Love at first sight?

My sweet bride

Wonwoo lay on his bed in his room thinking about life, he had done that quite often lately. He had always known what he was going to do with his life, it had been repeated to him as long as he could remembered. Get good grades, behave according to his social class, go to the Nr 1 High School in Korea, get good grades, go to SKY University, take over after father, find a wife and have children so the family business would continue. Never getting surprised about what life has in store for you was making it boring. Yeah, being bored about life was usually what he blamed his emo mode on when acquaintances complained about him being cold and hard to read.

It wasn’t like he was a zombie or something, never feeling emotion. Of course had he cried when grandpa died and gotten happy when his father came back from his monthly 5 days business trip to China or felt joy when he hung out his friends. He knew he lived in luxury and a lot of people had it significally worse than him. He loved his parents and had no problem taking over Jeon enterprise and having an arranged marriage. It was just that nothing had given him a big and lasting impression. Well, except maybe that one time when he was five years old.

 

15 years ago

Mrs Jeon opened the light pink envelope she had received from one of the maids.

Sooyoung, I hope you and your family are well and that we will find time to meet each other soon. My husband has just been moved by his company to their branch in Korea so we will soon live in the same country again. Then we will be able to see each other more often, America is lonely without you and your jokes. I will call you once we have settled in our new apartment, we will live in Gangnam! Do you remember how we used to look at those tall buildings and say that we would live there someday? I sure do. Write soon /// Junhee

PS. I’m sending a photo of Mingyu. What a little darling he is. Doesn’t he grow up handsomely? He is already four years old but it felt like it was yesterday that we brought him home with us from the hospital.

 

Mrs Jeon sighed, she also missed her friend dearly. Her husband tended to be shipped around the globe by his work so they didn’t see each other often. She and Junhee had met each other in the first year of high school, neither knew any of their classmates since they both came from a different area then everyone else, they decided to stick around with each other and found that they had a lot in common.

Mrs Jeon looked at the photo. Indeed, Junhee’s son was adorable. He had all Junhee’s good feutures aswell as her husband’s warm smile. Mrs Jeon looked over at her own son that was building a lego tower with another maid at the floor. He was her little darling boy, always kind and caring. But it worried her that he would feel pressured by his role as heir to Jeon enterprise, he was very mature for his age he had accepted that he would pick out his future wife among some girls they had chosen as suitable calmly only asking he would have to marry them right away because as he had said she would be lonely at home while he went to kindergarten.

She placed the photo on the table and looked through they photos of potential brides once again. They were all top notch, from good families, cute and set to attend the best universities as well as being known for being kind and well-mannered children.  Her son was only five years old and in her opinion he was too young but her husband and in-laws had argued that finding a good bride would be harder the as the years went on and when Wonwoo might be ready, all good girls would long ago have been engaged.

 

One of the maids called for her so she put the photos back onto the table, but before she left she opened the big window to let in some fresh air.

A strong wind blew into the room and left all the photos swirling through the air and landing all over the room. The maid that was occupied with playing with the young master quickly got up to clean up the mess. She carefully picked up each photo. Then she noticed another photo that had landed a bit away from the other ones. She picked it up and looked it over before placing it in the bundle of photos. What a pretty child, this one actually looks like she is having fun instead of that forced smile worn by all those little princesses the maid had time to think before she was called over to continue playing by Wonwoo.  

 

Wonwoo looked over the photo while a butler read the girl’s name, age and background. This was Cho Younghee second daughter to the Cho family that owned clothing chain store Uniqe, she was six years old. Wonwoo didn’t find any of them interesting. To him they all looked the same, long black hair with ribbons, pale milky skin and a pastel colored dress and the girl placed at a small chair. The butler skipped to the next photo. It showed a girl with short black hair, shorts and a striped t-shirt. She had a slight tan and was holding a beach ball. She was smiling so big that sharp canine teeth was revealed. The butler looked confused, this one only says my little Minnie he said as he shrugged.

Wonwoo didn’t listen he just kept looking at the girl in the photo. He had never seen a girl like that one before. His heart beat strangely in his chest. What was this??? The more he looked the faster his heart beat and he felt his face flush.  

 

Author note: Wow, now the first chapter is up. For those who doesn't know, SKY university means Seoul national university, Korea university and Yonsei university. These universities are considered the most prestigious universites a man can attend in South Korea