Lap 2

Racing to the Checkered Flag
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NB: Please note that this story will be told at different intervals on the timeline. Hope it's not too confusing.

 

2 December 2015

 

Irene POV

I was startled when I heard the code at my front door code being entered. I glanced at the entrance hall but turned away since I didn’t need to worry who it may be. Only one other person knew the code, and he more often than I’d have liked, let himself in. I knew why he was here and although I appreciated what he was doing, being asked the same and pretending that I was okay didn’t exactly light a flame for me.

“Hey Princess, I’ve brought lunch” he said as soon as he stepped inside the living room. I returned his greeting all the while keeping my eyes outside the window. I could feel his presence, but he didn’t move from where he was standing. I turned my head in his direction and saw him just standing there with the food bags, staring at me. I couldn’t handle the pitying look in his eyes. I didn’t need or want anyone’s pity. Especially from TOP.

“I’m not hungry” I said, turning to look back out the window.

“Why are you still in your PJ’s? You were supposed to be at the track an hour ago.” He said, moving towards me and dropping the bags on the table. I didn’t bother answering him as he sat beside me. Today my new race partner was to be introduced to the team after they announced who they had chosen a week ago. I wasn’t interested. I wasn’t interested in much these days.

I silently got up and walked to the kitchen, switching on the coffee machine and preparing myself a cup. I left the kitchen and told TOP I’d be ready in 10 minutes. As soon as I walked into my bedroom I started stripping, leaving a trail behind me, my clothes joining the others I hadn’t bothered picking up off the floor. As soon as I got under the shower spray, I started crying again. . Every time I get in the shower, I completely succumb to my emotions.

I see body wash that isn’t mine. I see a toothbrush that isn’t mine. I see a men’s razor that isn’t mine.

I couldn’t bear to move his things. I kept the bathroom exactly like the last day he was here with me. Moving his things made the reality so much more real and I was not ready to let go. Not by a long shot. I became so lost in my misery that I hadn’t realised the water starting to run cold. I could hear muffled shouting and only realised TOP is banging on my bedroom door after I had turned the water off. I walked out and air-dried by body while searching for something clean to wear.

Ten minutes later I walked out and into a brooding TOP. He had his arms folded over his chest, glaring at the opposite wall, then at me after I had opened my bedroom door.

“What took you so long? You’ve been in there at least forty minutes. You had me worried Princess, you didn’t even answer me when I shouted from out here.” he said, scowling. I just sighed and walked towards the kitchen, pouring myself a cup of life-force. I had been surviving on it for the past couple of months.

“Princess, please eat something” TOP said as he came into the kitchen with the food. Does this man not understand the meaning of ‘I’m not hungry’? I again ignored his attempt at feeding me, finished off my coffee and stood at the kitchen’s doorway showing him I am ready to go. We left my apartment in silence, rode the elevator in silence and completed our journey to the track in silence. As soon as we set foot in the building, I could hear Seungri’s loud voice telling lame jokes.

“Ah, Lady Joojoo finally graces us with her presence” Seungri said, grinning like the bastard he was. Everything about him irked me. He was undoubtedly the most shallow, insensitive jerk I had ever had the displeasure of meeting. And he absolutely lived to piss me off. The only thing he had going for him was his not too bad looks, and he’s ability to know exactly what is wrong with an engine by just listening to it. Got to hand it to the guy, he was good. But that is as good as it gets.

I tried to put a smile on my face but quickly changed my mind. My

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter