Like we used to (2)

Like we used to

What a beautiful night. The moon is bright and the stars are like diamonds floating around me.

 
Can you see it?
 
From where you are, can you see what I am seeing?
 
I hope you can.
 
I can only hope that on nights like this, nights when I watch the sky above, that you're watching with me. Let's go stargazing together again sometime.
 
Like we used to.
 
Can you see me? 
 
From where you are, can you see me searching for you?
 
I hope you can.
 
It's been so long since I last held you in my arms. It's been so long since I last heard your sweet voice. It's been so long since we last sang together.
It's been too long, I miss you.
 
Can you hear me?
 
From where you are, can you hear me speaking to you?
 
I hope you can.
 
I've had many sleepless nights because of our memories. Every time I lie in our bed, I don't ever dare to look on your side. I just don't want to be reminded that I'm alone in this big world. It's just too much to bear. 
 
Can you see them?
 
From where you are, can you see the tears falling down my cheeks?
 
Can you?
 
You've been gone for 10 years, did you know that?
 
Can you even remember me?
 
For 10 years, I've been staring up at the stars, thinking about how much I wanted to join you up there.
 
For 10 years, I've had to endure loneliness and my cheeks are never dry.
 
 
Please come back to me.
 
 
 
I'm broken.