Chapter Two: In the Occasion of Humanity

99.9% Human

This Chapter contains in the botton paragraph for Banghim; I do not want to rate it as M as it's not really intense, but you have been warned. 


 

The weeks that followed Zelo’s completion dragged on for what seemed like ages; He was trying to eat everything, and anything, and it was driving Yongguk mad.  It was clear that 6 year old Zelo wore through his charm quickly, though Yongguk found that it was almost endearing and that he wanted to take care of him-He hadn’t expected that at all. He had never been the fatherly type-He had even gone so far as to say he hated babies, and wouldn’t touch them for fear of making them cry, but now, he found that if Zelo even started to whimper he was by his side, holding him tightly and doing anything he could to make him feel better. #

 

Yongguk also wondered if Zelo had some sort of effect on Himchan as well-He was acting like some sort of domestic goddess lately, and Yongguk would be straight up lying if he said it wasn’t one of the iest things he had ever born witness to.

 

Himchan had never been very good at cooking, but lately he had been insisting that he needed to learn to cook in order to keep Zelo healthy. Yongguk had tried to explain that though Zelo could eat and likely would be better for eating, he really didn’t need gourmet food, but Himchan was having too much fun bookmarking cook books to listen. Yongguk was pretty damn glad he didn’t listen-He thought maybe he had a ‘himchan in a little pink apron’ fettish.

 

Of course, raising Zelo was hard-With his capacity for humanity Yongguk had to be careful with what he said and did around him because soon it became very obvious that Zelo learnt and repeated whatever other people did.

 

****TSBABY****


 

“Do you want to watch a war movie, huh?” Yongguk asked the young robot, ruffling his blond curls, smiling as Zelo nuzzled into his touch. The little boy had shown that he loved to be touched-He really had turned into quite the hug- (Yongguk wasn’t sure it would be appropriate to say so).

 

“Huh,”  Zelo repeated, sitting down next to Yongguk on the floor in front of the TV.

 

“You’ve never seen a war movie,” Yongguk explained, proudly. In his books, the first war movie viewing was definitely a right of passage. It would teach Zelo about his warrior roots and heritage. The people of Mato were proud fighters, waging war across the galaxy and defending the weak and powerless.

 

“Neber seen one,” Zelo repeated, sounding slightly sage as he messed up the sounds, looking seriously at Yongguk as he flipped on the telly. He watched intently as the opening credits began, the title spreading across the screen.

 

Yongguk watched Zelo proudly as the movie began, though soon his face fell as Zelo began to shake, looking away from the violence portrayed on the screen, whimpering as someone's arm was severed by a laser gun.

 

“Turn it off, turn it off,” Zelo whimpered, grabbing Yongguk’s hand, small tears gathering at the corner of his eyes, his plump lips quivering and his hands shaking. He whimpered louder as the gunshots continued, Yongguk staring at Zelo’s face, too preoccupied to turn off the movie; He began to realise a flaw in his robotic boy-He had made him too human. He was evolving to mimic petty human empathy, and the worst part? Yongguk felt his own heart twisting in his chest in reaction to Zelo’s distraught face.

 

Yongguk opened his arms for Zelo to crawl into, grabbing the remote and flipping channels to pororo. He couldn’t make Zelo watch war movies any longer...instead they watched the story of a fictional talking penguin as Zelo’s soft sobs died down and he looked with curiosity at the screen, his hands tangled in Yongguk’s baggy sweater.

 

“I’m so sorry, Zelo,” Yongguk whispered, petting his “baby's” hair with a shaking hand...Zelo’s upset had scared him. He didn’t like to see Zelo cry like that...Didn’t like the way the boy’s expertly crafted face had lost colour as he saw the first gunshot burry a bullet deep into someone’s skull, fragmented brain falling out the hole.

 

Yongguk vowed then and there to himself to protect Zelo from the ugly parts of being human. He could keep him safe. The feeling he felt was so protective and loving that thinking about it made him sick to his stomach...he was going soft in his age; A whole 22 years old and already starting to act like a retired commander...Mato would have him put into therapy. You were meant to be at least 40 before you started to feel like this…

 

He shook his head as he watched the children’s cartoon, running his hands softly through Zelo’s curls.

 

****TSBABY****

 

Youngjae watched quietly as Zelo reacted first to the war movie, cowering…

 

“He’s weak, even for a robot,” Youngjae whispered to himself, fully aware that he must sound crazy. He really was beginning to lose his mind-How could a machine seem so alive? It seemed like witchcraft…(not that he believed in such a thing)

 

He was aware that the more Daehyun ignored him or treated him just as a slightly sassy best friend the more he hated Zelo...He was taking his emotions out on a robot, how ridiculous?


Youngjae was finding that he was increasingly ashamed of who he was becoming. He sneered as Zelo giggled at the cartoon penguin...how primitive.

 

****TSBABY****

 

Daehyun lay despondently in bed, looking at the ceiling. He had been dating for months, and he had a strong urge to settle down and be happy like Yongguk and Himchan seemed to be but none of the earth girls were doing it for him-The was great, but emotionally? None of them got him. He had gone on dates with so many girls, getting excited and thinking that each new girl could be the one and eventually being disappointed.

 

“Why’s it so hard to fall in love?” Daehyun asked no-one in particular, his words sinking into the silent and more or less empty though messy room. Even on Mato where raw ualty was highly encouraged Daehyun had been prodigious, though he had always wanted more…

 

He felt sad every now and then thinking of all the people he had dated thinking they might be together forever only to find out that they were shallow and superficial specimens of personhood. Now was one of those times…

 

He could have with anyone he pleased-Indeed, he often did-but no one he talked to just...got him.

 

Daehyun stood up-Another day, another date. He’d spent most of his early teenage years viewing the finest the inter-galactic internet had to offer, he wasn’t about to spend his adult life doing the same.

 

He nodded at himself in the mirror as he left his room, a little self affirmation.

 

****TSBABY****


 

Himchan smiled as Yongguk climbed into bed beside him-He’d put Zelo to bed 30 minutes before, and they could hear his soft breathing through the baby monitor Himchan had decided it was best to set up “at least for the first few months”.

 

He and Yongguk hadn’t have much of a chance for any alone time seen the final creation of Zelo and now they had it Himchan was determined not to waste it, biting his lip as he pulled Yongguk towards him by the shoulders, kissing him deepening as he angled his knee to rub between the other’s legs.

 

“I love you,” Himchan whispered, his breath hot against Yongguk’s neck as Yongguk arched his back, kissing down himchan’s jaw. Himchan sounded so sensual when his voice rasped because it had dropped so low in the moment, holding Yongguk against him as he ground up at him, biting his lip to hold back moans-He didn’t want to wake anyone, mainly the sleeping child in the other room.

 

“I-” Yongguk’s voice hitched as Himchan found a rhythm, “I love you too,” he gasped, not even trying to hold back the sound, kissing himchan more passionately as he felt they were both out of practice and close to the edge…

 

After they had done they lay next to each other, whispering conspiratorially about their life on earth and the family they seemed to have fallen into. Yongguk told Himchan about Zelo’s apparent empathy and how he himself had even felt empathy for Zelo as he cried, and Himchan nodded, telling him it made sense-

 

“Earth’s changed us,” Himchan whispered into the dark, his arm wrapped around Yongguk, Yongguk’s arm under his head. “For the better, I think...life’s not all about war.”

 

Yongguk kissed Himchan softly on the forehead, feeling himself slowly drifting into sleep...It really wasn’t all about war and building things and creating new weapons.  Life was maybe about living? And not in the life or death sense, in the ‘I want to create a life’ sense.

 

The concept was strange and the execution faulty but Yongguk found himself liking the idea very much.

 


I hope everyone enjoys this chapter ^^ It's amost 1am so i've not really edited it, i'm sorry :'( Leave comments to tell me what you think :) I love constructive critique and hearing what you think!