Coffee.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

It's night. Jiyong is walking up and down in his room. Sighing, yawning, chewing on his pencil. He leaves the pencil in his mouth, forgets about it an takes another to write down a few notes and a few words on the writing pad in his hand, just to scratch them out again furiously. He curses out aloud, the pencil in Jiyong's mouth falls out and to the ground, startling him.

There's no use. He needs some coffee.

 

As the coffee machine runs to produce a nice pot of coffee, Jiyong lets himself lean against the kitchen counter. He slides down and sits on the ground, legs stretched out. Jiyong is exhausted. There is no inspiration to write a song, and it is driving him nuts. He ruffles his hair in frustration.

A sound of tapping feet lets Jiyong sit up from his slumped position. It's Seungri, who stiffly, slowly walks towards the kitchen. Something seems off about him. Jiyong can't point it out yet, but the maknae is clearly out of it.

 

"Yah, Seungri.“

Jiyong grabs the edge of the counter above him and pulls himself up.

"Hm?“

Seungri doesn't look at him. His eyes gaze right through him, without even blinking once as he walks, almost staggers, on.

"Why are you still awake? It's late. You should be asleep.“

Jiyong straightens himself and movess to stand in front of Seungri, crossing his determined path. Seungri mumbles something unintelligible and jerks to a halt.

"What?“

Jiyong looks up and down on Seungri. He is wearing shorts and a shirt, his hair is a mess. He must have already slept.

"Something to drink.“

 

With that Seungri just tumbles straight forward, crashing into Jiyong and effectively pushing him to the side. Jiyong yelps and starts ing, but quiets down abruptly when it hits him.

 

Seungri's unresponsive behaviour. His ruffled hair and glazed eyes which blink so slowly. The mumbling and then only giving a monosyllable answer.

Seungri is sleepwalking. He is asleep. And right now he is pouring himself a nice hot cup of coffee.

 

Jiyong reaches out quickly and without really thinking about it and takes the cup out of Seungri's hand before he can take a sip and burn his mouth. The freshly brewed coffee spills over Jiyong's hand, and he inhales sharply at the pain. Jiyong puts the cup down on the counter fast, concentrating on not letting it fall. He bites his lip to prevent himself from crying out loud. He has heard that you shouldn't wake a sleepwalker.

 

Seungri doesn't even protest, he just stands there with his hand still in the air, now empty. He just stares with glazed eyes, blinks and lowers his hand slowly.

Jiyong shakes his burned hand frantically. It hurts and has taken on an angry red colour instantly. His eyes start watering. He needs to cool the burn, but first he has to take Seungri back to bed before he really hurts himself. With his unburnt hand, he softly grabs Seungri's shoulder from behind and tugs lightly. Seungri lets Jiyong gently guide him towards his bedroom. He seems to have forgotten about the drink he just wanted to have completely.

 

"Where are we going?“ Seungri mumbles.

"To bed“, Jiyong answers, yawning at the thought. He is still shaking his hand. Cool water, soon there will be cool water flowing over it.

 

"Will you tuck me in?“ Seungri stops walking in front of his bedroom door. He hasn't asked this in a long time. Jiyong pushes him a bit, why would he still want to tuck him in, but Seungri stands still stubbornly.

"Sure, I'll tuck you in“, Jiyong gives in. He could have sworn Seungri made a little jump then before he walked on, but maybe he just wanted to see it that way. Jiyong got what he wanted after all when there were no further interruptions until they were at Seungri's bed. Jiyong makes the boy sit down on it, takes the blanket aside and then urges him to lie down. Pulling the blanket over Seungri, he feels almost envious of him. Seungri's already closed his eyes again and breathing calmly.

"Sleep well. And don't come out again. I don't want interruptions when I'm writing.“

 

Who was he kidding, there won't be any good writing tonight anymore. He needs some inspiration. He sighs and bends down to watch Seungri's sleeping face closely. His hair is falling into his face and Jiyong has the sudden urge to brush it out of his face, but stops his hand from doing so when he sees the red marks on it. Right, cooling. We don't want to have blisters tomorrow.

Jiyong straightens up and moves to leave the room. When pushing down the door knob, he hears an faint sound.

"Night, Jiyong. Next time stay to cuddle.“

Sleepingwalking Seungri mumbles the weirdest things.

 

Cold water finally brings ease to the burn on Jiyong's hand. It doesn't look so bad anymore, so he won't need to be angry about it with Seungri in the morning.

When Jiyong returns to his room after cooling his hand, he takes his pencil, puts it in his mouth to chew on, another in his hand. He writes a few words and a few notes and smiles to himself.

 

 

 

_____________________________________________

A/N: Yay, I wrote again. I haven't written in a long time, so please don't judge too hard. :D I still have some ideas for this thingy, so stay tuned for Jiyong's nightly adventures. (But, as you may know from my other stories, I'm a slow writer who always procrastinates, it could take a while...) I still hope you enjoyed this little piece <3