[3/??]

The Sass and The Brats

t h r e e 

3.7K words

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were singing as they skipped through the night of busy city Seoul. Both had gone shopping after school and Baekhyun had been invited for dinner at the Do's household, hence the reason both were extra hyper. Sleepovers were the best; Jaejoong would make extra food for the duo who would stuff their faces with it, and the entire family would stay up all night watching western movies and God, having someone to hug when you sleep was the best~ 

Baekhyun went all giggly, laughing when he saw Kyungsoo making cute expressions as they both walked across a bridge. 

"Hey, Soo," Baekhyun suddenly exclaimed, stopping suddenly, and pulling Kyungsoo back gently as he pointed at something, or, more specifically, someone. 

"Isn't that Oh Sehun?" he asks Kyungsoo, who whips his head towards the bus stop Baekhyun was pointing towards. 

Kyungsoo's eyes widened when he did indeed see Oh Sehun, standing in front of a poster of Lu Han, just staring at it lovingly. 

"Wait here Baekie," Kyungsoo said while handing Baekhyun his bags before running up to Sehun. 

"Sehun-ssi?" he asked the taller figure, who flinched before stepping back and replying quietly.

They both stood there for a few moments, staring at the picture. 

"He's really beautiful, huh?" Kyungsoo smiled at Sehun who looked at him, shocked, but nodded none the less. 

"You know, everyone says, when he graduates University, he's gonna take over his parent's business, but I believe he'll do something bigger, something better and unexpected!" Kyungsoo mused. 

Sehun was now staring at the other male, confused. 

"Get married to a parliament member, someone who had a lot of influence into the political game, or something amongst those lines, ya know?"

Sehun frowned and said, "You don't know what you're talking about." 

Kyungsoo was about to answer, surprised at Sehun's sudden rude tone, but by the time he could muster up a response, Oh Sehun had already gone off on his scooter.

Strange. 

"Soo!" Baekhyun called from the other side of the road and shrugging Sehun's odd behaviour off, he ran across the road and took his bags from Baekhyun, and the two continued to skip back home. 

"Why did he leave so suddenly?" Baekhyun asked him. 

"I-I don't know Baek," Kyungsoo said with his eyebrows creasing. He hadn't said anything rude, right? 

tumblr_static_1xzq7rmj87fo8sgkok4884ccc.gif

"Damn, that Kyungsoo kid's really gone to you?" Chanyeol said when he walked into see Jongin staring out into space. 

The group had decided that only two hours would be enough for the day and decided to just sit in their F4 lounge. Education could wait. 

"Where were you?" Yifan asked from his spot next to Jongin. 

"With Hani~" Chanyeol winked, waving briefly at Sehun, who nodded back. Of course, he was taking full advantage of winning the bet, I mean it is Hani. 

" off," Yifan grumbled. 

"Whatever Kevin~" Chanyeol mocked, now sitting on Jongin's other side. 

"Swear to God-" Yifan got cut off with Jongin suddenly standing up, his face lighting up as he stated, 

"He likes me!"   

"..." 

Chanyeol, Yifan, and Sehun looked up at him confused. 

"Do Kyung Soo, he likes me guys," Jongin said with a wide smile on his face. 

It took exactly three seconds for all of them to get what Jongin oh so boldly stated, and five seconds later the three had erupted in joyous laughter. 

"You mean the Do Kyungsoo! The kid who kicked your face last week," Yifan laughed, wiping his tears. "He likes you?" Another roar of laughter.

"No, guys I'm being serious!" Jongin exclaimed, a small pout forming on his lips, "Did you not hear him say something about him being a pure, and that he hasn't had his first kiss yet?"

They all looked at him blankly. 

"Aish, and you call yourself playboys." Jongin rolled his eyes, walking back into his seat, and crossing his legs with a smug smirk plastered on his face. "What he's trying to say is that he wants me to take his first kiss!" 

Chanyeol nodded. "I see," he said, before adding, "I mean, he could. You are pretty hot." 

"Both of you are delusional!" Yifan sighed while shaking his head, Sehun was agreeing with the elder. 

Jongin chuckled, "Don't worry guys. You'll see soon." 

tumblr_static_1xzq7rmj87fo8sgkok4884ccc.gif

"Why do you do this to yourself Do?" Kyungsoo asked himself as he was walking around the school carefully, hiding his face behind his backpack. 

With the way things were in this school, it wouldn't be a shock if the entire school knew about Kyungsoo punching Kim Jongin, and worse, he can already imagine him getting beat to by all his (obnoxious) fans. Kyungsoo shivered at the thought. 

He really shouldn't have come to school, but the fuss he had created in the morning only lead to Jaejoong dragging him to school by the ear. 

Ugh.

He should have bought Baekhyun for protection. Oh right, protection

Peeking past his bag, he looked around and a silent gasp left his mouth when he saw a group of seven men in crisp black suits. A sudden surge of energy ran through his veins as he quickly sprinted the opposite direction from where the men in black were. 

"It's him!" he heard behind him and without thinking twice, Kyungsoo made a run for it, making about sixteen feet until he chose to hide behind a wall. Breathing in heavily, Kyungsoo bit his lips and closed his eyes tightly before poking his head up for a glance to see if the men had left. Seeing none of the seven anywhere around him, Kyungsoo got up slowly, tiptoeing to the entrance of the school. 

He was so close, so in close to the door to the entrance, but just as he got a hold of the handle, an arm had wrapped itself around his slender waist and pressed a large cloth into his face, and before Kyungsoo could react, everything went

b

a

c

k

tumblr_static_1xzq7rmj87fo8sgkok4884ccc.gif

"Ugh," Kyungsoo groaned, as he felt his body being lifted up, eyes widening once he saw where he was. A grand room, one probably bigger in size than his entire house, walls coated with a warm beige colour, floral (expensive-looking) wallpaper, furnished with the most beautifully crafted wooden furniture Kyungsoo had ever seen, large paintings hanging from the walls. And hanging from the high ceiling was a grand crystal chandelier, illuminating the room with a soft glow.

Breathtaking.

And as soon as Kyungsoo took in the aesthetics of the enticing room he came to realise (something he really should've noticed the minute he woke up) -- he was most likely kidnapped. . -

"I have to get out!" he whispered. He made a run for it and as he ran, he bumped into a smaller frame. Looking down, Kyungsoo tilted his head as he stared down at the blushing maid. 

"Sir, master has assisted us to give you this suit," she stated softly. 

And it was then Kyungsoo looked down at his body. And damn. When had his muscles become so loose? Why was he in a bathrobe? Why was his skin so soft—Wait, why were his legs hairless? Kyungsoo looked at his reflection in the mirror standing perpendicular to him. 

"Woah," Kyungsoo was astounded. His face looked so much brighter. His eyes lined with black and lips plumped with a soft pink colour (a shade darker than the natural pigment in his lips). However, the most notable thing was his hair which was a deep ebony colour had been coloured a vibrant red. He was left speechless. 

tumblr_static_1xzq7rmj87fo8sgkok4884ccc.gif

Jongin had been walking around the main hall, waiting patiently for Kyungsoo.

He smiled. Jongin thought that the boy would be so shocked to see how with money he can be transformed from a pesky commoner into a model-like figure.

Jongin was so confident the boy liked him—but he didn't really have a plan for what would happen after. In fact, he's still not entirely sure why he had cashed out so much for a kid who publicly humiliated him. Something about the kid was so different and—he couldn't explain why but—he had gained a sudden interest in him. 

But what would happen after this? Would he and Kyungsoo start a relationship? What would that be like? His train of thoughts was cut off when he heard steps coming towards, and with his award-winning smile, he turned face-to-face with a shocked Kyungsoo. 

And damn

Kyungsoo looked...looked.....

so good.

The red hair complimented his fair skin and the dark kohl lining his large eyes gave him an alluring aspect. 

"You!

Seems like his loud-mouth hadn't gone away. 

tumblr_static_1xzq7rmj87fo8sgkok4884ccc.gif

Kyungsoo absentmindedly followed the nice old man to an even larger hall. He still had no idea why he hadn't left already. 

While he shook his head, he thanked the butler once he had been brought to the hall with another tall figure facing the other way. Holding his breath, he waited for the person to turn around, and as soon as he did, his blood boiled. 

"You!" he shouted, pointing at the male. "What's the meaning of this!? Along with being a class-A douchebag, you're also a kidnapper!" he accused. 

Jongin chuckled, "Do you not see Kyungsoo?" he said, walking over to fuming male, and gently guiding him to the mirror. 

"Do you see yourself?" he said, standing behind the smaller figure with his hands resting on his narrow shoulder. 

"No!" Kyungsoo ripped his eyes from his reflection, raising his hands to Jongin's chest, pushing him lightly. "You can't just drag someone into your mansion!" 

Jongin shook his head. "Do you not see how different you look? How money can change an average commoner to this," he said, racking his eyes down Kyungsoo's figure for emphasises. Jongin sighed, "Even you were fascinated with your appearance, you too look at money with desire,". 

"It's not wrong Soo, you're an average person, and being exposed to such wealth, I'm sure you must be overwhelmed," Jongin said nonchalantly, looking at Kyungsoo's expression

"Money isn't everything!" Kyungsoo argues. 

"Don't kid yourself," Jongin said as he rolled his eyes, moving closer to Kyungsoo, and then stared down at the boy. "What can't you buy with money, huh?" 

Kyungsoo was speechless. 

"Exactly, Kyungsoo," 

But Kyungsoo didn't give up, "I'm not like the average person Kim," he glared, "I don't believe money is everything," 

Jongin sighed once more, this kid was annoying, "Well you're in a million debt," he informed Kyungsoo, who's eyes were going to fall out his head. 

"One million!" he shouted

Jongin hummed, unfazed by the large figure, "You're spa, suit, hair dye, jewellery," he said eyeing the diamond watch that decorated Kyungsoo's wrist. 

"You very well know I can't pay that back," Kyungsoo whispered, "I declare war!" he growled at Jongin, who looked surprised at Kyungsoo's declaration. 

"I want to leave," 

"What?" Jongin replies quickly. 

"Get—get me out of here!" Kyungsoo snaps, starting to take his blazer off. "Get me my uniform!" 

tumblr_static_1xzq7rmj87fo8sgkok4884ccc.gif

"ing brat!" Kyungsoo angrily mumbled as he stormed out the mansion. Then the realisation hit him, "Wait! He essentially kidnapped me! That's ing illegal, ha! Now I have something against that son of a bit—" 

"Do you though?" a deep voice cut him off and turning he was surprised to see Sehun on a motorbike, staring at his now very bold redhead. 

It looked like Sehun wanted to say something about his hair, but looking at Kyungsoo's annoyed face he chose not to say anything. 

"What do you mean?" Kyungsoo asked, slightly pissed off. 

"Kim Jongin, Heir of Shinwa....," Sehun said as if the most obvious thing world. 

And it was. 

What could a commoner like himself do?

One cheque and the case would be dismissed straight away. 

Kyungsoo fell silent, and sat on a bench, Sehun later joining him. 

"Do you ever wish...," Kyungsoo began, "Do you ever wish you were born in a different person life?" 

Sehun's eye furrowed, "No?" he answered meekly. 

Kyungsoo chuckled, "Of course, why would you?" he said, "You were born with a silver- no that, you were born with a golden spoon in your mouth," 

"Everything is handed down to you; you get the best of everything and you don't even have to work hard. Daddy can just buy you your way to Seoul National University," 

"Money, you have power to the stupid Kim Jongin does, and people fear to go against him," 

Silence. 

"Well, why don't you fear Kim Jongin?" Sehun asked. 

Kyungsoo paused, "I find him pitiful," 

Sehun's eyebrows rose. Even though Kyungsoo was quite bold with his hatred for F4, pitiful was new. 

"He....he has everything, influence and admirers, and all he does is put them down. He constantly tries finding a way to validate himself to the top, false reassurance as 'Yes, I, Kim Jongin, am the best'." 

Sehun's eyes widened as he started at Kyungsoo, and unfamiliar feeling bubbling in his heart. 

Kyungsoo rose to his feet about to leave, but then abruptly turned to face a still speechless Sehun. "What can't you buy with money?" he asked. 

Sehun paused, before faintly whispering, "Family,"

Sehun hopped onto his motorbike and drove away from the frozen boy, who threw a final glance at the Shinhwa's massive mansion. And then he recalled his word "I declare war!", and damn he was in deep . 

tumblr_static_1xzq7rmj87fo8sgkok4884ccc.gif

Family 

Sehun's words echoed in his brain as he opened his front door.

Once he stepped into the warmth he saw how his baba, appa, Soojung and Baekhyun were all bunched up together on the sofa, watching some sappy Japanese drama. 

"Soo, what happened to your hair!"?" Soojung exclaimed, pointing his head. 

"Umm," 

"I'm so proud Jae," Yunho said excitedly, shaking Jaejoong's shoulders, "Our baby is going through his rebellious stage!!" 

"Wow...," Jaejoong whispered. 

"W-What?" Kyungsoo blushed at all the attention. 

"I never knew Kyungsoo could look hot," 

"Baba!" he whined childishly. 

"See Soo, you look so much hotter," Baekhyun chanted happily, "Should I dye my hair....?" he asked, and Jaejoong happily nodded.  

Kyungsoo shook his head and found himself sitting on the couch with Soojung's legs on his lap and Baekhyun's head on his shoulder as they all watched the sappy Japanese drama after the debate of Baekhyun's head being red or blonde. 

Kyungsoo smiled, spending time with his family was the best, and he found himself laughing at Baekhyun and his baba's sassy remarks about the protagonist's stupid decisions, Soojung criticizing their wardrobe and appa pointing complaining about the unrealistic and cliche romantic scenes. Kyungsoo's heart was wrapped in warmth and such gratitude for being with such a weird bunch. Weird but loveable. 

"I love you guys," Kyungsoo sniffled, a few tears escaping his eyes, and now he understands money isn't everything. Having people that you love, and that love you is far greater than anything money could buy and he knows that he's living better than any of those pretentious s at Shinwa. 

He has a loving family and the best-est friend one could ask for. And that was more than enough. 

tumblr_static_1xzq7rmj87fo8sgkok4884ccc.gif

Kyungsoo walked into school earlier the next day, with his head held up high and the intention to have some extra practice in the music rooms (he was behind no thanks to a certain Kim) but instead he found himself sandwiched between two lanky figures in the F4 lounge. 

"So, Do Kyungsoo," Kris (was it?) began, "We haven't had the chance to properly meet yet, have we?" 

Kyungsoo shook his head. 

"Well, I'm Park Chanyeol," The one on his right introduced. 

"And I'm Wu Yifan," Kris (??) introduced, "But people call me Kris," he winked as he kissed the back of Kyungsoo's hand, who scoffed and wiped his hand on his shirt. 

"I almost couldn't recognise you from your new hairdo," Chanyeol said, "Now you look more like you attend Shinhwa!" 

Kyungsoo frowned, rolling his eyes, his intention to walk straight out of the F4 lounge, but a photo stopped him. 

"Oh," Yifan said, standing behind him now, "That's Sehun and Luhan," he informed. 

"They know each other?" Kyungsoo asked. 

"Know?" Chanyeol chuckled, "Luhan is Sehun's everything." 

"Sehun's admired Luhan since they were kids, Luhan always being this role model," Kris added. 

"Sehun's so stupidly in love with him," Chanyeol finished up, shaking his head, smiling down at Kyungsoo. 

Kyungsoo who didn't know why it hurt so much knowing that Sehun already has someone he loves. 

tumblr_static_1xzq7rmj87fo8sgkok4884ccc.gif

"Kyungie! You didn't tell me there was going to be a school ball at Shinhwa?" It seemed Soojung always knew more about Shinhwa than he did- ironic because he was the one who studies there. 

"I didn't know," Kyungsoo answered confused, looking at the school website page Soojung had opened up. 

"Apparently Xi Luhan is coming too!" Soojung screeched. 

Kyungsoo's mood soured immediately. 

"Oh," 

"Kyungsoo, you're going!" Jaejoong announced. 

"How did you know I was going to not go?" Kyungsoo asked in a sardonic tone. 

"I'm your Baba!" Jaejoong rolled his eyes. 

"Soo, it's a great opportunity!" Yunho added, Kyungsoo's jaw-dropping at the betrayal, his appa was the only logical one but now he's too forcing Kyungsoo to socialise. 

"Why!?" Kyungsoo complained. 

"Xi Luhan, of course!" Yunho explained, "He's so young, but so smart and so nice," 

And then Soojung went on about how many charities he's helped and if the kindness wasn't enough Jaejoong had to add the fact that he was a supermodel with global recognition. 

'He's just so perfect, no wonder Sehun loves him'  Kyungsoo thought sadly. 

tumblr_static_1xzq7rmj87fo8sgkok4884ccc.gif

Sports. 

ing great

He'd think that with the power Shinhwa holds they may have taken sports out of their timetable, but it seems even the most prestigious school had to follow the law. Oh, how Kyungsoo hated Wednesdays.

'Literally, the most unnecessary mandatory-curriculum'  Kyungsoo thought. Now, he usually didn't hate the class that much but he had no energy for sports- he just wanted to stay in his music room and cry into his Frank Ocean albums. Kyungsooo wasn't even putting any effort into the ports, just knowing the coaches didn't care and there was no way he was going to try to go against a bunch of (tall) overly competitive jocks trying to impress a girl or two. This is why Kyungsoo least expected to be a victim to any possible physical harm in the game, but it seems like today was just not the day and that this as the worst week in his entire seventeen years of existence.  

"Ah, !" he cried when the basketball hit him straight on his nose. He has one to blame but himself-- he should have been paying attention. 

He ignored the sniggers of people as he walked to the water fountain to wipe off the blood endlessly streaming from his nose angrily. 

tumblr_static_1xzq7rmj87fo8sgkok4884ccc.gif

He didn't know why his heart jumped in concern when he saw Kyungsoo getting hit, nor did he understand why he had gotten so angry at Junhoe for (accidentally) hitting Kyungsoo. 

He couldn't understand why he followed the boy either, but here he was, standing behind Kyungsoo who looked like he was in pain. 

"Yah, why did you have to get your nose hit? Pay more attention out on the field," Jongin said out of frustration. No response; and Jongin just nervously chewed his lips as he saw tears pouring out Kyungsoo's eyes. 

"Let me help you," he started, and he felt a prick in his heart when Kyungsoo glared at him. Regardless, he grabbed a hankerchief in one hand a gently placed his hand on Kyungsoo's back, holding up the cloth to his nose. 

"I can do it myself, Kim," was the response he got, as an elbow harshly dug into his stomach and pushed him, causing him to stumble back. 

Jongin rolled his eyes, even when he was hepless Kyungsoo didn't accept his help -- was he really that bad?

"Hey, don't cry,"  he whispeared, then immediatly going back to a defensive mode, "You look ugly,"

"I'm sorry I'm not attractive enough for you Mr. Kim," Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, angrily wiping tears of his pink cheeks. 

"Yah!" Jongin shouted back, "I'm trying to help you, stop being ungrateful, brat!" he said in a softer tone. 

"Did I ask for your help?" 

Jongin felt silent. 

"Why do you even dislike me so much?" he asked in an even softer, venturing into vulnerable tone, "I'm talll, handome, smart, rich -- why do you hate me?"

"Why do I hate you?" Kyungsoo scoffed, "What is there not to hate?" he sighed, 

"I hate how arrogant you are, I hate how rude and insensitive you are, I hate how you have the constant need to put yourself on top of everyone else and I hate how you walk around school without the required uniform and your stupid posture and your stupid blonde hair!" he panted to a shocked Jongin. 

Wiping his nose one final time Kyungsoo stormed off into the changing rooms. He had enough sports for today. 

 

Kyungsoo glared down angrily at the math textbook filled with figures and symbols looking back up at him tauntingly. It seemed that he shouldn't off decided to leave all his homework last minute. Well, no turning back now, and it seemed Heechul could be less concerned. I mean, the cafe did only have two customers, it wasn't like he actually had to work, so why not kill some time with some brain power?

"Soooooo!" Baekhyun whined, "You have to go to the school dance!" 

Seems like his will to finish his homework in peace will be postponed to proving why he should by all means not go to the school dance. It seemed his very obvious distaste for going to the school ball (uck, so pretentious) hadn't changed (not that he had any intention of letting it change). 

"Yes, you must!" Heechul said, coming out of nowhere. 

"I still remember my school dance~" he sighed dreamily, "My first dance, I never knew the guy's name, but his eyes staring down into mine as he leaned down for a kiss-" 

"Hyung!" Kyungsoo complained, not wanting to hear another story about Heechul's various hook-up and heartbreaks.

"Soo, you should go!" 

"No," 

And with all their pestering and Kyungsoo somehow not punching both of them, he still remained hard-headed and refused. 

He'd rather accompany Soojung and Amber (Soojung's best friend) to a K-Pop concert and if that didn't prove Kyungsoo's need to not go, God helps you, as nothing was worse than being surrounded by a bunch of teenage girls who were meters away from their idol- NOTHING. 

tumblr_static_1xzq7rmj87fo8sgkok4884ccc.gif

Thursday.

Couldn't this week ing end already?

It wasn't that bad though, it seems all the hatred for Kyungsoo had been on halt, and instead he heard people giggling about a thing Kyungsoo hadn't picked upon.  

"OMG, look, Young Sun!" a high pitched voice screeched and if Kyungsoo's eyes could roll any further they'd be making a complete 360. 

"It's Xi Luhan and Sehun sunbae!" more squeals about the cute couple caught Kyungsoo's interest and when he looked at the entrance of the school, his heart felt a similar stab. 

Sehun looked so happy. 

So happy in someone else's arms. 


A/N: Oh my lord! I updated after a year. Wow, I lol. I love how my writing was okay-ish but now it's gone to . Anyway, I can't promise for the updates to be consistent, I'm going to be a junior in Uni and I have a part-time job now, so please understand that I do have a life outside of this and I'm busy not only with education and work but also with a social life (which, yes, I am surprised I have).  

I hope you guys enjoyed this instalment of 'The Sass and the Brats', please look forward to another update in 9 months lol. 

Oh! And please do subscribe and upvote!

Please, please, please, comment, it takes me so long to write these so it would be (really) nice to see if people told me if I'm even writing it well, or you know, if people even do read it, or want to further read/even be interested in me continuing...