

Jihoon cursed in his mind at his own stupidity as he looked up, and his eyes meet Jungkook’s warm coal coloured eyes and warm smile.

 

“Why are you smiling at me like that?”

“Like what?”

“Like this!” Jihoon awkwardly tried to show him the smile, which he absolutely failed at. Jungkook could feel the laughter building up in his stomach and he quickly slipped his grip on Jihoon as he started to laugh like crazy. 

 

“It’s not funny,” Jihoon stomped his foot on the ground and angrily crossed his arms across his chest.

 

Jungkook couldn’t stop laughing and soon tears started to roll down his cheeks.

 

“You know what, fine. If you’re going to be like that, then I’m leaving,” Jihoon puffed out his cheeks and pouted at Jungkook. "Cute" Jungkook thought, but was still laughing. Jihoon quickly slipped past him to walk across the hall and away from him.

 

“Wait, wait” Jungkook quickly ran over and started to walk beside him with a grin on his face.

 

“Who said you could walk beside me?” Jihoon softly grumbled and lightly pushed him away. “No one, but I wanted too,” Jungkook replied with a soft grin.

 

Jihoon softly ignored the way his heart started to race, as if it was telling him to give Jungkook a chance and not push him away, while his mind softly whispered don’t trust him. You will only get your heartbroken.

 

Jungkook dodged Jihoon’s hands as he tried to push him away and started to walk even closer to him.

 

“Personal space dude,” Jihoon tried put some distance between them but no, Mr.-I-don’t-know-what-personal-space-is, refused to budge. 

 

As they walked in silence, Jihoon thoughts slowly drifted to think about some random things like love.

 

The truth is, Jihoon had always been afraid of love.

He never understood why people were willing to put their heart and happiness in other people’s hands

 

How could people let themselves be completely and utterly vulnerable and open towards another human being? Don’t they realize that they could get their heart broken as easy as a glass breaking?

 

It was something Jihoon was unable to understand because he, himself, never truly had been in love. Sure he had crushes, but real love?

 

That was foreign to Jihoon and he wasn’t all that interested in it.

 

Love was never something Jihoon thought was necessary in his life.

 

If it comes, then it comes and if it doesn’t…. well it’s fine by him.

 

Jihoon honestly didn’t think that he would be able to fully open up to someone and he didn't really think that’s fair to the other one in the relationship.

 

Jihoon scrunched his eyebrows and glared at the ground. “This is why I comfort myself with bottles, parties and dancing. I ing hate the silence,” he softly grumbled in his mind and looked over at Jungkook.

 

He was deep in thought and Jihoon decided that he didn’t like how he serious looked without his usual smile.

 

Jihoon gave himself a ‘what the ’ look and quickly shook that thought out of his head “I don’t even know him,” Jihoon argued with himself.

 

He face-palmed. “Great, now I’m even starting to talk to myself” Jihoon said out loud without realizing.

 

Jungkook curiously looked at him and Jihoon almost face-palmed again.

“I said that out loud, didn’t I?”

Jungkook nodded and stared at Jihoon like he was crazy, but couldn’t stop the grin from forming on his lips.

 

It’s time like these Jihoon wondered why he hasn’t committed suicide yet…

 

“Where are we going?” Jihoon changed the subject and asked him. Jihoon had been so busy in his own thoughts that he didn’t notice that he started to following Jungkook.

 

“Don’t worry. We’re just going to meet some of my friends,” he assured and gave Jihoon a soft smile.

 

“Hey wait, are some of those friends you just mentioned that strawberry-haired skinny kid and the black-haired midget with the muscles?” He curiously asked and stared at Jungkook.

 

Jihoon didn't understand why Jungkook suddenly wanted him to meet his friends. It's not like they are ever going to hang out again, because Jungkook would eventually get tired of him and leave, just like everyone else did.

Just like his father did.

 

Jihoon didn't have the strength to go trough something like that again. It would break him completely, if something like that happened.

 

Jihoon hated himself for already being a little fond of Jungkook, even though they just met.

 

Jihoon was afraid of being abandoned or left behind. He feared that being fond of Jungkook would destroy him. He knew that he wouldn't be able to take it, if Jungkook suddenly decided to get up and leave him.

 

That's why he preferred to stay with his books, parties and music, but there was something inside him that told him to give this a chance, so he decided to give this a chance, even though he really didn't want too. But then again, what did he have to lose?

 

While Jungkook didn't notice how Jihoon's face suddenly darkened, he snickered at Jihoon's description of V and Jimin. “Yeah, it’s them. Jimin and V.”

 

“Come on.” Jungkook took a hold of Jihoon's arm, ignoring his protests and didn't notice him flinch. Jihoon bite his lip and tried to ignore the pain as Jungkook wrapped his hand around his right arm, where there still were some fresh cuts. "Are you alright?" Jungkook worriedly asked as he noticed Jihoon's uncomfortable expression. 

 

Jungkook decided to move his hand down and instead intertwined it together with Jihoon's hand. 

 

 “I just don’t like the sun and I don't want to go outside,” Jihoon complained and hoped that Jungkook didn't notice him flinch before. "Hmm, okay," Jungkook still looked suspicious at Jihoon but decided to let it go, for now anyway.

 

"Can you stop dragging me already? I already told you that I don't like the sun," Jihoon snapped and pressed his heels on the ground in an attempt to make them stop. 

 

But Jungkook was stubborn and kept dragging Jihoon with him. “It’s fine. Suga-hyung doesn’t like the sun too much either, so we usually sit at a place where there is shade,” Jungkook explained.

 

Jihoon raised an eyebrow, as he looked confused. “Suga? Haven’t I heard that name before?” Jihoon softly murmured to himself, but was unable to remember a face.

 

Jihoon sighed in annoyance and forgot all about the familiar name, when he decided to let Jungkook do whatever he wanted as he stopped fighting against him.

 

Jungkook noticed this and smirked in victory.

 

Hey guys, it's another update :) I know I haven't updated my other stories but I'm so into this one right now, so subscribe or comment so I know what you guys think about my story ^^

Don't give up, okay? I know that you have been hurt, but trust me, that feeling WILL pass and the tears will stop and your heart will start healing. Slowly, but it's a start. 

Inspiring quote of the day:

No one is born into this world to be alone
- One Piece