[1/??]

The Sass and The Brats

o n e 

5.9k+ words 

 

Silence. 

The vast corridors of Shinhwa High School, filled with snobbish students, stood in silence as Lee Hong Bin walked down the hall, bag hanging loosely on his left shoulders and a small key (presumingly, for his locker) wedged in the crooks of his lengthy fingers, causing a light cling as he walked further ahead. He looked around cautiously, eyes widened at the sudden attention and tension flooding the once chatter-filled air, and came to an abrupt stop when he found himself standing in front of his bright red locker.

Taking a deep breath he brought his key to his locker, slowly bringing it up the keyhole, clammy hands putting the key in the designated hole, turning it slowly and opening his locker door even slower and once completely opened the first thing that caught his vision was a venomous red card hung at the top with the initials F4 printed in bold black letter, and before he had time to process the information he heard the loud cheering of the students around him.  

Sudden energy struck through his body as he found himself running, as fast as he physically could, with adrenaline rushing through his veins he managed to run away from the fleeting high-school-ers chasing him but came to a stop near the bathrooms. 

Rushing him he slammed the door and let out a relieved sigh, panting slightly from the previous running. However, the short-lived peace he had was broke in a split second once his skull made contact with a cold tile, causing him to let out a groan in pain and hand reach up to the blood now painting his forehead. 

After the sudden action, he felt himself being dragged out the bathroom with punched and kicks thrown at the slender body and before he could process what had happened he found himself on the rooftop with loud cheerings for the five boys who dragged him their names. A cold hand latched onto the back of his neck, dragging him up to the edge of the rooftop, the cheers getting louder and wilder, if possible.  

"IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?!" he yelled, the previous riot dying down to silence as everyone watched with keen eyes. 

"I'LL DIE, IF THAT'S WHAT YOU SICKO'S WANT," he belted out, only to gain more cheering. 

Turning his back the group of students watching him closely he walked closer to the edge, holding his breath before letting his left foot hover off the edge, cold air tingling the clothed foot. He closed his eye, deciding to jump when he heard a loud- 

"STOP!" 

Turning around almost instantly he was presented with the sight of a small framed boy with large eyes, carrying a white box in his hand, wearing a uniform which could only be some sort of public school. 

"You are?" he questioned, slightly annoyed by the smaller man, who could easily be mistaken for a girl at first glance, if not for his deep voice.  

"Are you Lee Hongbin?" he questioned, stepping closer to the boy. 

"Yes,"  was the short answer. 

"Oh, well," he cleared his throat, "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday Lee Hongbin ~~~~ Happy birthday to you~~," he sang, smiling brightly as he placed the white box next to the figure, opening the lid to reveal a beautifully decorated cake, covered with a vast array of chocolate and strawberries. 

"Are you ing kidding me?" he said in a harsher voice, turning around to finish what he had started. 

"Wait-" the boy exclaimed, eyes widening before he climbed up, grasping the boy's arm, pulling him up with all his strength. 

Click. 

o n e  w e e k  l a t e r

 

The week after the news of ordinary 2nd-year high school student, Do Kyung Soo saving a student of Shinhwa High School from committing suicide had flooded the news all over South Korea. 

The said boy had been running away from the large crowds of paparazzi following him for the reason he had saved Shinhwa's reputation, whatever that meant

Rushing past the oversized cameras carried by petite women and tall men he managed to rush into a small cafe, quickly locking the glass door behind himself before he rushed to the back of the cafe, panting slightly as he shook his head at his best friend, Byun Baekhyun, and his employer, Kim Heechul, both fussing around with their appearance. 

"Are they still outside Kyungie?" Baekhyun asked lining his eyes with more and more black. 

"Yeah...I think they may leave, though...," Kyungsoo pouted as he took off his coat, hanging it up and then to tie his apron, frowning once he saw the duo rush to the front, murmuring something about them wanting all of Korea to see their beauty. Shaking his head at the two, he proceeded to hide behind the counter, much like the other days he was being followed by the press.  

Image result for small heart gif

"Do Kyungsoo..." a sharp voice said, eyes boring holes in the newspaper article reading: Shin Hwa High School of Bullies and Suicidal Tendencies. Clenching her jaw, she called for her personal assistant. 

"We need this...commoner in our school," her eyes icy as she glared at the man bowing his head down respectfully, "I don't need this to affect my company, go Jinsuk,"

 Image result for small heart gif

Sighing as he got close to his father's bookstore (which was also his humble abode) , he noticed the large black cars parked outside his small living space, and when he stepped into the warmth of the bookstore, rushing up the stairs to his family's living room, he had intended to straightaway flop onto his bed, however, when he got inside he saw his Appa, Do Yunho, his Baba, Do Jaejoong, and younger sister, Do Soojung, all sitting on the floor, with large grins on their faces and opposite them, was a thin male dressed in a black suit.

"Kyungie-Oppa!" Soojung exclaimed, jumping up to drag the poor boy over to where the man was, who had now stood up and offered a hand to shake, which Kyungsoo took hesitantly.  

"Kim Jin Suk," he greeted, and Kyungsoo nodded dumbly, mumbling his name in return before looking at his Baba in confusion, and sensing this, Jaejoong happily skipped over to the boy, wrapping his slender arm around the small-framed boy, before excitedly saying: 

"Soo-ah, this lovely man is here to tell us that from tomorrow, you'll be going to Shin Hwa Highschool!!" he squealed, hugging Kyungsoo tightly. 

"Wait-what, why?" he asked in disbelief. 

"Shin Hwa Group would like to give you a scholarship," he said sincerely, smiling as the boy's owlish eyes widened. 

"What? No, I don't want to go-" his whining died down when his Appa too came in front of him. 

"Kyungsoo-ah, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity,  Shinhwa is the influential and powerful companies you can't possibly-" 

"Appa, I don't want to be in a school full of bratty rich kids-"

"Oppa, you're really stupid if you don't accept," Soojung added. 

"You sing, darling, you love all performing arts, right?" Jaejoong said sweetly, and since Kyungsoo's known the man since he was born, he knew those were anything but sweet, they were a silent threat to him: testing how far he'd rebel. 

"But-" before Kyungsoo could further protest, Jaejoong covered his mouth with a cold hand and smiled at the man- Jinsuk. 

"He'll be attending tomorrow, eight o'clock sharp," he smiled, pressing his hand tighter around the struggling boy, as Soojung led Jinsuk out. 

"BABA!!" he screeched once the said man had let go of the younger. 

"What?" he asked, tilting his head in fake innocence. 

"I don't want to go~" he whined, stomping his feet on the wooden floor childishly.

"Kyung-ah, look at your uniform~" his Appa sang, prancing around with his Baba, both skipping around happily and before he could complain, Soojung grabbed his wrist, dragging him back to the table, where she pushed away the papers saying Shinhwa Highschool and bought her laptop forward. 

"Kyungie, you too know that people in the streets couldn't memorize the name of our president, but they all know Shinhwa!" she stated, emphasizing the Shinhwa, "And you know good their education is, Shinhwa holds the most opportunities to go out to places like the States, they give you the chance of a bigger future!" she said as she rapidly typed on the keyboard, both their parents went off into the kitchen, "And...F4!!" she squealed, like a teenage girl- oh

Kyungsoo had once briefly heard about them, well twice to be exact. The first being because of Heechul and Baekhyun squealing over Kim Jong- Kim Jong-something being on the cover of some international magazine.

He had chosen not to pay attention.

The second was when he had gone to deliver the cake in Shinhwa high school, he had some girls squealing and saying: "F4 Oppa's are going to come back next week ah!!". 

"Who...who are these F4 guys everyone's talking about?" he asked in a monotone voice, not really caring enough, however, he soon regretted asking the question once he heard Soojung's gasp. 

"Kyungie, I know you're an anti-social tumblr-in-human-form kinda person..but you don't know F4?" she shook her head in disappointment. 

"Well, am I supposed to?" he asked, ruffling his hair and putting himself in a more comfortable position, moving closer to his younger sister, who off-handly placed her thin form on Kyungsoo's lap, moving the laptop so Kyungsoo could see. 

"Wu Yi Fan," she said, and automatically understood the foreign name, possibly Chinese? "He also goes by Kris," she exclaimed and when Kyungsoo looked over to the screen he saw a very handsome guy, his face expressionless, eyebrows bushy, brown hair pushed upwards and eyebrow right eyebrow shaved. 

"His father owns the largest construction company in the country, they're known to be the best at mobilising cash and are worth billions! They're rumoured to have high connections to the mafia-"

"M-Mafia?" Kyungsoo stuttered, eyes wide in alert

"Yes, mafia," Soojung answered, "He's known for his martial arts," she ended, frantically typing, again. 

This time, the images were a less intimidating looking boy, he had large eyes (not as large as his own, obviously) and large ears. His hair had been dyed a wild blonde colour and his boyish features smirked in the photo Soojung was showing him.  

"Park Chanyeol," she said, scrolling down through more photographs (Kyungsoo noted this one changes his hair often), "He's F4's Casanova," she said before searching up what Kyungsoo could only stare open-mouthed at. 

The building on the screen was breathtaking, to say the least. It was only the reception of the museum, however, the skillfully painted canvases, delicate pottery enclosed by glass and the simple design was beautiful. And it looked so very expensive. 

"His family owns the largest museum in the country, and he himself is highly talented in the skill of pottery, known for such since the age of sixteen," she said, cooing over his looks, before typing in another name, 

"Oh Sehun," she said and for the first, Kyungsoo stared at the features of the male on the screen. 

He had pale white skin, fairer than his even, dark brown hair scruffily covering the most of his forehead, his broad shoulders and sharp jaw-bone added to his manly features and his dark brown eyes pierced through the screen. 

"The grandson of the former president. He owns a football team in Europe and he owns a music school. And he's the closest to F4's very own leader, Kim Jongin!" she said, pulling up a physical copy of a magazine with the front cover with a picture of a tanned-skinned man. He had a lean figure, plum lips and "lazy" eyes. He was wearing a suit in the photo, and if he hadn't gotten the gist of the F4's authority, he would have presumed he was a model, he did have the figure and the face. But the arrogance seeping from the smirk he had plastered on his lips, Kyungsoo just scoffed.

"Ah, he's so hot," she said, sighing at the picture. 

"Hot my ," Kyungsoo muttered, luckily, Soojung didn't hear him (or she just chose to ignore him). 

"Leader of F4 and the heir to Shinhwa Group, Kyungie how do you not know this stuff," she said, shaking her head in disapproval.

"Oh, that Kim Jongin guy is so handsome," Jaejoong said as him and Yunho came down to the table with various dishes, "But not as handsome as you Yunnie!" he said once he noticed his pouting husband, giving him a quick peck on the lips. 

"Ew," Kyungsoo said plainly, fake gagging, and, once again, he was ignored as they all began to munch on the food Jaejoong made. Kyungsoo almost moaned at the taste, his Baba really is the best chef. 

"Soo, I'll drop you tomorrow," Yunho said, ruffling the scowling boy's hair. 

Kyungsoo had a very intense conversation with Baekhyun that night. 

Image result for small heart gif

"Appa, this really isn't necessary-" Kyungsoo's words were muffled when Yunho kept squeezing his arms around the small frame, dampening the collar of his black blazer with his tears. 

Both father and son were stood outside the large black gates and brick with the panel: Shin Hwa High School written on.  

"I-I'm just so proud of our baby, you're going to Shinhwa!" he said, quietly sobbing, "I-", he didn't finish as he continued sobbing. Shaking his head with a fond smile, Kyungsoo patted the broad shoulder of his father, pecking him on the cheek, before stepping away. 

"Appa, I'll see you later!" he said, waving back at the man, who for the sake of his pride wiped his tears quickly. 

"Kyungsoo-ah, fighting!" he said, holding up a fist and pumping it in the air. Giggling, Kyungsoo repeated the action, waving before skipping up the stairs. 

"Holy ," he mumbled to himself, looks around the gigantic area, was this even a school? There was even a goddamn fountain, what the ? Closing his mouth quickly he looked down at the booklet he was given, nodding as he read that the building on the furthest right was the art department (where they held classes such as dance, theatre, art, graphics, music..). 

Smiling slightly, he walked briskly through the school, ignoring the judgmental looks he'd get often, he walked and as he was doing so he also scoffed at some of these kids talked about. 

"Woah, Kibum-ah, that's such a nice robe," 
"It's the same as Kim Jongin's, of course, it's good!" 

"I went to the Louis Vuitton Opening Show in London last weekend," 
"! You better show me the stuff you got!" 

"Oppa's hot but.."
"Not Kim Jongin hot."  

Sighing once he read the golden engraved plate reading Arts, Kyungsoo rushed down, looking left and right for a music room aimlessly, pouting slightly and internally complaining about the vast and complicated structure of the building but froze once he saw a slender figure dressed in complete white, the glass window radiating sunlight added a certain glow to the male, but the thing that had caught his interest was the way the dainty finger brushed colour on the white of the canvas.

Kyungsoo couldn't see his face, which is when the boy turned around his heart froze, one because he was so incredibly beautiful and two, he was eighty per cent sure he was Oh Sehun. Clearing his throat, quickly, before bowing, cheeks red. 

"Um..d-do you know where the music room is?" he questioned quietly, looking up at the boy who held a finger cover in pink paint pointing outside the door, and when Kyungsoo turned around he noticed the room three across from their current room. 

"T-Thank-you, um...you continue your beautiful-I mean-uh-drawing-I mean painting," he stuttered as he walked out of the room, giving a final glance to the boy staring at him blankly. 

After his first period of music for which he was late for (luckily, his music teacher, Cho Kyuhyun, let him off for he was new) and his second of English with his overly enthusiastic teacher, Henry Lau. It was break time and since he didn't really have any friends, he chose to walk the corridors. It was peaceful, well, far quieter than his previous public school, of course, there were still chatters of students but nothing mind-numbingly loud (like his previous school). 

But they do say, don't speak too soon, right? Because as soon as he had said so, a loud voice shouted, a pant obvious in his voice, his back slouched but that didn't fail for his voice to call everyone's attention: 

"F4 ARE BACK!" he yelled and in a matter of seconds, students had gathered themselves around, waiting in anticipation of F4 coming back, girls giggling and boys fixing their hair. 

Kyungsoo would have, by now left, not really liking the hectic atmosphere, however, he wanted to know what the big deal was, sure they're four good-looking rich kids but that's about it. Actually the more that he thought about it, the only actually genuinely talented one, or the one that had at least some sort of contribution to his family was the ing playboy, Park Chanyeol, was it? 

He made sure to hide, far enough for him to see them but far enough to make sure no one sees him. 

The door opened with a bang, ripping Kyungsoo's eyes from the polished marble of the floor to the four that had just walked in. They were tall, that was the first thing he noticed. Wu Yi Fan was the tallest alongside Park Chanyeol if he remembers their name correctly. Kim Jongin and Oh Sehun were roughly the same height, but if he had to guess, he'd say Sehun's taller. Jongin was a lot tanner in real life too, Kyungsoo noted for a nanosecond before he went back to staring at Sehun....so he was correct in thinking the boy he had disturbed the morning was The Oh Sehun. They were all dressed in black expensive-looking suits, well all apart from Sehun, who had worn a white equally expensive looking suit, and they stood high and mighty that even Do Kyungsoo felt small (and, no, not because they were much taller, Kyungsoo didn't believe in the.. height department). 

It was silent once Kim Jongin held his hand out, and the only thing heard was the sound of feet moving further and further forward, till it stopped. Everyone held their breaths, staring, gasping silently when Jongin had leaned down, coming face to face with a boy, a boy with a fearful expression on his face. Kyungsoo's mouth twisted. 

"Lee Sung Jong," he dragged each syllable, eyes glaring at the younger boy who cowered down, "You really are something.." he said scoffing.

"Apologies, get on your knee and beg," he demanded, counting down as the boy frantically blinked away his tears. 

"....3"

"...2" 

"...1" 

The boy had made a move, but it was too late.

Smirking, Jongin turned to Yifan. 

"Kris, do you have any of your juice left?" he said, dragging the half kneeling boy up. 

"Here," Yifan said, in a bored manner, handing over the small plastic bottle. 

Smirking, once again, Jongin twisted the lid, keeping the small plastic in his left palm, alongside the bottle as with his right hand he grabbed the pocket on the right side of the boy's chest, lifting it slightly, before pouring the entire remainder of the content in the pocket, the orange colour soaking the thin fabric of the (probably expensive) white shirt. The boy stood there crying silently. No one moved, not until the boy left running away in tears, about six more guys following him out. 

Kyungsoo was pissed.

"Who do they think they are!" he asked once the area was clear, not thinking anyone heard him but was wrong when he heard three gasps. He looked wide-eyed at the girls who stared at him with flashing clothes and caked-on makeup.  

"Who are you?" he said with a frown. 

"No, who are you?" the blonde said, flicking her long hair, "You can't say that about our F4 Oppa's, what even are you, scholarship student?". 

Kyungsoo scoffed, closing there was no point arguing with them, "What did that kid even do for F4 to do that to him?" he asked, curious why someone would get so humiliated in front of the entire school. 

"In the canteen, whilst Sunjong was eating an orange, some of the juice went into Kim Jongin's eye," the tall one informed. 

"That's bull!" Kyungsoo said, even angrier, "That's no reason, don't tell me you support that sociopath!" 

The three just scoffed at him. 

"Do you even know who we are, midget?" the one in the middle asked, arms crossed, eyebrows furrowed in disapproval. 

"I asked that before-" 

"I'm Taeyeon," the blonde, small one said. 

"Tiffany!" the one on the left smiled brightly, winking at the unamused boy. 

"Seohyun!" the one in the middle said, spinning on her heel. 

"I really don't give a fu-"

"You should remember us, pretty boy," Tiffany said, ruffling Kyungsoo's hair, pecking his cheeks before the trio left. 

Image result for small heart gif

"ING F4!!!!" Kyungsoo screamed. He had found himself on the school rooftop, where he let out all his built up frustration. 

And he's only seen them for ten minutes. 

"Who the do they think they are?" he continued screaming at the sky, "They're just spoiled bratty dickholes, who the even does that!?" 

"They were born with a silver spoon in the mouth, they should at least earn to respect and care for other!" 

"The day I call one of them sunbae is the day I jump of this building!" 

"I swear to god next time I see them four bastards I'll put them in the place and if I don't I'll-" 

"Aish!" a sudden voice stopped Kyungsoo midway in his rant. Eyes widening, he snapped his head to the left and felt his soul leave his body once he saw Oh ing Sehun standing there, a sleepy expression adorning his pretty face. 

"If you're plotting on killing us, could you please do it somewhere else, you've disturbed my sleep.," he said, standing next to Kyungsoo, turning to look at him briefly. 

"Don't get into to too much trouble, kid," he mumbles, walking down the stairs, "I'll find somewhere else to sleep."   

Kyungsoo wasn't sure if Sehun was more of an or not.

Image result for small heart gif

"Kyungie!!!" Baekhyun jumped to hug the boy as soon as he came to the cafe, "So...how was Shinhwa?" he asked, a smirk forming on his lips. 

"." his frown growing as he took off his blazer, hanging it in his place of the apron he took off, wrapping it around his waist, before pouting slightly. 

"Why?" Baekhyun said, hopping onto the desk of the cashier, swinging his legs back and forth. 

"ing dips, F4!" he exclaimed, waving his hands around dramatically. 

"Wow! F4? Are they hot?" Baekhyun asked. 

"They're fine, but they have along with oozing arrogance, a diploma in ''..." he answered, resting his head in his palms. 

"All of them?" Baekhyun questioned innocently, tilting his head to the left. 

"Yeah, they're just massive bullies," Kyungsoo pouted, "I can't believe the teacher doesn't do anything!" he exclaimed. 

"I mean they do give the school a lot of money, so the teachers can't really do anything," Baekhyun explained, and Kyungsoo wondered why everyone knows so much about F4 but him, "Plus, they all can't be horrible,"

"Wel...there was one, he...he seemed okay," Kyungsoo mumbled. 

"Who is this I hear of?" a loud voice shouted, coming closer to the shocked teen, but they only shook their heads when they realized it was just good-old Heechul. 

"It's just a guy off F4 who isn't a complete , apparently," Baekhyun said, standing next to Kyungsoo in oppose to sitting on the desk. 

"F4..?" Heechul asked, and then nodded in memory of Jaejoong and Yunho calling happily last night about Kyungsoo going to Shinhwa High School.    

"Wait, you say one isn't a ?" he asked. 

"Yeah, they're jerks, but one seems nice..." he mumbled towards the end, once again, not wanting to admit that he had indeed thought Sehun wasn't a complete and utter like the other three. 

"Ahh," Heechul hummed, "I remember I had a lover, he too was a part of the entire bad boy thing," his eyes looked dreamy as he started out into space, "BUT!" 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun crossed their eyebrows, wondering where Heechul was going with. 

"I found shortly after he was a part of the mafia!" he exclaimed dramatically. 

Baekhyun pouted, "What sort of life do you live?!" 

Heechul ignored him, turning back to Kyungsoo, "I'd be careful,"

Image result for small heart gif

"Soo, since it was your first day, I, your lovely Baba, made you all your favourite food!" Jaejoong said, pinching and kissing his son's cheeks, babying him as he sat up the table. 

On the other side of the room, Soojung and his Appa were ironing his uniform, which he had said wasn't necessary, but both were too happy, so he didn't have the heart to tell them no. 

"Soo! Look, Kimchi spaghetti, com'on Yunnie, Soojung, let's eat!" Jaejoong cheered, and the family gathered together, sharing laughter and smiles.

"Look, because of this occasion, I bought soju!" Yunho smiled, pulling out a small bottle, "Ah, um..the prices have gone up," he giggled once he saw the look Kyungsoo gave him, who then nodded in understanding. 

"Com'on," it was endearing to see his Papa try to put a small bottle of soju into four glasses,"Look Soo and Kyung, I have you a tiny bit, only for today," Yunho explained, and the two siblings ignored him, quickly downing the alcohol.  

Later that night, when Soojung asked him about F4, he told her what he told Baekhyun (minus the vulgarity and Sehun). 

Image result for small heart gif

The next time Kyungsoo came across these F4 ers was when they had been causing another commotion (well, apart from Sehun, maybe) in the corridor again and much like the first time he'd seen them, days ago, they have gathered around, for some reason, Kyungsoo still didn't understand. 

"Jongin Oppa," a tiny voice said, causing everyone to look over, once again, to a girl looking down, with a cake held before her. 

"What is this for?" he asked, face set into a frown. 

"I-It's f-f-or you Oppa," she stuttered, red decorating her white of his cheeks, "I-I made it myself!" she added with a sincere smile and if Kyungsoo wasn't mad he would have cooed at how cute she was. 

To everyone's surprise, Jongin took the cake in his hands, examining the cake and before anyone could register how it happened the sponge cake was all mushed to the face of the, now, crying girl. He glared down at her, grabbing the end of her blazer, whipping some of the whip cream and chocolate that had smudged on his fingers. 

"I only eat desserts made from the very best pastry chefs from France," he said, eyes straight ahead, "I don't eat things from people like you.". 

He walked past her, the other three following, walking but coming to a stop when they saw a small, wide-eyed boy standing there, looking at the floor in, almost, contemplation. 

"What are you?" Jongin asked, Kyungsoo finally looking up at the taller boy, clenching his fists to prevent himself from saying something he would most definitely regret. 

"N-Nothing," he whispered harshly, ignoring the smirk Sehun gave him as they began to walk back. 

He stormed to the vacant music room, the one-off campus, only available for music students. Luckily, not many people booked it often (mainly because they had all the instruments and equipment required at the comfort of their own house, something Kyungsoo wasn't really privileged in) so he booked most of the time slots. Stepping into the room he instantly grabbed two drumsticks laying on top of the piano, throwing his blazer off him before violently banging the wood against the instruments, a fast rhythm, his hands going red, growing blisters but he was too annoyed at himself than anything. 

Image result for small heart gif

He scrunched up his nose and twisted his mouth in what Heechul would say: a piggish manner, but how could he not when he read the prices of the food were sold in the school canteen. 

After he had almost broken his arms from playing the drums like a madman, he was almost going to faint from the lack of food in him, so like any other sensible person, he went to the canteen to eat. His Baba had already packed him food but the annoying voice of Seohyun, Taeyeon, and Tiffany told him that people should only eat from the canteen. He shook his head, taking a seat on a clear table, pulling out his bento box. Jaejoong decided to cook Japanese. Just as he was about to eat he looked up to see Tiffany examine his food cautiously, as it'd jump out any moment. 

It took all his power not to tell her to  off

"You're going to eat that?" Taeyeon asked, poking the takoyaki with her own chopstick. 

Growling slightly he ignored her completely, he was pretty sure they were gone, so that's why when he felt another poke on his shoulder he glared up at the intruder, mouth full of rice. He almost choked when he noticed it wasn't the annoying trio, instead, it was an angelic looking boy, smiling down at him, his eyes shining with sincerity and if he wasn't embarrassed as he was now, he would have smiled back. 

"Can I try some?" he asked nicely, smiling again, Kyungsoo nodded dumbly. 

Image result for small heart gif

He learned his name was Kim Junmyeon, but he also had a nickname, Suho and that he was a year older, but in the same class due to personal issues, he had missed a year. They shared mutual interests in music, and despite the latter coming from a more wealthy family, Kyungsoo didn't find any form of bratty-ness from the taller (just slightly, though, like a few centimetres). 

They both were giggling like high school girls, ice-cream cones in each hand as Junmyeon was balancing on the higher part of the pavement, whilst Kyungsoo was next to him, on the pavement part, not the grass of the large garden in the school, where small groups had gathered, but they weren't close enough to see who they were. 

"If it makes you feel better, I cried during Tokyo Gh-" Junmyeon, or Suho, had wanted to say, in an almost comforting way after Kyungsoo embarrassingly admitted to being caught crying to tennis anime, but it seemed like Kyungsoo himself, his new friend was quite clumsy, which was evident in how he had fallen over from essentially nothing. Sure this would have been fine, just casual, normal fallings but of course, the world's are against Do Kyungsoo because his only friend in the school dropped his mint-chocolate chip ice-cream on Kim Jongin's shoes.

Well

Rushing to Suho's side, Kyungsoo helped him up, grabbing his waist and pulling him up, and stepping away once the hyung regained his balance, and Suho only cowered as Kim Jongin looked over him, staring down at the trembling boy in disgust. 

"My shoes," he stated in a voice underlined with a deep threat that caused Kyungsoo to clench his fists tightly. He looked up to see Sehun, looking at him, eyes formed in thin slits as he looked at the smaller boy, waiting for him to put his previous words to action, but he knew he wouldn't dare, no one would go against F4, let alone a commoner. 

"I-I'll p-pay it b-b-back..." Suho stuttered nervously, eyes burning with tears. 

Jongin only scoffed, "You! You think you'll be able to pay for these?". 

"I-I could try?" 

"Ha! Do you know I just got these today, today, handmade by an Italian designer that took four months for these, you think you can replace it?" he crackled venomously, glaring down but the image of the pathetic boy was gone when a smaller, wide-eyed boy stood in front of the crying boy, looking up at him dead in the eye.

Different. 

"Yah! Who the do you think you are?" Kyungsoo asked, eyes burning holes into Jongin's shocked one. 

"What are you?" Jongin asked scanning his eyes up and down Kyungsoo's body. Kris came to whisper in his ear. 

"Ah...the commoner..." he said, smirking slightly, "I knew commoner couldn't keep up with news..but not knowing the heir of Shinhwa?" he clicked his tongue "Disappointing,". 

"His friend, I'm his friend," he said firmly. 

"So friends, huh? Is your concept not knowing your place, huh? Step aside and let him sort out what he began?"

"I-I'll do it anything!" he said with confidence.

"Anything?" Jongin asked eyebrows lifted, and once he received another certain nod Jongin smirked, " it off," he whispered. 

"E-Excuse me?" 

"I said, the ice-cream off my shoe," he demanded again, moving his left foot forward in clarification. 

Kyungsoo gulped nervously, looking over to see Suho, staring at him with guilt, eyes watering as he sprinted off and only now had he noticed the large group forming around them.

"He values your friendship so much.." Jongin cooed, sarcasm seeping through his words as he continued glaring at the determined boy.

"I-I still value our friendship enough!"

"What are you waiting for then shortie? it off," he commanded again.

Sighing he went down on one knee, and then on another kneeling down. 

Jongin smirked in victory, of course, the commoner wouldn't dare go against his word, but then it happened. 

Kyungsoo got up as soon as he saw his reflection in the reflection of the shiny black shoes, smothering Jongin face in the vanilla ice-cream he already had in his hand. 

Sehun, Chanyeol, and Kris didn't even bother to hide their shock, all three having their mouths at slack. 

"What's my concept huh? It's being a ing decent person, you should try it! You ignorant brats need to learn about the basic concept of life," he said, looking down at the boy trying to remove the ice-cream from his face, "How was it his fault he fell huh? He didn't want to fall on your over-priced ugly shoes?"

"You don't know about the value of money, you haven't worked for anything in your life!"  he was about to turn, but the damage had already been done, why not add salt to the wound?

"Here's my father's bookstore address, if you ever need to cramp your small brain with some basic civil characteristics he'll give you 35% off, " he finished by sticking his father's shop details at the forehead of the male. 

And with that, he left a fuming Kim Jongin, humiliated, pride hurt for the first time in his life. 

Do Kyungsoo, was, indeed, in some deep


A/N:  I'm sorry for taking ten years to update but through May I was busy studying and I had my exams in June. I was going to update last week, but it takes me about two weeks to write a chapter (I honestly don't know why) and I was in Scotland to meet my friend, so whilst I was there at the beginning of our summer holiday (began 20th June) I finished the chapter, well almost, but then my computer stopped working, and I DIDN'T SAVE IT. So, I had to call Apple, order a new laptop, but since I was in Scotland for a few days, and I live down in Cambridge, I only got my new laptop three days ago. I'm sorry. Enough about my first world problems. I've been writing since seven last night, and now it's quarter to six, and if that seems convoluted, writing isn't my forte. 

Please, please, please, comment, it takes me so long to write these so it would be (really) nice to see if people told me if I'm even writing it well, or you know, if people even do read it, or want to further read/even be interested in me continuing...