Chapter One: Introduction to Life

99.9% Human

Bang yongguk had created a robot so close to humanity he dared say it was 99.9% human; He had created a robot with all the human flaws and issues of a toddler in the body of a attractive 16 year old.

 

Yongguk’s robot learnt like a human as well; He took mistakes and learnt from them, answering questions to the best of his knowledge and not just parroting back what he had heard. He would age quickly, spending about three months in each ‘year’.

 

Now his Zecchin Electrical Life Organ, or ‘Zelo’ had the mental capacity of a 5-year-old-human, and Yongguk had just completed the latest and final update on the robot child.

 

Back on Yongguk’s home planet of Mato creating such a robot would be considered a crime, but this had been Yongguk’s goal for as long as he had remembered so he worked his way up in the Matoen army until he had a fleet of his own to take to Earth where inter-galactic space laws of invention and creation could not reach him.

 

Now on earth he had his men watched in awe as Zelo grew, starting as a complex though not realistic mind-cell two years prior and evolving into the human passing android he was now. Finally his mechanical evolution was complete (for the time being) and Yongguk could sit back and watch his creation learn and grow as he worked on his final mission on earth-To blend in and integrate into general earthen society.

 

Yongguk’s men, Himchan, Daehyun, Youngjae,  and Jongup had all signed on for life; They had agreed to integrate into earth’s people group, hopefully in breeding, learning their ways, and sending monthly reports back to their home planet.

 

Thus far each of them had managed to build lives living as a group of singers (it had been the easiest way to appear on earth with no backstory or family; Idols were almost treated as their own species anyway). They had grown connected with each other, and even with certain humans...Now Yongguk hoped they would grow in connection with his robotic creation as well.

 

****TSBABY****

 

“He’s finished,” Yongguk called, flipping off his mask and turning back on all the lights in his lab as the other soldiers began to file into the room, coming to gawk at the teenage boy sitting up and looking sleepy on a metal table. He rubbed his eyes clumsily, looking at Yongguk with admiration, reaching for him.

 

“He-He looks real,” Himchan mumbled, circling the table and noting that there were no longer visible circuits showing on the surface of the android. He noted how soft the robot’s skin now looked, and how he lay his head on Yongguk’s shoulder, his breathing seeming to even at their leader’s touch. It was truly disconcerting, though Himchan (jokingly called ‘mother’ by the younger soldiers) could already feel himself growing attached to the boy.

 

“99.9% human,” Yongguk said proudly, his eyes glimmering as he pulled away from Zelo to look him in the face, reaching up to push blond curls from his eyes. The boy blinked back at him, a small smiling spreading across his soft face. He was pink and white in complexion, his cheeks were full though he was long and skinny, standing at about 5’11, taller than Yongguk himself.

 

“99.9% human...Youngjae repeated, his face filled with confusion. Youngjae was like earth scientists...he didn’t believe this was possible. He didn’t want to believe it was possible-The robot was creepy; It whimpered as Yongguk pulled away...it was unbelievably creepy, this apparent teenager that could barely keep his drool in his mouth.

 

Daehyun smiled from the doorway as he watched his fellow soldiers (and now bandmates) run around looking at the newest addition to their weird family. Yongguk looked so happy, refilling the boy's hair and talking happily to Himchan over the boy’s shoulder. Youngjae looked suspicious but Daehyun knew him well enough to know that he would warm up to the boy, despite his reservation about androids.

 

Daehyun’s gaze fell on Jongup who was looking at the robot with curiosity; When Yongguk stepped away for a moment to clean up a few of his more dangerous tools before Zelo’s exploring hands could find them Jongup stepped forward beginning to chat with the little boy. They could get along really well, Daehyun decided before disappearing back up the stairs to answer the door. He had a date in a matter of moments (one thing earth had gotten 100% right was dating...it was amazing).

 

****TSBABY****

 

Himchan was cooking dinner while Yongguk worked on their presentation, Zelo and jongup were sitting on the kitchen floor-Jongup had been entertaining Zelo for hours by telling him funny stories (and even though the 5 year old didn’t understand what the elder boy was saying) and rolling a ball back and forth with him. Jongup didn’t seem to be bored, which amused Himchan as he looked up from the soup he was sitting.

 

Youngjae came into the kitchen, frowning as he saw the younger two on the floor...Zelo still unsettled him, despite having watched him grow from a microchip into a skinless white robotic body and now finally into his full form...He was cold. Surely, he couldn’t have feelings. He couldn’t feel love?

 

“Have you seen Daehyun?” Youngjae asked, looking at Himchan and then to Yongguk. He hadn’t seen Daehyun in hours...they had been going to play video games. It wasn’t really like Daehyun to bail-he might be shady and mysterious but he was good to his word, or Youngjae thought he was.

 

“He’s on another date-He thinks this one's special,” Himchan said, looking over his shoulder at Youngjae, clicking his tongue. He could see Youngjae’s face fall-Somehow when they had come to earth Youngjae had absorbed a very conservative viewpoint and adopted it as his own-He and Daehyun were the only two who couldn’t see that they were obviously in love-Hell, even Zelo could probably tell!

 

Youngjae nodded, feeling his mood plummet. He had been excited to hang out with his hyung, and now, he had been jilted. He shouldn’t have expected Daehyun to remember him when he could be on a date-Of course not, his hyung deserved to find someone he loved...Turning on his heel he left the kitchen, feeling tears prickling his eyes.

 

“What was that about?” Yongguk said, looking up from his laptop, stretching back in his chair. He had been writing for hours, and had somehow missed the whole exchange between Youngjae and Himchan.

 

“Ah, jae is just in love and jealous Daehyunie is on a date,” Himchan sing songed in reply, his voice sickeningly sweet. He tasted what he was cooking, making a face...it definitely needed more salt, he decided, scrunching his nose as he added more salt to the dish.

 

Yongguk saw Zelo trying to eat a button he had found on the floor out of the corner of his eyes and quickly jumped to his feet to grab it from the little boy’s hand (though little, perhaps, was not the best way to describe the boy who was a massive 5 feet 11 inches tall), growing at Jongup who was supposed to be watching him. Jongup looked sheepish, getting to his feet to grab a box of fruit loops and handing that to Zelo instead.

 

“You have to be careful, Jongie,” Yongguk reprimanded, throwing the button away-He didn’t know what it belonged to. “If he chokes, he might die, okay?” Yongguk explained, taking the fruit loops away from Zelo who was happily munching and exchanging them for a bowl of trail mix.

 

“Also don’t just hand him sugary food, it’s not good for him,” Yongguk chuckled, having totally embraced a protective (though sometimes misguided) parenting role. He replaced the box of cereal to the shelf, making himself a mug of strong, black coffee.

 

“Oh, sorry,” Jongup replied, smiling awkwardly at his hyung. He figured that Zelo would like sweet food better...but he seemed to be enjoying the trail mix just as much.

 

“It’s okay, I’m just tired,” Yongguk said, running his hand down his face. True to form, Zelo had woken him several times in the middle of the night for days-Not even wanting anything! He just wanted someone to talk at him or hug him or find a glass of water or get a midnight snack or any number of strange, brokenly worded requests.

 

Yongguk wrapped his arms around Himchan from behind, kissing the other boy’s neck, burning his face in Himchan’s fluffy sweater.

 

Things were really very good on earth, he decided.


He could hear Jongup and Zelo mumbling to each other in the background, and Youngjae would figure out how to tell Daehyun (and himself) that he was in love, and Daehyun would stop going on random possibly dangerous dates...and Himchan was just amazing.

 


Please tell me what you think and review :) I'm excited to know what people think of this story! I've not written something malti chapter in a while. Any suggestions??