Sleepless - Jeon Jungkook -

-Bangtan Boys One Shots-

The rain was an ever present soundtrack of drum beats as you lay awake. Your window the drum kit, the harsh rain being the violent pounds of the drumsticks. A harsh rock beat, headbanging and crowd diving was a must.

Strange shadows were cast on your duvet set, the moonlight from outside seeping through your coloured drapes and along with the rain, making a blurry but beautiful mess of patterns. Your hand slowly found the patch where the pattern was imprinted and soon you had a full sleeve of tattoos, grey and white, the early morning’s gift to you.

 

You checked your alarm clock for the fifth time.

3:24 AM

 

The knock on your door sounded a minute later.

And then his voice broke through the opening chords of the doors guitar rift squeak and he was just like a singer, preparing the crowd to sing with him.

 

“Hey. You awake?” Jungkook had whispered, closing your door behind him.

“Yeah” you answered.

 

He had stood at your door for a few more seconds before you continued.

“The couch lived up to it’s reputation huh?” you asked in a laughing tone.

 

“Yep” he had sighed “Like sleeping on a bed of nails”

You had waited, silently, for him to say something. To do something. Anything.

 

When you realised he wasn’t, you lifted up the side of your blanket and seconds later Jungkook had wrapped it around himself.

You could feel your breathing pick up and you could feel your heart rate soar as Jungkook’s body heat replaced the cool air that had crept into the covers.

Your backs were turned, neither of you daring to look at each other. Neither of you daring to move an inch in from your positions at the edge’s of the double bed. You felt so far away though all you needed to do was reach out your hand and it would come in content with Jungkook’s one.

 

Once again his voice broke through the melody the rain outside had created.

“This isn’t weird is it?” Jungkook had asked after a moment or two “I mean, we’re friends so . . “

 

He didn’t finish and you didn’t think he knew where the sentence was going anyway so you answered instead.

“No. I mean we … . we’re just  … . “ and you didn’t finish either and you were sure you didn’t know where that sentence was going.

“Right” Jungkook had answered, his tone more reassuring himself rather than you “Okay then”

 

You were just friends.

As you moved slightly to get comfortable your thigh brushed Jungkook’s hand and you retracted it like a snake had just bitten you.

“Sorry”

“It’s fine”

 

A few minutes later Jungkook ended up touching your leg with his foot as he tried to readjust the blanket around him.

“Sorry”

“No worries”

And the third time.

 

That was when Jungkook had lifted his hand to rest on your waist.

No sorry’s were muttered after this.

No reassurance that it was accident.

Just his hand, gently laying atop the dip of the waist.

 

When you did nothing to remove his hand, a few minutes later he shuffled closer to you.  You could smell him now, mint  and the scent of freshly washed clothes enclosed him. It was fresh, like flowers and fabric softened mixed together and you found yourself waiting for him to move closer. Just a little closer.

And as if reading your mind, his chest found your back and he let out a sigh that made a shiver run down your spine.

Neither of you spoke. Neither of you moved. There was just you. You and Jungkook and by God it was exhilarating.

Just to lie with him, so close, closer than you had been with any other guy. 

 

There wasn’t much suggestion, no risky movements or wandering hands, there was just the promise of warmth and his hand never leaving your waist. His grip was gentle, like he was holding something that might break and his chest was flush against the back. So innocently done, so gently and gradually that you didn’t dare move a muscle.

 

You had been holding your breath, waiting for him to speak. 

“I like this better” was all he whispered.

 

A shy grin slowly etched itself onto your face and you smiled into your pillow.

“Me too” was all you whispered back.

 

And so the rain went back to lulling you off to sleep.

The final chords to the song of the sleepless.