Final

Letting go (Goodbye)

Chanyeol woke up at the annoying sound of his alarm ringing non stop. Baekhyun frowned at the disturbing sound. 

"Chanyeol stop that stupid alarm" Baekhyun complained.

Chanyeol grunted and tossed the poor alarm at the wall. He really hated alarms, but Baekhyun couldn't help but always set them early in the morning. he opened his eyes slowly, his gaze meeting with the ceiling for a split moment. then he turned to his side and smiled to the empty space beside him.

"Morning my love" he greeted

"Morning darling" Baekhyun greeted back.

Chanyeol tossed his leg out of the bed and stood up. He began with his dayly routine, such as brushing his teeth and taking a warm bath. Baekhyun followed him and climbed out of bed as well. he lazily streched out his hands and yawned. Unlike Chanyeol, he wasn't a morning person, but due to his work shift he always had to wake up early. Thankfully it was the weekend. he roamed in the room in his oversize shirt, waiting for Chanyeol to get out of the Bathroom.

fifteen minutes later, Chanyeol got out with only a towel wrapped around his waist, drops of water rolling out of his wet hair, tracing a line on his body. Baekhyun madly blushed and shyly covered his face.

"W--Wear something idiot" he stuttered  then rushed to the bathroom and closed himself inside. His cheeks were burning, he shook his head trying to get the image out of his mind, but it got worse. Even though they were dating, he always felt shy whenever the other was half around him. Somehow, dirty things always popped in his mind and he couldn't help it.

After calming his mind, he took a warm bath as well and got ready.

Today was the decisive day.

Baekhyun wore a black pant with a black shirt. he got out of the bathroom to find Chanyeol has already left. Soon after, he joined him in the kitchen to find the taller eating his breakfast.  He sat accross the table and silently watched him eat. He glanced at his plate to see what he was eating and it was only some eggs with bacon. he frowned:

"Yah Chanyeol what is that? Do you think such a thing is enough for a Breakfast?" Baekhyun began to nag him.

Chanyeol glanced at his plate and looked at his smiling breakfast. Eggs and Bacon wasn't really his style. He was more in the traditional type of breakfast. Actually Baekhyun was the one who really dotes bacon. He ate it on almost everything and everytime. He remembered when their friends named them the breakfast couple, which was Baekhyun as bacon, and him as eggs.

He returned the smile the breakfast was giving him and continued eating.

"Yah! Listen to me giant!!" Baekhyun chided the taller but slowly calmed down and beamed at him. He continued fondly watching him eat until he stood up and left the apartment. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yah, slow down giant, I can't keep up your pace with your abnormally long legs!!" Baekhyun complained whist trying to reach the taller. they were walking now and Baekhyun had no idea where they were going.

"Why couldn't you just take your car for pete's sake? I'm tired of--huff" Baekhyun was cut off when he bumped into Chanyeol's back who suddenly stopped walking. He rubbed his hurting nose and followed the taller gaze.

Chanyeol suddenly stopped walking when he spotted a familiar coffeeshop. He hesitated for a split second before deciding to go there. Baekhyun smiled and quietly followed him.

a bell reverberate in the whole coffeeshop as he entered. the waiter mechanically turned to him

"Hello mister, how can I--OMG Chanyeol!" Minseok beamed. He rushed to his friend and hugged him tight. Chanyeol winced because the older arms was too strong. He almost felt air knock out of him.  But thankfully the older finally released him.

"Chanyeol I'm so glad to see you" Minseok smiled, his hands holding the taller's one.

"I'm glad too Minseok-hyung" Chanyeol returned the smile.

"CHANYEOL!!" another voice screamed from accross the counter and before the taller could do something, a body threw itself on him, so he reflexly wrapped his hands around the frail body and carried him.

"Wow, Luhan-hyung" Chanyeol slowly put the man down. "You are so energetic so early in the morning" he laughed.

Luhan at the other hand was fighting his tears. He hated crying, but this time it was happy tears.

Baekhyun watched their interactions quietly and smiled.

"How are you doing? are you.... okay?" Minseok asked the taller  hesitantly as both him and Lu Han looked at Chanyeol expectantly.

Chanyeol smiled and nodded "I'm fine, don't worry about me" he reassured them. they glanced at each other and nodded.

"Is there something you want?" Lu Han asked him. Chanyeol hummed whilst thinking about something.

"yes, a latte." he chosed. Minsoek noted it.

"something else? How about a cake?" Lu Han suggested. Chanyeol nodded to approve

"Flavour?" Minseok asked

"um.. strawberry?"

"Okay, choose any seat, we are coming back soon" Minseok rushed to the counter with Lu Han. Chanyeol at the other hand made his way to a table just beside a glass window and sat.

Baekhyun followed him and sat in front of him.

the coffeeshop was owned by their friends Lu Han and Minseok. Just like him and Baekhyun they were a couple. They had a lot in common, such as soccer. and both really didn't seem their age. Whenever they hanged out all together, people will mistook them for the youngest. especially Minseok. he had a baby face, no matter how much time passed. They were also very lovely and cute. But Lu Han hated being called cute. So to piss him even more Baekhyun named him Barbie.

While waiting for his order, Chanyeol phone buzzed. He took it off to see he received several messages from his friends.

"Who is it?" Baekhyun asked curiously. He stood up and went to the taller side to read the messages.

Chanyeol opened up the first one, it was from Sehun.  

From: Sehun

To: hyung

Where are you hyung? Please come back. We are waiting for you.

Baekhyun read the message outloud and sadly smiled. Chanyeol went through all the messages.

 

From: Jongin

To: hyung

If you come back. I promise to buy you lots of chicken

Baekhyun snorted "As expected"

 

From: Jongdae

To: my rival

When I said you were my rival, I meant friend. You are my friend, so please, come back to life. please.

Baekhyun felt his heart tightened so he threw a glance at Chanyeol who quietly read all the messages.

 

From: Kris

To: pup

hey pup, when are you coming back to us? We have been waiting forever now. Just comeback already.

 

From: Tao

To: hyung

Hyung, with who will I bicker again? all of these idiots are no fun. Please come back

Both Baekhyun  and Chanyeol chuckled.

Chanyeol checked and saw there were only three meassages left. But before he could continue reading it. Lu Han and and Mnseok brought his order. He closed his phone and put it on the table.

"Wait, hey! I want to read the three messages left" Baekhyun complained. But sat down sulking.

Minseok and Lu Han smiled at Chanyeol once they gave him his order.

"We miss you" they said in unison.

Chanyeol looked at them and smiled "It's mutual"

Baekhyun looked at the taller and felt extremely guilty. He wished he could touch him, he wished the taller could hear him. He wished he never ran away and went back with him quietly. He wished a lot of things. He regretted a lot of things. He couldn't do much to change the past, but maybe he could change the future?

That is what he wished.

After finishing eating, Chanyeol greeted his friends and left. He had an objective in mind. He wanted to fufill one last thing. So he went to a flowershop and bought two red roses. Just as he left the shop, it started raining. He didn't bring any umbrella so he started running to find a roof to shelter himself.

"Yah! Stupid giant, how could you forget to bring an umbrella?" Baekhyun chided whilst running after the taller. They soon found a shelter and waited there for the rain to stop. Baekhyun couldn't stop nagging.

"You idiot. Why are you always like this. How will you do without me? huh?"

Chanyeol laughed.

"Don't laugh! this is a serious matter" Baekhyun continued.

Chanyeol looked at the stormy sky and apologized "Sorry Baek, next time I'll be more cautous."

Baekhyun whipped his head to the taller with widened eyes.

"Do you hear me Chanyeol?" he asked, but no response. The taller didn't even looked his way.

Baekhyun smiled.

"I miss you Baek"

the called-one began tearing up.

"I miss you too giant. I'm so sorry" he sobbed.

"But we should move on"

Baekhyun nodded. Chanyeol was right, they should move on. That is why he prepared himself for the day.

Today would be their last day together.

the rain stopped and Chanyeol continued his track. he walked slowly, followed behind by Baekhyun who watched his every move. Baekhyun was clueless at first where the taller where going, but now he knew. He knew exactly what the taller had in mind. So he decided to follow and accompagny him till the end.

He wasn't surprised when they reached the Cemetery.

"As expected" he smiled.

they both stopped at the entrance and took a deep breath. This is where things would end.

they crossed the cimetery entrance, a,d from that moment, everything changed. They slowly made their way to the grave. Chanyeol crouched down in front of it while Baekhyun stood beside him, fondly looking at him. 

Chanyeol put one of the roses on the grave after a small prayer.

"You know, Baekhyun--" he began, his eyes fixed on the name on the grave. " I have always been a coward. I was always afraid of what people might think or say." he brushed his fingers on the name engraved and scoffed "Funny how now it doesn't even matter"

"While I was too conscious of stupid things, you were more free-spirited. You never mind what people thought or said. You always did what you thought was right, and always followed your heart"

Chanyeol stopped for a moment and smiled:

"You always ignored the critics and hate, althought it hurt you inside, you kept on smiling outside, never giving the opportunity to haters to bring you down, or see you like that."

"You were strong. You are exactly what I wanted to be. I fell in love with you because of your personnality because for me, you were the definition of perfect"

Baekhyun smiled

"knowing you better, I realized you weren't a man of steel as I thought. You could cry too, you were in reality more frail than I thought. But unlike me, you faced your fears, while I ran away from it. " 

"I agree" Baekhyun deadpanned earning a laugh from the taller

"I want to scream to the world that you are mine now. But what is the point, since I can't anymore? I had my chances, and I messed them up."

"Well, I'm glad you realized then Idiot." Baekhyun added earning another laugh from the taller

"I kept on denying our relationship because I was afraid of what people will say." Chanyeol said sadly "I was afraid they will judge us--me" he bit his lower lips.

"I was so selfish, only wanted to protect myself. I'm so sorry"

a heavy silence ensued after that. Baekhyun was perfectly aware of his fear for people opinion. Nevertheless, he supported it. Deep inside he thought that maybe a day will come when Chanyeol would overcome his fears and would proudly acknowledge their relationship. But Chanyeol was never ready.

Baekhyun sighed when he remembered it. It hurt to face everyday people's harsh word. But what hurt the most was not receiving any support from your partner. He was all alone against the world, how could he have made it?

thankfully their friends were there to support him. He certainly would have snapped earlier if not for ther help. But unfortunately they weren't Chanyeol. and what happened that night was the trigger. Baekhyun lost it.

"You were so selfish Chanyeol, but I still loved you. I believed you could make it, I never stopped trusting you, because I knew you love me too." Baekhyun broke the silence.

"Baek, it's only been two weeks since I started  waking up alone in bed. Everyday it's the same, Wherever I go I feel your presence, but I can't see you. Tell me, is this how you felt when we were together? Were you feeling so empty? so lonely?"

Baekhyun nodded "Yes" he trailed off "the only difference is that you were there, but your attention was on everything but me."

"I'm sorry" he apologized

"It's okay" Baekhyun answered "I never doubted your love. I just wished you could show it to the world as well." he added

"I'm sorry for making things so complicated for you. Actually I'm the one who complicated everything, but you still stayed by my side"

"That is right, you were one lucky Mr Park"

Chanyeol laughed again and stood up.

"I'm glad I could see you again one last time" he locked eyes with the smaller.

Baekhyun gasped

"Y-you can see me?"

Chanyeol nodded "since now"

"A-and you can hear me too??"

Chanyeol nodded again."Ever since we crossed the cimetery entrance"

Baekhyun smiled. That meant the time was nearer than what he thought.

he tried to hug the taller but he only passed through him.

"Guess I still can't touch you" he bitterly smiled. Chanyeol turned at the other side to face him.

"Baek. I'm sorry." the taller apologized

Baekhyun smiled and shook his head.

"I'm the one who should be sorry Chanyeol. If I listened to you that night we wouldn't be here now"

"If I manned up that night and didn't reject you, we wouldn't be here now"

"I guess it's both our fault then?" Baekhyun laughed "But it's unfair Chanyeol, because we both didn't pay the same price for it."

Chanyeol shook his head.

"We did Baek. From now on, we will never be together again, and that is my karma"

"We could--" Baekhyun started

"But we won't" Chanyeol cut him off. "you deserve much more better Baek"

The taller lifted the second rose he held all this time and offered it to baekhyun.

"Babe, it's time for you to let me go"

Baekhyun looked at the rose with his b eyes and shook his head.

"Babe, you hold me back in a world where I can't see you. A world where you traded our places, but this is not reality"

"It should be" Baekhyun cried "This should be the reality Yeol, I should be dead and you alive"

"But it's not. And I'm glad" Chanyeol wanted to hug him, but he couldn't, just like everything in this world, he was mostly a simple spirit.

"The only time I wasn't a coward, it's the moment I realized I would lose you" he smiled "I don't regret it"

Baekhyun looked at the rose again then back at Chanyeol. He decided that today he will end all of this, but it was still hard to let go. At least he could see Chanyeol everyday. But it was selfish of him to hold him back here.

"You heard their prayers right" Chanyeol snapped him off his thought.

"prayers?" he asked himself then smiled. the prayers were actually the messages Chanyeol received. All his friends were asking him to come back--to wake up.

"Yes, I heard them" he sighed then finally took the rose. "There are still three messages left right?"  Baekhyun asked.

Chanyeol took out his phone and read the left messaged outloud.

From: Yixing

To: Baekhyun

You still haven't bring me to your grandmother house. I'll be waiting for you

they both laugh "As expected from yixing"

 

From: Junmyeon

To: little brother

I'll buy you everything you want. Everything. So please, don't go, don't leave us.

 

"Aww" they both cooed. 

"Who is the last one?" Baekhyun asked.

Chanyeol smiled before reading the last msg

From: Kyungsoo

To: idiothyun

Listen up , you better wake up soon. I'll never forgive you if you die, and I'll hunt you to hell and make your life worse there. idiot.

Baekhyun chuckled. He wasn't surprised by Kyungsoo message. He was his bestfriend, and even if he seemed really like a devil, he had a kindheart. as long as he wasn't pissed off.

"you see. They are waiting for you"

Baekhyun glanced at Chanyeol, then back at the rose. he walked through his body again and kneeled in front of the grave. He put the second flower on the grave and brushed his hands on the name written on it "Park Chanyeol--1992-2016"

"I guess....It's really time to say goodbye"

"Do you have any regret?" Chanyeol asked him.

Baekhyun shook his head "No, not anymore".

the taller smiled. He felt his presence disappearing as he could barely hear now.

"I love you" he confessed one last time

"I love you too" Baekhyun stood up and watch Chanyeol body slowly dissappearing.

"Baek, don't set up alarms too early in the morning. you know you aren't a morning person anyway"

the smaller grinned

"Also, Bacon and eggs aren't meal, so stop eating them behind my back"

Baekhyun nodded

"I know you like strawberries cakes, but please don't eat too much sweets, think about your health"

Baekhyun nodded again

"Around winter, remember to always wear thick and warm clothes and scarf, and don't ever walk on the rain again, you know you catch cold too easily"

"I will"

"I couldn't do it myself, but tell all those jerks that will hit on you that you are mine and mine only"

Baekhyun laughed earning a soft gaze from the taller.

"Be happy babe" Chanyeol lastly said before completely disappearing on thin sparks brushing by the wind.

"I will, goodbye....Yeol"

as soon as he said it, his whole world stumbled down. Everything disappeared and left him floating in a colorless space, where neither sky not earth existed.

 

 

 

 

 

Right after he shut it eyes close, waiting for the upcoming hit of the truck, he felt hands pushing him aside. He hit his head on the hard wall and slided down, his head was throbbing and he could feel the cold liquid of blood sliding down his face. The pain was accentuated with the rain so he squeezed his eyes shut.

He shoot them opened when he remember Chanyeol was racing to him, he tried looking for him and spot a figure lifelessly laying on the ground, right before the truck. He couldn't clearly see because his sight was covered with rain and blood mixed, but he knew inside that it was him. He felt it.

he choked a sob, he stretched a hand to reach him, but he was too far. Silent tears were rolling on his porcelain face, mixing wih blood and rain. Every word he pronounced were soundless.

"Chanyeol "he desperately called again, but his words seemed not to reach the taller. He felt his consciousness leaving him as well as he last energy. he finally gave in and fell unconscious. his tears still flooding. 

The last thing he said before blacking out was "Don't leave me"

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun opened his eyes in a different space. The walls were all white, unlike where he was before. he could hear a beeping sound, probably signaling his heart was still beating. He shifted his gaze to hs right and found a small figure leaning on his bed, with both arms crossed, his head resting on his arms.

He slowly brought his hands to the person head and softly ruffled his hair.  the said-one slowly lifted his head and his eyes met with Baekhyun's.

Baekhyun smiled, his eyes forming a crecent. The owl-boy  gasped and fell off his chair. He then brought his both hands over his mouth as tears started rolling on his cheeks.

"Baekhyun" he choked  "B-Baekhyun" he cried louder

Baekhyun wanted to talk, but he couldn't, so he slowly nodded, earning a louder cry from the other. He stood of and ran calling a nurse before coming back and almost throwing himself on the patient.

"Baekhyun, omg Baekhyun I missed you so much--I--I thought you will never come back" the smaller cried while holding his friend right hand in his both hands.

Some nurses came later on to check him. He had a bandage over his head and his left arm was plastered. They unpluged him and took off his breathe-mask  since he could breathe by his own. After making sure everythng was right, they applauded to wish him a welcome back from death. He smiled at them.

"How many time did I spent in coma?" he whispered to one of the nurses whose name was Taeyeon.

"three months" she smiled at him "But you weren't alone, your friends visited you everyday" she said while motioning to the bouquet of flowers hanging beside his bed.

"What day is it today?" he asked again. She took off her phone to check

"We are the 27th november" Baekhyun smiled "Whatever day today is, for you, it's a whole new day" she smiled at him before leaving.

That is right. From this day onward, he will have to live with no Chanyeol around. But it was okay, he could do it. he promised him he would. So, this day, which is Chanyeol's birthday will now on be his rebirth day. and he will fufill his promise to be happy.

after the nurse departure, Kyungsoo came back to the room, still crying, and after him, followed  Jongdae,  Sehun,Jongin, Junmyeon, Yixing, Lu Han, Minseok, Tao and finally Kris  In a matter of minutes, his room was filled with all his friends who were  rejoicing his recovery. Wishing him a welcome back.

He shifted his gaze to the window pan as the beaming sunlight was lighting up his room. They used to say Chanyeol was the fire, and him the light. That without fire there is no light. But now that his flame was gone, he will have to produce his own light. Would he be able to live up in this world without Chanyeol? That was a challenge for him.

I'll be happy for you Chanyeol, so keep on watching over me.

 

 

The End.


 

A/N:

I don't like writing sad ending because life is already sad enough. Thanks god chanbaek is there to light it up LOL

Did you guys realized the personnality changed between Chanyeol and Baekhyun in the story? When Chanyeol did exactly what Baekhyun liked to do, and Baekhyun did the same :)

thanks for reading. Comments and upvotes are loved :)