M y

Please, take care of me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Teacher Namu and Baby Gyuuu! omo *w*


Sunggyu fished in his left pocket and took out his keys. He walked towards his front door when he heard a high pitched squeal.

“Appa!”

He looked up and saw his daughter – Kim Yerin, standing in front of the door, holding hands with a man. A man Sunggyu didn’t know. He rushed towards them with a troubled expression.

“Yerin! What is going on? What are you doing outside?? Where is Myungsoo??”

“Uncle Myung? Was he supposed to pick me up? Hmm, something probably came up at his part time job. I’m sure he messaged you. Why do you never check your phone, Appa?” The small girl said in a nagging voice.

My phone? Damn it, Myungsoo! You know I barely touch that thing!

“Now, now, Yerin. Don’t scold your dad. I was with you, wasn’t I?” The stranger said with a cheeky smile on his face. He extended his arm, so he can pat Yerin’s head and that’s when Sunggyu snapped.

“What do you think you’re doing?! Get away from her!” Sunggyu raised his voice as he pushed the stranger aside and picked up his daughter. The small girl shifted uncomfortably in his hold and glared at him.

“Appa, you meanie!!! Don’t push Namu like that!” The girl clenched her fists and hit her father’s shoulders. Sunggyu took that as a sign that he should let her down once again and when he did, she ran up to that ‘Namu person’. “Namuuu, are you okay??”

The stranger nodded. “Yes, don’t worry.” The unknown person then scratched the back of his head awkwardly, sensing Sunggyu’s intense stare. He extended his arm and smiled. “Hello. My name is Nam Woohyun. Yerin’s kindergarten teacher.”

It took Sunggyu a few seconds to process the information, he could be slow, sometimes. “What?!”



Yerin was now happily eating snacks on the couch, watching her favorite tv show, unaware of what was happening behind her back.

“I’m really sorry!” Sunggyu said as he bowed deeply to the man standing in front of him.

“Please, don’t do this. There’s no need.” Woohyun reassured the elder.

Sunggyu lifted his head. “No! I was wrong! I’m sorry. My stupid brother didn’t pick up Yerin and I rarely check my phone. You came all the way here, sending her home, waiting for me to come back to make sure she is safe. I have nothing to say. I must look so irresponsible in your eyes.”

Woohyun waved his hands in the air. “No, no. Nothing of the sort! Things like that, well they happen sometimes. Besides, I live close by so it wasn’t really a problem.”

Sunggyu pursed his lips. “Really?”

“Yes and your reaction a while ago, it was something natural. You probably thought I was some creepy weirdo who tried to kidnap your daughter.”

“That’s right.” Sunggyu admitted.

“Ouch.” Woohyun made a pained expression.

Realizing what he had just said, Sunggyu bowed his head again. “I’m sorry! T-that’s not what I meant! You are, um-” Sunggyu’s words were interrupted by Woohyun’s sudden laugh.

“I was just messing with you, Sunggyu-shi! You are so funny!”

Sunggyu raised his head with a confused expression. “You know my name?”

“Of course I do. I know the names of all parents who leave their children in my care.”

“Oh…” I didn’t know your name though. Sunggyu felt slightly guilty when he realized that.

“Appa! Dinner!” Yerin yelled from her spot, gaining the two men’s attention. “How much more do I have to wait??” The small girl asked while puffing her cheeks.

“I’ll make it right away, Yerin!” Sunggyu glanced at the guest in his living room. “Do you- Would you like to stay for dinner?”

“Me?” Woohyun pointed at himself.

“Yes, you. You know, as a thanks for causing you so much trouble.” Sunggyu said as he rocked on his feet impatiently, because he really needed to start cooking.

It wasn’t a bother at all, though. Woohyun thought.

“You have to stay, Namu! Appa cooks really well! When you go back to your place, you will probably just eat instant ramen anyway.”

How did she know?! Woohyun almost voiced out loud.

Sunggyu laughed at Woohyun’s expression. Pf, she must have been right. “Dinner for 3 it is then.” He announced as he headed towards the kitchen.  

Woohyun flopped next to Yerin on the couch and she offered him some of her snacks, which Woohyun gladly accepted.  They spent a fair amount of time watching the tv, chatting when there were ads.  “Why doesn’t your Appa usually check his phone?”

Yerin turned her head towards Woohyun with an amused expression. “I think he just can’t.”

“He can’t?” Woohyun asked as he tilted his head.

Yerin leaned in, almost whispering. “It’s a secret but…” Yerin looked around to see if her dad was around. She saw no trace of him so she continued. “Uncle Myung said that Appa is quite a dummy.” She giggled. “When it comes to technology that is.”

“Oh, I see.” Woohyun almost let out a laugh, but he heard Sunggyu’s voice behind him.

“What are you two whispering about? Are you bad mouthing about me?” 

Woohyun and Yerin looked at each other. Nope, not at all hehehe.

Sunggyu saw the weird glances the two were exchanging and cleared his throat. “Well, dinner’s ready. So if anyone is hungry-”

“Me, me!” Yerin yelled and ran towards the kitchen.

”Yah! Kim Yerin! I told you, no running inside the house!” Sunggyu scrunched up his nose when his daughter totally ignored him and actually started eating right after she reached the kitchen.

Woohyun couldn’t suppress his laughter this time. “You two are adorable.”

“Huh?” Sunggyu turned towards Woohyun. He got no answer, except a big, stupid smile on Woohyun’s face. “Well, hungry?” Sunggyu asked.

“Lots.”



After dinner Woohyun offered to wash the dishes, but Sunggyu couldn’t let a guest do the dirty job. Yerin was already in bed, but Woohyun decided to stick around for a little longer. He wanted to chat with Sunggyu a bit more and to help him with the washing up.

“How long have you been taking care of Yerin?” Sunggyu asked.

“Since the beginning of the year. I was in charge of another class last year, but the kids started attending school, so I was transferred to a group of younger children.” Woohyun explained.

“I see. Maybe that’s why I haven’t seen you on the parent’s meetings. We still haven’t done one this year.”

“So you attend the parent’s meetings Sunggyu-shi?”

Sunggyu’s lips formed a thin line at Woohyun comment. “Well, I am Yerin's father after all. Of course I do. I just don’t pick her up often, because of my work.”

“I know. I have seen you a couple of times outside the kindergarten.” Woohyun answered, as he accepted a plate from Sunggyu and dried it with a towel.

“You have seen me?”

“Yes. I was going to come up and say ‘Hello’ but I was always busy with something else.”

Does he greet every parent personally? Sunggyu wondered.

“So, you are something like a boss, Sunggyu-shi?”

The older shook his head. “Not exactly. I am something more like a supervisor? I work in a supermarket, but I always have to check if everything is alright – if there’s and enough amount of everything we offer in the shop, if the fruits and vegetables are fresh, to take care of customer’s complains. stuff like that. I do I have a boss, but he really goes out of his office. That’s why I usually stay behind for longer than planned and I can’t pick up Yerin on time. But someone has to take care of our life expenses and that’s surely not Yerin.”

“What about Mrs. Kim?” Woohyun asked curiously.

“There’s none. Yerin’s mother and I never got married.”

“Oh…”

“But we would probably have, if she was still alive.” Sunggyu said in a bitter voice.

“I-I’m sorry, I didn’t know. You were stated as Yerin’s legal guardian in her report card, but I just thought that-”

“It’s fine. You’re not the one who needs to be sorry.” Woohyun sent Sunggyu a confused look, so the elder further explained. “I’m usually not the type who puts the blame on others, but it was the hospital’s fault, without a doubt. At first Soomin was fine, we even talked, she seemed totally okay. But on the next day, in the morning, I got a call from the hospital. They said she got some internal bleeding that they couldn’t stop. Nonsense! Something must have gone wrong during the operation, they probably tried to cover it up, but she lasted less than 24 hours.”

Woohyun put his hand on Sunggyu’s shoulder and the action started the older a bit, he wasn’t really used to skinship with strangers. “It’s okay, Sunggyu-shi. I get it, you don’t have to continue.”

Sunggyu sent the other a weak smile, but just remembered something. “I was going to ask you to drop the formalities. You keep calling me ‘Sunggyu-shi’, but it feels a bit weird. You look younger than me so-”

“Yes! By 2 years!” Woohyun cheerfully said as he waved 2 fingers in front of Sunggyu’s face.

So he even knows my age? That’s kind of… “Okay, so you are 25. Maybe you can call me Hyung?”

“Really, really???”

“Um, yeah. It’s not a big deal.” Woah, he’s so excited. Sunggyu handed Woohyun the last plate and proceeded to wash the 3 cups that they used during dinner.

“Hyung.”

“Yes?”

“Hyyyung.”

“What?”

“Hyyyyyyung~” Woohyun sang for the 3rd time.

Sunggyu’s left eye twitched. “What is it?!”

“Nothing. I just like how it sounds.” Woohyun sheepishly grinned and Sunggyu furrowed his eyebrows.

He’s smiling too much. What is he so happy about anyway?? 

“But now that I think about it. You’re only 27, Hyung and Yerin is 5. So she was born when you were 22, you were quite young.” Woohyun remarked as he accepted the last cup and Sunggyu turned off the running water.

“T-things like that happen.” Sunggyu stuttered.

“An accident?” Woohyun guessed.

“Well, kind of. Yerin wasn’t exactly planned. But don’t get me wrong! She is the best thing that has happened to me, I can’t imagine my life without her.” A warm smile appeared on Sunggyu’s face as he thought about his daughter.

“You seem to love her lot.” Sunggyu nodded. “You must have loved her mother a lot as well.”

“Well, actually….” Sunggyu began, sitting on one of the chairs in the kitchen, Woohyun followed suit, sitting across of him. “I had known her for over a year, before we started dating. But we hadn’t been together for that long before, ughm you know. I really liked her, she was very beautiful and kind. But I’m not really sure if she was the love of my life.”

“I see. What about now? Are you dating someone right now?”

“W-what? No, I don’t have time for that. I have been single ever since Soomin passed away.”

“Good.” When Woohyun realized what he had said, Sunggyu was already giving him a weird look. “I-I mean it’s good that you are able to take care of Yerin on your own.” The words were followed by an awkward cough.

“Well, I’m not exactly taking care of her alone. My parents help me a lot, Soomin’s as well. Myungsoo picks her up quite often, because he’s not that busy in the afternoon.”

Woohyun hummed a response and slightly leaned over the table, startling Sunggyu once again with the closeness.

“W-what?”

“Nothing, it’s just… you look quite innocent, Hyung. But you made someone pregnant at such a young age.”

Sunggyu’s cheeks covered in a shade of pink. “S-shut up! T-this is why, youngsters like you should be extremely careful and take safety measures.”

“I don’t think I have to worry about that.” Sunggyu cocked an eyebrow and was about to say something, but Woohyun interrupted him. “It’s getting late, I should probably go. Thank you for the hospitality, the dinner was wonderful.” Woohyun got up and bowed a bit.

Sunggyu hadn’t noticed how late it had gotten and walked Woohyun to the door. “Well, thank you for bringing Yerin home and I’m sorry for my outburst  in the beginning. I should have asked who you were before acting stupid.” Sunggyu apologized once again, but Woohyun just smiled and waved him a goodbye.





Today, for once Sunggyu had finished work earlier and was able to pick up his daughter. The second Yerin saw her father, she ran towards him and jumped on him. “Appa!”

Sunggyu stumbled back a bit, but managed to pick her up. “Easy there, big girl. Daddy is getting older these days.” The girl mumbled something, which Sunggyu couldn’t understand and instead looked around.

“Are you looking for Namu, Appa?” Yerin asked, while hugging her dad.

“N-no. Why would you say that?”

Yerin just shrugged and looked at Sunggyu. “Nee, Appa.”

“Mmm?”

“Can Namu come for dinner again?” She asked with pleading eyes. “He always complains that he has nothing to eat at home.”

“Well, I don’t mind but maybe his girlfriend will-”

“Namu is single. He complains about that almost every day too.”

Really? But he looks like the popular type. Maybe he lied, because he didn’t want to break the children’s hearts? “Okay, but what if he doesn’t want to come?”

“Oh, there he is! Why don’t we ask him? But I doubt he will say ‘No’.” Yerin said, pointing at Woohyun who was coming their way.

“Hello, Sunggyu-shi.” Woohyun greeted and smiled politely.

Why is he using formal speech again? “Hello. How have you been?”

Woohyun was about to answer before Yerin cut in. “Appa actually wants to ask you if you would like to come for dinner tonight.”

Woohyun’s face brightened up in an instant. “R-really?? I would love to! Just, um I have to send 2 more kids home and then change my clothes. I’ll be done in about 30 minutes. Is that okay?”

“Sure. We’ll wait for you at the bakery down the street. I’m sure Yerin won’t mind eating something sweet.” The small girl cheered in the background and Sunggyu let her down. She grabbed her father’s hand and started dragging him to the bakery.

“You were right, he really said ‘Yes’ without thinking too much about it.” Sunggyu said, walking down the street.

“I told you. Namu has nothing better to do than to play with us.”



After dinner, Woohyun stayed up to help Sunggyu again, this time they finished faster because Woohyun joined in the washing. Sunggyu’s dishes were simple, but delicious and Woohyun’s stomach really craved for tasty food and some other things, that could be found only in the Kim’s house.

While Woohyun was putting on his shoes, Sunggyu leaned on the doorframe and let out a sigh.

“What is it, Hyung? Are you tired?” Sunggyu ran a hand through his hair and nodded. “Sorry, maybe I should have left earlier, but time really flies when I’m here.”

It sure does. “Don’t worry about it.” Sunggyu kept quiet as Woohyun put on his jacket, but the decided to ask the question that had been on his mind, during the whole dinner. “Hey, why did you use formal speech earlier today?” He asked in an almost nagging voice.

“Oh, I thought that since we were in school you would have felt awkward if I had called you ‘Hyung’.”

“I don’t mind really. You can use informal speech next time, even in the school, got it?”

“Yes, sir!” Woohyun saluted and Sunggyu laughed at his actions. “So, can I visit again some other day?”

“Sure, it feels nice having you here.”





When Sunggyu said those words, he did not know that Woohyun would become a regular guest at his house. At first, the boy just dropped by occasionally. Then he started coming once or twice a week. But after two more weeks passed, Sunggyu felt like Woohyun was at his house almost every day, which was not far from the truth. But that wasn’t Sunggyu’s biggest problem, what was actually bugging him was the fact that he didn’t mind any of this. He had gotten used to Woohyun’s presence and it felt natural to have him in the house. He started cooking for more than two people and when he laid the table, there were always utensils for three people. And on the days when Woohyun wasn’t there, looking at the empty chair and the unused utensils was strange. Sungyu wasn’t the type who let people in his house on a daily basis. The only other people who usually came over were his co-worker Sungyeol or his brother’s best friend Minseok, who visited with Myungsoo from time to time. Other than that, only Yerin’s grandparents stopped by. Sunggyu kept in touch with some high school or university classmates, but they usually met outside for a drink or a quick meal. So he was really puzzled why he let Woohyun come over so often. Sunggyu now believed that Woohyun really had no girlfriend, because how else could he spend so much time at his house?

Maybe I’m just lonely? Sunggyu wondered one night, when he couldn’t fall asleep. Maybe I need to start dating again? My love life is quite miserable. But then I’ll have less time for Yerin and Woohyun. Sunggyu turned around in his bed, getting even more confused after all the thinking. Why do I even care if I’ll have less time to see Woohyun?





About a month had passed since Woohyun had first set his foot in the Kim's residence and tonight Sunggyu finally let him clean the dishes by himself. Hyung must be really tired lately. Maybe next time I should help with the cooking? I usually just bring ingredients or snacks for Yerin, but I let him do all the job, how careless of me.

When Woohyun was finally done, he headed to the living room where Yerin and Sunggyu were watching tv, but when he arrived he saw that Sunggyu’s eyes were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter