Prologue

He's Mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv2Leejlyow



Kai couldn't help but smile as he gazed at his phone screen.  On it was a picture of he and his girlfriend.  They've been dating for six months in secrecy, and he finally believed that he had found "the one."

Nothing could ruin the happiness he had felt during this very moment.  His career, being part of EXO, was doing immensely well for it just being their second year, not to mention the countless awards they've been winning.

And he found the perfect girl.  She was all he could ask for.  Patient and supportive, yet she definitely didn't baby him for the celebrity he was.  Hyjin treated him as an equal, as a regular guy; and he loved it.  If he ever needed a break from the hectic, overwhelming life of fame, she was there to take him to a place that seemed almost dream-like.  But it wasn't; when with her, he felt that his fantasy had finally met reality.  He felt utterly blessed that he had someone like her in his life.  It was thanks to her that he hadn't gone completely insane with all the sasaengs and tiring work schedules.

He had found the perfect balance of accomplishment and bliss in his life, and nothing could possibly take this feeling away.


But there was actually one thing- or rather one person that had the ability to turn his world into oblivion, and it was her.  She was the sole person who had the ability to turn his ultimate happiness into complete suffering- which was exactly what she did.

She left. 

Without a word or explanation, she took off.  Leaving him in nothing but wonder and regret.


Two years later...

He gazed at his phone screen, his jaw tight and his face hard. Why did he continue to look at this picture, it's been years since he last saw her, yet he never brought himself to delete this single photo. Even through the change in phones, the picture remained in his sim card; never being able to escape the past.

"Yah, why do you still have this picture?" Baekhyun shook his head as he looked over his friend's shoulder, "It's been what a year?"

"Two actually," Kai put his phone in his pocket and laid back in the chair, " ...from today."

"Now that's just unhealthy." Sehun opened a water bottle and sipped from it.

All of the EXO members knew about Kai's relationship, and while all could agree that the couple was a very unique item, they all thought that Kai's obssession was going a bit too far.

Kai's eyes scanned the floor as if he could find the answer to his question be simply looking, "How could she just leave like that?"

Sehun sighed and sat on the chair next to his fellow member, "And here we go again."

"No call, no note, or even a damn fight where she can storm off after." Kai shook his head lightly, thinking about all the past theories he came up with for the past few years. "Why didn't she...?"

"I don't know." Baekhyun hesitated, "But Jongin, it's been... Two years."

"I know, but-"

"No, no more buts!" Baekhyun stood up and pointed at Kai sternly, "The only 'but' I should be hearing from you from this day forth better be about the asses you've been getting."

Baekhyun began to exit the room, but he kept his eyes and pointed finger on Jongin until he was completely out of sight.

Kai puffed out his exhale.

"You know he's right."

Kai looked over at the maknae, "About what? Getting some ''?"

"Well," Sehun nodded, thinking about it a bit, "It couldn't hurt."

Kai rolled his eyes and cursed his two friends under his breath.

Sehun smiled shaking his head, "No, but seriously... You have to get over her."

"How can you guys expect me to move on from such an amazing girl? She was perfe-"

"I'm pretty sure the 'perfect girl' would at least leave an explanation for taking off."

Kai looked down in his lap, unable to respond to Sehun's words.

"Look, I can tell you all the cliches.  'It wasn't meant to be.'  'There are other fish in the sea.' 'If you love something let it go,' Any of that fairytale bull." Sehun began to standup, "But in the end, it's all the same.  She's out of your life. So, all that's left is for you to put that smiling Jongin-face back on, and seduce women with your Kai-charm."

Sehun winked and patted the elder's shoulder before heading out the room, and Kai began to think about the advice given to him.

Two years, and I'm still hung over her... 

Kai took out his phone once again, looking at the same image he was staring at before.

He clicked on the trash icon; and on the screen, a warning appeared "Are you sure?"