An Introduction for Starters

A Gift in a Blossoming Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On his way downstairs, Kyuhyun still eyed the little creature way too suspiciously, despite this one was practically nestled into his palm and firmly holding his thumb for support. The sensation of having those thin, tiny arms around his finger felt nothing more than a weak pinch on his skin, but Kyuhyun couldn't stop looking down at the supposed fairy without thinking of those same billion questions, one with a bit of sense in mind would ask, if he were in his shoes.

The human reached the little kitchenette and set Ryeowook down on to the counter, near the sink.

"What do you want to do with me?" Ryeowook asked, eyeing a bit fearfully the uncovered drain and its dark depth, most likely the fastest way to oblivion.

"I told you" Kyuhyun scoffed, waltzing around and fiddling with the doors of some of the highest cupboards "I want to find you something to wear, remember?"

"That's so very thoughtful of you, but I feel fine" Ryeowook smiled brightly as he hopped around in uttermost happiness and freedom.

Kyuhyun sighed and rolled his eyes, quickly grabbing the tap to close the drain, one could never know what might happen if Ryeowook fell into the sink by accident.

"Well, I don't. It's not a nice view to see, to be honest" Kyuhyun grumbled, though his cheeks were getting of a slight pink as he spoke.

Ryeowook stopped showing his carefreeness and suddenly halted to look up at Kyuhyun, whom in the meanwhile had collected a few kitchen paper tissues and a roll of tape: "Stay still" Kyuhyun ordered to Ryeowook, once he could grasp him in his hand again. With a few clumsy moves, he folded the tissues, cut them into the shape of a tunic and put them together with two or three little pieces of tape.

Finally he cut a hole on the upper side and tried to put it on Ryeowook, whose head instead was a little bigger than the hole he had cut.

"... you look way smaller!" Kyuhyun cursed as he had to enlarge the hole with another scissor cut.

Ryeowook feigned indignation, especially because Kyuhyun had just dared to curse again when he had explicitly asked him not to, but nonetheless rose both arms up high and willingly let Kyuhyun dress him in that improvised tunic made of paper and decorated with chamomile-scented daisies.

"Looks much better" Kyuhyun grinned, completely satisfied with the final result, though it looked very poor "Just refrain yourself from getting in touch with water or any liquid substance, or your clothes will get drenched and ruined" he admonished the curious creature, who had just turned heels to start discovering a bit more of his surroundings. He had just found a teacup and wanted to see what was inside it.

Ryeowook stepped onto the edge of the saucer, pushing with his feet and feather-like weight onto the china so to unconsciously create a seesaw mechanism due to wich the teacup was completely turned over, stumbling onto the counter. 

"Didn't I tell you not to touch any liquid?!" Kyuhyun scolded him as the jingling noise caught his ears, and he saw that the tunic he had just made for Ryeowook was stained with some green tea leftovers.

Ryeowook's lips trembled almost automatically, just like his eyes were getting watery and glossy with unshed tears. 

Only a few moments born and he already hated people rising their voice, especially at him.

Kyuhyun helplessly sighed again, somehow concerned about the little one as Ryeowook was looking down at his feet and unconsciously, worriedly playing with his hands in his lap. The young man fixed the fallen teacup and then directed his attention back to Ryeowook: "Are you okay?" he asked, looking at the huge stain that had wet Ryeowook's tissue-clothes.

The fairy quickly shook his head, standing still as he watched Kyuhyun washing and rinsing the teacup, then fillig it with lukewarm water and settling it down next to Ryeowook. Two giant fingers gently tore his tunic and Ryeowook couldn't help but see that Kyuhyun was getting a warm bath ready for him; he had even poured a drop of lemon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter