Chapter 3: Killer

Figment

"I can't let you out. I'm your savior. I want you."

A chill run down my spine.

"Are you a maniac or a killer or both?" I ask. I might as well know something about who I'm dealing with.

He smirks, pressing his foot hard on the gas pedal before turning a sharp curve, throwing me off balance. My arms scramble for anything to support my weight.

He's a maniac! A psychopath! He doesn't look like a . Maybe he will harvest my organs and sell them to the black market?

I search my pockets for my phone.

Who am I going to call? What will I tell them? This psycho might catch me if I talk over the phone. I'll just send a message to Hyun Bin.

I open my phone but my kidnapper snatch it from me and throws it out of the window. I blink about a hundred times before exploding.

"You're crazy! What the hell do you think you're doing? Let me out!" I scream at the top of my voice, pummeling him with my fist.

He steps on the break so suddenly that I find my face flattened against the back of his chair. My cheek and neck hurt so bad. I think I broke my neck.

He faces me and snaps, "I'm not a killer but if you don't stop you will get us killed by accident. So just shut up and sleep. You will get knocked out anyway when the headache returns."

Before I can process what he said, a sharp pain strikes my head, making me feel dizzy and blind. My breathing comes in gasps of pain. My hands clutch my head and I can hear my own scream amidst the buzzing in my ears. Before I can utter another word, everything fades away.

 

A LIGHT PRESSURE is against my eyes. I can hear Hyun Bin​'s voice whispering to me, "Careful. We're getting there." His voice soothes the anxiety I am feeling in an instant.

Hyun Bin is with me. It's going to be okay.

"I am not used to surprises," I say to him. "Just tell me what it is already," I demand.

Hyun Bin chuckles, "It's your birthday. I don't want to spoil it for you."

Oh yes. It's my birthday. My 18th birthday.

"Is this my present?"

He doesn't answer.

"Here we are," he says as he removes his hands from my eyes.

"Happy birthday Hye Kyo. Open your eyes," he coaxes.

I open my eyes.

I am in a house. A house unlike my own. It's neat, sleek, and spells money in every corner. A crystal chandelier is hanging over the elaborate living room. No one is around.

A painting of a cheerful family gives the otherwise plain living room a colorful touch.

"Hello?" I call out. I don't know what urged me to do so.

I walk towards the door on the right. It is slightly ajar.

"Hello?" I call out again. My voice echoes faintly in the background.

My feet suddenly becomes heavy. I push myself to get to the door. Something is pushing me to get to the door.

I struggle to drag my feet towards it. Pushing the wooden door slightly with my right hand, a scene is revealed before me.

I try to scream but I can't find my voice.

The floral chair is tainted with a swirl of red and black. Blood is splattered everywhere. Five people are on the floor with their eyes wide open, bathing in their own blood.

Not knowing what to do, I grasp the door handle with my hand, intending to close it, only to realize that my hands aren't empty.

I let the gun fall to the ground.

Horrified, I scream.

 

I can't understand what is happening. Am I a murderer? How can I murder those people? I don't even know them! I try to move, to flee, but a pair of strong arms grab my shoulders, pinning me to a bed. My body aches.

"Wake up!" I heard a man's voice say.

I gasp for air, fighting the hands that are keeping me hostage.

"I said wake up!" I hear the voice again, more clearly now. Someone is shaking me.

I open my eyes to find myself face to face with a man. He's vaguely familiar. I'm panting heavily like I have been running for my life. I try to swat his arms away and that's when I realize that my wrists are tied to the bedposts.

When he finally lets go of me, scenes from last night flashes on my memory. Last night's ordeal and my recent dream mix in an unpleasant twist inside my head. 

"How did I get here?" I ask, my voice hoarse. I swallow the lump in my throat. "And who are you?" I ask, roaming my eyes around the place. We are in what looks like a hotel room. I look at the window and all I can see is gray clouds. We must be several floors up. My eyes travel to the bedside table, where a phone is sitting in its cradle.

Before I can even begin to form a plan inside my head, my kidnapper says, "Don't bother. Line's broken."

My hope at an escape deflates.

He sits on a chair beside me and looks at me. His expression unreadable.

"I'm Song Joong Ki. You don't know me but I know you," he says.

If anything, what he said only opened the flood gates to more questions.

"What do you mean? And will you please remove these ropes? They're cutting my wrists."

I try to move my hands. I hiss when the rope burns my skin.

"After I'm done explaining and when I'm sure you're not going to run away."

"Depends on what you're going to tell me," I narrow my eyes at him.

He takes a deep breath and squares his shoulders.

"I'm the great great grandson of Song Joong Young."

So?

I look at him blankly, waiting for him to continue.

"He's the one who created you."

I blink. Either I'm a time traveler for having a really old dude for a father or he's on drugs.

"What I mean is, you're a character in his story. The main character."