20000 Words

Beautiful Target

"Remember, be yourself." His mom told him as she parked in the school's parking lot. "Mom, that's what made the other kids hate me." Baekhyun told his mother, slightly annoyed. "Well, maybe the kids at this school won't be so bad." She said, trying to cheer him up. "You need to make some friends, Baekkie." Baekhyun rolled his eyes at his mother's reminder. "No one wants to be my friend." He told her. She turned around to make eye contact with him. "Honey, that is not true. Don't tell yourself things like that."  She comforted him. "It is true..." He quietly muttered. "Okay, school's about to start and I have to get to work." She said as she leaned in and kissed her son's forehead. He unbuckled his seat belt and opened the door. "Baekhyun, fighting!" She encouraged him with a fist as he got out.

 

Baekhyun sighed as he entered his school through its front doors. This is it...the first day. He thought to himself as he took his first step. Maybe I'm worrying too much. Maybe kids at this school are different. He thought hopefully. He walked to the principal's office and talked with him to get his schedule and everything he needed. When he was done, he went to his new locker to put everything in. He took out the textbook for the first class he had and shut the door to his locker. He walked around. There was a good 5 minutes before he actually had to be in class. He saw a few students. None of them noticed him. As he was walking he heard a few of their conversations. "Park Chanyeol got a new hiding spot." "Already? That's early. He usually takes a week before finding a new one." "I heard it was outside of school. He really thinks he can outrun us." Baekhyun got curious and nervous at the same time. Who is this Park Chanyeol? He wondered. Maybe he'll turn up. After walking around a bit longer, he finally found his classroom. He knocked and waited patiently for the reply. He entered and was slightly surprised at the number of students in his class; his old school was a lot smaller. "And you are?" The teacher asked him. "Byun Baekhyun." He answered. "Right. New student?" Baekhyun nodded. "Please have a seat." He told him and Baekhyun decided not to be too picky and just sit in the first empty seat he sees. All his classes went well and Baekhyun didn't have to talk much. Luckily, he didn't embarrass himself and he doesn't think he has a reputation other than "new kid" much to his relief. 


Lunch time came and he expected everyone to go to the cafeteria or wherever else they eat, so he followed them. Surprisingly, they were on the roof. This is where they eat? Baekhyun wondered. "Yah, where is he?" He heard a lot of people say. He curiously looked around and noticed lots of people. Probably the whole school. "Quiet! Quiet!" He heard someone yell. Everyone surprisingly listened. "Park Chanyeol is no longer hiding on the roof." The loud voice stated. He heard noises of annoyance come from everyone. Why is everyone interested in Park Chanyeol? Baekhyun wondered. "We aren't sure where he is. I sent a few people to look for him." The same voice said. Baekhyun should leave and not be involved in this but he was really curious. Suddenly the roof door opened. "WE'VE FOUND HIM!" The opener yelled. Everyone charged at the door and followed the guy who claims he's found someone. Baekhyun followed too, curiosity biting him. They ended up in front of some forest behind the school. Man... These people really take things seriously... Baekhyun thought as he was breathing heavily. "Where is he?" Someone asked. "The others are chasing him. He'll be here soon." After a while Baekhyun saw someone running out of the forest, looking horrible. There were two boys chasing him. When everyone saw him, they ran to him and much to Baekhyun's horror, they started beating him up. Too scared, he ran back to the school. While running, his eyes watered as memories flooded his mind. He finally made it and he ran to the nearest restroom he could find. He made sure there was no one there as he pulled out his phone. He waited for the ringing to stop and for his mom's sweet voice to be heard. 

"Yes?"

"Mom! Come right now! Please!" He begged her.

"Are you crying?

"Mom, please..."

"I'm sorry, I can't leave work, and I already excused myself to take this call."

"Mom..."

"What happened? Tell me."

"The kids at this school...they're...they're beating someone!"

"What? Are you sure?"

"I saw it myself! Mom, I'm scared. What if they come after me?"

"I'm sorry. You'll have to bear with this day. We'll talk about it when you come from school."

"What do I do now?"

"Tell a teacher."

"No! Then I'll be the tattle tale and they'll definitely come after me!" His soft sobs were heard.

"Sweetie, don't cry. You'll make it through today, all right?"

Baekhyun nodded but then realized his mom can't see him. "Okay..."

"I have to go. Bye, Baekkie."

"Bye, mom."

He put his phone in his pocket and washed his face. He made sure he didn't look like he was crying before going somewhere to eat his lunch. He found the cafeteria and sat there. There were only a few students, unsurprisingly. He finished his lunch and went to class. Throughout the day, he made sure not to bump into anyone or do anything to provoke anyone.


Finally, school was done and he was waiting for his mom to come pick him up. She took longer than expected but she finally came. "I'm sorry, Baekkie. There was a problem with my printer." She apologized as he opened the door. He didn't say anything. "Are you still worried?" His mom asked him. "Of course. You should have been there. They were all against him! They were all...beating him..." He told her. "I'm sorry you had to see that, sweetie. But you know, if they're all after him that means they won't go after you." She tried to comfort him. "No, it doesn't." He said. "How about you make friends with the poor boy and-" she started. "No, no, no! If I'm friends with him, that's more reasons for them to go after me!" He interrupted her. "Let me finish. Become his friend. Then, his mother and I will meet and I can tell her what's been going on because I doubt he tells her anything." She said. "You want to help him?" Baekhyun asked his mother. "Of course. Don't you?" She asked him. "I'm too scared." He admitted. "Do as I tell you." She told him. "How can I become his friend without everyone knowing? They're always after him..." He wondered.

 

The next day, Baekhyun's mom dropped him off early. He decided to look around. He saw him. He was drinking water from the fountain. Baekhyun has his chance. His legs start to slightly shake because of his fear. He slowly walks toward him determined to do as his mother told him. He was stopped by the sound of someone calling him. "Yah! New kid!" He noticed 'Park Chanyeol' turn his head to the source. He looked scared, making Baekhyun scared as well. He turned slowly. "What's your name?" The boy asked. "B-Byun B-Baekhyun..." He stuttered. "Well, Byun Baekhyun, you've got a lot to learn about our school." He said, putting an arm around Baekhyun, scaring him more. He turned him around and pointed towards the shaking boy who was standing in front of the drinking fountain. "That is Park Chanyeol." The guy told him. "He's the school's target. As you know, every school has a target." Baekhyun knows it too well. "It was pretty easy choosing him. Just look at him." He laughed. Baekhyun gulped. "Will you be a boring commoner and do nothing or will you join in on the fun and give him what he deserves?" Baekhyun wanted to tell him he didn't want to be a part of this but he got tugged by his neck. "Obviously you'll choose the right decision." Baekhyun tried to breathe. This person was scaring him. "I don't want to be a part of this..." He muttered quietly. "No? Well, just to let you know: if something's to happen to Park Chanyeol, we choose from those who don't participate for the school's new target." He said threateningly. Baekhyun gulped and tried to escape the other's hold. "U-understood..." He answered. "Good." He said as he walked over to Park Chanyeol, who was still shaking. "Don't worry, I'm saving you lunch." He said as he flicked his forehand and continued his walk. Baekhyun sighed. He's never going anywhere near him.

 

The rest of the year, Baekhyun avoided Chanyeol and the creepy guy who told him about him. He also tried his best to avoid everyone else. He didn't have any friends or anyone to talk to. He was okay with it. He's never really had any friends anyway. 

 

Baekhyun was starting middle school today. Most of the kids from his elementary were there and unfortunately, many from his first school as well. "Is that Byun Baekhyun?" He was unlucky enough to hear while putting his bag in his locker. He turned to find the source. He looked dangerously familiar and Baekhyun just wanted to hide. "Remember me?" He asked, in an exaggerated friendly voice. "No hard feelings right?" He asked, finally opening his eyes. "What?" Baekhyun wondered. "Do you forgive me?" Baekhyun cocked his eyebrow. He can't be serious... He thought. "Because I feel really bad." Baekhyun wasn't sure he should believe him. Suddenly Baekhyun fell on the ground. Everyone around noticed and started laughing. "Heh. Oops." Baekhyun knew exactly what he was doing now and decided to ignore him. Not them again... He grabbed his book and ran to find his class. He entered and noticed a few people he recognized and a lot of new people. He quickly sat down since the class was about to start.



During lunch, he noticed everyone walking in the same direction. He was reluctant to follow them but he was curious. He just wanted to know if they were still after the same person or if middle school had different rules. They all went to the cafeteria. Baekhyun noticed a few students on the stage and recognized two of them. One was the creepy guy who told him about Chanyeol. He decided not to go in and to just listen. Apparently they were choosing a new target. They were forcefully gathering the other targets and Baekhyun sighed of relief for not having entered. He noticed Chanyeol. He noticed the guy who pushed him earlier talk with one of the guys on stage. Shoot... Baekhyun thought. The guy was on his way out of the cafeteria and Baekhyun knew exactly why. He ran as fast as he could to somewhere he could hide. He found a janitor's closet and asked no questions as he opened the door and threw himself in. He waited almost an hour. He must have missed class but he wanted to be sure he wasn't going to get caught. He opened the door slowly and got out. On his way to class, he didn't notice someone behind him. He grabbed Baekhyun's arm and pulled him to the cafeteria. "What?" He yelled and noticed it's the guy from earlier. Why am I so unlucky? He was dragged on stage. No one was in the cafeteria. The only people here were who Baekhyun guessed were the targets and a representative of each one. "Finally, we can start this." Baekhyun gulped. Right off the bat, half the kids were told to leave because they weren't as easy looking as the rest. They were all eliminated one by one. Eventually, only he and Chanyeol were left. "I don't know. They're both worthy. Can't we have two targets?" One asked and one shook his head. "Go with Park Chanyeol. Byun Baekhyun was also in our school and I never guessed he was a target." Chanyeol's 'representative' said. "Alright, Park Chanyeol will continue being a target. Byun Baekhyun is next." He said as he finally let them go. They both ran as quickly as the others did, eager to get to class.

 

The first few weeks weren't so great. Even though he wasn't the school's target, some people, from his first elementary school, still treat him as though he is. He was still happy though. It's way better than when he was in elementary school. Even though he's still getting slightly bullied, it's nothing compared to what happens to the school's target. Baekhyun felt pity for Chanyeol. One day, he was getting lunch and he accidentally bumped into someone. "OMG! I'm so so sorry!" Baekhyun said as he bowed ten times. The person laughed. Baekhyun looked up, confused. "It's fine." He told him. "What? Really?" Baekhyun was shocked. This was the first time someone's ever forgave him, or been nice to him for that matter. The person laughed again, noticing Baekhyun's expression. "Are you okay? Not everyone is mean here. Though it seems that way." He told him. "What's your name? You're a first year, right?" Baekhyun nodded. "I'm Byun Baekhyun." He told him. "Nice to meet you, Baekhyun. I'm Kim Minseok. A third year." Baekhyun nodded. "Want to sit next to me?" He asked, shocking Baekhyun even more. His smile looked pretty genuine though, so he agreed.


"So how are you, today?" The boy asked him. "I'm fine." Baekhyun was still a little suspicious, but happy nonetheless. "You know, you're a pretty weird kid." Minseok realized, making Baekhyun blush. "I mean, that was the first time I've ever heard a boy yell 'omg'." He laughed. "Sorry..." Baekhyun apologized, surprising Minseok. "Why sorry? You haven't done anything wrong." Baekhyun widened his eyes slightly. This guy... He thought. He smiled to himself. Minseok has officially become Baekhyun's friend and he couldn't be happier. He thought it was already a miracle that he had one friend. He'd never even think about getting more. One day, the thing he dreads most was happening. He was being forced to be in a group project. Kim Jongdae? Baekhyun thought, hearing the name of his partner. When class finished, he decided to find out who he was. He looked around and saw a boy sitting with his legs resting on his desk and he was waving at him. He decided to go up to him. "'Sup?" The boy greeted. "Hi." Baekhyun replied. "Byun Baekhyun?" The boy asked and Baekhyun nodded. "How did you know?" The boy smirked. "I was there when you were almost picked to be the school's target." He told him. "But I don't remember you." Baekhyun thought. "I was hiding." He clarified. "I'm Jongdae by the way." The boy said. "Kim Jongdae?" Baekhyun asked. "Why? You know any other Jongdaes?" He joked. Baekhyun shook his head. "Since we're going to be partners, we should get to know each other. We can skip out on torturing the target today." He said. "Oh, I don't do such things." Baekhyun told him. "Oh really? Good...neither do I. I just assumed you do."


They entered the cafeteria together. Baekhyun spotted Minseok and waved to him. When he got his attention he grabbed Jongdae's arm and pulled him there. "Hey, Minseok!" Baekhyun greeted happily. "Hi." Minseok greeted back. "You're friends with Minseok!?" Jongdae almost shouted. "Yeah, why?" Baekhyun wondered. "Jongdae's your friend too?" Minseok asked. "Well, no. We're working on a project together." Baekhyun told him. Minseok nodded. Jongdae angrily sat down. "What's the problem?" Baekhyun asked him. "No, no problem." Jongdae told him. Baekhyun and Minseok talked throughout most of the time but Jongdae would interrupt them and remind them that he was still there. "I have to go to class." Minseok told him before leaving. "See you later!" Baekhyun waved with a smile. "I can't believe you're friends with Minseok." Jongdae expressed, still angry. "What's wrong?" Baekhyun wondered. "Nothing. I just don't like him." Jongdae told him, crossing his arms. "Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. But we're not even friends so it shouldn't matter." Baekhyun told him. "Yeah you're right. We're just working on a project together." Baekhyun nodded.

 

Baekhyun's mom was surprised to see Baekhyun talking to someone when she came to pick him up. "Hey, Baekkie. Who is this?" She asked him, smiling politely. Jongdae snickered at the nickname. "Uh, this is Kim Jongdae. We have a project together so can he come over?" He asked her and she smiled. "Of course he can. It's nice to meet you, Kim Jongdae." She smiled throughout the whole ride. This was the first time Baekhyun brought anyone home. Though he told her about Minseok, he's never come over.


Baekhyun was blushing as he entered his room and Jongdae was following him, laughing to himself. "Your mom still kisses you and gives you nicknames?" He said still laughing. Baekhyun didn't answer. "How cute..." He said as Baekhyun started getting  red. "Okay, okay. I'll stop." He said, noticing his color. "I don't want you to hate me." He said as he sat on the floor, and started taking things out of his bag. Baekhyun sighed. He went next to him and did the same. Later his mom came in and asked if they needed anything. Making Jongdae laugh and Baekhyun blush again. "No, mom. We're fine." He told her. "You're sure? I can bring up the cookies. Or I can make you tea?" Baekhyun sighed. "No. It's okay." She nodded and told him to call her if he changes his mind. Surprisingly, Jongdae hugged Baekhyun. "You're too cute!" He told him, squeezing him. Baekhyun widened his eyes at the contact and his blush deepened. Jongdae was still calling him cute and he couldn't take it, he pushed him off. Jongdae widened his eyes at the sudden move. "What was that?" Jongdae asked. "S-sorry..." Baekhyun stuttered. "I just...You were too close..." He finally said. "Oh, sorry..." The rest of the time went awkwardly.


The next day, Jongdae and Baekhyun met up to talk about their project before classes start. Jongdae thought everything would be normal but Baekhyun was still awkward. "We still have today. I think if you stay a little longer today, we'll finish." Baekhyun told him nonchalantly, trying to hide his embarrassment. "Okay." Jongdae said. During lunch, Baekhyun sat with Minseok, who cheered him up. Jongdae wasn't there; they only saw each other after school. "Hey, Jongdae." He called to get his attention. "Shh." He shushed him. He pointed to the forest behind the school. Baekhyun saw someone sneaking in. "That's Park Chanyeol." He told him. "How do you know?" Baekhyun asked. "Because after school he always sneaks there before going home." He told him.  "Don't you just feel bad for him?" Jongdae wondered. "Yeah..." Baekhyun knew exactly the kind of pain Chanyeol had to go through. Baekhyun's mom finally arrived and was happy to see Jongdae again. "Hello, Jongdae. How are you today?" His mother asked. "Fine, thank you." He replied. When they arrived home the same things happened. Jongdae tried to hide his laugh but he's sure Baekhyun noticed. "I'm sorry. It's just too cute." He apologized. Baekhyun didn't say anything. This time it wasn't very awkward, so Jongdae decided to take advantage of it by laughing comfortably when Baekhyun's mom came in to ask if they wanted anything. Baekhyun was trying really hard to ignore him. 


They finished their project earlier than they expected. "Since we have time before my mom picks me up, let's do something." Jongdae suggested. "What do you want to do?" Baekhyun asked. "We should get to know each other. I don't want to just ignore you after this." Jongdae admit. "Okay. But what should we do?" Baekhyun asked. "How about we take turns asking each other questions." Jongdae suggested. Baekhyun didn't have any other ideas so he agreed. "What's your biggest fear?" Jongdae asked. "Questions like that?" Baekhyun wondered. "Of course. Don't worry, I'll answer to anything." He assured him. "Okay, I guess...being alone..." He confessed and Jongdae slightly widened his eyes. "I guess it's kind of stupid since before Minseok, I was alone." He told him. Baekhyun eyed him. "Your turn." Baekhyun told him. "Oh yeah." He was still in thought. "Same question." Baekhyun told him. There was a moment of silence before Baekhyun broke it. "You said you'll answer to anything." Baekhyun reminded him. "Oh sorry, I guess it's just…stupid." He told him. "Mine was stupid and I still told you." Jongdae sighed. "Minseok..." He whispered. "What?" Baekhyun wondered. "I'm afraid of him..." He said, embarrassed. "How can you be afraid of him? He's the nicest person ever!" Baekhyun told him. "That's just how he is now." He said. "What?" Jongdae shook his head. "That's my secret. You have to tell me your secret first." Baekhyun shook his head. "I can't." Jongdae shrugged. "Then I can't tell you my secret." Baekhyun really wanted to know. "If we share our secrets we'll be forced to be friends for life." Jongdae told him. "So, naturally, you'd have to trust me." Baekhyun thought about it. "Do you trust me?" Baekhyun asked him. "Only if you trust me." Baekhyun decided he was going to tell him. "I..." He started. "I can't. It's too shocking." He stopped himself. "Well, I can't trust you with my secret unless you trust me with yours." Jongdae told him. "I want to tell you, I just can't. Maybe if you tell me yours first?" Baekhyun asked. "Okay, I trust you." Jongdae sighed. "I...Like him..." He said nervously. Baekhyun widened his eyes. Jongdae eyed him and then looked down in embarrassment. "So you're..." Jongdae nodded, still looking down. "Me too..." Jongdae raised his head and looked at Baekhyun with shock. "You like him too?" Baekhyun shook his head. "No, I mean I'm like that too." He clarified. "Somehow someone found out and told everyone, making me the target of my first elementary. I was lucky that Park Chanyeol was already a target at my last one." Jongdae nodded. "But I don't really know why he's the target." Baekhyun admit. "No one really does." Jongdae told him. "And you?" Baekhyun asked him. "Ah. I was chosen as the target by Minseok and he's the one who's hurt me the most. I must be stupid for falling for him." Jongdae told him. "Why is he so nice?" Baekhyun wondered. "Because he regrets it. He was a stupid kid who thought he was superior to everyone. He realized how dumb he was and apologized to whoever he could. Not everyone forgave him though. Including me." Baekhyun cocked an eyebrow. "I hate him. He thinks it’s because he was my bully but, I hate him because he'll never love me..." Jongdae admit. Baekhyun rubbed his back in consolation. "There. There's nothing else that stands between us, right? We're friends?" Jongdae asked him and Baekhyun smiled. Baekhyun's mom came in and smiled as she the two boys sitting so close to each other. "Aww, you're getting close already?" She said as she laughed to herself. "Anyway, Jongdae, your mom's here." She said before she left. Jongdae got up and got his stuff ready. "Hey, Jongdae." Baekhyun called out when he was walking to the door. "I'm gonna start acting differently." He told him. Jongdae smiled, knowing what he meant.


When Baekhyun arrived to school, he was surprised to see Minseok approaching him. "Hey, Baekhyun-ah?" He called out. "Yes?" He replied. "Park Chanyeol isn't at school, today." He told him. "He's not? Thanks for telling me." He told him as he decided he should find Jongdae. He was walking around, confused because he couldn't find him. Suddenly the janitor's closet, right behind him, opened and something pulled him in. He looked up and saw some light illuminating someone's face. It was Jongdae; he looked a bit weird from the light that seemed to be coming from his phone. "Why did you..." Baekhyun started. "Chanyeol isn't here today." He told him. "I know. Minseok told me." Jongdae stopped for a second before continuing. "Which means they'll go after you." Jongdae told him. "How do you know?" Jongdae looked at him. "That's what he said, isn't it? 'Baekhyun, you're next'?" Jongdae repeated. "That means they'll go after me?" Jongdae nodded. "During lunch, you come here, got it?" Jongdae pointed an asserted finger. Baekhyun nodded. "Okay class will start soon, let's go." Jongdae said.


Right when the bell rang for lunch, Baekhyun got up and felt a tug on his arm. "Chanyeol isn't here." Someone said when he turned around. "I know..." Baekhyun told him. "You know what that means?" The person said. Baekhyun slowly backed away. "It means..." He started and the quickly ran out. The person and a few others followed him. He couldn't go in the closet now, they'd see him. A few people saw them and started chasing him as well. Eventually, most of the students were chasing him. It was a good thing Baekhyun had high stamina and was able to run for a period of time because otherwise they would have caught up by now. He decided to trick them by running in many directions and eventually lost them. He sighed but decided it was no time to rest, he ran to the janitor's closet and threw himself in. "What the hell? Did you run a marathon?" Jongdae asked, noticing him breathing heavily and somewhat sweating. "What took you so long anyway?" Jongdae asked before being shushed. "They'll hear you." Baekhyun whispered. After a long time, Baekhyun sighed. "Okay so, right when class ended, some guys started chasing me. Then, everyone was chasing me. I outran them." Baekhyun told him. "Whoa, seriously?" Jongdae laughed. "You don't look like a fast runner." He said, poking him. Baekhyun slapped his hand away. "Wanna come over again?" Baekhyun asked him. "Sure. Got nothing else to do." Jongdae said. "Don't you have other friends?" Baekhyun asked him. "I don't have any friends; I just know a lot of people." Jongdae told him. "There's a lot of people I'd like to be friends with." Jongdae thought. "Minseok?" Baekhyun joked. Jongdae glared at him. "I don't want to be his friend." He said, annoyed. "Right, I know. You wanna be his boyfriend." He continued joking and Jongdae hit him. Baekhyun just laughed.

 

Later after school, Baekhyun and Jongdae were waiting for Baekhyun's mom. Minseok came up to them. "Baekhyun-ah? I didn't see you during lunch. Did something happen?" Jongdae immediately lost his smile. "Oh sorry. I was with Jongdae." He told him. "You're friends now?" Baekhyun nodded. Minseok surprisingly smiled. "It's good that you have a friend your age." He told him and Jongdae gritted his teeth. "Well, I gotta go. Bye!" He waved and left. "Ugh, can you believe him? He thinks he can just come here and be all sweet!" Jongdae complained once he was gone. Baekhyun laughed at him. Baekhyun's mom finally came. "Oh Jongdae's here again?" She said with the same smile as before. "It's okay, right?" Baekhyun asked her. "Of course! Come on in." She told them.




 



Chanyeol POV

Chanyeol lied to his mom and told her he was sick. If only he could always do this, but he couldn't. His mom would know something is up. He just wanted a break. His best friend skipped out on school to stay with him. "Hey how are you?" He asked as he came in his room. "I'm not actually sick." He whispered. "I know. But, I think your mom can still hear me." He said after closing the door. He went to sit next to Chanyeol, on his bed. "Do you think they'll go easy on me tomorrow if I tell them I was sick?" Chanyeol asked his friend. "Why would they? You know they're gonna go after Byun Baekhyun?" He told him as he pulled out his phone. "Yeah, I know. I feel bad." He told him. "Don't worry about it. You're resting. It doesn't matter what happens to someone you don't know." He told him as he started texting someone. He laughed to himself. "Who are you texting?" Chanyeol asked him. "Ah, Jongin." He told him. Chanyeol rolled his eyes. His friend laughed every time a message came up. "Just get married already." Chanyeol joked. Suddenly the door slammed open. "Chanyeollie!" A girl yelled as she ran up to him and hugged him. "Noona~!" Chanyeol complained. "I can't believe my Chanyeollie is sick!" She said. "I'm not really sick, Noona." He told her and she got angry. "Honestly. You're never sick. You just want to skip school. One day you're actually gonna get sick and you’ll be just like the wolf boy." She complained. "Oh hey Sehun. Sorry I didn't notice you." She said to the boy who was still texting Jongin like nothing happened. "Yeah, hey." He said nonchalantly.


Later, Sehun and Chanyeol were laying doing nothing. Sehun got a text. "Apparently they chased Byun Baekhyun all around the school and lost him." Sehun told him. "Really? Wow. He must be a sport maniac or something." Chanyeol thought. He heard Sehun giggling again. "Ugh, stop flirting." Chanyeol said, annoyed. "We're not flirting, hyung. He's just really funny." Sehun told him. "Let me see." Sehun passed the phone to him. "This...this isn't funny." Chanyeol told him. "It's funny to me." Sehun shrugged as he took the phone back. "That's cuz you're in love with him, everything is funny." Chanyeol told him. Sehun laughed again and Chanyeol rolled his eyes.


 


Baekhyun was looking around. Jongdae came up to him. "Chanyeol's here today, nothing to worry about." He told him. "Oh okay." Baekhyun answered. "I can breathe then." He said, relieved. Someone Baekhyun's never seen came up to him. "Is 20 good?" He randomly asked. "What?" Baekhyun asked him, confused. "You're right, if you actually get hurt, it won't be." Baekhyun looked at Jongdae who just shrugged. "What are you talking about?" Baekhyun asked him. "Oh sorry. I'm Kim Jongin. You've heard of Park Chanyeol, right?" He asked and Baekhyun nodded. "Well, you also know he wasn't here yesterday?" Baekhyun nodded again. "You had to replace him, correct?" Baekhyun nodded again. "Right. We're making business. I'll pay you to replace him often." Baekhyun cocked an eyebrow. "Oh and I'll pay you not to speak a word of this." He said. "I don't understand." Baekhyun told him. "Chanyeol doesn't want to get beat up every day. And you seem to be good at avoiding those people. So, we'll pay you to replace him." He clarified. "You're paying him to get hurt?" Jongdae asked. "No. We're paying him to help Chanyeol avoid getting hurt." Jongin told them. "Which in turn will hurt him." Jongdae said. "No. He's good at running away. But, if you do get hurt, we'll pay you extra." Baekhyun shook his head. "I'm not gonna replace him. I don't wanna get hurt." He told him. "We're letting you choose the price. You'll be helping a lot." He told him. "Well, I'd like to help..." Baekhyun thought about it. "If you agree, make sure to ask for a lot." Jongdae whispered to him. "Okay, I'll do it. 20 to keep it a secret. 50 to replace him, 100 if I get hurt." He told him. Jongin seemed fine with the price. He straight up gave him 20$. "There you go. We'll talk later." He told them before he left. "You'll be rich in no time." Jongdae joked. "Though, if I were you, I'd've raised the price higher." Baekhyun shook his head. "Anymore and I'd be asking for money. This is okay, I think." He told him. Jongdae shrugged.


During lunch, Baekhyun was sitting with Jongdae in the closet. They grew a strange fondness for it. Baekhyun suddenly got a text. "What? HOW THE HELL DID HE GET MY NUMBER!?" Baekhyun shouted. "What?" Jongdae asked him. "That Jongin guy. He messaged me." Baekhyun told him. "Is tomorrow okay?" Baekhyun read the message out loud. "Already?" Jongdae thought.



 



"You did what!?" Chanyeol almost yelled. "I'm paying him to replace you." Jongin casually replied. "Why?" Chanyeol asked. "Isn't it obvious? We're not gonna let you just get beat up all the time." Sehun told him. "You guys planned this!?" Chanyeol asked. "Of course. You think Jongin is clever enough to do something like this on his own?" Sehun said, pretending to insult him. "I can't believe you guys are letting the innocent boy get beat up over me." He told them. "He won't get beat up. He's good." Jongin told him. "Just because he outran them once doesn't mean he always will." He told them. "I know. That's why I'll pay him extra if he gets hurt." Jongin smiled. Chanyeol sighed. "How about you take a break for the rest of the week?" Jongin suggested. "Isn't that too much?" He said. "He'll probably replace you for the whole year." Jongin told him. "I doubt it." Chanyeol told him. "Fine. Just tomorrow?" Chanyeol sighed. "Let's go shopping tomorrow!" Sehun said as he tugged the older's arm. "Fine." Chanyeol agreed.





The next day during lunch, Baekhyun was running away from the students chasing him. He wasn't really okay with replacing Chanyeol because he's still afraid of getting hurt but he thought he deserved a break. There was a moment when Baekhyun slowed down and the people almost reached him and he had to zip. It was scary, thinking he was almost in their hands. When some of them stopped chasing him to breathe, he thought it was time to lose them. He was on his way to the closet, but he saw one of them and he had to leave. So, he didn't get to see Jongdae at all. He ran throughout all of lunch. He was exhausted when it was time for class. Jongdae was in this class with him. "Yo!" He yelled when he saw him. Baekhyun was breathing heavily and was so eager to sit down, his head landed on his desk before he even sat down. "Ooh. You okay?" Jongdae asked him. "I ran." Baekhyun tried to say. "I can tell." Jongdae told him. "I ran." He repeated. "I only ran. For a whole hour, I only ran." Baekhyun told him. "Look on the bright side! This new 'Job' will keep you fit!" Jongdae told him. "Truthfully, I'd rather be out of breath like this than get beat up." Baekhyun admit. "Right, see? More brightness!" He told him.



Later, at Baekhyun's house, Jongdae was on his phone, waiting for Baekhyun to come back. "Hey, Jongdae!" He called when he came in. "Notice anything different?" He asked, walking over to him. "You're wearing eyeliner." He noticed. "Does it look good?" He asked. "Why are you wearing eyeliner?" Jongdae asked him. Baekhyun sighed. "Because I like it." Jongdae rolled his eyes. "Tell me! How does it look?" Baekhyun whined as he sat on his bed. Jongdae looked at him. "It actually suits you." He told him. Baekhyun beamed. "Really? I've been trying to get my mom to buy me my own pack. She says I should just use hers." Baekhyun complained. "If people find out you wear eyeliner, your job will become your life." Jongdae told him. "I know. I only wear it at home." He told him. Baekhyun suddenly got a message. He read it out loud. "Hey, can you do it tomorrow, too?" Baekhyun rolled his eyes. Suddenly another message came. "No, don't." Baekhyun cocked his eyebrow. "Don't listen to him, do it."  Jongdae came over to see the messages. "No, don't. Just do what you want tomorrow." Jongdae asked him what's up and Baekhyun shrugged. Baekhyun decided to reply. "What's going on?" The reply didn't take long. "Sorry, Chanyeol took my phone. He won't let me tell you to replace him. Please tell him you don't mind." Baekhyun understood. "I don't mind" he replied. "Are you sure?" Baekhyun guessed that was Chanyeol. "Yes, I'm sure." He told him. "Great, I'm gonna have to spend the lunch running again..." Baekhyun complained. "Why didn't you just tell them you don't want to?" Jongdae asked. "What's the point? I said I'd do it." Baekhyun told him.



Tomorrow morning, Baekhyun took Jongdae to Minseok. "Hey, Minseok, do you mind staying with Jongdae during lunch?" Baekhyun asked him. "What are you doing!?" Jongdae asked. "Because if you don't, he'll just hide in the closet!" Baekhyun said, smirking, while elbowing Jongdae who just glared at him. "Uh, sure." He said. "I hate you." Jongdae whispered to Baekhyun. "I know you don't." Baekhyun whispered back.



"So how'd it go?" Baekhyun asked Jongdae when they were waiting for his mom to come pick them up. "Ugh, I swear you better do something to make up for it." Jongdae complained. "I already did." Baekhyun said as he smiled innocently. "Baekhyun, you don't understand. I can't be around him. I might do something embarrassing!" He told him. "What like blush or stutter? You don't do those things." Baekhyun told him. "No. I might kiss him or something." He told him. "Oh." Baekhyun realized. "You can't control yourself?" He wondered. "Sometimes I can't." He told him. "That's why I avoid him."


At the end of the week, Baekhyun got a text. "Let's meet up." It was Jongin and Baekhyun agreed. He told him to bring Jongdae and meet them at an ice cream shop not far from school on Saturday. He did as told. Baekhyun recognized Chanyeol and Jongin but there was someone else he's never seen. They sat down. "Thanks for coming." Jongin told him. "It's no problem" Baekhyun told them. "Thanks for replacing me sometimes." Chanyeol thanked him. Baekhyun's never seen Chanyeol this close up, neither has he heard him talk. He found Chanyeol to be handsome and his deep voice affected him. He smiled as he told him he didn't mind. Baekhyun unconsciously watched Chanyeol more than he should have. "Are you satisfied with the way things are going or do you have any suggestions of improvement?" Jongin asked him. "Stop acting professional." Sehun scolded him. "I'm okay." Baekhyun answered, still staring at Chanyeol. When they were all done, they were fighting over who was to pay. "You're already paying me, I should pay for this." Baekhyun insisted. "But won't you be paying with the money I gave you already?" Jongin retorted. "Just let him pay!" Sehun yelled at Jongin. Baekhyun smiled when it seemed like he had won.



"Isn't Chanyeol tall?" Baekhyun asked Jongdae when they were at his home. "I guess." He answered nonchalantly. "His hair is nice." Baekhyun continued. "His ears are weird but they suit him." Jongdae eyed him. "I think Chanyeol looks best when he smiles, what do you think?" Jongdae smirked. "What?" Baekhyun wondered and Jongdae got up to go sit closer to Baekhyun. "You like him." He told him. "Hmm?" Baekhyun wondered. "Aww, you really like him!" He said as he hugged him. "What are you talking about? I barely met him." Baekhyun told him. "You're so obvious, it's cute." Jongdae told him. "Tell me, Baekkie. Did your heart beat when you looked at him?" Jongdae asked him. "Well, now that you mention it, it was. I think it still is a little." Baekhyun told him. "Awww!" Jongdae expressed, squeezing Baekhyun harder. "You're too cute, Baekhyun!" Jongdae told him. "You think I like him?" Baekhyun asked him. "You totally do!" Jongdae exclaimed. Baekhyun thought a little. He smiled and blushed lightly. "Yeah, I do." He admit and Jongdae squealed again.



The next time Baekhyun had to replace Chanyeol, he couldn't think straight so, he ran slower than usual and the kids caught up with him. They beat him until the bell rang. Baekhyun was in too much pain to move. Jongdae eventually found him, behind the school. "Oh my gosh! Baekhyun! What did they do to you!?" Jongdae yelled as he ran to him. "Are you stupid? Why are you smiling?" Jongdae asked him when he noticed his smile. "Because I just saved Chanyeol from a beating." He said. Jongdae face palmed. "Ugh, you're so stupid." He said as he helped him up.



 


"Hey did you notice Baekhyun staring at Chanyeol when we went to eat ice cream?" Jongin asked Sehun. "Yeah. You think he likes him?" Jongin smiled. "Should we tell him?" Sehun shook his head. "Let's let him fall in love too." Chanyeol walked in. "What are you talking about?" Chanyeol asked them. "What do you think about Baekhyun?" Sehun asked him. "He's okay, I guess. Why?" He wondered. "We were just curious." He told him. "Will you hang out with him again?" Chanyeol shrugged. "If he wants to." He told them.


 


After a few weeks, Jongin asked to meet up again. Baekhyun was ecstatic, because he'll see Chanyeol again. They were at a ramen shop this time. "What's this meeting for exactly?" Jongdae wondered. "Nothing, really. We're just trying to become closer." Jongin told him. "You probably don't want to be close with Jongin." Sehun joked. They talked for a while. Baekhyun was too nervous to stare at Chanyeol. He still took glances though. Sehun and Jongin kept asking Baekhyun questions and asking Chanyeol to reply. When Chanyeol excused himself to use the restroom, Jongdae, who noticed everything, asked them about it. "What are you talking about?" Jongin asked him. "It's obvious you're trying to get Chanyeol and Baekhyun to talk." Jongdae told him. "Is it?" Jongin wondered. "I didn't notice." Baekhyun told him. "That's cuz you're only paying attention to Chanyeol." He whispered. "So he does like him?" Jongin seemed to have heard. "Uh, I didn't say that." Jongdae tried to say. "We figured it out so, we were trying to get Chanyeol to like him too." Jongin said. "Really?" Baekhyun asked, face lighting up. Sehun smiled and nodded. Chanyeol came back. "What are you talking about?" He wondered. "School." Sehun told him. "We have a test yet we're hanging out here." Sehun joked. Chanyeol laughed, taking Baekhyun by surprise. He grabbed Jongdae's arm and pulled it. Jongdae gave a knowing smile.

 


The rest of the year went similarly. Baekhyun would replace Chanyeol often and all five of them would meet up sometimes and Baekhyun would complain to Jongdae afterwards. Minseok was in high school now and Baekhyun would be lucky if he saw him at the beginning or end of school because, although the middle school and high school are in the same building, they start at different times. Baekhyun wished he'd hang out with him a little more before the end of the year. Jongdae is relieved. "Now we can actually sit in the cafeteria." He would say. They'd still have to go into the closet when Baekhyun replaces Chanyeol though. It is the first day of their second year in middle school, meaning all the new middle schoolers have to line up their targets and see if they should replace their current. Baekhyun was sitting in the audience this time with Jongdae, Sehun and Jongin. Chanyeol was on stage. There were a lot of students that made sense to be the target but, they ended up choosing Chanyeol. "Byun Baekhyun, is he here?" The person who chose Chanyeol called out. Baekhyun stood up. "You know the drill." He simply said, to which Baekhyun nodded.

 

They were all sitting together in the cafeteria, during lunch, except Chanyeol, who was being chased by everyone. "I feel bad." Baekhyun admit. "This would have happened anyway." Sehun told him. "Is this what you normally do when Chanyeol is being chased?" Baekhyun asked. "Of course. No one knows I'm his friend." He told them. "Why?" Baekhyun wondered. "I'm pretty popular and so are Jongin and the rest of our friends. If even one of us gets found out for being his friend, everything will get corrupt because they'd chase all the popular people and they wouldn't be popular anymore, there would be more people getting beat up and no one would trust anyone anymore. We're doing this for the good of the people. Kind of." Sehun told them. "You mean, all the popular kids are friends with Chanyeol and are keeping it a secret?" Baekhyun asked. Sehun nodded. "Being popular consists of either being rich, famous or good looking." Sehun told them. "Chanyeol is all those things. Except no one knows." Jongin told them. "What?" Baekhyun shockingly said. "He's famous?" He repeated. "His family is." Sehun specified. "It's too bad, isn't it? He could have been popular!" Sehun told them. "Why is he the target anyway?" Baekhyun asked them. "Don't know. Maybe he does, but he won't tell anyone." Sehun answered. Two minutes until the bell's meant to ring, Chanyeol came. "They let me go. I don't know why." He told them as he sat down. He looked horrible; it was obvious he got beat up. Baekhyun couldn't help himself; he gave Chanyeol a big hug. Chanyeol was surprised. "Oh~! I'm so sorry!" Baekhyun expressed. Chanyeol blinked twice. When he realized what he was doing, he immediately let go and apologized while bowing a million times. Chanyeol found himself laughing. Baekhyun's blush deepened and it was his turn to widen his eyes in surprise. "Thanks for worrying. You're so cute." Chanyeol told him, patting his head. The bell rang before anything else could happen. Sehun, Jongin and Chanyeol left first. Baekhyun tugged Jongdae's arm. "Jongdae~!" he whined, pulling hard. Jongdae sighed. "It'll only get harder." He told him.

 

At home, Baekhyun was punching his pillow. Jongdae was watching him. "You're hopeless." Jongdae told him. "I know..." He said as he stopped. "I swear I'm gonna jump on him if he does that to me again." He said, putting the pillow behind him and laying on it. "Honestly, I'd like to see that happen." Jongdae joked, earning a glare from the other. "Kidding. You should just avoid him, like I do with Minseok." Jongdae told him. "He's supposed to be my friend. It would be weird." Baekhyun told him. Jongdae shrugged. "Don't let him touch you, like how he pet you." Jongdae smirked. "Aah! Don't remind me! It felt so nice!" Baekhyun complained. Jongdae laughed. 


Lunchtime again; Jongin, Sehun, Chanyeol and Jongdae were in the closet. "Move your fat !" Sehun yelled at Jongin who was sitting next to him. "I'm barely touching you!" Jongin yelled again. Sehun pushed him on the floor. "Ow!" Jongin yelled, to let Sehun know he's in pain. Sehun just smirked and shrugged. "You guys are weird." Jongdae told them. "It's him." Sehun said, pointing to Jongin. Jongin angrily crawled to sit next to Jongdae. Sehun stuck his tongue out for Jongin. "I didn't want you to sit next to me anyway." Sehun told him. Jongin pouted and Sehun laughed as he noticed. Jongdae sighed. The door suddenly opened and someone jumped in. The person was Baekhyun and he landed in Chanyeol's lap. When Baekhyun opened his eyes, he screamed and jumped in Jongdae's arms. Baekhyun was making whining noises and Jongdae was trying to calm him down. "What's wrong?" Chanyeol wondered. "Ah, they must've hurt him." Jongdae lied. "I'm sorry." Chanyeol apologized. "I didn't know they were here..." Baekhyun whispered. "I thought it was obvious." Jongdae told him and Baekhyun shook his head. 

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun had a common class. Baekhyun had no idea. The teacher paired someone with Chanyeol and he openly insulted him. "There's no way I can work with someone like that." So, the teacher made him and Baekhyun switch partners. That's how Baekhyun found out they were in the same class, because they had to be partners. Baekhyun was standing in front of Chanyeol's desk with a shocked expression, now. His eyes were wide and his mouth was hanging open. Chanyeol just blinked, waiting for him to explain his shock. Baekhyun finally regained himself and shook his head. "Sorry. I just... I didn't know we had the same class." Baekhyun admit. "We had one last year, too." Chanyeol told him. "Seriously? Wow...sorry." He apologized again. Chanyeol shook his head. "It's fine." He told him. "So, where should we meet up?" Baekhyun asked him. "I hope you don't mind if it's my house? I feel more comfortable there." Chanyeol told him. Baekhyun felt the same way but decided not to tell him. "Unless you can't, then it's totally fine." Chanyeol told him. "Um, it's okay. We'll go to your house." Baekhyun told him, nodding.

 

When school was done, Baekhyun was following Chanyeol to the same forest that was behind the school. "I hope you don't mind." Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun shook his head. Chanyeol led Baekhyun through a way that required no effort to pass. They went to Chanyeol's room. Baekhyun was blushing the whole time. He knew it was probably obvious, he hoped Chanyeol dismisses it as just nervousness or something. "Do you want to start right away?" Chanyeol wondered and Baekhyun nodded. At one point, they had to draw something and Baekhyun was having trouble. "How are you doing?" Chanyeol asked him. "Uh...I'm not really sure how to do this..." Baekhyun said laughing awkwardly. Chanyeol went behind him and put his hands on Baekhyun's to position them correctly. Baekhyun's heart started pounding. "Keep this hand here. Put this one like this." Chanyeol was telling him while moving his hands. Baekhyun wasn't paying attention to what he was saying; he was mentally stopping himself from kissing Chanyeol. It took every fiber of his being not to lash out. When Chanyeol let go, Baekhyun was able to breathe. "Get it?" Chanyeol asked him, as he sat next to him. "What's wrong?" He asked as he noticed Baekhyun's face. "I...have to go..." Baekhyun's voice was barely over a whisper. "Oh...okay." He said. Baekhyun didn't seem like he was going to move so Chanyeol grabbed his bag for him and gave it to him. "See you tomorrow?" Chanyeol said as Baekhyun walked to the door. Baekhyun was slightly shaking as he reached for the door knob. He didn't answer, he couldn't answer. He exited the room and ran to the front door. When Baekhyun was outside, he continued running until he made it to a convenience store. He sat on the floor and put his hand on his chest. He took this chance to breathe. After a moment, he took out his phone and texted his mom to come pick him up and Jongdae to meet him at his house.

 

Baekhyun immediately hugged Jongdae when he saw him. "I can hear your heartbeat." Jongdae told him. "I know...it won't stop..." Baekhyun told him as he went to sit on his bed. "What happened?" Jongdae asked, following him. "He was so close to me! He touched my hands! I almost kissed him! I never wanna see him again!" Baekhyun almost yelled. "Whoa..." Jongdae replied. "I swear Jongdae; I'm not going to school tomorrow or ever again!" Baekhyun told him, hugging him again. "Don't exaggerate." Jongdae told him. "I'm not. I really won't go to school." Baekhyun told him. Jongdae sighed. "I'm still going to school." Jongdae told him. "You're different. You don't even see Minseok anymore because you're not the same age. I have to see him every day, plus I have to replace him sometimes." Baekhyun reminded him. "Would your mom really let you skip school?" Jongdae asked. "She doesn't have to know..." Jongdae eyed him. "She'll understand." Baekhyun said. "Will she?" Baekhyun nodded. "I'm sure she will. Watch." He said and he went to call her. They both came in a minute later. "What is it, Baekkie?" She asked. "I don't want to go to school." Baekhyun told her. "You're sick? I suppose you can stay in tomorrow." She told him. "No, no. I'm fine. And I mean at all." Baekhyun clarified. "Oh? Why is that? Did something happen?" She asked him. "Well...there is someone I really don't want to see..." He told her. "Boy problem?" She asked. Baekhyun nodded. "Oh, honey." She said, hugging him. "You can't skip school because of a boy." She tried to convince him. "But, I really don't want to see him." He repeated. "Then don't. Go to school and avoid him." She told him. "I have to see him. We're kind of friends. And I have to work with him on something." Baekhyun told her. "How about I let you stay until the due date. Tell him you're too sick to work on it. Then avoid him." She told him. "Really?" His mom nodded. "Thanks, mom!" He said, hugging her. "But you have to go after that!" She warned him and he nodded. She left them after that. Baekhyun sighed. "I didn't actually think she'd let you stay." Jongdae admit. "Isn't my mom the best?" Baekhyun expressed happily. He took out his phone and messaged Jongin to tell Chanyeol since he didn't have Chanyeol's number. After he messaged Jongin, he got a message from an unknown number. "You're sick!? No wonder your face was so red! I hope you get better soon! Don't worry, I'll work on the project by myself, I don't mind." He assumed it was Chanyeol. He got a message from Jongin. "I just gave him your number, hope you don't mind." He replied to both of them before putting his phone back in his pocket. "Stay with me!" Baekhyun begged Jongdae. "It's only until Friday!" Baekhyun told him. "I don't know. I have things to do." Jongdae told him. Baekhyun pouted. "Fine. I'm sure it's fine to miss one test. I mean I'd rather spend time with my Baekkie than take a test anyway." He said as he tickled him. Baekhyun giggled at the contact.

 

The next day, after school, Baekhyun got a text. "Please tell me where you live. I want to visit you to make sure you're getting better." It was Chanyeol and Baekhyun really didn't want him to. He didn't want to be rude though. "Just tell him you're too sick that you might contaminate him." Jongdae advised. Baekhyun thought that was a good idea and told Chanyeol just that. "I'll bring a mask. I really want to check up on you." Baekhyun sighed. "Desperate." Jongdae commented. "I won't bring Sehun and Jongin if that's what you want." Said the next text. Baekhyun eventually agreed. "Actually please bring them." He replied. He put his face in his hands. "I'm only pretending to be sick so that I don't see him." Baekhyun complained.

 

They eventually came. Baekhyun was laying in bed and Jongdae helped him look sick. "Oh my gosh! You're really sick! This is probably my fault somehow!" Chanyeol yelled as he ran to his bed and set down a basket. "I brought you a fruit basket." He told him. Baekhyun started blushing again. "And your face is red again!" Chanyeol complained as he put his hand on Baekhyun's forehead. Baekhyun's heart was repeating the same actions as yesterday. Sehun and Jongin whispered something to Jongdae. "Chanyeol, don't touch him." Jongdae scolded. Chanyeol retracted his hand. "He's so hot!" Chanyeol told them. Baekhyun's mom came in, she was helping them. "Baekkie~! I made you some soup~!" She sang as she gave him a bowl of soup. "Hmm? What's wrong?" She whispered as she noticed his red face. Jongdae pulled her the side where Chanyeol wouldn't hear. "That's the boy Baekhyun's trying to avoid." He whispered. "Oh? Why is he here?" She whispered back. "Because he's stubborn and he wanted to see him." Sehun came and whispered. "You know too?" She asked. "Me too." Jongin told her as Sehun nodded. "Why was I the last person he told? I'm usually the first." She complained. "Don't worry about it. He didn't really tell us." Sehun told her. "Well, I should get back to work." She said as she opened the door. Halfway out and she whispered: "Let me know if anything happens." Sehun and Jongin nodded while Jongdae raised a thumb. Later, Chanyeol was showing Baekhyun what he did for their project. Chanyeol would make a joke when he got the chance and Baekhyun would laugh. A few minutes later, and they were still talking. Sehun, Jongin and Jongdae were watching them absentmindedly. "Think they forgot about us?" Jongin wondered. "I always forget about you." Sehun joked. Jongdae rolled his eyes.

 

Baekhyun decided it was okay to go to school now. It was less awkward. The next day during lunchtime, Baekhyun was standing in front of the table in the cafeteria. Jongdae was already sitting and they were waiting for Jongin and Sehun. Someone suddenly hugged Baekhyun. He turned his head and saw Chanyeol. "Ch-Chanyeol!?" He called out, shocked. Chanyeol let go. "Sorry. I'm just glad to see you're feeling better." He said smiling until he noticed Baekhyun's red face. "Or maybe you're still sick?" Sehun and Jongin were behind him. "Why is he here!?" Baekhyun asked them. "I don't know, it's weird." Sehun told him. "They didn't go after him." Jongin told him. "You shouldn't be near him then, right?" Baekhyun wondered. "They told us to 'watch him' whatever that means." Sehun told him. Later, someone came to them. "Park Chanyeol." He called out and he nodded in acknowledgement. "We'll get to you in about a week. Take advantage." He told him and Chanyeol pointed at him and raised his eyebrow in a way that says 'you know I will'. "Okay, what's going on?" Baekhyun asked him. Chanyeol shrugged.

 

For the whole week, they had an excuse to hang out together though; they still had no idea why. Someone came up to them again. "Park Chanyeol." He called. Chanyeol nodded. "Looks like it'll take more than a week." He told him and Chanyeol nodded again. "Do you even know why?" Baekhyun wondered. "Nope." Baekhyun sighed. Later, Baekhyun saw someone he knew was one of the people who bully the target. "Do you know why no one chased Chanyeol?" Baekhyun asked him. "Park Chanyeol?" He asked and Baekhyun nodded. "There was a transfer who was openly gay and we wanted to kick him out of the school." He told him. "Why?" Baekhyun wondered. "I just told you, he's gay." He repeated. "We're going extra on him. He ended up telling his parents though. We're gonna go harder until they can't do anything." He told him. "So Chanyeol gets a break." Baekhyun nodded. "Anything else?" Baekhyun shook his head. "Good. Now, get lost." Baekhyun nodded and ran away. He texted Jongin and Jongdae what he learned. He had Chanyeol in his next class so he just told him. "Oh, I know about that." Chanyeol told him. "You said you didn't." Baekhyun asked. "Is that what you were talking about? I misunderstood." Baekhyun rolled his eyes and went to take his seat.

 

A few days passed and they were back to chasing Chanyeol. The rest of the year passed the same way. They were in high school now. The first day of school, Baekhyun saw Minseok and they hugged. "Two years feels like forever. So many things happened." Baekhyun exclaimed. "Same for me." Minseok told him. Jongdae was just watching them with a bitter expression. "I see you're still the same." Minseok greeted him. Jongdae rolled his eyes and looked away. Sehun and Jongin came up to them. "So, we won't see each other meaning, Chanyeol's all yours." Sehun told them. "Oh right. I keep forgetting you're both a year younger than us." Baekhyun told them. "Chanyeol's not here yet. We have to get to class." Sehun told them before he and Jongin left. "Bye!" Baekhyun waved them off. "Our classes start in 30 minutes." Minseok told them. "Oh yeah. Jongdae, when Chanyeol comes, we have to go see our schedules!" Baekhyun reminded him. A few minutes later, Baekhyun saw Chanyeol walking through the entrance. "What, Chanyeol, did you just come through the front gate?" Baekhyun asked incredulously. "Umm, yeah?" Chanyeol answered quietly. "How strange..." Baekhyun told him. "W-what are you talking about? People should come in through the front gate." Chanyeol told him as a woman peeked through the gate. "Yo." She greeted. Everyone eyed her curiously. "Are you Channie's friends?" She asked as she rested her arms on 'Channie's' head. "Who are you?" Jongdae asked her. "Park Yoora!" She said as she made a V with her hand. "My sister." Chanyeol told them. "I think they would've figured it out." Yoora told him. "They could have thought you were my mom." Chanyeol told her. "I don't look that old!" She yelled as she punched his head. "Why is your sister here?" Baekhyun asked him. "What? You think I don't go to school?" She joked. "Noona, I think they know you're not in school." Chanyeol told her and she glared at him. "Well, fine. I'm here to check on my Chanyeol. High school is a totally different experience and there's a chance for him to get bullied. I'm here to make sure that doesn't happen." She said as she winked and pointed at herself. "And who are you?" Baekhyun asked her. She got angry again. "She was very popular when she was in school." Minseok told him. "Don't say it like that! You make it seem like it's been ages since I graduated." Yoora complained. "Anyway, everyone knows me. I'll just let them know Chanyeol is my brother." She told them. "We don't know you." Baekhyun told her. "I mean the people who were in high school with me. Sure the first years won't know me. Unless they had an older brother." She said as she giggled to herself. "Anyway, let's go!" She said as she started walking. "The students will hold that meeting. If she finds out I'm the target, who knows what'll happen." Chanyeol whispered. "I have an idea. I'll go talk with the guy, and see if he can do it tomorrow or something." Baekhyun whispered back and Chanyeol nodded. "Minseok, Jongdae, you guys come too." Baekhyun told him. "Ah. Sorry. I have to use the toilet." Minseok said as he ran away. Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. Jongdae shook his head. "He doesn't. He won't go because the guys know him." Jongdae told him and Baekhyun made a sound when he realized what he meant. "Hey! Are you guys coming or what!?" Yoora yelled when she realized no one was following her. "I'm coming, Noona!" Chanyeol yelled as he ran up to her. "Let's go, Jongdae." Baekhyun said as they hurried to the cafeteria. "Distract her." Baekhyun whispered as he passed by Chanyeol, who nodded.

 

Baekhyun and Jongdae made it to the stage where a few guys were getting things ready. Baekhyun spotted the guy they were looking for. "Yah." He called. "Byun Baekhyun?" Baekhyun nodded. "About Chanyeol." Baekhyun started. "Park Chanyeol?" Baekhyun rolled his eyes and nodded. "His sister is here." Baekhyun told him. "So? I don't care about his sister." He told them. "His big sister." Baekhyun précised. "Oh." The guy realized what he meant. "You guys are just going to choose Chanyeol no matter what, right?" Baekhyun asked. "...yeah?" The guy's expression turned colder as he realized Baekhyun noticed. "So, just hold this meeting thing tomorrow when his sister isn't here." Baekhyun suggested. "I can't. It's scheduled. Everyone's going to come. However, I can hold a fake meeting with a fake target and then just tell everyone the truth tomorrow." He told him. "Oh, that works too. Thanks!" Baekhyun thanked him. "No problem. Now scram!" He yelled and Baekhyun and Jongdae wasted no second.

 

Classes were about to start and Yoora had to go. "I'll come back during lunch." She told them as she started leaving. Chanyeol sighed. "What's wrong?" Baekhyun asked him. "I love her just, not in public." Baekhyun nodded, understanding. "I often came home covered in bruises. I lied and told her that it was from the forest I hang out in but, she was never convinced." Chanyeol told him. Later, when the bell rang for lunch, Chanyeol opened the door to leave and was surprised to see his sister's face. "Annyeong~!" She greeted. "Noona..." Chanyeol complained. "Don't be like that! Aren't you happy to see your sister again!?" Yoora complained. "That's not it..." He looked behind him and noticed everyone looking at them. "Ha! You're embarrassed? Hahahaha!" She started laughing. "Noona..." Chanyeol called her. "Sorry, Chanyeol. You're just too cute!" She said as she hugged him. "Let's go meet your friends!" She said loudly. Chanyeol groaned. "What? You wanna hang out just the two of us?" She wondered. They came in the cafeteria and went over to where Jongdae and Baekhyun were sitting. "I never got your names?" She asked them. "I'm Byun Baekhyun." He told her. "Kim Jongdae." Yoora nodded. "It's nice to meet you." They both sat down. Lunch passed by and so did the rest of the day.

 

The next day, Chanyeol was greeted with the guy Baekhyun talked to about the meeting. "Yah. Yesterday you were excused. Don't think you have a reason to run away anymore. Got it?" He threatened him as he trapped him against the wall. Chanyeol nodded nervously. The guy glared at him a little longer before leaving. Chanyeol sighed when he was alone. Baekhyun came up to him. "Chanyeol!" He called. "Hey, Baekhyun." He greeted back. "How's it going?" He asked. "Fine." He answered simply. Baekhyun kept looking at him. "What is it?" Baekhyun shook his head. "Nothing really..." He said. Jongdae came up to them. "Hey Jongdae!" Baekhyun greeted. Jongdae nodded. "What's wrong?" Baekhyun wondered. Jongdae furrowed his brows. Baekhyun cocked his. "I need to go to class." Chanyeol said as he began to leave. "Strange...we still have 15 minutes..." Baekhyun thought. Jongdae turned his head. "Come on, tell me!" Baekhyun begged. "Minseok is in most of my classes." Jongdae told him. "Oh?" Baekhyun answered. "I'm forced to see him every day. That blasted teacher assigned us to sit next to each other. Now, I have to talk to him too!" He complained. "It can't be helped!" Baekhyun shrugged. "What? Don't you care at all?" Jongdae asked him. "Of course. But think about it, Jongdae! What if it's a sign? Talk to him." Baekhyun told him. "What? What if I do something stupid!?" Jongdae asked him. "Come on. You can control yourself if I can." Baekhyun told him. "Fine! I'll talk to him once! Depending on how that goes, I'll see if I'll keep talking to him." Jongdae agreed. 

 

During lunch Baekhyun was sitting on the table, waiting for Jongdae to come. When he did, he walked robotically towards the table and then punched it with all his force. Baekhyun jumped from the shock. "Damn you, Kim Minseok!" He yelled after the table broke in half. "Uh...Jongdae...?" Baekhyun cautiously called out. Jongdae looked up and his face scared Baekhyun even more. "Please calm down..." He begged him. After a few seconds, he did. He pulled another table to where they were and pushed the broken one out of the way like it was no big deal. "Sorry..." He apologized. "What happened?" Baekhyun asked him. "I asked him a simple question and, ugh! I can't. If I think about it, I'll get angry again..." Jongdae told him. "Fine. But definitely tell me later, okay?" Baekhyun asked him. "Sure, sure." Jongdae answered. 

 

After school, they met up with Chanyeol. "How'd your day go?" Baekhyun asked him. "Well, to make up for yesterday, they gave me an extra beating." His face was bleeding. "Shouldn't your teachers have noticed?" Baekhyun asked him. "They did...I told them I hit a few branches. I don't know if they believed me..." Chanyeol told them. "Good luck with your sister if they tell her." Baekhyun told him. Chanyeol nodded. Chanyeol left after that. Baekhyun and Jongdae went to Baekhyun's house.

 

"Alright, now you have to tell me what happened." Baekhyun told him. "Fine... There was a question I couldn't understand so..."

 


This is it! What Baekhyun wanted! Just ask him a question and I pass! Now, how do I call him? "Yo!" That was so stupid!!! Minseok turned his head to look at him. Jongdae was smiling nervously. "Uhh...h-help me with this question..." He said as he pointed to a question. Minseok eyed him before looking at his paper. "What? This one?" He said before laughing. Why is he laughing!? Dammit!! "This one's easy! Here." He said before solving it for him. "Yah! Did I ask you to do it!? I only wanted to know how to do it!" He yelled. Minseok shrugged. "It's easier this way." Jongdae gritted his teeth. "What's the problem?" Minseok said as he leaned in and smirked. He laughed again before going back to his paper.


 

Jongdae was now suffocating himself with the pillow. Baekhyun was eyeing him. "Not only does he mock me, but he has to laugh so cutely...." Jongdae whined. Baekhyun laughed. "Is that it? You're worrying because of that? You're so cute, Jongdae!" Baekhyun told him. Jongdae removed the pillow and he was blushing. "Hey, I'm not supposed to be cute! You're the cute one!" Jongdae complained and Baekhyun went to him and tweaked his cheek. "Yah~!" Baekhyun giggled. 

The next day, they were talking again. "They didn't tell my sister and I took care of it home, so, Nothing to worry about!" Chanyeol told them. "Chanyeol, let me replace you today." Baekhyun told him. "No way! I'm not going to let you replace me at all!" Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. "Why not?" He wondered. "Before it was because of Sehun. Now, there's nothing making me!" He said before he got hit on the head. "Stupid! We're helping you!" Sehun yelled at him. "Ow..." Chanyeol whined as he held his head. "Shouldn't you be in class?" Chanyeol asked him. "It doesn't start for 2 minutes!" Sehun told him. "Baekhyun don't listen to him. We'll skip class and kidnap you if we have to." Sehun told them. "Why can't you let me do things my way?" Chanyeol complained. "Because your way isn't good." Sehun said. "Oh, yeah. Jongdae." Baekhyun called him. "Talk to Minseok again." Baekhyun told him. "Are you crazy?" Jongdae asked him. "Baekhyun, you'll replace him, won't you?" Sehun asked. "Of course!" He told him. "We have 50 seconds." Jongin told Sehun. "Your class is on the other side of the building." Chanyeol reminded them. "You think we don't know that?" Sehun told him. "We have to go." They said before walking away. "Talk to him." Baekhyun repeated. "Talk to who?" Chanyeol wondered. "Ah...someone..." Baekhyun told him. "Keeping secrets from me?" Chanyeol speculated. "Fine, I'm keeping secrets from you anyway." He said as he shrugged. "What? Why?" Baekhyun asked him. "I should ask you the same thing." Chanyeol told him. "Right, Baekhyun? You both know each other like open books. Same with me and Sehun. You and I, though, we know nothing of each other." Baekhyun widened his eyes when he realized this. "Well, whatever! We're not really friends anyway!" Chanyeol said as he walked away. Jongdae put his arm around Baekhyun. "Don't worry about it." Jongdae told him. "It's true though. Honestly, I fell in love with a complete stranger." Baekhyun told him. "He's wrong though. You got hit for him. That should make you friends for sure." Jongdae told him. "I'm being paid to do it." Baekhyun suddenly widened his eyes. "I'm being paid to do it...." He realized. Jongdae widened his eyes as well. Baekhyun pulled out his phone and texted Jongin. "I just realized it? I've been doing this for 3 years! He probably thinks I'm in it for the money. I honestly thought I was helping him out." Baekhyun told him.

 

During lunch, Baekhyun escaped the students and went in the closet like always. When he shut the door he saw everyone he was expecting. Jongin and Sehun were holding Chanyeol, who's clearly unhappy, and Jongdae was sitting on some boxes. "Okay." Baekhyun sighed. "Jongin, Sehun, thank you for missing your classes for this." Baekhyun started off by thanking them. "Don't even mention it." Sehun told him. "Anyway, I'm not doing this anymore." Baekhyun told them. "What? You don't want to replace Chanyeol anymore?" Sehun asked him. "No, I don't want to get paid for it anymore." Baekhyun précised. "Oh. Why not? It's a double deal. Chanyeol doesn't get hurt and you get paid." Sehun told him. "Well, I'm only replacing him so that he gets a break. Getting paid was a bonus. I don't need to get paid to replace him." Baekhyun told them. "We really don't mind. It's nothing." Jongin told him. "I know. But I refuse to get paid. Pay me, and I won't replace him." Baekhyun told them. "Okay. We won't pay you anymore." Jongin told him. "Why am I here for this?" Chanyeol asked. "Because I want you to hear everything." Baekhyun told him. "Okay, I get it. You don't want to get paid well, I don't even want you to replace me." He said. Sehun glared at him. "What? It's my body! You'd think I got a say on whether or not I get beaten." He said annoyed. "As your friend, I think I have the right to pull you away from such a thing." Sehun told him. "No, you don't. There's a real reason I'm always the target. Baekhyun doesn't need to get hurt because I want to have a break." Chanyeol told him. "There's a reason I'm the 'second' target, you know. I don't know your reason, but my reason is pretty serious." Baekhyun told him. "I don't know what your reason is either. I doubt it's more serious than mine." Chanyeol told him. "No, I'm pretty sure mine is more serious." Baekhyun countered. "If you find out what my reason is, you'll agree with me." Chanyeol told him. "If you find out what my reason is, you won't ever want to see me again." Baekhyun told him. Chanyeol got quiet after that. "Really?" Baekhyun nodded. "Okay...I won't argue with you then." Chanyeol told him. "Thank you." Baekhyun told him. "Man, now I'm curious..." Jongin said. "Will you guys ever tell us?" He asked them. Baekhyun furiously shook his head. "Maybe in like 10 years. When it's no longer relevant." Chanyeol told him. "Mine will always be relevant..." Baekhyun said. "How can it always be relevant?" Chanyeol asked him. "It's because it's something I can't help." Baekhyun told him. "Mine is something I can't help either." Chanyeol told him. They both looked at each other in confusion. "Okay, okay. We dealt with everything right?" Jongdae asked. "Yeah." Baekhyun answered. Baekhyun unexpectedly held out his hand. Chanyeol eyed him. He looked serious so, Chanyeol gave him his hand. Although Baekhyun was blushing, he kept a serious face as held Chanyeol's hand. "Are we friends?" Baekhyun asked him. "You did this so we can be friends?" Chanyeol asked him. "We can't just become friends." Chanyeol told him. "I'm getting beat for you." Baekhyun told him. "So? Did I ask you to get beat?" Chanyeol asked him. Chanyeol let go of Baekhyun's hand. "If you want us to be friends you have to do something." Chanyeol told him. Baekhyun was upset, he hoped he'd become Chanyeol's friend. Since he failed, he decided to leave and let the students find him. When they did, he just stood in his place and let them do what they want. Chanyeol found them and told them to stop. "Wait, Chanyeol's here?" One of them said. The guy who threatens Chanyeol went to him first, causing everyone to follow. Baekhyun didn't move. He didn't want to. When the bell rang, the students left for class. Chanyeol got up like nothing happened and left as well. Baekhyun stayed. A while later, Jongdae, Jongin and Sehun found Baekhyun. "What are you doing here?" Jongdae asked him. Baekhyun didn't answer. "Where's Chanyeol?" Sehun asked him. Baekhyun furrowed his brows at the mention of that name. Jongdae sat next to him. "Tell me..." He told him. "I don't want to talk about it..." Baekhyun's voice was quiet, sounding hurt. Jongdae knew if he talked, he'd cry. "Well, can you at least tell them where he is?" Jongdae asked him. "Class..." Baekhyun whispered. "Oh, we can leave then. Or do you want us to stay with you?" Sehun asked him. "I don't care." Baekhyun's eyes were moistening. "Do you wanna go back to the closet?" Jongdae asked him. Baekhyun raised an arm. "I can't carry you." Jongdae told him. Baekhyun angrily got up and started walking. The three boys followed him. 

 

When Baekhyun entered the closet, its memories flew in and he started tearing up. He sat on a box as he waited for Jongdae. When he came in, he sat next to him. Jongin and Sehun came in too. Jongdae hugged Baekhyun to comfort him. "Why doesn't he want to be my friend?" Baekhyun whined. "Do you want us to discipline him?" Sehun asked him. "I don't want him to know I cried..." Baekhyun told them. "We won't tell him. We'll just tell him you don't like it." Jongin said. Baekhyun shook his head. "Don't tell him anything. I don't even care anymore." Baekhyun said. 

 

Later, they were at Baekhyun's house. "Jongdae, I think I fell for the wrong person..." Baekhyun whined. "I did too." Jongdae told him. "Why are we so unlucky?" Baekhyun whined. "I don't want to like him, I really, really, don't want to like him anymore." Baekhyun told Jongdae. "Baekhyun, you're repeating how I feel." Jongdae told him. "Sorry." 

 

For weeks, Baekhyun avoided Chanyeol. One day, he was on his way to a table with Jongdae and they saw him sitting on one. Baekhyun saw him first and tugged Jongdae's arm. "Weird. Why is he here?" Jongdae wondered. "Let's go ask him." Jongdae said. "Chanyeol." Jongdae called out. "What are you doing here?" Jongdae asked and Baekhyun slightly hid behind him. "There's a new kid that they're trying to get rid of." He told them. "Why don't you sit with me? I'm lonely." Chanyeol said. Baekhyun scoffed. "Why would we sit with you? We're not friends." Baekhyun bitterly reminded him. "Oh." Chanyeol answered. "Come on, Jongdae. I don't want to be near him anymore." Baekhyun said as he tugged his arm. They both went to sit on another table. Minseok came up to them. "Hey Baekkie!" He called out. The nickname made Jongdae angrier than his presence. "Hi Minnie!" Baekhyun laughed. "Since when did you nickname each other!?" Jongdae blurted out. "Relax, Jongdae. This is the first time." Baekhyun assured him. "Anyway, do you mind if I sit with you? My friend isn't here today." Minseok told him. "Of course! Do you even have to ask?" Baekhyun happily motioned him the seat next to him. "Also, I had a thought." Minseok told them. "Kim Jongdae." He called, surprising the said boy. "I know things aren't too good between us but, since Baekhyun and I are friends, I was wondering if we could become friends as well?" Jongdae widened his eyes. "No way..." He said, disappointing Minseok. "After what you did, there's no way..." Jongdae told him. "I understand. I'm still sorry though." Minseok told him.

 

"Are you crazy?" Baekhyun asked Jongdae when they saw each other after school ended. "What?" Jongdae wondered. "He asked to be your friend. You would have become closer!" Baekhyun told him. "I told you what he did. He apologized before. I'm supposed to hate him, so it would be weird to be his friend." Jongdae told him. "Tell me, if right now, Chanyeol came and asked to be your friend, would you accept?" Jongdae asked him. "Well, he's the one who doesn't like me." Baekhyun said. "If" Jongdae repeated. Baekhyun played with his fingers a bit before Jongdae told him to answer. "I would." He finally answered. "Seriously?" Jongdae wondered. "I know. I'm pathetic." Baekhyun said.

 

Next year, Jongin and Sehun were in high school. The same meeting happened. "Are you guys still awkward?" Sehun asked Baekhyun. "You know? I think I'm over him." Baekhyun said proudly and Jongdae eyed him. Chanyeol suddenly came to them. Baekhyun hasn't really seen him all year last year so he looked different. He seemed taller. "Yah, let's go to class together." He told Sehun. Baekhyun seemed to have forgotten how deep his voice was. "Not now, we're talking." Sehun told him. Chanyeol eyed Baekhyun once before returning his gaze to Sehun. Baekhyun unconsciously blushed. "Or maybe not." He continued, earning a smile from everyone except Chanyeol who cocked an eyebrow at him. "What were you talking about?" Chanyeol asked. "You." Sehun suddenly said. Chanyeol widened his eyes. "Are you still mad at Baekhyun?" He continued. "When was I mad?" He wondered. "You know, the closet thing." Sehun reminded him. "I just said we weren't friends. It's not like I hate him." Chanyeol told them. "You thought I was mad?" Chanyeol suddenly looked at Baekhyun. "N-no..." He answered. "Good. Because I wasn't." He said. Jongin's phone suddenly rang, indicating a message. "Apparently, Joon's acting weird." Jongin told Sehun and Chanyeol. "Let's go check it out." Sehun said. "We'll leave first." Sehun told them. "See you later." Baekhyun told them. "He doesn't hate you! You have a chance!" Jongdae told him. "I already knew that he didn't hate me. But, he doesn't like me either." Baekhyun said.

 

Baekhyun and Jongdae were in the cafeteria when they saw Sehun waving at them, motioning them to come. Jongin was sitting with him too. "I swear it's like everyone is homo." They heard Sehun tell Jongin before they sat down. "What do you mean everyone?" Jongin wondered as Sehun smirked. "What are you talking about?" Jongdae asked them. "Oh, it's our friend." Sehun told him before Jongin got a message. "Looks like he's at it again." Jongin said. "What are they doing now?" Sehun wondered. "They're in class. He says they'll be coming soon." Jongin told him. A little later, someone they don't know came and sat with them. "Hey Soo. Where are they?" Jongin asked him. "They're coming." He said. "Oh, yeah. These are Baekhyun and Jongdae." Sehun told him as he pointed to them. "Nice to meet you. My name is Do Kyungsoo." He greeted them. "Oh, they're here." Jongin said. They turned their heads and saw two boys entering the cafeteria. One of them was holding a stack of papers and the other was staring at him. "The stupid looking one is our friend. His name is Kim Joonmyun. The other one is a Chinese transfer." Sehun told them. They came over to their table and sat down. The Chinese student wasted no time and got to work, Joonmyun also wasted no time to stare at him. "Of course, he's too absorbed to have noticed you." Sehun joked. The Chinese student looked up in surprise. "Oh s-sorry!" He apologized. His accent made Jongdae and Baekhyun giggle. "We weren't talking about you, but you should introduce yourself as well." Sehun told him. "My name is Zhang Yixing." He told them. "I'm Byun Baekhyun." Baekhyun told him. "Kim Jongdae." Yixing nodded politely before going back to work. "Joon." Kyungsoo called. "Hmm?" Joonmyun looked up. "Don't be rude." He told him. "What are you talking about?" He asked him. Kyungsoo motioned Baekhyun and Jongdae. "Oh. I didn't notice you. I'm Kim Joonmyun." He told them. They nodded. Baekhyun made eye contact with Sehun and subtly pointed at Joonmyun and Yixing. Sehun nodded, understanding him. After a while, everyone seemed absorbed in something except Baekhyun and Jongdae. "What's everyone doing?" Baekhyun asked Sehun. "Work." He told them. "You wouldn't understand." He said as he noticed the confusion. "This is how all our lunches look like." He continued. "For all the popular kids?" Baekhyun wondered and Sehun nodded. "Then, is Yixing popular too?" Baekhyun wondered. "No, he just hangs out with us because of Joon." Baekhyun nodded. Later, Yixing finished his work and excused himself. "I have to return these to the teacher. I'll leave first." He said as he got up. "I'll go with you." Joonmyun said. "It's okay." Yixing told him. "No, what if you get lost?" He said and Yixing nodded. "Alright, if you want to." They both left. Baekhyun started laughing. "He is infatuated." Baekhyun laughed. "He's not the only one who's infatuated." Sehun joked as he eyed Jongin, who looked at him with a confused expression. "Oh yeah. You like Chanyeol, right?" Kyungsoo asked him. Baekhyun widened his eyes. "How did you know?" Baekhyun asked. "Oh, we told him." Sehun told him. "What!? That was a secret!" Baekhyun almost yelled. "Oh, well, we are like one person, we can't keep secrets from each other, sorry. That's why we told you about Joon." Sehun told him. "What if they tell Chanyeol!?" Baekhyun wondered. "Oh no. We won't tell the person." Kyungsoo said. "You can trust us." Jongin said. "Not Jongin. Don't trust him." Sehun joked. Well, I have to go." Kyungsoo told them. "We'll see each other." He told Baekhyun and Jongdae as he left. "The bell's about to ring. We're going to look for Chanyeol." Sehun said. He and Jongin left. "Well..." Baekhyun started. "If they start considering us as their friends, Chanyeol has trust issues." Jongdae said. "Jongdae, I have trust issues." Baekhyun told him. "But you thought you were friends." Jongdae countered. 

 

The next day, Baekhyun saw Jongin talking with Kyungsoo and went to them. "Oh hey, Baekhyun." Jongin greeted. "Hello." Kyungsoo greeted. "Hi." Baekhyun answered. "Have you seen Sehun?" Jongin asked him. Baekhyun shook his head. "He usually comes around the same time we do so, it's weird that he's not here yet." Jongin told him. Suddenly someone put an arm around Baekhyun. "Hey, Baek." Jongdae said. "Have you seen Sehun?" Jongin asked him. He shook his head. "I didn't see anyone, I just came." He told them. "Why don't you just message him?" Baekhyun asked him. "He hates it when I message him first." Jongin told them. "But what if he's sick and forgot to tell you?" Baekhyun wondered. "Okay, I'll text him but I know he's going to get mad." Jongin said as he stated typing. Right when Jongin pressed send, he got a phone call. "HOW MANY TIMES DID I TELL YOU NOT TO MESSAGE ME FIRST!?" Sehun was heard yelling on the other side. "Sorry..." Jongin apologized. "Why does he hate it so much?" Jongdae wondered. "Beats me." Jongin told him. "What was so important that you couldn't wait till I messaged you?" Sehun asked him. "Well, you didn't come to school..." Jongin started. "I'm at Chanyeol's house." Sehun said. "Why?" Jongin asked. "He's sick and refuses to stay home. So, I'm making him." Sehun told him. "Oh yeah. Since he's not at school, tell Baekhyun." Sehun said. "I'm not replacing him." Baekhyun said. "Why not?" Jongin asked him. "I replaced him because I felt bad. I don't feel bad anymore." He shrugged. "Well, the students are still gonna go after you." Sehun said. "I'll tell them Chanyeol's at school and they should look for him." Baekhyun told them. "You're going to be a liar." Sehun said. "I don't really care. I don't want to get beat up for someone who doesn't like me." Baekhyun admit. "Are you guys really okay with that? He's going to lie because you won't let me go to school." Chanyeol was heard. "Shut up! Who told you to talk!?" Sehun yelled. "It's up to you, Baekhyun. Just do what you want. I gotta go, Chanyeol's trying to escape." He said before he hung up. "I'm not replacing him." Baekhyun confirmed. Yixing suddenly came up to them. "Hey, can you guys tell Joonmyun-ssi that I'm not at school yet?" He asked them. "Is he bothering you?" Jongin asked. "Please don't tell him! It's just...I have something I need to do and I don't want him around. Please don't tell him, though." He asked. "Don't worry. We'll tell him we didn't see you." Kyungsoo assured him. "Thank you." He said before he ran away. "We should probably get to class." Kyungsoo said before they heard someone yell. "Hey!" It was Joonmyun. He ran up to them. "Sorry, I didn't mean to yell I just wanted to get your attention." He told them. "Have you seen Yixing? I've been looking for him and I can't find him." He said. "Sorry." Kyungsoo shook his head. "Well, I'll keep looking." He said right before the bell rang. "Oh he's in my class. I'll just see him there." He said before leaving. "You don't know but, Joon's usually a good guy. He's not as annoying as this. It's Yixing that's turning him into a loser." Jongin told them. 

 

During lunch, Minseok went to them. Jongdae looked away because he thought he was going to talk to Baekhyun. "Jongdae." He called. He angrily and surprisingly looked at him. "Sorry. I know you don't want to see me but, you know that paper we had to write for our next class? I kind of forgot to do it so, could I look at yours to get an idea of what we're supposed to write?" Minseok asked him. Jongdae just looked at him with wide eyes. After a few seconds of silence, Minseok called him again. "Oh, sorry. I didn't even know we had a paper to write..." He admit. "Stupid..." Baekhyun laughed at him. "Well, then. Let's do it together." Minseok suggested. Jongdae mentally cursed himself. "Fine..." He gave in. Minseok sat next to him, surprising Jongdae. "W-why are you sitting so close!?" He quickly said. "What do you mean?" Minseok asked him. "N-nothing..." He said. Baekhyun laughed at his awkwardness and because he noticed blush on his cheeks. After a while, "What are you doing?" Minseok asked him. "What do you mean? I'm writing." Jongdae answered angrily. "You're not supposed to write about that!" He said as he leaned in to erase what Jongdae wrote. Jongdae was blushing so much as he watched Minseok, whose shoulder was brushing against his, erase something off his paper. "Seriously. It says right there that you're not supposed to mention that. Do you even read?" Minseok scolded him. Minseok looked at him and noticed his uneasiness. Jongdae's face was flushed. "What's wrong with you?" Minseok wondered. Baekhyun eyed him, wondering how he was going to get himself out of this. "I, uh...BATHROOM!!" He suddenly yelled as he ran away. Minseok looked at Baekhyun to see if he had an explanation. Baekhyun shrugged. A few minutes later, Jongdae returned. When he sat down, he scooted his chair away from Minseok a bit. "I kind of finished writing my paper while you were gone. Do you need any help?" Minseok asked him. Jongdae shook his head furiously. "Okay, I'm leaving then." He said as he got up. As soon as he was gone, Jongdae went to sit next to Baekhyun and leaned on him. "I was so scared!" Jongdae whined. "I know." Baekhyun told him. "He was so~ close!" He continued. "I know..." Baekhyun assured him. "I hate him." Jongdae ended. Baekhyun sighed. "Well, you survived!" Baekhyun congratulated him. "Hardly." Jongdae admit. "I swear, if he stayed even a second longer, I would have..." Jongdae whispered the last part. Baekhyun nodded, understanding. Joonmyun came up to them. "Do you know where anyone is? I think they abandoned me." He told them. "Sorry, we didn't see anyone." Baekhyun told him. "That's what everyone says. They've been ditching me ever since..." He looked at them before continuing. "Ever since I fell for that Chinese kid..." He told them. "They told us you've been acting weird since then." Baekhyun told him. "Yeah, it's true. I don't know what's wrong with me." He admit. "It's okay, we all change when we fall in love." Baekhyun reassured him. "Like you with Chanyeol?" He said, aggravating Baekhyun. "Ugh! Does everyone know!?" He asked annoyed. "Everyone except Chanyeol." Joonmyun told him. "It's okay. Everyone knows when someone likes someone, that's how it is with us. Like, Jongin likes Sehun." He told them. "Really? Sehun's always teasing him." Baekhyun told him. "I think it's because Sehun knows." He said. "It's like Sehun said, 'everyone is homo', right?" Baekhyun wondered. "He said that? Actually now that I think about it, I am, Jongin is, you are, I'm assuming you are. I don't know about Kyungsoo but, I think Chanyeol's straight." He told them. "Oh sorry." He apologized when he realized what he did. "No, it's fine. I had a feeling he was anyway." Baekhyun admit. "Wait, most of you are homoual?" Baekhyun realized. "No one knows. If they did, we wouldn't be popular anymore. That and if they find out we hang out with Chanyeol." He told them. Baekhyun nodded. "How come you haven't said a single word?" Joonmyun asked Jongdae. "Oh, something happened before you came." Baekhyun told him. "His cheeks are red." He smiled as he realized what must have happened. "Who is it?" He asked him. "He doesn't want anyone to know." Baekhyun told him. "He knows who we all like." Joonmyun said. "Yeah, he has his reasons." Baekhyun told him. The bell rang. "Oh. Gotta go." Joonmyun said as he left. On Baekhyun's way to class, someone stopped him. "We couldn't find Chanyeol. Were you lying?" He asked him. "I saw him this morning, he should be here." Baekhyun shrugged. 

 

At home, Baekhyun got a text. "It's from Jongin." Baekhyun told Jongdae. "They're all meeting somewhere and want us to come." He told him. "Want to go?" Jongdae asked. "I don't mind." They went to the park, where they were told to meet. Chanyeol, Jongin, Sehun and Kyungsoo were there. They greeted each other. "So what're we here for?" Baekhyun asked. "Joon told us he was meeting Yixing here, so we're stalking them." Sehun told him. "Seriously? You made us come here to stalk someone?" Baekhyun complained. "Relax, it'll be fun." Kyungsoo told him. "You're advocating this!?" Baekhyun was shocked to see Kyungsoo, someone who seemed mature, to be participating in such activities. "We always do this to each other." Jongin told them. "Always." Sehun jokingly emphasized. "Look, he's there!" Sehun pointed to Joonmyun who entered the park from the other side. After a short while, Yixing was seen coming. "Are they on a date?" Baekhyun wondered. "Psh, no. Joon's too much of a coward to confess. Though, one can never know, so we're here to see if he does." Sehun said. After a while of nothing interesting happening, they heard Joonmyun say to leave the park so they followed them. They awkwardly followed them on the street. Joonmyun was staring at Yixing the whole time. "Does he really not notice?" Baekhyun wondered. The two walked in silence for a little. "Joonmyun-ssi." Yixing suddenly called. "Yes?" He lovingly wondered. "I'm sorry." He unexpectedly apologized. "Why are you sorry?" He wondered a bit sad. "I know you really like me but..." He started, surprising Joonmyun. "I don't think we can be friends." The group of boys, who were eavesdropping, suppressed laughs. "What?" Joonmyun wondered. "You're really clingy. You always want to be around me but, I need to be alone sometimes." He admit. "Oh. I'll leave you alone then." He told him. "Please. I won't bother you anymore!" He begged. "Okay, okay. This is kind of embarrassing." Yixing admit. The boys behind them were still laughing. "They're so awkward." Sehun commented. Later, the two decided to go eat somewhere. They were unaware that the six boys were sitting not far from them. "Yixing, actually..." Joonmyun started. The group listened more intently now. "I really like you." He confessed. "I know." Yixing told him. "You do?" Joonmyun wondered. "Duh. We were just talking about it." Yixing said. "And I thought I was forgetful." Yixing said to himself. "No, I mean, I really like you." He specified. "Come on, Joonmyun-ssi." Yixing stopped him. "Yixing." Joonmyun begged him. "I really, really, like you." He repeated. Yixing sighed. "Let's just order." He said. Joonmyun dropped his head on the table. "He's so stupid. He should phrase it differently." Jongin commented. "Oh, and you know all about confessing, right?" Sehun joked.

 

Later, the two were leaving. They followed them again. Joonmyun pulled Yixing to the side of the building where they wouldn't be seen and kissed him. They all gasped and then covered their mouths to not be heard. They went behind the wall to peek. "Joonmyun-ssi!" Yixing expressed when they let go. "I love when you call me that..." He admits as he put his hand on Yixing's face. "Joo..." Yixing was interrupted by another kiss. "Sorry, I couldn't help myself..." Joonmyun apologized. "This is..." Yixing started. "What I meant." Joonmyun told him. "I really, really like you." He repeated. "I'm sorry, I had no idea..." Yixing told him. "Do you...like me too?" Joonmyun asked hopefully. Yixing looked at him for a few seconds before kissing him back. They kissed for a few minutes. "Don't they need to breathe?" Sehun joked before he got shushed by everyone. "I think your kisses affected me." Yixing joked after they let go. "You're so cute." Joonmyun said before going back in. "I don't think they'll stop for a long time." Kyungsoo admit. "We should leave." He told them. "Are you kidding? It's just getting good." Sehun said, staring intently. They all eyed him as they started leaving. He turned around and saw them walking away. "Hey, don't abandon me!" He yelled as he ran up to them.

 

The next day at school, Baekhyun saw everyone, standing in a circle, eyeing Joonmyun and Yixing who were probably flirting. He went up to them. "You're not done stalking?" Baekhyun joked. "That's not it. We're worried they do something and get caught." Kyungsoo told him. Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol who was also looking. He ended up staring at him. The sounds of Joonmyun talking and Yixing laughing made him envious. Chanyeol felt his stare. When Chanyeol looked at him, he looked away. "I don't want to watch this." Jongdae angrily expressed. Baekhyun sighed. "Me neither." He said as he pulled his arm and led him away.

 

During lunch, Baekhyun and Jongdae were sitting together when they saw everyone come to them. "Why's Chanyeol here?" Baekhyun wondered. "There's an American family who transferred and for some reason, the bullies don't approve of them." Sehun told him. "They think they're snitches." Chanyeol précised. "What if they see you together?" Baekhyun wondered. "We figured out they ask people to watch him so, we volunteered to be those people." Sehun shrugged. "If you don't want me here, you could just say." Chanyeol told him. "That's not it. I was just curious." Baekhyun told him. "So, you want me here?" Chanyeol asked him, raising an eyebrow. Baekhyun stayed silent for a minute. "Do you or don't you, that's all I want to know." Chanyeol told him. "I do." Baekhyun admit. "Hmm?" Chanyeol wondered. "I want you here." Baekhyun repeated. Chanyeol suppressed a laugh. Baekhyun widened his eyes. "Thanks." Chanyeol joked as he patted Baekhyun's head. "Why can't you be like that?" Jongin asked Sehun. Sehun patted Jongin's head. Jongin widened his eyes and blushed. "T-that's not what I meant..." He stuttered. Sehun smirked and shrugged. Chanyeol noticed Jongin and Baekhyun had the same expression.

 

Since this year, Jongin and Sehun, who consider Baekhyun and Jongdae as friends, were in high school, they hang out together. This means they also hang out with Chanyeol. Being forced to hang out together, somehow made them closer. Though Chanyeol refuses to acknowledge them as friends, they still act as such. "Can you believe it's been a month?" Yixing expressed happily. "What's been a month?" Baekhyun, who was laying on Chanyeol's lap, wondered. "Weren't you paying attention? It's been a month since Joonie and I started going out!" Yixing told him. 'Joonie' laughed at his boyfriend's cuteness while everyone just groaned.  It was lunch time and everyone was in the closet right now. Everyone except Jongdae. He suddenly ran in, Minseok was following him. He went straight to Baekhyun, who sat up in surprise. "Did you tell him!?" Jongdae almost yelled. He was really angry. "Tell him what? I haven't seen Minseok all day." Baekhyun told him. "Then how does he know!? You're the only one I told!" Jongdae said. "I don't know. Ask him." Baekhyun shrugged. Jongdae turned to look at Minseok. "If you let me finish, we wouldn't have even come here." Minseok told him. "Shut up! How do you know?!" Jongdae told him. "Well, it was kind of obvious." Minseok shrugged. "What!? Is it true, was I being obvious!?" He turned to ask Baekhyun. "About as obvious as I am." Baekhyun told him. "Oh my god, the whole school probably realized it!" He panicked. "Calm down, Jongdae." Minseok told him, but that seemed to make him worry even more. "Gaah! I'm so stupid!" Jongdae whined as he started scratching his head. "Jongdae." Minseok called. Jongdae stopped scratching and slowly looked up. "Stop overreacting. You haven't even heard my answer yet." Minseok told him. "What answer? That you regret regretting yourself?" Minseok raised an eyebrow and then shook his head. "I see how much you mean it. Kind of. So, I'd like to make this work." He told him. "Really? Oh my god, are you lying to me!?" Minseok shook his head. Jongdae's horrified face turned into a happy one. Minseok smiled at him before they hugged. Everyone cooed happily for them except Baekhyun. He just watched sadly. Everyone's been getting together lately and that bothered him. He even noticed Jongin and Sehun's antics have become sweeter. Will he ever have the courage to confess? Or will Chanyeol find out first? "Don't worry, Baek." Chanyeol said, he seemed to have noticed his unhappiness. "We'll find someone soon." He assured him. 

 

The next day at school, Baekhyun was walking sadly. Jongdae didn't come over yesterday because he was hanging out with his new boyfriend. He was so lonely yesterday. He's never been alone since he became friends with Jongdae. It was different not having him around. Someone put their arm around Baekhyun. He looked up and saw Chanyeol. He was in too much of a bad mood to be surprised. "Aww, what's wrong, Baekkie?" Chanyeol wondered. Not even an affectionate nickname, such as the one he was just given, could do anything. Baekhyun sighed. "You're really sad, huh? Tell Chanyeol what's wrong." He comforted him. "You're the last person I want to see, please." Baekhyun begged him. "Why me?" Chanyeol wondered. "I don't know." Baekhyun said. "Uh, Baek, you should turn. You're about to hit a wall." Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's body from the back and moved him out of the way. Baekhyun's heart was beating but he still didn't want to care. As he was about to let go, he sighed near Baekhyun's ear. Baekhyun felt his breath tickle his ear. This woke him up. He ran away. Chanyeol decided to just wait for him to come around.

 

Baekhyun had run into the infamous closet. He needed to clear his mind. He ended up staying there a few hours, unaware that the time was moving. The door suddenly opened which revealed Jongdae. "What are you doing here? Are you ditching class?" He scolded. He was almost happy to see his best friend until someone popped behind him. "Baekhyun?" Jongdae called as Minseok stood next to him. "Oh, I'll get to class now." He said as he was about to get up. "It's lunchtime." Jongdae told him. "What?" Baekhyun wondered. "You don't know? What have you been doing here?" Jongdae asked him. "Nothing, really." Baekhyun admit. "Don't lie. Who does nothing for hours!?" Jongdae wondered. Baekhyun sighed. He really didn't need a scolding from such a person right now. "Okay, I'm sorry. I'll go do something now." He said on his way out. "Do what?" Jongdae asked. Baekhyun ignored him and kept going. 

 

Baekhyun went all the way to the roof, expecting no one to be there. He saw Chanyeol sitting on a bench and unconsciously walked up to him. "What are you doing here?" He heard himself asking. "I don't normally come here, so it'll take them a while to think of this place." Chanyeol told him as he patted the seat next to him. Baekhyun sat down. "What was up with you this morning?" Chanyeol asked him. "I don't know, I guess I'm just stupid." Baekhyun admit. "Don't say that." Chanyeol advised him. "But it's true." Baekhyun told him. "I don't think so." Chanyeol told him. "Chanyeol..." Baekhyun called out before the cat grabbed his tongue. Chanyeol stared at him expectantly. "I..." He started. He sighed before continuing. "I hate myself." Baekhyun told him. "Why do you hate yourself?" Chanyeol asked before his lips were met with another pair. He widened his eyes at first before slowly closing them. They would have kissed for longer if someone hadn't interrupted them. "I'm going to kill the both of you!" He yelled. They turned their heads and saw the bullies staring at them with shocked expressions. Baekhyun looked horrified before he covered his face with his hands. "Park Chanyeol!" He yelled loudly. He walked angrily towards them. He growled as he leaned in Chanyeol's face. "What do you think you're doing?" He asked him. Chanyeol was surprised at first but, he seemed to have swallowed his fear. "Kissing my boyfriend." He confidently claimed. Baekhyun gasped behind his hands. "W-what!?" The bully yelled. "I knew Baekhyun was a gay!" Someone yelled and others agreed. "You told me you were straight...!" He yelled in his face. "I was..." He said, looking at Baekhyun, who was cutely peeking. The guy yelled in anger. "I will kill you and the person who steals your heart." The guy told him. "You've said that to me before." Chanyeol told him. "Yes. I did. I will now deliver that promise." He was still yelling. He told the other students to do as he says and they started beating both Chanyeol and Baekhyun. When the bell rang, the students left. Baekhyun was crying from fear and from pain. Chanyeol was calm. "Baekhyun." He called him. "Shh. Shh." Chanyeol tried to calm him down. Baekhyun was sobbing. "Chanyeol." He called him back. Chanyeol sat up and lifted Baekhyun into his arms, hugging him and cradling him. After a while, Baekhyun was calm and Chanyeol kissed his head. "Chanyeol..." Baekhyun called him. "They all know. All of them know it..." He told him. "It's okay, Baek. Stop thinking about them. Only think about me, okay?" Chanyeol reassured him. "...Am I really your boyfriend?" Baekhyun asked him. "You are my boyfriend, Baekhyun." He confirmed. "Ah, it feels so good to be able to say that." Chanyeol quietly thought to himself. Baekhyun tightened his grip on Chanyeol shirt. "I love you..." Baekhyun confessed. Chanyeol answered him by placing another kiss on his head. "Say it." Baekhyun cutely demanded. Chanyeol chuckled. "I love you, Baekhyun." He answered. "Since when?" Baekhyun wondered. "Hmm?" Chanyeol asked. "I started liking you when I first saw you." Baekhyun admit. "What about you?" Chanyeol thought for a little. "I'm not too sure. I found out after because I'm really slow. A while ago, actually. Who knows? Maybe I liked you longer than you have." Chanyeol teased. "No way, the second I laid eyes on you, I fell." Baekhyun told him. Chanyeol laughed at that. "Really?" Baekhyun blushed. "You're too handsome." Baekhyun told him. It was Chanyeol's turn to blush. "What are you talking about? You're too cute." He countered. They both laughed.

 

They spent the rest of the day sitting on the roof. When school ended, they both got a text. One from Jongdae and one from Sehun. They were wondering where they were. A little after replying, they came to them. Baekhyun whispered something in Chanyeol's ear when he saw them coming. "Why did you skip all your classes?" Jongdae started off by scolding him. Baekhyun shrugged. "What was up with you earlier?" Jongdae continued. Baekhyun shrugged again. Jongdae sighed. "Why were you two here? You both got beat up, right?" Sehun wondered. Chanyeol suppressed a laugh. Sehun smirked. "Let's go out together." He told them. "I'll text Jongin. Should Soo, Joon and Yixing come?" Sehun asked. "I don't mind." Baekhyun said. "Then, can Minseok come?" Jongdae asked. "Sure." Sehun told him.

 

They all went out to the park. Jongdae, Minseok and Sehun sat on one bench, Jongin, Joonmyun and Yixing sat on another. Kyungsoo sat on the edge of the fountain, between the bickering couple. Baekhyun was sitting on the floor in front of them, Chanyeol standing next to him. "What about you, Soo?" Jongin asked him. "What about me?" He wondered. "Do you have someone you like?" Sehun told him. "Hmm...” He started thinking. "Can't think of anyone." He said. "Then, all we have left are Baekhyun and Chanyeol." Sehun said. "Baekhyun what?" Baekhyun wondered. "What about us?" Chanyeol asked him. "Oh, nothing." Sehun told them. "What about you and Jongin?" Kyungsoo asked them. "What are you talking about?" Jongin asked him, making obvious movements with his hands. "Wouldn't you guys be so much happier if you just told each other the truth?" Kyungsoo wondered. "What? What truth? There's no truth. What?" Jongin was shaking his head. "Sehun, we all know you're going to be the one to admit it first." Kyungsoo told him. "I don't know what you're talking about." Sehun shrugged. "Come on, Sehun." Kyungsoo said. "Really? What are you saying?" Sehun asked him. "Jongin likes you." Kyungsoo told him. "Kyungsoo!" Jongin yelled at a now laughing Kyungsoo and hit his arm. "And Sehun likes you." Kyungsoo told Jongin. "Really?!" He exclaimed and looked at Sehun with hopeful eyes. "Pffft." Sehun joked. "Yeah. Pfff...I don't like you either!" He said as he turned his head and crossed his arm. Kyungsoo and Sehun laughed. "He's not ready yet." Sehun whispered to Kyungsoo, who nodded. After a while, they realized the couples weren't paying attention anymore, so they excluded them from the conversation they were having. And later they told them they wanted to leave. "Uh, we should go now. See you tomorrow." Joonmyun told them before he and Yixing left. "We should go too. Bye." Jongdae said before he left, as well, along with Minseok. "I wonder why they left..." Chanyeol joked and Baekhyun laughed. Sehun went to sit next to Jongin and Chanyeol and Baekhyun sat on the other bench. Kyungsoo stayed in the middle. "Isn't there some other rich kid you guys know that's in love with Kyungsoo?" Baekhyun wondered. "Not that we know of." Sehun shrugged. Baekhyun patted his back. "I'm okay." Kyungsoo told him. "I just feel bad. You're missing out." Baekhyun told him as he subtly glanced at Chanyeol, who smiled as he noticed it. "Nah, I'll find someone soon." He told him. They hung out for a few more hours before deciding it was time to leave.

 

Chanyeol went home with Baekhyun. "They interrupted our kiss. I think it's only right if we continue it." Chanyeol reminded him. Baekhyun blushed. "Why are you like this, Chanyeol?" Baekhyun told him. "What? You don't want to kiss me?" He teased. "Not like this..." He shyly said. "Then, how?" He wondered as he leaned in, making their faces touch. Baekhyun stared at him for a little before speaking. "How about we do something fun?" Baekhyun asked him. "Kissing's fun." Chanyeol told him. "Not what I mean. Will you answer my questions?" Baekhyun told him. "I'll do anything." Chanyeol told him. "Then, will you tell me what your big secret is? You know, the one we talked about in the closet last year." Chanyeol tried to remember. "Reason I'm the target?" Chanyeol wondered. Baekhyun nodded. "I don't know if I should tell you..." Chanyeol said. "You know mine." Baekhyun told him. "I do? But you said I'd never want to see you again." Chanyeol repeated. "I want to see you more than ever." Chanyeol confessed. Baekhyun blushed. "I'm just lucky." He told him as he hugged him. "What is it?" Chanyeol asked him. "I'm gay." Baekhyun told him. "Oh. But like most of my friends are gay." Chanyeol told him. "But I didn't know. Also I thought you'd get creeped out and would've found out." He admit. "Come on, what's yours?" Baekhyun begged. "Mine is different from yours. It's because I'm not gay. Well, because I wasn't." Chanyeol corrected himself. Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. "That guy. You know who I'm talking about? The guy who's sort of in charge of the bullying." Baekhyun nodded. "He confessed to me in elementary school, and I rejected him. He got so angry, he decided to get others to hate me too, and that's how I became the school target. For some reason, everyone listens to him so, he can always choose me as the target if he wants to." Chanyeol told him. "That makes sense. It explains a lot of things too." He realized. Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's chin and turned his head to face him. "Can we kiss now?" Chanyeol asked him. "Pabo...you don't have to ask." Baekhyun told him before leaning in. A while later, they were still kissing and, Baekhyun's door suddenly opened, revealing his mom. She widened her eyes. They did too as soon as they noticed her. "Mom!" Baekhyun yelled in embarrassment. "Sorry, Baekkie. I should have knocked. I didn't know you brought your boyfriend. I didn't even know you had a boyfriend...anyway, I just wanted to tell you, your brother came to visit." She told him before leaving. "What? He picks today to come!?" Baekhyun complained. "It's okay, I want to meet your brother." Chanyeol told him. "That's not it...why do all our kisses have to get interrupted...?" Baekhyun quietly wondered. Chanyeol laughed at him.

 

The next day, Baekhyun hurried to find Chanyeol. As soon as he found him, he grabbed his arm and pulled him to their favorite closet. He shut the door, put Chanyeol's body against it and started kissing him. After a few minutes, they let go. "Hi, Baekhyun." Chanyeol greeted him. Baekhyun was breathing heavily from the kiss. "I'm sorry. I just had to." Baekhyun apologized. "Nothing to apologize for. I enjoyed it." Chanyeol reassured him as he kissed him again. "When do you want to tell them?" Chanyeol wondered when they let go. "They'll find out soon." Baekhyun told him. "But if we won't tell them, how will they know?" Chanyeol asked. "Do you think I'm always gonna be able to resist kissing you?" Baekhyun asked, half-jokingly. Chanyeol laughed. Someone knocked on the door and they opened it. It was a student they barely recognize. "Don't tell me you're being gay in here. I just wanted a broom. But if it has gay all over it, I'll go to the other closet." Baekhyun and Chanyeol scoffed. Baekhyun grabbed a broom and gave it to him. "Sorry, but this is the gayest closet in the school. This broom has probably been affected." He told him. The boy genuinely looked too disgusted to hold it. "It's a joke, stupid." Baekhyun yelled at him and he finally took it and ran away. 

 

When lunchtime came, Baekhyun was eager to see Chanyeol again. He made sure to find him before the bullies did. "Hurry to the closet. Make sure no one sees you." Baekhyun whispered. He distracted the first few he saw that were looking for him. He was on his way to the closet when he saw the boy from earlier and a bunch of students behind him. He recognized the boy who he learned liked Chanyeol there too. "This is where I saw them." The boy told him. Baekhyun widened his eyes and ran to stop them. "What are you doing? Shouldn't you be looking for Chanyeol?" Baekhyun asked them. "We are. I'm telling them about your secret closet." The boy said. "We only enter this place together." Baekhyun lied. "He's waiting for me on the roof." Baekhyun continued to lie. "You're lying." The guy said. "No, I'm not." Baekhyun told them. "I'll go with you to check the roof." Baekhyun told them. They all started walking and when they got to the corner, Baekhyun, as quickly as he could, opened the door and whispered "Go to the forest." He shut the door and ran to catch up with the students before they noticed. When they made it to the roof, they saw no one. The guy went to Baekhyun and glared at him. "What? He's not there? He told me he'd be here...” Baekhyun pretended to look hurt. "Let's go back to the closet." He told them. He grabbed Baekhyun's arm and forced him to follow them. "If we don't find him, we'll just beat you." He told Baekhyun. They opened the door and saw no one. "What?" Baekhyun shrugged. "I told you he wasn't in the closet." The guy and the students started beating Baekhyun until the bell rang. He slowly got up and took out his phone. He texted Chanyeol to come back. He told him he was still in the closet. Baekhyun got up and looked but he wasn't there. Chanyeol told him it was another closet. Baekhyun looked around and finally found the closet. "What are you doing here? I told you to go to the forest." Baekhyun wondered. "No you didn't. I was here the whole time." Chanyeol told him. "Who did I tell to go to the forest? Wait, this isn't our closet why'd you come here?" Baekhyun asked him. "I knew someone found out about it so I thought it'd be unsafe to go back there so, I came here instead." Chanyeol told him. "Did they beat you?" Chanyeol wondered and Baekhyun nodded. "I'm sorry." Chanyeol apologized. Baekhyun shook his head. "It's better me than you." Baekhyun told him. "Don't say that." Chanyeol hugged him. Baekhyun suddenly got a text. "I think lunch is over. Can we come back?" It was Jongdae. Baekhyun asked him what he meant. "What? You told us to come here." Jongdae replied. Baekhyun told him he was confused. "Minseok, Jongin, Sehun and I were in the closet waiting for you, then you told us to go to the forest." Baekhyun widened his eyes. "I'm an idiot..." He said. He told them to come back. "You thought Chanyeol was in there? You should have looked." Sehun complained. "I know..." Baekhyun apologized. "Well, we're going to class." Jongin and Sehun left. "We should go too." Jongdae told him. "We'll go also." Baekhyun told him as he and Minseok left. Baekhyun turned to look at Chanyeol and smirked. He pulled his arm and took him back to the closet.

 

A few days later, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were making out at Baekhyun's house. A knock was heard on his door. "Aw, man..." Baekhyun complained as he went to answer. It was Jongdae. "Hey, Baekkie! It's been a while, right? Actually I came here because Minseok went on a trip." Jongdae admit. "Oh, hi Jongdae." Baekhyun greeted him. "Huh, Chanyeol's here?" He wondered when Baekhyun let him in. Chanyeol smiled. "What's with the tension?" Jongdae wondered. "What do you mean?" Baekhyun wondered. "You're different. You don't look shy." Jongdae noted. "I don't?" Baekhyun asked. "What have you been doing?" Jongdae asked them. "The truth is..." Baekhyun started as he walked over to Chanyeol. "We're together now." Baekhyun admit. "Really? When were you planning on telling me, huh?" Jongdae asked him. "Well, I guess it never came up..." Baekhyun said. "Baekhyun, this is a big deal!" Jongdae told him. "Sorry..." Baekhyun apologized. "Don't apologize half-heartedly!" Jongdae scolded as Baekhyun and Chanyeol started laughing. "Don't laugh!" Jongdae whined.