Soju.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Voices come from the living room. Jiyong is lying on the couch. He switches the television on and off. He is bored to death. Changing the channels occasionally, Jiyong asks himself why nothing even nearly interesting appears on the screen. Must be the time.

 

Jiyong eventually gives up, leaves a music channel on and turns around to face the back rest. He starts to count the threads and stiches of the fabric. Grey, white, grey, white, grey.

 

“What are you still doing here?”

 

Jiyong flinches and jerks up into a sitting position. Youngbae is standing behind the couch and looks down on Jiyong.

 

“You could have warned me before giving me a heart attack,” Jiyong says between taking deep breaths, clutching his chest. “You should be asleep, it's after midnight,” he adds after calming down a bit.

 

“Says the one who still couldn't even sleep a wink. Look at your eyebags, man,” Youngbae says. He walks around the sofa and lets himself fall onto the seat next to Jiyong.

“Yeah, I think I might take little Seungri's title soon” Jiyong answers, putting his legs over Youngbae's to change into a lying position again.

“Title?” Youngbae shoves Jiyong's legs to the side to stand up again.

“Panda,” Jiyong says. He bends his legs to let the other stand up easier. Youngbae nods in agreement.

 

“So, why are you still up? Wanna compete for the title, too?” Jiyong asks, watching Youngbae go to the kitchen. He hears the clinking of glasses as Youngbae takes them out of the cupboard.

“No, I wanted to go to bed earlier actually. But certain people's snoring and teeth grinding upset my plans.” He returns to the couch with a two bottles of soju and the matching glasses. Jiyong nods sympathetically.

 

The voices on the television become quieter as Youngbae turns down the volume.

 

“You know, I don't think Seungri is 'little Seungri' anymore”, Youngbae utters, putting down a freshly emptied glass. Jiyong puts down his own glass simultaneously, reaches for the bottle and pours them each another shot.

 

“No, he's grown quite a lot, actually. He's taller than me now”, Jiyong answers and raises his glass to his mouth again. He gulps the strong tasting liquid down and puts the glass on the table again.

 

“Not only that, he acts very grown up and responsible now, too”, Youngbae adds, watching a smile grow on Jiyong's tired face.

 

“Little grown-up Seungri,” he chuckles. “He should act responsible for the things he does at night, too.” Youngbae almost spills his recently filled up glass.

“What – You mean – You're already in that stage?”, he asks incredulously as Jiyong snorts out the mouthful of soju he just downed. He chokes, Youngbae pounds him on his back.

“No - What are you even talking about?”, Jiyong coughs, wiping his face with his sleeve.

“You don't? Okay I just thought with the way you look at each other-” Youngbae begins but stops when he sees Jiyong's brows furrowing in confusion.

“Do you even know how you look at him? Even if one doesn't know you swing both ways one could assume...” Youngbae tells a increasingly wide-eyed and dumbfounded Jiyong.

 

Jiyong drops his now brooding gaze to the glass in front of him, pours himself the last drop of the bottle and immediately downs it. Then he starts explaining.

 

“We don't like each other. I mean, I don't like him, and I don't think he likes me like that. I'm just proud of him, so keep watching him and therefore look at him proudly.”

 

“Then what did you really talk about earlier?” Youngbae helps Jiyong out of his babbling. He didn't intend to embarrass his friend.

“He was sleepwalking that one night and I burned my hand because of him”, Jiyong claryfies. He tries to regain a calm and collected pose again. “I kept him from drinking my hot coffee.”

 

“Ah, so that's what you meant. Is this also why you've been locking up the door recently?”, it suddenly dawns on Youngbae.

“Yeah, so he won't run around at night. He might get caught by weird fans,” Jiyong states.

“And never see the beauty of daylight again,” Youngbae adds with a grin. He takes the empty bottles and glasses and gets up sluggishly.

“So I might as well keep him here,” Jiyong laughs and stands up as well. Progressing what he just said, he looks up at Youngbae. The other grins at Jiyong with one brow raised. Jiyong sighs and rolls his eyes, so Youngbae lets it go and heads towards the kitchen. He puts the glasses and bottles next to the sink, deciding he's to tired now and will put them away in the morning.

 

“I didn't mean I will keep him here for myself,” Jiyong unnecessarily tries to clarify.

“Sure, Jiyong. Whatever helps you sleep at night.” Youngbae dismisses him, turns around and leaves the living room and Jiyong alone.

 

It doesn't help him sleeping. It could be part of the problem actually.

Jiyong stands beside the couch helplessly for a few minutes before he follows Youngbae's example and heads towards his room. He keeps his clothes on and throws himself on the bed.

It doesn't help. So Jiyong lies awake until the sun rises.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

A/N: So here's another short episode :) Hope you like it. Also, to all of you subscribers and commenters: Thank you <3