2 minutes

drabbles~

Today was a very black day.

 

The skies were stormy and the rain did not pitter patter, but splattered all over the gray and worn out side walk. The sound of the dropping of water, almost calmed her. It was odd, it was like it steadied her racing heart even for a second. If felt like the sound of the rain was the sound of her heartbeat, and she wished the rain would stop so that her heart would as well.

 

It felt as if she was dragging herself, her feet on autopilot, forcing her foreword and in all honestly she would rather stop and just drop. Dead. Gone. Just like her love.

 

It all happened so quickly, it was as if it actually didn’t happen. But it was so physical, to real, for it to be fake. She wished so much for someone to numb her from her agony, anything would help. She pleaded to any god above willing to eavesdrop on her prayers to send a random drunk driver sliding her way to give her euthanasia; but sadly all the gods were busy watching her in pain, pitying her and laughing at her luck.

 

The bloody red and midnight black scenes flash before her eyes once again. She shook her head furiously, internally screaming and the pain-- oh the pain. It felt as if her insides were being ripped out, as if her soul was being burned in a hellfire. Oh no, once again she mistook nightmare into reality. She wanted that to be true. She would rather be in hell than here because at least in hell she could watch from a distance as her angel lived in heaven.

 

As the moments painted before her, she squeezed her eyes like a child. It was as if she lied to herself that if she denied it repeatedly maybe, just maybe, it wouldn’t be true. If she just kept on telling her that it was a lie, maybe it wouldn’t be true. Maybe she would wake up from this hell she created in her head and wake up to find her right next to her, smiling brighter than the sun would ever and being her moon in the darkest times. She could feel it, the warmth of her love’s body right next to her-- except she couldn’t. She was just trying to give herself a temporary drug to take her into a wonderland where she was alive.

 

The Byulyi finally arrives at her apartment. She’s dressed in all black from the funeral, and all her makeup is running down her face because she purposely forgot her umbrella and decided to walk to the cemetery. She slumps into her couch and fears to close her eyes, knowing that what happened the week before would play before her like a movie.

 

But eventually sleep won over her and she fell into a dark abyss of nightmares.

 

Yongsun had known about her situation for quite a while. She made frequent visits to the doctor for it. But she was smart and knew that if she ever spoke a word about her illness, Byulyi’s world would crumble and she would rather have her love, her star, be bright for at least the 2 months she would be alive.

 

Yongsun made sure that Byulyi would never figure out, and sure enough she never did until the very last second when it was Yongsun’s last breath. Yongsun always put a strong front and made sure that she never showed her weakness to Yongsun. Yongsun, after hearing the words, “You have been diagnosed with a special heart disease, which is incurable. You have 2 months to live.”, wanted to spend 25 hours, 8 days a week with Byulyi. Those words rang in her ears even until the end on the hospital bed when the life was literally being slowly pulled out of her.

 

The day came. Yongsun couldn’t bring herself to meet Byulyi, she would break. And she knew that she would have to make sure that Byulyi smiled until the last of her breath, or else her life would be put to waste and everything she did would be pointless.

 

Byulyi get’s a call in the middle of night from a crying mother, asking her to come to the hospital. Yongsun’s mother knew that her daughter would not like this, but she also knew that she needed her. Byulyi rushes to the hospital and runs without checking in and scrambles to the sobbing mother.

 

“Where is Yongsun?”

 

“In there…” the woman points at the door. The doctors and nurses are now running after her but she doesn’t care she needs to see what is happening.

 

She walks into a room where her love is slowly dying and crying and breaking on a hospital bed. Yongsun, is startled that Byulyi is suddenly there and wipes her face dry in seconds. Instead Byulyi breaks and runs to Yongsun and holds her so tight that she might have killed her not the disease.

“Don’t leave… I don’t know what’s happening just don’t leave…” Byulyi chokes out while bawling. All of a sudden she feels hands pulling her back.

“NO!!! LET ME GO!!! PLEASE!!!!” Byulyi screams as Yongsun smiles her ever bright smile and a small tear slips out on accident. Then the beep.

 

Oh the beep.

 

It will ever ring in her ears.

 

The smile never fell off her face, but instead her eyes just slowly closed and she grew limp.

 

The beep was all she could hear.

 

She couldn’t hear her own screams, or the sound of the doctors yelling at her to stay calm.

 

The beep was deafening.

 

She finally reaches her limp and lifeless body where Byulyi sobs wrack her body, shaking her. Her everything shattered in those 2 minutes.

 

Which was ironic.

 

Byulyi rises from her short “sleep” and crumbles into small short wails and sobs.

 

She thinks about how ironic 2 minutes can change your life. She remembers when her close friend Wheein told her about a dating site she found and forced her to try it. She remembers Wheein swearing the registration would only take 2 minutes, and so she did just for fun and she found the love of her life.

 

But in that same amount of time she lost her love.

 

Oh how 2 minutes could change everything. Such a small amount of time, a almost useless amount of time, gave her the sun she needed in the day when everything was easy to see and where everything was beautiful. But also it took away that sun and gave her the night sky where she was blinded from the darkness of night and the thickness of clouds and where everything just put you in fear.


Because of 2 minutes, she life was built up and also crushed and crumbled down.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ive been in a angsty mood lately... So...

Also just clarifying this is moonsun with their real names.

Feedback is most appreciated :3

Also I will be receiving requests with ships and prompts!! Please comment down what you would like me to write!