Worth It

SEVENTEEN: The Thirteen Proposals

"How is the food?" Seungcheol asked you as he fed you his food.

 

He wanted you to taste his lasagna which was giving him so much excitement. You were on a vacation together at Daegu so that you can both have a break from your busy schedules.

 

You stared at him teasingly as he waited for your answer, excitement evident in his eyes. You decided to play around.

 

You frowned after swallowing. "It didn't taste good."

 

Seungcheol's excitement was replaced by disappointment. "Really? I swear it really tasted good."

 

You tried to hide your smile. "Asses the food first before you put it in my mouth, Cheol."

 

He rolled his eyes as he pointed his lips. "I don't have to asses this, do I?"

 

Your cheeks puffed a bright pink. "Hey!"

 

"What?" Seungcheol laughed as he played with his food using his fork.

 

"Don't do that!" you pointed him with your chin.

 

"Do what?" he smirked.

 

You were so sure that the tables turned this time. He was now the one teasing you. You were supposed to be annoyed by the fact that you're always losing to your boyfriend but this time, you found it funny.

 

You looked at him amused as you pinched his cheeks. "Stop flirting. It doesn't suit you."

 

He frowned this time which made you laugh. "Hey! That's not funny, _____________!"

 

You kept laughing until the corners of your eyes already had tears.

 

"Fine. Be like that." Seungcheol rolled his eyes as he crossed his arms over his chest.

 

You tried to stop your laugh this time as you stared at your boyfriend who was frowning so much. You settled your spoon and fork beside your plate as you continued to stare at him.

 

Seungcheol, who was across you was facing the other side which gave you a good view of his attractive side profile. His prominent jawline that made you breathless caught your attention again. You admired that part of his face so much.

 

"Continue staring." Seungcheol said which brought you back from your trance. "I know you like it."

 

You looked to the other side, embarrassed. Though you and Seungcheol have been together for 6 years, you still get embarrassed when he catches you admiring that part of him.

 

"Shut up. You know I wasn't." you tried to sound calm as you reasoned out.

 

"Yeah, yeah. You don't like it because you love it. Yeah, I get it." Seungcheol faced you this time as he had on that smug look on his face.

 

You rolled your eyes at him. "You think, Mr. Choi. You think."

 

Seungcheol laughed that sweet laugh of his as he stood up from his seat and sat next to you. He wrapped his arms around your arms that formed a triangle under your knee that your fingers were clasping on. He leaned in and gave you a kiss on the cheek. "I think you're the loveliest girlfriend, though."

 

Your cheeks started to heat up as you looked at him. Okay, you have to admit it that he caught you with that. And you also have to admit that you loved it when he is all sweet and affectionate. You missed this side of him since you both were just so busy with work recently. Well, it was often you who cancelled several dates since your work was eating up almost all the time you have set for Seungcheol. That's why you really feel bad for him since he was the one always adjusting. You are just so lucky to have him.

 

You can't hide your smile as you faced him this time. You cupped his cheeks as he continued grinning. "And I think you're the most handsome boyfriend in the world."

--

It was your third day in your vacation and everything was going on pretty well until your boss called, saying that you have to finish the report you were given before the due date. You didn't have the chance to let him understand that you are on a vacation which almost only happens once a year since it was a very important matter to the company and to you too. For if you will ace this report, you will be promoted to a higher rank in the company you are working in.

 

You immediately started the report. Seungcheol, who was out to buy some snacks came back after some minutes and popped his head inside the room but you were too busy making the report to notice. You were then startled when you heard him talk.

 

"Did you just arrive?" you asked.

 

"I arrived 5 minutes ago." he replied as he placed the paper bag on the dining table which was in the center of the room. "I bought your favorite snacks, babe."

 

"Really?" you smiled without looking at him, happiness evident in your voice.

 

"Yes, yes. You wanna eat it now?" Seungcheol asked as he went towards you.

 

"Yes, please." you answered as you now looked at him.

 

"What are you doing?" Seungcheol asked as he stared at your laptop. His face dropped. "You are working on a report?"

 

You pouted. "I'm sorry, babe. I can't reject it. You know.."

 

Seungcheol pinched your nose. "I totally understand. Just make sure it won't eat up the time that you should spend with your handsome boyfriend."

 

You laughed at his statement. "Yes, I promise!"

 

He laughed with you as he sat down at the couch and patted the seat next to him. "Come here and eat. Just go back after eating."

 

You happily stood up as you made your way towards him.

 

"Say aaah!" Seungcheol was holding the food, obviously trying to feed you.

 

You opened your mouth and he put the food inside. "How is it?"

 

Your eyes twinkled. "Mmm mmm! I love it!"

 

Seungcheol laughed. "Feed me too?"

 

You grinned as you swiftly grabbed the container away from him. "Only if you catch me."

 

You stood up and ran around the room. You looked like an 8-year-old kid who was so eager to play tag which made Seungcheol laugh again.

 

"Aigoo. You really want to play, huh?" Seungcheol stood up and ran after you. You were laughing so hard while trying to escape from Seungcheol who was trying to catch you.

 

"Omona!" you shouted as he almost took hold of you.

 

By this time, your legs were already starting to shake which made you run slow.

 

"Gotcha!" Seungcheol held your waist firmly as he carried you bridal style and spin the both of you around.

 

"Choi Seungcheol! I swear I will kill you if you continue spinning!" you shouted as you shut your eyes hard and held on to Seungcheol's neck.

 

Seungcheol was laughing so hard and stopped after some seconds. He stared at you with a smile as you opened your eyes. You hit his chest playfully as the two of you laughed together.

 

He put you down and you both went to the couch and sat down. Seungcheol placed his right arm over your shoulder and let his fingers play with your hair. He was smiling at you. Again.

 

"I swear I'm going to melt if you continue staring." you chuckled as you tapped his nose.

 

Seungcheol leaned in and was about to give you a kiss but you let the snack get in the way between his lips and yours. You fed him just like what he wanted you to do earlier. He laughed as he let your head rest on his shoulder. His fingers continued to play with your hair. Then suddenly, you felt your fingers intertwined. You looked at it and smiled. It felt so good to hold his hand this way.

--

Sixth day, you were all the while working while Seungcheol was trying his best to control his disappointment towards this whole thing. You were both on a 1 week vacation, a 7 days-6 nights vacation together to have a break from work but here you are, working on the stupid report. Seungcheol has been giving way even though he's hurting every time he does just so it won't affect his relationship with you but he thinks it's going overboard now.

 

"Cheolie," you called.

 

"What?" he replied coldly which surprised you.

 

He was never the type to do so.

 

You walked over to him and sat down beside him when he stood up just in time your came in contact with the couch. "I'm tired. Let me sleep."

 

Your eyes followed him as he laid on the bed, his back facing you. You furrowed your eyebrows, obviously taken aback by his sudden action.

 

"Seungcheol?" you called him cautiously.

 

"_____________, I'm tired okay? Please just let me sleep." he answered.

 

You won't buy that. You want to dig deeper on what is wrong with him so that you can adjust and what not but he was putting up defensive walls around him this time which made it even harder for you to be able to talk to him.

 

But that didn't stop you.

 

"Seungcheol," you called again. "Is something wrong?"

 

There was a moment of silence until Seungcheol sprang up in bed.

 

"Fine. You want to know what's wrong?" he said as he was now looking at you.

 

You don't know how to react but you nodded anyway.

 

"Do you know why we're here? In Daegu? In this hotel?" he asked as he made gestures.

 

"Y-yes." you answered.

 

"Yeah, you know." Seungcheol snorted. "How come you still brought your work here, huh _____________? Why can't you just give us time for each other? When will you learn how to say no to your work? I mean, I have been giving way for your work even though it's consuming the time that we could've spend together but how come it still gets in the way now?"

 

You opened your mouth but there was no word that came out. You wanted to explain to him so that he won't be thinking that you are taking him and his love for granted but you were too surprised to do so. You never thought that this day would actually come. You never thought that Seungcheol would actually get mad. You looked down in shame. Of course you know it's your fault. You always had a bad balancing of time when it comes to your work and Seungcheol.

 

You bit your lip as you raised your head to look at Seungcheol, only to see his back facing you.

 

Seungcheol felt as if a big burden was lifted off his shoulders. He never wanted to tell you or even show you that he was having a hard time adjusting to the fact that you always don't have time for him but he actually just did a few minutes ago. It surprised him too that he was able to let it all out since he was never used to that kind of thing.

 

"I'm sorry. You know this report is important. It's for my promotion, babe." Seungcheol heard you say.

 

He let out a loud sigh.

 

"Seungcheol," he heard you call. "Please don't be like this."

 

"Let's put it this way, then." he started. "If you can't finish this damn report, then maybe..."

 

You don't know why but it made you uneasy hearing him say those words. It's as if it was threatening.

 

"Maybe what?" you asked, hands trembling.

 

"Maybe we should just break up." Seungcheol closed his eyes after saying that.

--

You have been crying since 7:43 PM until now that it was already 10PM. Seungcheol did not sleep in your room. He just went out without saying anything after what he mentioned, the break up.

 

You don't know what to do. You really don't. You have been together for 6 years and it would just end because of one report? You shook your head at the thought of it. Seungcheol wasn't serious about this, was he?

 

You decided to call him after debating with yourself. It rang 5 times before he picked it up.

 

He didn't talk but you knew he was listening.

 

"Cheol," you started, your voice obviously another tone because of crying. "Please talk to me. Let's sort this out. Tell me where you are."

 

You heard him sigh. "Okay. Meet me at the back garden of the hotel."

 

That was a relief. It didn't matter to you anymore whether you were begging for him or what but what matters now is your relationship. Seungcheol deserves to be treated better. So if he endured those times when you cancelled numerous dates and he still didn't give up on you, then you would also put a lot of effort in saving your relationship and getting back his trust now right? Of course you would. Your relationship with him is worth saving and you know that.

 

You didn't waste time as you scrambled towards the bathroom to wash your face to ease your very puffy eyes. You immediately took the lift as it took you to the ground floor. You looked around the large hallway, only to see the security guards and a few hotel personnel.

 

You walked towards the back garden of the hotel and it was like deja vu. This was the exact time you met Seungcheol and the funny part is, it was also in a hotel when both your families were on vacation. You looked around and you finally gave up. It was really deja vu. The setting now and six years back then were the same, only that it was not in Daegu.

 

As you stepped on the territory of the back garden, it became bright with lights. Your eyes widened. It was beautiful.

 

"Impressed?" you heard someone say.

 

Seungcheol stepped out of the bush not so far from where you were standing.

 

"Seungcheol..." you whispered.

 

He walked towards you and stopped when you were centimeters away from him. He looked down then took your hand which sent shivers down your spine. He looked at you in the eyes this time. You were trying so hard not to cry.

 

"_____________," he started.

 

"Look, Cheol. I'm really sorry. I--"

 

"Sshhh." Seungcheol gently shook his head as he gave you a small smile. "I should be the one saying sorry. I wasn't able to control myself."

 

You sniffed slowly this time as you felt your eyes watery. You knew you were about to cry. You absolutely did not like how Seungcheol took the blame since you know that you were the one who caused this whole misunderstanding to happen.

 

"Cheol, I-I promise." you said in between sobs. "I promise th-that I will balance my time from now on."

 

Seungcheol chuckled softly. "Babe, stop it. Let's forget about what happened. I'm sorry for being so mean to you."

 

He hugged you tight and you thanked him mentally for that was what you needed at the moment. His comforting hug was way better than anything else. You hugged him back, making him feel how much you missed him and how much you love him.

 

"What's with all the beautiful lights?" you asked as soon as you both separated from the hug.

 

Seungcheol smiled as he held your waist and kissed your cheek. "Actually, I planned this months before."

 

"Really? Wow. It's nice, babe." you smiled at him.

 

He laughed at your answer. You surely were cute when you look so innocent.

 

"What?" you asked him, your brows furrowing.

 

Seungcheol suddenly became serious. He cleared his throat.

 

"To be honest, I was referring to this." he pulled a black tiny box with a red ribbon. He looked at you as he gave you a smile. "You know what this is?"

 

You looked at him in confusion in which Seungcheol chuckled. "What is that?"

 

Seungcheol opened it and right there in front of you was a shining ring. Your eyes widened as you covered your mouth that went agape.

 

"S-Seungcheol..."

 

"_____________, I want you to know much you mean to me and how much you changed me to become a better person I can be." Seungcheol said as he did not break your eye contact. "You taught me how to control my not so good side, you taught me how to love without expecting something in return, and most of all...you taught me how to value the most cherished gift I have been given. To me, that's you. God knows how much I love you and how grateful I am just to have you with me, _____________."

 

Your vision was now blurry. You can't stop your tears because of the overwhelming emotions.

 

Seungcheol then kneeled on one knee and placed the box in front of you with his hand. "Will you marry me, _____________?"

 

You touched Seungcheol's cheek with your free hand and gave him a loving smile. "Yes, babe. Yes!"

 

Seungcheol sprang up and hugged you tight. He slipped the ring on your finger as he grazed it affectionately. He looked at you with a smile. "It's beautiful just like you. I love you, Mrs. Choi."

 

You chuckled at that. "Babe, I'm not Mrs. Choi."

 

"But you are going to be." Seungcheol held you in his arms this time as you let your head rest on his chest. He circles his arms around your waist protectively as he swayed you both gently. "I will be the best husband and the best father, babe. I won't promise but I know I will."

 

You smiled as you closed your eyes. "I know you will. You are the best boyfriend to start with."

 

Seungcheol smiled as he pulled away but still held you in his arms. He kissed your forehead lovingly, then your closed eyes, then your cheeks, then your nose. He paused as he stared at your lips. You opened your eyes only to see him staring.

 

"I love you very much." and with that, his soft lips touched yours ever so gently. You closed your eyes again as you circled your arms on his neck. You kissed him back and you felt his arm pushing your head closer as he deepened the kiss. By now, his fingers were on your cheeks them.

 

You pulled away as you both were almost out of breath. "I love you too." you said.

 

You both returned to the hug and Seungcheol ended it with a kiss on your forehead.

---

There you go~ Every update will be the oneshot of each member. So the next one will be Jeonghan's. :) Comment, vote, and subscribe ^^ I would love to read your reactions, my dear readers :) Hope you like this update. Byee~

 

-seventeen_carat-