The Meeting

I Was Alone

It was just dawn, Solar wakes up to get ready for work. Pretty early right? Well it's her routine eversince. She takes off her dental night guard, which she use because of her fancy dreams of eating. Grabbed a bottle of animal blood from the refrigerator.


Her survival as a vampire is from the animal's meat and blood. Well humans are interesting too, like when they are so close to her. Solar will go crazy internally, smelling the human's natural scent. She never tried one, her self control is the best among all.


She went to her work room to inject the formula. The formula makes her skin, go through the sun. Well she works inside a building, so the so called antidote is not that powerful. It is also to turn her red eyes to brown. Wearing contact lens is not enough for her, she need to make sure.

^
So where did the formula come from?
-It was a formula left by her parents when she was a baby. Yes a baby, she was left in the mansion with her family's vampire maid. Solar lived with the maid for 15 years, then she just dissapeared one day. Back to the formula, Solar studied the formula by each component of it. Improving it as years passed...


As of now, Solar is finding her vampire clan. She might be alone now, but she knows they are still existing. When she finds them, she will just go there without any thinking. Living 25 years in the human society is enough for her
^


She took her clothes off and went inside the shower room she ties her hair up. As usual, she always look at her tattoo. She got her tattoo by age of 20. It was like a command from her parents. They left Solar with a book, that's like a life guide of a vampire thingy. And an image of a sun, telling her to tattoo it on the back of her neck.
After taking a shower she wear her brown contact lenses. Dress herself up with covered clothes. People always think of her as a conservative type to dress. But actually it's just to refrain from the sunlight. She went outside and drive her car to the company building.



She went inside the building, and people are greeting her. Being a great engineer in the company, she became well known. She greets back with a nod. Solar might be a loner, but it's because it is her choice to be one. She doesn't have a bad attitude towards others.


She sat down on her sit, inside her office. An employee was doing rounds per room. She heard him even he is just by the first room in the floor, thinking about her office that is the 30th one. She has sharp hearing skills, she can hear things even if it's far away from her.

"Eng. Solar, the new manager will be here in 10 minutes. Get ready for the meeting that will be at the 10th floor" the employee said then closed the door


Wow a new manager, I always hate the new ones. Solar gets ready by cleaning her table with blue prints in it. Sipping her wine that is secretly animal blood in the colored bottle. She wears her coat and glasses.

She sit down last, and waited for the manager to come in. Everyone was anticipating it, if the new manager is nice or grumpy like almost all managers in the company.

Solar is hearing many people, the new manager seems to be on the 10th floor now.
"She's good looking"

"Isn't she too young?"

"She looks nice for me"

Then the door opened, their manager and the 'new manager'. In no time, the human scent hit the vampire Solar, she was just 2 meters away from the new gal. It's been a long time since a new flesh came here... with a great scent.


"Everyone, this is the new manager. Her name is Moon Byul Yi. She's from the another branch of this company" The former manager said while being all smiley. The gal 'Moon Byul Yi' is not fiesty unlike others, and Solar like it. She was just standing there, nodding in everything the manager says about her.


Solar gazed at him intently, like scanning her from head to toe. When she reached her face, just in time that she looked at her. Awkward staring contest for a minute...then they break eye contact.



The former manager left Moonbyul alone now. "I told Moonbyul that she can start to work on the project, I'll leave her now.Introduce yourselves to her also. Fighting Manager ByulYi"


"Hello everyone, I'm Moon Byul Yi the new manager. Please take care of me" then she bows 90 degrees

"Should everyone introduce theirselves now?" Then he sit down on the seat.

The employees were introducing theirselves one by one.

"I'm Kim Solar, the head engineer" then Solar bows to her

"Okay introductions over, we'll start the official meeting. Our former manager told me about the project, it will be a building for the official branch of the company. So the head engineer"

"Yes manager?" Solar asked

"Did you finish the calculations for the whole structure?"

"I just finished it, I'm currently studying the blue print that was given to me by the architect"

"Give it to me after, and we'll talk about it too. Maybe by 9 pm"

"What? 9 pm? I'm suppose to be home at that time"

"Well the overall plan for this project needs to be pass to the chief manager by tomorrow. The shareholders will be the one to check it so it needs to be pass on time"

"But manager Moon, I can just do it alone, you don't really need to check it by yourself"

"This is my way of managing Engineer Solar, now everyone go back to your offices and the head engineer, don't forget the plan by 9 pm. I will be still working at that time"

Solar let out a deep sigh "Yes"



The new manager is stressing out Solar, like 9 pm? My time to go home is just 5:30 pm. My formula might be out that time. And it was making Solar engraged by the fact. The last time her formula didn't work, it just works for 12 hours a day. And now by 8 pm. Her eyes will be back to red. Good thing the last time she stay out last night was Halloween, people think it just contact lenses.

It was just 4 pm so it means 5 more hours to work for the plan. The time was short for Solar, she need to sort out everything. Also the fact that she can be deadly by 8 pm is stressing her nerves.


She take off her coat, without a coat. She looks very simple, she is just wearing a white shirt inside and just black pants. 3 hours passed, 2 hours to pass the freaking plan and just an hour before the formula will stop working. She ties her hair to a messy bun. Forgetting that she has a tattoo on the back of her neck.


She went out to buy a coffee at the cafe outside the building, as she walk im the hallway she saw Moonbyul.  She looks very hardworking and... stressed? Atleast I'm not the only one being stressed. She saw her tie her hair up... it was kinda hot?.. What the hell Kim Solar

By now Solar's contact lens is no use. Her red eyes can be seen now, she just let it go first. No one seems to be roaming in the building, she'll just wear her cap when someone comes in.


Good thing that it's night time. She'll get crazy if theres sun. Now the planning was done she was gonna pass it to Moonbyul. She wears her glasses and a cap then she lowers her head. She knocked on the door "come in"


She went in and her office is neat even her papers were all over, it was still organized. Moonbyul take a look at her and let a giggle.

"What's with the cap?"

"Nothing, because.. I'm gonna go home right after passing this to you."

"You finished this earlier than expected. Thank you... you look scary"

Scary?! Omygod did my fangs just grew?! Or my eyes.. did she see it?! "What scary?"

"Looking at you, you look like a bum"

"What?! A bum. I can't believe a manager is telling me I look like a bum"

She smiled widely "Well a pretty bum. Go home now take care"

Wow a pretty bum, someone has greasiness "What the hell. Bye Manager Moon" she bowed

"I feel uncomfortable with that callname, just call me Byul"

"Byul? But you're a manager"

"Yes but I feel uncomfortable with you calling me. Should I call you your real name too?"

"Well, I should follow your orders as the manager. Okay...but my real real name is Kim Yongsun"

"Yongsun?"

"Yongsun. Yongsun is fine"

"Okay Yongsun, take care in going home"

Solar turned her back and goes to the door then Moonbyul said "Your tattoo looks amazing what do you call that?"

Shoot, my hair is tied up, I didn't notice. "It's just a sun" she said then she covered it with her hand.

"Don't hide it, it looks great"



____________________________________________________________________________________________________
End of chapter 1

 

"When she finds them, she will just go there without any thinking. Living 25 years in the human society is enough for her"