Cool Topics (P1)

Blowing Hot Air

“Stay just like that”, Francine told the man. “Just a little longer”, she held his arms. While teaching her client to build endurance, she stayed silent until the time was up. The man released himself and dropped to the ground seconds before the limit. “Mr. Lee, you can't keep giving up at the end”, Francine stood. “You worked me too hard today”, The older man said. “It's only for good results”, she said helping him up. She watched her client laugh and walk out of the studio.

   Francine took a minute to look at the mirror before she left. She thought about the pool incident from the other day. “Did it really take a swimsuit to make him do that?”, she thought while checking out her shape. “Or the hair”, She ruffled her puff. Ever since the end of that event, she’s been so confused.   Wiping the sweat from her forehead, she noticed her observer from across the room.

   “Francine, why are you here”, The woman said. “To work, boss”, Francine ran over to her. “I told you to take two weeks off for construction”, The woman stated. “Kimberli, I haven't worked for five days”, Francine spoke with her hands. Kimberli folded her arms. “Kimmie, please”, She hugged her small employer. “Because I'm your friend”, Kimberli hugged her back. “I want you to go back home and come back in two weeks”. “You do me so wrong”, Francine whined. “It's only for good results”, Kimberli mocked.

  Kimberli was a friend from college, who started up her own gym. Francine was one of the people that truly supported her idea from the start, and was crazy enough to stick with her when this gym was just an abandoned dance studio. Now they're beginning the remodel and construction for a pool.

  “Why are you even here today”, Kimberli walked Francine out to the register. “Air conditioning”, Francine lied. She’s been so confused, she had to start avoiding Jooheon. “Aww, why didn't you call me? I would've let you stay over”, Kimberli suggested. When Francine was going to speak, Kimberli started a conversation with the cashier.

  Once Kimberli finished her talk, she turned to Francine. “You trained two people today?”, Kimberli checked. "Only Mr.Lee”, Francine protested. Kimberli was puzzled.“Oh, someone just requested you”, Kimberli laughed. Francine stared at her boss with puppy eyes. “Call them if you want to train them, but it can't be here”. Francine was dumbfounded. “If you want to work so bad, don't use a place that should be closed”, Kimberli handed her the number of the customer.

  “So I'm going to be someone's personal trainer from my home”

  “Only when they agree to it”, Kimberli escorted Francine out the front doors. “Now, unless you are giving constructive ideas, go home” Kimberli waved. “And call me later”, the boss lady closed her doors.

  A pouting Francine walked to the sidewalk of her workplace and called a Lyft to take her home. She prayed that college kid would be at his school. All she wanted was to avoid anymore surprised reactions. A honk was heard and Francine sped to the car.

  As she sat in the car, she was hit with a familiar smell. It reminded her of chlorine, which brought her back to yesterday.

  “I'm giving you to the count of 10 to take your bold home before I drag it”, Francine threatened. “Shouldn't I be the one who's mad”, He said. “10”, Francine began counting. Used to this, Jooheon made his way to the stairs of the pool. “9”. As he brought his foot to a step, he froze. “8”. This little girl was not about to scare him. “7”. Jooheon turned to his bestie and took a deep breath. “6”. He began to move towards his friend looking directly into her eyes. “5”. Her coiled locks all drenched and her sweet eyes trying so hard to be scary. “4”. Her lips were pouted and full. “3”. He caught a glimpse of her cleavage and couldn't tell why he didn't notice them throughout this whole time.”2”. Now Jooheon was seconds from holding his best friend's face. “1”, Francine slipped out before Jooheon brought his hands to her waist. He pulled her close to him and he swung her around. He ended up flopping her over in the water.

   Francine came up and pushed the curls that were in her ponytail out of her face. As she looked for her rubber band, she noticed the hand that held it. “Frannie, what did you think this was”, Jooheon put his hands on his hips once Francine snatched her holder. She decided to swim to the stairs.

 “Excuse me, we're here”, the driver announced interrupting her flashback. Francine shook her head and took out her wallet. After paying the driver, she nearly dashed to her complex. Looking at her destination, she saw a man in dark colors in front of her door. “Do you have a life”, Francine yelled while walking up the stairs. “I'm making sure you don't run off this time”, the boy said.

  Nearly to the stairs, she walked slowly to her buddy. “Shouldn't you be studying”, the girl said nudging her Jooheon. “Yes, but I'm a chapter ahead”, he moved from the door. Francine unlocked her door and stood back. They just stood there until the man realized his role. “Coming inside?”, Francine sighed. She walked in and looked around for any messes she made. “Might as well since I'm here”, the man agreed, closing the door behind him.