Final

Coffe Shop

 

Kim Junmyeon. 22. Barista at our SM University’s coffee shop. Single. Hot. Nicest person you could ever meet. Then there’s me… Oh Sunhee. 20. Frequent coffee shop customer. Single. Plain. Don’t even get me started on my mood swings. I have an older brother that also attends SM University. Oh Sehun. 21. A noodle. But he’s not that important. Who is important though is Kim Junmyeon. He’s been my crush since the beginning of my freshman year here. I had gotten myself lost, but didn’t want to admit it, so I decided to grab my favorite coffee and hopefully work my destination into a conversation that will allow someone to tell me where said place was. It worked…. Sort of. Not really. Here’s what went down…

I had walked through the double doors of the coffee shop. I knew I’d most likely spend most of my time here since I love the smell of coffee, as well as the atmosphere a coffee shop brings. I made my way to the counter where there was a pretty cute barista working that day.

“I like this place already.” I mumbled to myself.

“Hello, welcome to SM Coffee, what can I get for you?” The barista behind the counter greeted cheerfully.

“Hi, um can I get an iced caffe Americano?”

“Good choice! What size would you like?”

“Medium will be fine…” The barista, whose name I read as ‘Junmyeon’ nodded silently. “Is that all for you?” I smiled at him. “Yes.”

“Your total is $5.50” Junmyeon smiled widely, showing off his eye-smile.

After I had paid, I moved over to the little pick up counter where I can see Junmyeon facing toward the front, making my drink. The shop was empty, save for a student sitting at a corner table on his laptop, so it was perfect for striking up a conversation.

“So… the performing arts building…” Before I could even pull something out of my , I could see his eyes light up drastically.

“Are you a P.A. major?” I blinked at him a few times before the question registered.

“Um…yeah, thinking about it; You?” He showed his eye-smile again. 

“I’m finishing up my second year. I love it. I’m majoring in acting, though I do love singing just as much. What do you do?” This was a pleasant surprise.

 “Sing. My brother’s in dance, go figure with that, huh?” He chuckled. “Sounds like you have some entertainer blood in you.”

Now it was my turn to smile. “So…should I sip my drink slowly on my walk there to make sure I have some for class, or..?” This time his smile wasn’t as big. There was also something else there that I couldn’t put my finger on until later…amusement.

“I don’t think you can down a medium drink that quickly…” I sputtered with what to say. Thankfully, I didn’t have to come up with a dumb excuse.

“If you were lost, you could have just asked. Freshman, right? No need to be embarrassed, all of us have been there. In fact, a lot of us still do it. One of my best friends, Chanyeol, is always calling one of the guys in our group, asking for directions to his class because he got lost. The building you’re looking for is the one straight across the quad there.” He gestured outside.

The main quad to which he was referring is the one where the coffee shop stands. It’s also where the administrative buildings and student union buildings are. Everyone knows the main quad. So you can imagine how stupid I felt when I found out the building I got lost trying to find was staring straight at us from inside the coffee shop. 

I grimaced. “That obvious?”

He smiled gently while placing my completed drink down on the counter in front of me. “After a certain point. Don’t feel bad. If you need anything, or get lost looking for the coffee shop, you can always ask me if you see me. Name’s Junmyeon by the way.” He tapped the square plastic pinned to his apron. I rolled my eyes playfully.

“If I get lost looking for the coffee shop, how am I supposed to ask you for help?”

He laughed the cutest laugh I ever heard. “Just follow the students who look like zombies while sniffing the air for coffee. That’ll usually do the trick.” He winked as he made his way back to the register where the studying student had made his way over to get another drink.

 

Cute, huh? I think so too. Not me, of course; I meant Junmyeon.  That’s how my crush started. I’ve become a frequent customer at the coffee shop, and Junmyeon is half the reason. (College students need coffee to survive) 

Enough talking from me, let’s see what I’m currently up to.


 

 

Sunhee had promised to meet up with her brother at the school’s coffee shop, much to her excitement. That meant she could take the time to stare at Junmyeon while he worked, while also acting like she’s bonding with her brother. Perfect!

As she got closer to the building, she decided to text her brother Sehun to see if he beat her there. Right as she opened the door, her phone went off. “Sitting in right corner. Got myself a drink already, get your own.” She read out loud to herself. “psh, such a great brother you are..” She shoved her phone into her back pocket as she got closer to the counter.

“Hey Sunhee, the usual or are we switching it up today?” Junmyeon asked her brightly. She had a habit of occasionally switching up her drinks so she wouldn’t wear one out. Junmyeon once said she was smart to do so. “That way it’s like a new drink to you” he had said.

 “Can I have a latte?” 

“Sure thing!” Junmyeon turned around to start on her order since she was last in line this time around. He bent over to grab some ingredients from the bottom shelf, and Sunhee took that opportunity to check out his . “I like that booty a latte...” She mumbled and giggled to herself quietly. Or at least she thought she did.

Junmyeon turned around after putting the machines to work, and gave her a funny look. “What?”

Sunhee blushed. “What, what?”

Junmyeon blinked at her for a moment before answering. “Did- did you just compliment my ?”

His face slowly formed into a -eating grin, much to her dismay. “No! I don’t know what you’re talking about, Kim Junmyeon!”  She whined at said barista.

“No, no, I’m pretty sure I heard you say ‘I like that booty a latte’ which was not only an awesome compliment, but a very clever pun. I don’t know if I should thank you or congratulate you.” He smirked at her.

“Please don’t. I just need my latt-“ He wiggled his eyebrows at her which made her stop and correct herself. “My coffee and I’ll be on my merry way and we can forget this ever happened.”

“What if I don’t want to forget that happened?” Junmyeon winked at her before he spotted Sehun walking up to the counter looking sick.

“Sehun, are you okay? You look like you’re going to hurl.” Sunhee asked worriedly as she felt Sehun’s forehead for a fever.

“I just heard my baby sister compliment my best friend’s , followed by a lot of flirting from both sides. I might do just that.” Sehun scrunched his face in disgust at the pair.

“Wait….this is your baby sister?!” Junmyeon looked at him, shocked.

Sunhee gulped.  “What do you mean best friend?”

Sehun rolled his eyes. “This is my best friend, Junmyeon.” He gestured behind the counter. “This is my baby sister, Oh Sunhee.” He gestured to the smaller next to him. “How hard is that to understand?”

“Dude….I didn’t realize this was your sister. Or that she was cute.”  Junmyeon smiled awkwardly at Sehun, who groaned.

“If you two want to date that’s fine with me, but please no more compliments. If you feel the need to compliment one’s , compliment mine because we all know it’s the best.” Sehun sassed.


 

*One Year Later*

 

“Jaaaggiiiii!!!!!” Junmyeon yelled from across the quad, causing passing students to look at him weird.

“Yah, Kim Junmyeon! She’s not the only one standing here, you know!” Sehun pouted at the approaching hyung. “Yeah, Sehun, you’re not the only one standing there either.” A new voice chimed in.

“Don’t start, you two.” Sunhee interrupted, looking between her brother and Minseok.

Since that fateful day at the coffee shop, Junmyeon and Sunhee had begun dating, and hanging out as much as possible, making her a part of their group of friends, much to Sehun’s dismay. (He secretly liked having his precious baby sister around, but he had an image to uphold, you know.)

“Guys, can you believe what day is today?” Junmyeon announced excitedly as he back hugged Sunhee.

“The day you’re going to stop being a nagging mother?” Baekhyun said snarkily.

“Baekhyun, stop being rude. You can practically see his bunny tail wag; clearly it’s something bigger than your issues.” Jongdae slapped the back of Baekhyun’s head.

“Hey! I don’t have a bunny tail!” Junmyeon pouted.

Sunhee giggled and patted his hands that were resting on her stomach. “Babe, you’re like a little rabbit. That’s why I call you Myeonteokkie.”

Junmyeon pouted even more before leaning down and kissing Sunhee’s cheek. “Today marks the one year anniversary of Sunhee complimenting my using a latte pun.”

Junmyeon got the wind knocked out of him by Sunhee’s elbow. “Shut it, Myeon!” Sunhee’s face turned completely red.

“Ahh the greatest pun ever! It’s been a year already?! That means your one year anniversary is right around the corner! Congratulations you guys!” Chanyeol said happily.

Junmyeon smiled dreamily. “In exactly two days. I remember because I really wanted to ask her out after work that day, but Sehun looked like he was ready to castrate me, so I decided against that. Then I was going to ask her the next day, but I had classes all through the evening after my shift. It wasn’t till that third day that I had off to take her somewhere.” He finished up by planting a kiss to the top of Sunhee’s head.

Baekhyun smiled his half smirk/half smile that told them he was going to say or do something completely mischievous. Right before they could stop him, however he asked a question that only Baekhyun would want to know the answer to; “So are you guys ually active yet, or is that for two days from now?”

The couple blushed madly and avoided eye contact. “ing Byun Baekhyun, why the would you ask that question when I’m standing right here?! I don’t want to know about my baby sister’s life!” Sehun raged.

“She knows about half of yours, so shut it maknae!” Baekhyun sassed. Sehun just rolled his eyes because he really couldn’t argue with him. His sister became aware of it when conversation between the boys went on normally despite her presence, which meant lots of talk. Now he was regretting it.

“Is no one going to point out how hard they’re blushing?!” Jongdae screeched. Everyone’s eyes were now on the couple. “Guys…stop.” Sunhee whined.

“No, now we gotta know why you’re blushing like teenagers! Is it because you’ve already done it or is it because you have it planned?” Chanyeol chimed in in his booming voice.

After Sehun noticed the couple blushing, gears starting turning in his head and all conversation became background noise.

……….

……………….

………………………..

…………………………………

“KIM JUNMYEON, WAS THAT YOU IN OUR APARTMENT ABOUT A MONTH AGO?!” Sehun’s scream scared the group of friends. Sunhee knew it was time to speak up.

 “Sehunnie…I’m an adult, you know. We may share an apartment, but I’m still an independent young woman who enjoys with her boyfriend. Who also happens to be your best friend, which really makes it that much easier to sneak him into my room in the middle of the night, I’m just saying…” Sehun gestured at her to stop talking. “Oh Sunhee...you mean to tell me that you snuck in your boyfriend, had with him, snuck him back out, and managed to keep it a secret from me?” Sunhee blinked. “Yes. Also the times he spent the night in your room…he snuck over to mine after you fell asleep and back into your room again before you woke up.”

 “Dude, you’ve got to teach me your sneaking methods, because that’s ninja as . How did you manage to keep quiet? The only noise that I ever heard was a soft groan then a door closing. Wait, don’t answer that, I don’t want to know what you do in bed.” Sehun waved his hands about.

“Sehun has officially lost it. Poor bastard.” Baekhyun whispered to the gawking friends.

“I’m still stuck on the fact that angelic Junmyeon isn’t a …” Chanyeol blurted.

“Right there with you, bro” Jongdae and Chanyeol fist bumped.

“Guys can we please stop talking about each other’s lives? I’d like to think I don’t know every detail of your lives.” Kyungsoo spat out.

“Fair enough, I’ll stop talking.” Sehun straightened up. “So Junmyeon, you’ve been dating my sister for a year. You do know what’s coming, right?”

Junmyeon looked at Sehun blankly. “What do you mean?”

“Oh dear God; Please don’t scare him, Sehun.” Sunhee face palmed.

Junmyeon started to look frightened. “What?”

The group of friends just smirked because they all knew what was in store for their precious hyung….

Sehun chuckled evilly.  “Meeting the parents”