Like we used to

Like we used to

When did this become a habit? It seems like I only come here to relive our memories. Every day, I sit here in this nostalgic coffee shop alone. The sweet scent of the coffee; it reminds me of you. I can't help but feel that even though you're gone, you're here. You're always here. I really do miss you. The warmth of the sun's kisses reminds me of your hugs but it just doesn’t feel fright without you. I can't forget you, our memories still remain.

 

I still only put in one ear bud when listening to songs. I hope that one day, we can listen to music together again like we used to. I miss the way you criticized my taste in music. You always said they were all just sappy love songs with no originality. And now, years later, I still listen to those songs, hoping that you would come back and change them for me.

 

I’ve been singing a lot lately. I hope that even though you’re gone, you still sing with me. After all, it can’t be a duet if there’s only one voice singing. I also finished writing your song lyrics for you. You know, the ones that you swore you would complete before you die. I hope you hear them one day.

 

I still have those old poems that I made when I first fell for you. They make me smile because my feelings for you still haven't changed. It’s been about ten years since you left. And every year on Valentine's Day, Christmas and your birthday, I made a poem for you. I hope you get a chance to come back and read them.

 

The photo of you that's stained with my tears; I carry it everywhere. Even to this day, it still collects my tears. I'll always hold it close to my heart. It reminds me that you and our love weren't just figments of my imagination.

 

I've gotten used to sleeping alone. The bed is a lot less warm since you left. Maybe it misses you too. I still make an effort to stay on my side of the bed so that I'll forget the fact that your side is empty. I still think of you every night, wishing that I would wake up with you by my side.

 

I still say goodbye before I leave the house, only to realize that I'm alone.

 

Your last words to me were "I'll be back soon", weren't they?

 

When exactly is 'soon', Daehyun?

 

When?

 

When will you come back and lull me to sleep with your presence?

 

When will you show me that breath-taking smile of yours again?

 

When will you read the heartfelt poems that I wrote for you?

 

When will we sing together again?

 

When will you pick up that ear bud sitting on the table?

 

When will you accept the ring that I planned to give you?

 

Why did you have to take my heart with you when you entered your grave?

 

Why?