Chapter 2

The Art of Moving On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The cameras are just everywhere.

They followed Jongin and I around as we walked around the museum.

And now that we decide on getting something to eat, even as I hop in on Jongin’s car, there’s a camera right at the dashboard staring into my face like an owl who does not know what privacy means. Not that I needed privacy with this lump of useless talent.

Without exchanging any words, he went to a bulgogi place. The place where he and I always used to go to back when we were still dating. At the stop light, his eyes shift to where I was and he speaks.

“Uhm-- I know this bulgogi place where we can eat. Do you want to give it a try?”

And for some reason I think that maybe, maybe he was trying something. But one look at his face, remembering what he had done put all those thoughts to rest.

“I think I would like to go to that bulgogi place.” And when he mentions the restaurant’s name for the benefit of the viewers I say, “It sounds familiar. I feel like I’ve eaten there before. I just don’t remember when and with who.”

 

 

“Ms. Yoo Jin!” The ahjumma of the restaurant remembers.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter