Chapter 1

He's Mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HfqBq0SzdI


Three years later...

Kai sat at the bar, eyeing a woman a few stools away from him.

When he finally caught her attention, he winked at her while taking a sip of his drink.

She moved accordingly, standing up from her seat, moving over to the stool right next to her observer.

"Kai, isn't it?" She purred seductively.

"Oh," His tone was light as he set down his drink, "You recognize me?"

She eyed him from top to bottom, "Hard not to."

He smirked from her response, "So, you want to get out of here?"

"Hm, not even gonna buy me a drink first?" She laid her chin in her palm as she questioned.

"What can I say," Kai shrugged and gave her his signature grin, "I move fast."

The woman smiled lightly, liking where this conversation was going, "My place or yours?"

Kai leaned in close, "Yours."


Early next morning...

Kai held his phone to his ear as he waited for someone to pick up.

Before he heard a reluctant "Hello," on the other end, he looked about the unfamiliar streets.

"Hey, Sehun, you gotta pick me up."

"Really, Jongin? That's like the thrid one this week."

"Yeah," Kai smirked as he walked down the street, straightening his tie, "But just pick me up before she realizes I'm gone."

"...Fine. Where are you anyway?"

"Uhm..." Kai looked around for a street to give to his 'taxi service,' when he spotted someone.

"Kai, where ya going?" The girl he was with last night lightly jogged toward him in a silk robe.

...Kai cursed under his breath.

"Hello? Kai?" Sehun could be heard clearly from the other end of the phone, "Where am I suppose to pick you up?"

Hearing that last bit, the girl bit the inside of her cheek, knowing exactly where Kai was about to go.

Kai laughed silently with slight awkwardness, "... Last night was fun. Uhm, but I-"

Before he could get another word in, the woman slapped him straight across the face and walked off.

Kai sighed and rubbed his cheek. He put the phone back to his ear as he continued to walk down the street.

He could hear Sehun stiffling a laugh on the other end, "You got slapped, didn't you?"

"Shut up." Kai ruffled his hair, completely tired of this situation, "Can you just pick me up already?"

"Not if you don't tell me where you are."

Kai looked around again, "Damn it, it's like there's no street signs or anything here."

"Well, you have to give me something."

"Ah, hold up..." Kai turned in circles as he looked for a sign as of where he was, "Uhm, well-"

Not caring to look where he was going, Kai bumped into a random person.

"Oh, sorry." Kai faced the person, "I wasn't-..."

He blinked, making sure the figure before him wasn't a mere illusion, "H-Hyjin?"

She turned slightly to meet him with much hesitation in her movement. 

Hyjin glanced up once, and immediately returned her sight to the floor beneath her.

She swallowed the lump in and exhaled steadily, "Hey, Jongin."

Kai couldn't even bring himself to say anything else. He merely gawked at her, thinking that the sight in front of him was utterly impossible.

Hyjin continued to stare at the floor, "...You're looking well." 

Kai eyed her, wondering if he should even hold up a conversation with her, "...Hard to believe since you're just staring at the ground."

Hyjin froze, but slowly began to look at him, face to face.

He wanted to be mad, but seeing her after all these years, old feelings began to resuface- feelings he thought died long ago.  Her hair was shorter and died a darker shade of brown, and there was a more mature stature to her now- but the eyes he fell madly in love with remained the same.

He had been waiting for this moment for years. The day he could finally ask why she left or at least tell her off for leaving him a reck, but he just couldn't do it.  He forgot how weak he was in her beautiful presence.

The two of them stood there for a moment, just looking at each other. Not a word was said, for neither one of them could say anything.

"Umma..." Kai cut out of his trance as he saw a small boy ran past him and latched on to Hyjin.

Hyjin picked up the boy, her eyes not leaving Kai at all.

And in that moment, it felt as if something had clicked within Kai, and the anger and frustration he had surpressed for all these years was able to entrance him entirely.  

His eyes turned cold, but he couldn't blow up in front of thsi kid, no matter who his mother was- no matter who is father was.

Kai questioned, "Who's this?"

This was the first time Hyjin's eyes left his since meeting again.

She inhaled once. "Jeonghwan... He's mine."