If You Want The Attention Of The Boy You Love, You Might Just Have To Turn That Push Into A Shove

You Told Me To Write It.

Upon arrival back at the school gates, we're told our room was being relocated. To the Sakura Suite. Territory for the seniors. Sacred ground. Ahri doesn't freak, or get annoyed about the change.

"This is Korea, why call this building Sakura when sakuras are Japanese..."  Ahri mumbling, her face sinking into the sleeves of her hoodie. I nibble on my knuckles, thinking about all the different ways I could die mentally in this building. 

Ahri, being Ahri shows signs of concern and idly wanders into our assigned room. By far, the Sakura Suite was the most futuristic dormitory. White and minimalistic, with glass windows so clear I rub my eyes to double check, leading to the sight of the neon blue pool and cherry blossom petals falling gracefully onto our balcony. The first sight is the living "room". It's more like a space, sofas which were sunken into the wooden floor, when they built it they must've left a square hole for the sofas. Bathrooms and toilets were separated, on either side of the sofa square but both easily accesible. A giant mirror catering to our needs outlined by a border of light was on the bathroom side.

Our beds are on opposite sides of the room, a realtively short spiral staircase in the centre leading to a open study space.To the right was the kitchen. Yes! I think Easy access to the food. I do a mental fist pump. 

"Whoa," I finally breathe.

Fortunately our room had already been unpacked, leaving me the task of burning the previous blanket cover. I find my underwear bag has been left ped and placed neatly into a drawer. Phew. Boy was I keen for school.


I decide to go early, before any seniors spot and track me down in the dorm. Orientation ceremony was going to be conducted in the Great Hall. I'm sorry to say, but this Great Hall is so much more grand than Hogwarts. Ahri please don't beat me too harshly, I pray.

I almost feel like a princess. Someone of importance. Someone who mattered.

The school day starts right after the assembly

Ruthless.

One word to describe my experience of school so far. Mountains of homework like never before. At least I'm not the only one, I think, scanning my classmates. My eyes come to an immediate halt, if they could make a screeching sound like a car coming to make a sudden stop, people in China would've been able to hear it.

Minhyuk.

He's here!
I stupidly knock my knee into the table, alerting a few people around me of my existence. Ahri jerks away too, but quickly snuggles back into the comfort her arms.

I poke her with my pen a couple times, until she opens one eye lazily.

CUTE BOY, I scribble.

Aha, I've got her full attention now.

WHERE!

I draw an arrow to direct her. She sneakily pretends to stretch, turning slightly to where he is and bounces back like a spring.

I nod enthusiastically when I see her shocked reaction.

omg... he IS hot. she writes.

department boy.

him?


I nod again to confirm.

Class finally ends. I pester Ahri for her opinion. "So, so, so what d'ya think?"

"Hot."

I frown at her unexpectedly short answer.

"I'm speechless, in fact," she adds on.

To be honest, same.

"Yuri, head to cafe first, I gotta go piss."

She rushes out, running -- an action Ahri rarely does. She must be busting.

I don't see her again until I finish buying our coffees.

"What took you so long? Did you take a dump?" I jokingly ask. "Har-har very funny..." We move to the waiting area. I admire the speed and hardwork of the baristas, satisfying the hunger of caffeine for 300 students. That's only the freshman.

My heartstrings tug at a specific direction and I see Minhyuk with a group of almost-hot males walking to our direction. Oh no, my body was already sensing where he was how obsessed am I with this guy...

"Ahri. Department Boy." I whisper. Her eyes widen and we both turn around. I wish our coffees could be done sooner but at the same time I'm delaying the wait so I could appreciate being in his presence.

Ahri's chai arrives first. "Going to leave you alone with him so you better strike a conversation with him," she winks. "No no no!" I yell softly. I clasped tightly onto her sleeve. "How do I get his attention?" I ask, he's ordering his coffee right behind me. Happiness level rising inside me after I hear him order the same thing as me.

My latte is done now. I thank the barista and look back at Ahri for quality advice.

"I'll tell you if you hold my chai."

I accept her demand. "And?"

"Like this!"

And I fall backwards.

What.
The.
Actual.
.

That .

And I fall, as unspectacularly spectacular as I can, squeezing paper cups with unintended strength and in slow motion I see the liquid rise and splatter on me and the poor victim behind me.

Minhyuk.

Oh that .