Wedding Dress

SEVENTEEN: The Thirteen Proposals

"Where you heading?" your cousin asked as she eyed you up and down.

 

You were dressed in simple shorts, topped with an oversized shirt that didn't fail to show your y figure though it was a little bit big for you, paired the two with your sporty neon shoes, and completed the look with your messy bun.

 

"You look like a hanger." your cousin laughed.

 

"What the hell?" you shot her a look. "Stop joking around, will you? How do I look?"

 

"A hanger." your cousin repeated as her laugh became harder. "You look like a hanger, _____________."

 

Okay, your cousin was absolutely not the perfect person for this. Not that you are being too proud of yourself, but you know you didn't look like a hanger. So why are we asking someone to judge how you look again? Because you wanted to hear other's opinion aside from yours. Their opinions matter to you all the time. That's it.

 

You rolled your eyes as you frowned. "You're crazy, Minjae. I don't know how I was able to survive everyday with you and your crooked opinions here in the house."

 

"Crooked?!" she looked at you in disbelief. "What do you mean crooked?! My honest and sincere opinions open every closed eye, pabo!"

 

You laughed at her. "Shut up. I'm not asking you anymore."

 

Minjae stood up and went towards you. She inhaled as she placed a hand on your shoulder. You eyed her, waiting for what she was going to say.

 

"Okay. I just said that because I was like, do you really have to ask how you look? I mean, hey! Beauty runs in our genes! No matter how you dress up yourself, your face will still stand out." she was tapping your shoulder with a light push every time she said something with emphasis.

 

Wow.

 

You placed a hand on her forehead. "Are you okay?"

 

She gave you a poker face. "Yeah, whatever. Go talk to a mirror."

 

She walked back towards the couch and continued watching the movie she was watching a while ago. You laughed as you checked yourself in the mirror for the last time. You both love to annoy each other ever since you were still young.

 

"At least you said my face still stands out." you grinned to yourself before turning to her. "I'll get going now. Jeonghan's waiting. Bye!"

 

"Don't flutter yourself. And go away!" she yelled as she waved you off.

 

"Love you too!" you yelled back at her before closing the door.

--

You arrived at Jeonghan's place. You two were a regular at each other's house since both your parents gave you and Jeonghan their trust that you won't be doing anything off the limit. When it was Jeonghan who went to your house, your cousin would give you some privacy. Which was the only time Minjae was very good to you, what the hell. Since then, you and Jeonghan became more responsible enough when it came to that matter. It will only happen when you are already married which was still a very blurry vision since neither of you paid attention to those stuffs, yet.

 

You knocked at the door and it didn't even take Jeonghan some seconds to open it. You chuckled as he appeared in front of you with a wide grin.

 

"Hey, babe."

 

"Hey." you continued to chuckle.

 

He pulled you inside. "Come in, stop chuckling." he rolled his eyes playfully as he closed the door.

 

You sat down at the couch as Jeonghan walked towards the kitchen.

 

"So what will it be today?" you asked out loud, enough for Jeonghan to hear.

 

Jeonghan came back with a large bowl of pop corn. He set it down on the small glass table in front of you. He stared at you before he kissed your nose and smiled. "Movie."

 

You blushed at that cute move. It was just a small act that Jeonghan does all the time but you never got the hang of blushing every time he does it.

 

He went back to the kitchen and came back with two glasses of juice. He set it down on the glass table before sitting down beside you.

 

"Okay, so what movie exactly?" you asked as you took a sip of the juice.

 

"Hmm." Jeonghan began. He reached out under the glass table and retrieved his CD container. He was searching from one CD to another until he finally gave up. He handed it to you.

 

"You choose, _____________. You are better in choosing." Jeonghan said.

 

You chuckled as you started searching for the perfect movie.

 

"This one!" your eyes lit up as you handed the CD to Jeonghan. He read it out loud as soon as he took hold of it.

 

"Idols." he read. "I haven't watched this movie yet, though it's here in the CD container."

 

He stood up and placed the CD in the player.

--

So for the past 1 hour, you were both laughing so much. It was actually comedy.

 

"Oh my gosh, my tummy." you said as you clutched your stomach.

 

"They said you'll get abs if you keep laughing because your stomach feels pressure when you do." Jeonghan said and you both started to laugh again.

 

So the whole living room was filled with laughter for the next 20 minutes.

 

"Excuse me, babe. I'll just go to the bathroom." you said, trying to talk clearly because of laughing.

 

"Okay, okay." Jeonghan did the same too.

 

What a perfect couple you two.

 

You returned from the bathroom and as what happened a while ago, you still can't stop laughing. You kept slapping Jeonghan's arm everytime there was a funny scenario. But when you looked to Jeonghan's side, he was busy typing on his phone.

 

After some minutes, he looked up at you and shoved his phone to his side, making his thigh cover it carefully.

 

Wait, what's going on? Is he hiding something from you?

 

"You were saying?" Jeonghan smiled at you innocently.

 

"Uhm... The-the movie." you gave him a small smile before looking back at the flat screen TV.

 

Your attention was now divided. Half of it was on the movie, the other on Jeonghan. His phone would snooze from time to time and he would read it immediately as if his life depended on how fast his reaction would be when he feels his phone snooze. Okay then, maybe your attention wasn't divided at all.

 

"Oh gosh this is insane! I never knew I would be laughing this hard. This movie really never fails to make me laugh though I have seen it for like--" you cut yourself as you stared at Jeonghan.

 

You were trying so hard not to get irritated but the fact that you saw your boyfriend smile and sometimes bite his lip and look the other side was bothering you.

 

You slowly scooted closer towards him and peeked on whatever he has doing with his phone.

 

And then there it is! You saw it!

 

"Jina?" you asked as you looked at Jeonghan questioningly, your voice a pitch higher than your usual tone.

 

Jeonghan was startled and he almost dropped his phone.

 

"She's just a friend, babe." Jeonghan explained.

 

"Friend?" you raised an eyebrow as your eyes travelled from Jeonghan's phone then to him.

 

"Yes a friend." Jeonghan nodded. "She really is just a--"

 

"Yeah, continue talking Yoon Jeonghan." you said as you dusted your shirt and shorts. You looked to your side on the couch and swiftly picked up your phone. You stood up and headed towards the door. "I'll get going now. I'm sorry for disturbing your time with your Jina."

 

"What? Babe, she is just a friend, didn't I tell you just now?" Jeonghan immediately followed you.

 

"Whatever." you waved him off with your hand. "Go on and be lovey dovey with your girl. Imma go home and never disturb you ever."

 

"What's wrong with you?" Jeonghan asked, his face now a bit hard. You were surprised to see this side of your boyfriend since he was really the soft kind. You looked down and to the other side. No, you should not lose this argument, you thought. So you looked up again and started to talk.

 

"What's wrong with me?" you pointed yourself. "No! What's wrong with you! You have the nerve to flirt with some girl while I am around? You think I didn't notice you smiling like a fool when you were texting that girl? I'm not stupid, Yoon Jeonghan!"

 

"Didn't I tell you? She's just a friend! What part of that don't you understand, _____________?" Jeonghan massaged his temples.

 

"Would you be smiling like that if she was just a friend? Would you cover your phone like that as if there was a secret inside that needs to be protected? Afraid that I might know? Now, tell me. Why would I believe you when I saw it with my own two eyes?" you asked, your eye contact with Jeonghan maintained. You were swallowing slowly now, because you can feel your eyes a bit watery.

 

"You should believe me because for the past 5 years as your boyfriend, not even once did I lie to you." Jeonghan answered.

 

That was true. He never lied to you. But who knows? People change, right? Maybe now he is.

 

"People change. And the two of us are not an exemption for that. Anyone can lie. Even the most honest person can." and with that, you left Jeonghan standing beside the door.

--

"Hey." your cousin Minjae nudged you.

 

You looked at her blankly.

 

"The hell, _____________!" Minjae shrieked. "Stop with that face, will you? You're creeping me out, gosh!"

 

You looked back down to your toes as you shifted yourself to another position at the couch.

 

"Hey, it's Jeonghan's turn to come here today for your scheduled dates, right? Where is he?" Minjae asked as she checked the wall clock. "Wasn't he supposed to be here ten minutes ago?"

 

You kept quiet.

 

"I'm asking here. I need an answer." Minjae tapped her foot on the floor impatiently as she rolled her eyes.

 

"We fought." you weakly said.

 

"You what?!" Minjae slapped your arm but you didn't feel anything.

 

"You heard me." you frowned.

 

"Why the hell did you fight?!" Minjae now sat beside you on the couch. "You guys never fought but how come now?"

 

"I guess it was my fault." you looked at Minjae with an apologetic look. "I guess I jumped to conclusions too quickly."

 

"Why? Tell me the whole thing." Minjae said.

 

"You know I was at his place 4 days ago, right?" you asked in which Minjae nodded. "We were watching a movie. Comedy to be exact. We were enjoying it until I returned from the bathroom and noticed that Jeonghan's phone would be snoozing from time to time and he would be smiling and bite his lip and look the other side. Now, my girlfriend instincts were telling me that there was something going on. When I scooted closer, there I saw the girl's name. Jina."

 

"And then?" Minjae asked.

 

"I asked him who the girl was and he said she was just a friend." you continued.

 

"And? You didn't believe him?" Minjae raised an eyebrow."

 

"I did not." you answered.

 

"God, _____________!" Minjae looked at you in disbelief. "Since when did Jeonghan ever lied to you? He never did. And probably never will because that's how much he loves you!"

 

You massaged your knees as you felt a tear roll down your cheek. You thought this over and over again for the past 4 days and you came with the conclusion that it really was your fault for reacting that way. Jeonghan never lied to you, that's true. It's been 4 days but not even one text message from Jeonghan appeared on your phone and you became so worried as hell.

 

"Would you mind calling him?" Minjae asked as she stared at you, disturbed.

 

Minjae was not the type of cousin who gets on your side when something is wrong because she lectures you and pinpoints every wrong part of the situation on your side of the story, which explains her expression right now.

 

Right. You never had the courage to call your boyfriend or even send a text message ever since that day you fought, though you are very worried as what was said earlier. You were too embarrassed to do so, especially that it was obviously your fault.

 

"I...I can't." you shook your head. "I can't do it."

 

"Aissh." Minjae rolled her eyes and swiftly took your phone and searched Jeonghan's number.

 

Your eyes widened and you tried to get back your phone. "Minjae! No!"

 

"Shut up." Minjae continued to search for Jeonghan's number as she tried to take your phone farther away from your reach. "If I won't do this, then who would?"

 

"I'm telling you, Lee Minjae! Don't call him!" you shrieked and still didn't surrender in getting back your phone.

 

"I'm calling him now." Minjae said triumphantly.

 

You surrendered. Minjae can't be stopped, you should've known better.

 

"Oh! Ah, hey Jeong-Jeong." Minjae said her eyes travelled to you. She signalled you that Jeonghan picked up. She mouthed 'I'm not lying' to you.

 

"It's Minjae. Actually, I want to say sorry in behalf of my cousin. The truth is, she wants to talk to you." Minjae listened intently to what was being said in the phone. Her eyebrows creased. "No, no, wait, wait!"

 

She then stared at the phone on her hand. "He hung up."

 

"I told you not to call him." you said.

 

"But there has to be a way for you to meet! You both can't be like this forever!" Minjae scratched her head aggressively. "Aissh! Think of something, _____________. Think!"

 

You thought hard. You really did. And the one that got to your mind was the place where you and Jeonghan always hang out before.

 

"I know." you raised your hand.

 

"Finally." Minjae sighed.

--

Later that afternoon, you immediately prepared yourself and by preparing meaning changing into something nice. You don't know why but you found yourself fancying some dresses today. Maybe your inner stylist is screaming for you to dress up for Jeonghan. You changed into a floral dress and paired it with a doll shoes. You let your hair loose, showing how silky it is.

 

"Faster. Maybe he's not there anymore." you heard Minjae call.

 

"He's still there. I have a strong feeling." you said as you stared at your reflection on the mirror.

 

"Yeah but still. Go faster!" Minjae frowned at you as she started pushing you out of your room. "What did I tell you about the looks? You don't need to check yourself on the mirror too much. Jeonghan knows you're the prettiest."

 

"You sound so weird but thanks." you laughed slowly as you hugged Minjae.

 

"And you believe me?" Minjae laughed. She stopped as she saw your unpleased face. "Okay, okay I was just kidding. Now go! Shoo!"

 

You almost tripped when you stepped out of the house. There was a big box at the doorstep with a note on it.

 

"Who placed this here?" you asked as you looked to each side, hoping that the person responsible for this was still around.

 

"Let's read the note." Minjae said as she stooped down to read the note while you kept looking to each side.

 

"Open the box. Open the box? That's it?" Minjae asked.

 

"Let's open it then." you said.

 

You took the box inside and closed the door. You opened it and your eyes widened upon realizing what it was.

 

In front of you and Minjae was a wedding dress. A simple yet pretty wedding dress to describe it further.

 

You and Minjae looked at each other in shock, both your eyes and mouth opened wide. You both looked back at the wedding dress.

 

"Who could've placed this there?" you asked.

 

"We didn't ask for a wedding dress delivery. Wedding dresses didn't replace pizza deliveries, right?" Minjae stared at the wedding dress, clueless which made you stare at her with a poker face.

 

"Nice joke." you said which made Minjae have the poker face now.

 

"Oh! Wait, wait." Minjae took the wedding dress and found another note on the very side of it in the box.

 

You decided to read it this time. "This wedding dress is urgently expected at the chapel near the park at the heart of the city by 5PM." You stared at Minjae.

 

"So we have to be the ones who'll give this to the bride? Oh my gosh." Minjae shook her head. "What time is it?"

 

"4:15." you said as you checked your wristwatch. "45 minutes left. How much time will it take to reach the destination?"

 

"If you take the bus, it might take 40 because of the stops. If you take the taxi, it will take about 25-30 minutes." Minjae answered.

 

"Taxi it is." you said as you placed the wedding dress back in the box.

 

"Wait, wait. You're going?" Minjae asked you in disbelief. "Are you serious?"

 

"Yeah, who else would return this?" you asked her. "And plus. It's not everyday that we are asked a favor."

 

"What if that's a joke?" Minjae asked which made you stop.

 

Yeah. Minjae's right. What if it's a joke? What if it's one of those pranks that bored humans pull for fun?

 

"It can't be. Who would buy a wedding dress this nice just for a prank?" you tried to sound convincing. "But if you really think it is, then you can go with me."

 

"I think I'll pass. You can take care of yourself." Minjae laughed. "I was kidding, okay? I know you got this, cous."

 

You rolled your eyes.

--

You rode the taxi and in exactly 30 minutes, you arrived at your destination. You observed the chapel but there was no one there. You looked to each side in hopes of seeing some people in suits or gowns but there was no one. The chapel had no flowers too. Absolutely nothing.

 

Your heart started beating rapidly. Maybe Minjae was right after all?

 

Just then, your phone rang. You read the caller ID but it was an unregistered number. Nevertheless, you answered it.

 

"He-hello?" you answered.

 

"Hello." a girl's voice answered. "Is this _____________?"

 

"Why? What do you want?" you asked as you transferred to a spot near the chapel which was not so open for others' eyes to see you.

 

"You have the wedding dress?" the girl asked.

 

Your eyes widened. How did she know?

 

"Who is this?" you asked as you watched every side of your spot.

 

"I'm the one who left the wedding dress at your doorstep." the girl answered. "Meet me at the park near the swing."

 

"How would you guarantee me that this is a not a prank?" you asked again.

 

"You'll know later when we'll meet." the girl replied before she hung up.

 

Your eyebrows creased as you tightened your arms around the box, holding it closer to your chest. If that girl tries to harm you, you know some move for self-defense. You can manage to break her bones.

 

You just kept that thought firm in replacement of your nervousness as you started walking to the park near the swing.

 

You waited for the girl to call but instead, you saw a red head girl approaching you.

 

You straighten yourself, all senses awake.

 

"_____________?" the girl smiled at you.

 

"Yes." you nodded. "And you?"

 

"No time for that. My friend needs that now, so let's go!" she said as she pulled you towards her car.

 

"Hey, wait! I cannot just go with you directly. I don't know you." you pulled back your hand from her grasp.

 

"A person close to you knows me so don't judge me because you are about to help a friend of mine. Now let's go!" and with that she pulled you again and in you both went to her car.

 

You reached a hotel and you both went to the 17th floor. You went inside a room and the girl started to talk.

 

"Okay, go." the girl said as she placed one hand on her waist and the other on her forehead.

 

"Can you try putting on that dress?" the girl pointed to the box. "The comfort room's there."

 

"Why?" you asked, absolutely dumbfounded.

 

"No more questions, please?" the girl looked desperate. "My friend has absolutely the same body size as yours. I just need you to try putting it on so that it won't be hard for her later when she puts it on. Don't worry, she won't be against this. Now go!"

 

You can't stop wondering why the hell do you have to put this wedding dress on when first up, you're not the one who's going to get married and second, you don't know the bride. The girl surely is weird.

 

When you stepped inside the comfort room, you observed the dress and realized that it was really pretty. Your mind immediately travelled to that day where you will be the one walking down the aisle and Jeonghan would be waiting for you at the altar.

 

You sighed.

 

You miss him so much.

 

You put on the dress and as you stepped outside the bathroom, the girl was nowhere to be found.

 

"Uhm...miss? Miss?" you called as you searched each corner of the hotel room but she was just not there. You let out a loud sigh but when you came across the big mirror and saw your reflection, you were surprised. The dress perfectly fits you. Wow.

 

You shook your head. Oh my god this dress is not yours. You can't just go outside wearing this dress. So for your second attempt, you tried searching again when you noticed a piece of paper on the small table.

 

'_____________, I need you to go to the rooftop. My friend is waiting there. Please make yourself presentable enough, okay? Thanks.'

 

"What the hell." you blurted. You let your head down as you closed your eyes. After some minutes, you stood up and checked yourself on the mirror. You didn't bother to make yourself presentable. You won't be a part of the wedding anyway. You're just going to show it to her friend, right? Right.

 

So you peeked your head out of the room just to make sure that there was no one lingering outside. After finally convincing yourself that there was absolutely no one, you closed the door and ran as fast as you could as you held the bottom part of the dress up to refrain you from stepping on it.

 

"Watch out. She's on her way there." a girl's voice said to someone on the phone.

--

You reached the rooftop, almost out of breath. Using the stairs was the dumbest idea.

 

You looked to each side, searching for the said friend of the girl who wrote the letter. You looked ahead of you and you found someone standing there, back facing you.

 

So you started to walk towards the person but you stopped when you realized that it was a boy. Of course because he was wearing a suit. Maybe this is the groom?

 

You continued walking until you finally reached him. You were about to tap his shoulders when he cleared his throat.

 

Your eyes widened.

 

He...he sounds like Jeonghan.

 

"E-excuse me?" you said.

 

"_____________." the guy turned and there. Your question was answered.

 

Jeonghan stared at you, hands inside his pockets.

 

"Wh-what are you..." you trailed off as you looked at him. "You-you're the groom?"

 

He nodded yes and he looked apologetic. You can feel your eyes watery now.

 

"Ho-how did this..." you cannot finish your sentence.

 

"I'm sorry..." Jeonghan said. He looked at you. He stepped forward and hugged you. You hugged him back, letting your tears fall now.

 

"No...it's...just..oh, I don't know." you cried harder.

 

"I'm sorry for not letting you know about this." Jeonghan said as he rubbed your back. "I didn't want my bride to know anything about this."

 

You let him go now. "I'm so stupid. I even wore this dress, though it's for your bride. I'll be going back now before she arrives and sees this."

 

"My bride is already here." Jeonghan answered.

 

"What???" you looked around, alarmed. "Where? Where? I have to go!"

 

Jeonghan held your arms. "I'm holding her right now."

 

You stopped when you heard that. You looked at him. "What did you..."

 

"You are my bride, _____________." Jeonghan said as he looked you in the eyes. He held you tighter.

 

"Jeonghan, stop playing around. It's not funny." you frowned at him as you tried to break free from his grasp.

 

"I ain't playing around. When did I ever play around?" Jeonghan's face was serious as hell.

 

You just finished crying earlier, but now your vision was becoming blurry again because of your tears.

 

"You see, I planned this." Jeonghan confessed. "I planned all of this with Jina."

 

"Jina?" you asked.

 

"Yes. She is a very close friend of mine. The one you got jealous at. She is already married and has two kids. She owns a big dress shop. She makes dresses and suits of all kinds, for all occasions that's why I asked for her help."

 

It struck you. You got jealous at a married woman?

 

"But why were you smiling like that?" you asked.

 

Jeonghan laughed. "Who wouldn't? I mean, I got so excited when she told me that the dress and the suit were already done. I had to hide it from you because I wanted to surprise you."

 

"I'm...I'm sorry." you cried again. "I'm really sorry for reacting that way."

 

"No, babe. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have made it look as if I was flirting with another girl while you were there. I tried to hide my excitement, believe me I did. But I'm just not good at it. I realized it after you left me at my place." Jeonghan pouted.

 

"I'm sorry." you said as you hugged him. "And don't even think that you never crossed my mind just because I didn't text or call you, okay? You always did. I was just scared because I thought you were mad at me."

 

"It's okay, stop saying sorry now. That was gone. And the important thing is, we are both here." Jeonghan held both your cheeks so you can face him. "Me? I am only for you. I don't want to be anywhere else but with you. Becoming jealous isn't a crime, babe. You just made me feel more valued and loved when you did."

 

You can't stop crying now. You just can't believe that this was happening.

 

"And that girl who brought you here? That was Jina." Jeonghan chuckled.

 

"That...that was he-her?" you asked in between sobs and Jeonghan nodded.

 

He let go of you and reached something inside his pocket. He kneeled down on one knee. Oh my god.

 

"_____________, I love you. There will be no one else but you. I have shown you my real intention years have passed. I have had the best days in my life with you and I want to have more of it spent only with you. _____________, will you marry me?" Jeonghan presented the ring in front of you, his eyes full of sincerity.

 

You clasped your hands as you covered your mouth. You looked at him as your tears fell from your eyes. "Yes, Yoon Jeonghan. Yes!"

 

Jeonghan's smile was wide. He slipped the ring on your finger and as soon as it was finished, he hugged you tight.

 

"You made me the happiest man alive, babe." Jeonghan said as he grazed your cheeks affectionately.

 

"And I will make you even happier in the future, babe." you tapped his nose with your index finger.

 

Jeonghan chuckled. "I will make you the happiest woman."

 

"I already am." you smiled.

 

"I love you very much."

"I love you too. Very much."

 

And with that, Jeonghan sealed your lips with a kiss that will mark you forever as his.

--

End of Chapter 2!

So how was it? Hope you liked this update guys~ Next up! Joshua's :) See you in the next update.~

 

-seventeen_carat-